• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:35
CEST 01:35
KST 08:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9233 users

Tryhard gamertags - Page 13

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 21 Next All
shublar
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Korea (South)264 Posts
May 29 2011 02:30 GMT
#241
I'm undecided on the topic of attributing ones name to a famous pro gamer. Sure you want to be like Boxer if you call yourself SlayerS_<anything>, but if you're not as awesome, you're just shaming the name!

Same with FruitPeeler. Whoever you are, you don't even play zerg, you play terran, and terribly at that.
@eugmak - www.twitch.tv/shublar - www.ausproleague.com
Mafs
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada458 Posts
May 29 2011 02:32 GMT
#242
My psn is xxmgsxx
I was 11 and wanted it to look cool. But then I tried to change it but you cant. And I justed didnt want to make one since i was 10th prestige in cod4
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
May 29 2011 02:56 GMT
#243
On May 29 2011 10:21 ZaplinG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2011 10:10 WinteRR wrote:
Hands down the best I've seen in SC2 was: "JFKwasAFK"


haha i saw this one too. funny stuff


I prefer that AAAPLAYGUUUUU zerg in my SC2 league.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Spicy_Curry
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States10573 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-29 03:06:11
May 29 2011 03:05 GMT
#244
G0D1ik3G4nGzter i lol'd
High Risk Low Reward
Ab0miNaTioN_BoB
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States102 Posts
May 29 2011 03:07 GMT
#245
Is my name try hard?
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
May 29 2011 03:08 GMT
#246
On May 29 2011 12:07 Ab0miNaTioN_BoB wrote:
Is my name try hard?


You need to add xXx tags around it
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
May 29 2011 03:11 GMT
#247
I have always been proud my name. It's practically the polar opposite of try hard.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
MetalLobster
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada532 Posts
May 29 2011 03:11 GMT
#248
On May 29 2011 12:08 Chairman Ray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2011 12:07 Ab0miNaTioN_BoB wrote:
Is my name try hard?


You need to add xXx tags around it


dont forget to change all your "i" to 1
Mykill
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada3402 Posts
May 29 2011 03:21 GMT
#249
Anything with x's and look like palindromes are tryhard.
names with things like sniper, skater, pro are all cliches.
[~~The Impossible Leads To Invention~~] CJ Entusman #52 The problem with internet quotations is that they are hard to verify -Abraham Lincoln c.1863
Moochlol
Profile Joined August 2010
United States456 Posts
May 29 2011 03:22 GMT
#250
My ID is SlayerSMooch and I try hard as shit!
blaaaaaarghhhhh
Optimist
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia161 Posts
May 29 2011 03:30 GMT
#251
On May 29 2011 04:35 piegasm wrote:
I hate angsty screen names like xXTwiztedAngelXx...it's usually a combination of something dark/evil with something innocent.


I'm pretty sure I used some variation of "Dark Angel" as one of my first ever screen names...possibly with the xXx.

I am NOT proud of those days.

Not even a little bit.
I don't always write a quote, but when I do, it's always this one.
nceuphoria
Profile Joined April 2010
United States31 Posts
May 29 2011 03:39 GMT
#252
i ALWAYS come across the name "sickshots" spelled with varying degrees of capitals or purposeful misspelling no matter what game I play.

I play LoL, there's someone with that name playing as Ashe.
I play WoW, I see a hunter with that name.
I play SC2, and I come across a "Sickxshotz"
And none of them are ever mannered.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's the same person.
I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing. Socrates
SharkSpider
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada606 Posts
May 29 2011 04:02 GMT
#253
xX~`'-_-::5|-|/-\|2|<5P1|)3|2::-_-'`~Xx
Tatari
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1179 Posts
May 29 2011 04:44 GMT
#254
Any name with x used as a connection between two words, or used at the ends of the real name xxx___xxx

Not to bash on optikzero, but the way it's stylized with capitals almost seemed tryhard. :x

Any name that brings complete disrespect to clans (LiquidRootEg).

