• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:22
CEST 06:22
KST 13:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10208 users

Men's Fashion Thread - Page 30

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 446 Next
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
February 20 2012 04:29 GMT
#581
On February 20 2012 05:36 Focuspants wrote:
Im getting married in June. Its going to be a nice outdoor wedding in a vineyard, so I decided to keep it light and me and the groomsmen are going with light grey suits. JWD's last blog inspired me, and I bought a pair of the Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenues in walnut calf, and a matching Walnut AE belt. Cant wait to get them!


Also ordered some other stuff recently. Tweed Sport Coat off ebay which im really excited about, and some random stuff off the Cladmen sale.

Oh, I also ordered a couple shirts off Charles Tyrwhitt. Does anyone have any experience with their shirts? I went for the tailored cut, which is slimmer cut than their "slim cut". Im about 5'10-5'11 and about 180ish lbs. Not skinny but not big, just average. Anyone know if slim or tailored would work better?


I own two CT shirts. They are decent, not great, but not bad either.

I'm actually really similar to you in terms of weight and height at 5'11" and 175. I do a lot of weightlifting, and I'm slim with CT.

I think 180 lb for 5'11 is considered pretty big.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Focuspants
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada780 Posts
February 20 2012 07:14 GMT
#582
On February 20 2012 13:29 Cambium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2012 05:36 Focuspants wrote:
Im getting married in June. Its going to be a nice outdoor wedding in a vineyard, so I decided to keep it light and me and the groomsmen are going with light grey suits. JWD's last blog inspired me, and I bought a pair of the Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenues in walnut calf, and a matching Walnut AE belt. Cant wait to get them!


Also ordered some other stuff recently. Tweed Sport Coat off ebay which im really excited about, and some random stuff off the Cladmen sale.

Oh, I also ordered a couple shirts off Charles Tyrwhitt. Does anyone have any experience with their shirts? I went for the tailored cut, which is slimmer cut than their "slim cut". Im about 5'10-5'11 and about 180ish lbs. Not skinny but not big, just average. Anyone know if slim or tailored would work better?


I own two CT shirts. They are decent, not great, but not bad either.

I'm actually really similar to you in terms of weight and height at 5'11" and 175. I do a lot of weightlifting, and I'm slim with CT.

I think 180 lb for 5'11 is considered pretty big.


Im not huge upperbody wise. I have decently broad shoulders, a stronger build, and really muscular heavy legs haha. The legs add most of the weight. I am relatively normal on top, just a thin layer of stomach im currently working off. Their return policy is really good, so at least I can just exchange them if I have to.

As for the jacket, the measurements almost identically match up with one I currently own, thats why I went for it. I really liked the pattern and colours in it, was a bit of a birthday impulse buy haha, but I think its pretty versatile!
beachbeachy
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States509 Posts
February 20 2012 07:25 GMT
#583
don't buy skinny jeans. jesus christ lol
Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men. - Goethe
Focuspants
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada780 Posts
February 20 2012 08:19 GMT
#584
On February 20 2012 16:25 beachbeachy wrote:
don't buy skinny jeans. jesus christ lol


Haha I dont. Actually the Lands End Straight Fit Chinos fit great for anyone that has muscular thighs. They are on sale for 13.99 right now, and I found this promo code: springship PIN: 6212 which gets you an additional 25% off and free shipping. No duty on orders under $20 to Canada also. This will be my third pair. For 11ish bucks they are a STEAL.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/canvas-the-heritage-straight-fit-chino~236442_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::WHI&CM_MERCH=IDX_overstocks-_-men-_-pants&origin=index

That code applies to everything until Feb 28th I believe.
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
February 20 2012 15:18 GMT
#585
On February 20 2012 16:25 beachbeachy wrote:
don't buy skinny jeans. jesus christ lol


I dont think anyone on here has advocated for skinny jeans. Slim yes skinny no.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
fatfail
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States386 Posts
February 20 2012 17:21 GMT
#586
I tried skinny jeans today, and I think wearing them for over a few minutes will cause irreparable damage to one's genitals.
Kong fan... <3 Stork <3 Jangbi <3 Yellow <3 Fantasy
Gogleion
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States534 Posts
February 20 2012 18:12 GMT
#587
On February 20 2012 17:19 Focuspants wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2012 16:25 beachbeachy wrote:
don't buy skinny jeans. jesus christ lol


Haha I dont. Actually the Lands End Straight Fit Chinos fit great for anyone that has muscular thighs. They are on sale for 13.99 right now, and I found this promo code: springship PIN: 6212 which gets you an additional 25% off and free shipping. No duty on orders under $20 to Canada also. This will be my third pair. For 11ish bucks they are a STEAL.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/canvas-the-heritage-straight-fit-chino~236442_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::WHI&CM_MERCH=IDX_overstocks-_-men-_-pants&origin=index

That code applies to everything until Feb 28th I believe.