Any name with numbers at the end, beginning, or somewhere in there for 1337speak.

Names with Pinoy, Latino, Azn, BR, etc. crammed in the handle is an abomination.

And there is a plethora of gamer handles in each of those categories...
A fed jungler is no longer a jungler, but a terrorist.
ChaoticBlack
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia288 Posts
May 29 2011 04:53 GMT
#255
On May 29 2011 05:51 teekesselchen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2011 05:39 RoosterSamurai wrote:
xXxSnIpEr_WoLfxXx


There was a German counter-strike player named Sniperwolf. Story:
+ Show Spoiler +
Let's just say he was considered to be one of the nerdiest guy (the heavy metal, computer-gaming and rundown type of nerdy, not the math type of nerdy) living on the planet.
In CS there is the tradition of having a round played with knifes, and telling everyone to drop their weapons before that, saying "drop or son of a b*tch", "drop or gay", or something like that. German Mouz team replaced that by saying "drop or sniperwolf" (gaining a lot of laughter of german spectators, and severe confusion of international opponents :D)


Any kind of nicknames and/or clantags containing the following: Ninja, Killer, Assassin, Black, Dragon, Night, Knight, Order, Fragger, 1337/Elite, Owner, [any name of military special forces unit], X (a highlighted one or several), special forces or any kind of national tag (such as [ger]) usually are
a) young kids
b) bad players

exeptions exist, such as German XlorD who chose his name when he was young. However, once he went pro it sticked to him, so when he grew embarassed of it and tryed to change it to "Ixi" (his nickname made from his nickname, used by fans) he was unsucessful.


I have the most tryhard names
Was WeaponXAssassin on PSN then ChaoticBlack here and on SC2 and later on PSN and now am Screwby on SC2.
Senjougahara Fascination
OhYess
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada41 Posts
May 29 2011 04:57 GMT
#256
Most Tryhard name:

xXxzzY0uG0tt4Sk4t3zzXz
Lochat
Profile Joined January 2011
United States270 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-29 05:01:35
May 29 2011 05:01 GMT
#257
Pretty much anything that isn't a name. Nouns, Verbs, or anything remotely descriptive are just fairly annoying. For example, Artosis is a good tag, tasteless... not so much (though it's far, far, far, far, from the worst.)
"The trouble was that he was talking in philosophy, but they were listening in gibberish." -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
Befree
Profile Joined April 2010
695 Posts
May 29 2011 05:02 GMT
#258
xXJPm0rGaN~CHa$eXx

What's cooler than naming yourself after a badass bank?
Gingerninja
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1339 Posts
May 29 2011 05:07 GMT
#259
I knew a guy who was upset when he finally got xbox live and found out the tag "Sniper" was taken.. that's what he used on LAN's.. I facepalmed a little.
The random name generator when you create a new account on xbox live is awesome, I lapsed my actual account because I wasn't going to be in the country for a year, but activated a free trial month to play halo reach with my friends.. It gave me Furtiveleek07 which I thought was so ridiculous I kept it.
It was a lot worse during Halo 2 when Xbox live first really took off, 1337spartansniper masterchief1337 etc Not sure if it's improved recently, haven't really played xbox live much since Halo 3 turned out to be totally wank.

Haven't played against anyone on SC on ladder whose name made me laugh / facepalm yet. Still time I guess.
戦いの中に答えはある
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
May 29 2011 05:09 GMT
#260
Xx5k4t3rG0H4NxX

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=107880&currentpage=2#30
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings43
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 156
SpeCial 77
CosmosSc2 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 689
910 59
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm101
League of Legends
Doublelift2889
Other Games
summit1g8386
shahzam606
C9.Mang0305
JimRising 234
PiGStarcraft213
Maynarde117
Liquid`Ken10
Vindicta6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick649
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• musti20045 35
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP33
• davetesta13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21589
Other Games
• imaqtpie714
• Shiphtur209
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 25m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
11h 25m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.