Just ordered, thanks for the tip!
EffOrt. That is all.
Zambrah
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States7393 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-22 00:38:06
February 22 2012 00:27 GMT
#588
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I got some advice that suggested I get a cut something like these:

http://haircutsformen.org/buzz/haircuts/buzz148.htm

http://haircutsformen.org/buzz/haircuts/buzz99.htm

I'm intrigued, I'm not sure if I like the spike at the front, but I think they're an interesting choice.

What do you all think? I'm probably gonna get a haircut soon, so I'm trying to accumulate as much feedback as possible.

Oh, and for the most part I don't want very short hair at all, the cuts shown are around the shortest I feel super comfortable going, but thats not necessarily the line, so if you think something'd look good on me thats shorter, do post it, because I'm always interested.

Thanks. <3
Incremental change is the Democrat version of Trickle Down economics.
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-22 01:50:58
February 22 2012 01:49 GMT
#589
Hate the second one, the first one is ok, but both will take a lot of work to maintain. The front flip has always struck me as juvenile, and rarely looks good IMO.

Disclaimer: Hair is not a strong point for me. I keep it nice and short.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
Zambrah
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States7393 Posts
February 22 2012 01:52 GMT
#590
On February 22 2012 10:49 jamesr12 wrote:
Hate the second one, the first one is ok, but both will take a lot of work to maintain. The front flip has always struck me as juvenile, and rarely looks good IMO.

Disclaimer: Hair is not a strong point for me. I keep it nice and short.


I'm not too worried about looking juvenile (I'm young in spirit! as well as the rest of me) but the spike just... I don't know, I picture Edward Cullen when I see that haircut, and that just doesn't sit well with me. :-p
Incremental change is the Democrat version of Trickle Down economics.
ElectricWizard
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway200 Posts
February 22 2012 01:54 GMT
#591
I'm considering starting to wear tweed.Something like this -> [image loading]

Any comments?
mouzThorZaIN / EmpireviOLet / BboongBboongPRIME / xSixSleep / TSLSymbol
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-22 02:01:44
February 22 2012 01:59 GMT
#592
Juvenile is never good even if you are young. Of the two you gave the first one is the right choice 100 times out of 100. I prefer these two though:

http://haircutsformen.org/buzz/haircuts/buzz71.htm

http://haircutsformen.org/buzz/haircuts/buzz222.htm

@ Wizard: In what type of environment? Tweed can be tough to pull off, and 3 piece also hard to pull off.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
Zambrah
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States7393 Posts
February 22 2012 02:02 GMT
#593
On February 22 2012 10:59 jamesr12 wrote:
Juvenile is never good even if you are young. Of the two you gave the first one is the right choice 100 times out of 100. I prefer these two though:

http://haircutsformen.org/buzz/haircuts/buzz71.htm

http://haircutsformen.org/buzz/haircuts/buzz222.htm

@ Wizard: In what type of environment? Tweed can be tough to pull off, and 3 piece also hard to pull off.


I think I'm going to Photoshop these onto my head and see what looks the best.

I like the first one.
Incremental change is the Democrat version of Trickle Down economics.
Bigtony
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1606 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-22 03:14:06
February 22 2012 03:07 GMT
#594
On February 22 2012 10:54 ElectricWizard wrote:
I'm considering starting to wear tweed.Something like this -> + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Any comments?


There's nothing wrong with this guy's outfit. In fact he does it very well - the color elements (shirt, socks, square) offset the extreme neutrality of the tweed and everything is appropriately sized. On the other hand he looks like a giant piece of poop. Literally he is the color of poop. I can't think of a situation where I would want to wear this. Three piece is a thumbs up from me. It can be a bit overkill depending on the occasion, so make sure that the vest is good enough to wear without the jacket. Today I wore a vest without a jacket/tie and got complimented all day

On that note I need more ties...I'm pretty sure I asked before in this thread but hey - I like Express for ties. Cheap but solid construction and huge variety (plus sales/coupons yaaaaaaaaaaaaay). I prefer skinny/narrow (2 or 2.5 inches wide).

Any suggestions on pairing ties appropriately? Most of my shirts are solid colors (I have one of like every color :x) and I rotate through black/khaki/grey pants. I have a black (gets the most use), silver (ruined it : (), and a royal blue (doesn't seem to go with anything!).
Push 2 Harder
Focuspants
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada780 Posts
February 22 2012 05:53 GMT
#595
On February 22 2012 12:07 Bigtony wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2012 10:54 ElectricWizard wrote:
I'm considering starting to wear tweed.Something like this -> + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Any comments?


There's nothing wrong with this guy's outfit. In fact he does it very well - the color elements (shirt, socks, square) offset the extreme neutrality of the tweed and everything is appropriately sized. On the other hand he looks like a giant piece of poop. Literally he is the color of poop. I can't think of a situation where I would want to wear this. Three piece is a thumbs up from me. It can be a bit overkill depending on the occasion, so make sure that the vest is good enough to wear without the jacket. Today I wore a vest without a jacket/tie and got complimented all day

On that note I need more ties...I'm pretty sure I asked before in this thread but hey - I like Express for ties. Cheap but solid construction and huge variety (plus sales/coupons yaaaaaaaaaaaaay). I prefer skinny/narrow (2 or 2.5 inches wide).

Any suggestions on pairing ties appropriately? Most of my shirts are solid colors (I have one of like every color :x) and I rotate through black/khaki/grey pants. I have a black (gets the most use), silver (ruined it : (), and a royal blue (doesn't seem to go with anything!).


I really like using knit ties when wearing solid colour shirts and/or very neutral sport coats/blazers/suits/v necks. They add some texture and flare that can put your get up over the top. If you want some good ties for cheap, the styleforum buy/sell forums usually have a bunch of people selling really amazing ties at VERY good prices. Thats where I do most of my tie shopping.
Rinny
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States616 Posts
February 23 2012 22:04 GMT
#596
Im going to see a house producer at a nightclub tommorow. Its not really a rave so i dont want to play raver dress up, but i dont usually go clubbing so I don't know what to wear. What do you wear to a nightclub? T-shirt or button down, what kind of jeans, plz help I want to look nice so i can feel confident when i talk to girls.
Where my swarm at? Ye Yeee
insourcecertainty
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States142 Posts
February 23 2012 22:13 GMT
#597
On February 20 2012 16:25 beachbeachy wrote:
don't buy skinny jeans. jesus christ lol


Every time I get my brother from his school I facepalm... I wish the guys there would follow this advice.
asseT
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom31 Posts
February 23 2012 22:22 GMT
#598
On February 24 2012 07:04 Rinny wrote:
Im going to see a house producer at a nightclub tommorow. Its not really a rave so i dont want to play raver dress up, but i dont usually go clubbing so I don't know what to wear. What do you wear to a nightclub? T-shirt or button down, what kind of jeans, plz help I want to look nice so i can feel confident when i talk to girls.

Just wear a normal tee with casual jeans preferable dark blue and casual shoes :D
Revival~~~~
RoyGBiv_13
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1275 Posts
February 23 2012 23:06 GMT
#599
On February 24 2012 07:04 Rinny wrote:
Im going to see a house producer at a nightclub tommorow. Its not really a rave so i dont want to play raver dress up, but i dont usually go clubbing so I don't know what to wear. What do you wear to a nightclub? T-shirt or button down, what kind of jeans, plz help I want to look nice so i can feel confident when i talk to girls.

Ever heard of the 'uniform'? Stop me if this sounds familiar:

dark blue jeans, maybe pre-washed
black (or other solid dark color) button down shirt, with top two buttons unbuttoned. Untucked.
sneakers or canvas shoes
Sleeves rolled up to just short of elbow
hair spiked forward
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
Pawsom
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States928 Posts
February 23 2012 23:12 GMT
#600
I'm not saying skinny jeans are for everyone and personally I would never wear them. But for super skinny dudes with a wireframe figure I think they look fine
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 446 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft322
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta78
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft603
PiGStarcraft322
RuFF_SC2 214
StarCraft: Brood War
Stork 139
Leta 76
Hyuk 43
Horang2 39
Bale 16
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm192
League of Legends
JimRising 626
Counter-Strike
taco 406
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox733
C9.Mang0275
Westballz30
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor629
Other Games
summit1g9521
Coldzera 815
Sick121
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS35
Liquid`Ken7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick786
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream123
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• Letter149
• Adnapsc2 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota271
League of Legends
• Lourlo1058
• Stunt339
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 38m
Online Event
6h 38m
FEL
11h 38m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 38m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.