• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:12
CEST 08:12
KST 15:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7788 users

Tryhard gamertags

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 19 20 21 Next All
Aocowns
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Norway6070 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-28 19:17:34
May 28 2011 18:37 GMT
#1
First off I want to say that this is my first thread, and that I made it mostly to experiment and stuff, so be nice and please tell me if it's shit.

I find it funny how extremely ''creative'' people are on the interwebs, and you see it all the time in gamertags and stuff like that. I always get cracked up good when I see try hard names like XxSn1p3r_Pr0d1gyxX and xXXElit3xGodxOfxCodXXx or Pr0xSn1p3rG0DxXx.

So what is the funniest/most tryhard gamertag you've seen?

And FYI, there is a history behind my name, so it doesent count :3 I was an age of conan fan, and I made it to troll WoW players
I'm a salt-lord and hater of mech and ForGG, don't take me seriously, it's just my salt-humour speaking i swear. |KadaverBB best TL gaoler| |~IdrA's #1 fan~| SetGuitarsToKill and Duckk are my martyr heroes |
Lucidx
Profile Joined December 2010
United States122 Posts
May 28 2011 18:39 GMT
#2
xXxiITaKexNoTeSIixXx
reason number one why SC2 is better than XBL
" I would rather get AIDS then get hit by a bus then have my expansion blocked by a pylon" - Day[9]
DivinO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4796 Posts
May 28 2011 18:40 GMT
#3
Oh man.

Anyone remember a while back here there was a guy called, forgive me if I'm mistaken in some capacity:

xX_sk4t3rg0h4n_Xx and he always said like, you gotta skate?

Aw man I loved that guy. He was a terrible poster.
LiquipediaBrain in my filth.
gosuRob
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States319 Posts
May 28 2011 18:41 GMT
#4
"Aocowns" - sounds pretty tryhard to me!
Rules? There aren't many rules. You fight mean, you win mean. It takes a certain someone
Macabre
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1262 Posts
May 28 2011 18:42 GMT
#5
Those tags don't scream try hard to me, they say 12 year old fucking moron.
Those who know how to think need no teachers. Tasteless - I think I'll take my shirt off and let my muscles do the casting
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
May 28 2011 18:42 GMT
#6
AlphaKennyBody
TheWarbler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1659 Posts
May 28 2011 18:42 GMT
#7
Icecream
if you can believe you can concieve
Skee
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada702 Posts
May 28 2011 18:43 GMT
#8
When people try to hard to sound smart by referencing older or classic literature that they have no interest in or haven't read.
MechKing
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3004 Posts
May 28 2011 18:44 GMT
#9
Yeah those aren't tryhard gamertags, just little kids. If you have played Gamebattles for CoD, you'll know what tryhard gtags really are. They always choose some stupid word and then mess it up with alternate caps and x's or z's. So something like x ReFleXzz or o CluTchZz o, or AniMosiTyz v2 etc.
Ichabod
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1659 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-28 18:45:19
May 28 2011 18:44 GMT
#10
QXC (joke btw :D)
Flanlord
Profile Joined August 2010
265 Posts
May 28 2011 18:45 GMT
#11
I'm surprised there was no mention of "Ninja" "Shadow" "Dragon" or "Killer" in your OP.

Although to be honest I don't have much room to mock the gamertags of others... Flanlord may be nice for originality in that it has yet to ever be taken in any game I've played, but it doesn't really get much for creativity... or making sense.

I wanted to swap to Fractalligator after a few Day[9] dailies, but there are just too many websites and games to change my tag on now. I am stuck.

I always liked the WoW names where it would be very spec/build specific, and a couple weeks after making that character they weren't playing that spec/build. (Shadow priest named Bubblznthings, the Holy paladin named Retforlife etc.)

I think xXShadowXNinjaXx was pretty up there though... I was more shocked to actually see it outside of a joke about gamers than anything... looking back I wonder if it was a joke.
Ctoan
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia75 Posts
May 28 2011 18:47 GMT
#12
Combat-EX-

How has no one said that yet.
Pads
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
England3228 Posts
May 28 2011 18:47 GMT
#13
i know console shooters are generally looked down upon on this site, but my god the people that play it are even more retarded. I was once in a lobby and I swear to god, there were three people with almost identical gamertags, it was like iiiSNiiiPeZZZ, iSniiipEZzzZ and iSnIpErZzZ or something lol. I don't get why people do it, do they think it looks cool?
#1 Kwanro[saM] fan!
Ctoan
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia75 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-28 18:50:09
May 28 2011 18:49 GMT
#14
On May 29 2011 03:45 Flanlord wrote:
I always liked the WoW names where it would be very spec/build specific, and a couple weeks after making that character they weren't playing that spec/build. (Shadow priest named Bubblznthings, the Holy paladin named Retforlife etc.)


Yeah WoW names where so bad, god i got tired of seeing shit like obamadin.
Pads
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
England3228 Posts
May 28 2011 18:49 GMT
#15
On May 29 2011 03:47 Ctoan wrote:
Combat-EX-

How has no one said that yet.


it's not really that tryhard or funny, combat was his alias and -ex- was his team.
#1 Kwanro[saM] fan!
GhostKorean
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States2330 Posts
May 28 2011 18:50 GMT
#16
I remember a couple years back everyone had the word Naruto in their name
The best name I ever saw was BobySoftLips
CrazyF1r3f0x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2120 Posts
May 28 2011 18:50 GMT
#17
On May 29 2011 03:41 RobbybabyDTF wrote:
"Aocowns" - sounds pretty tryhard to me!

I see what you did there
My friend trolled some other friends by talking in a high pitched voice over a mic and messaging my friends with the ID xxGANGSTADAWGxx
"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery."
FluXen
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada210 Posts
May 28 2011 18:51 GMT
#18
On XBL while playing halo anyone get tired of seeing the gamertags: iTz Billy or itZ Billy or I Billy I or MLGbilly
"Rise and Rise Again till Lamb become Lion"-Robin Hood
Kimaker
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2131 Posts
May 28 2011 18:51 GMT
#19
I really enjoyed "DankForLife" just for the sheer absurdity of it xD
Entusman #54 (-_-) ||"Gold is for the Mistress-Silver for the Maid-Copper for the craftsman cunning in his trade. "Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall, But Iron — Cold Iron — is master of them all|| "Optimism is Cowardice."- Oswald Spengler
Lennon
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2275 Posts
May 28 2011 18:53 GMT
#20
On May 29 2011 03:42 Macabre wrote:
Those tags don't scream try hard to me, they say 12 year old fucking moron.


The "xXx" thing looks terrible.
1 2 3 4 5 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 154
-ZergGirl 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1817
Hyuk 262
910 67
Yoon 38
Bale 34
NotJumperer 24
ZergMaN 17
yabsab 13
Icarus 8
League of Legends
JimRising 662
Reynor59
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox508
Mew2King43
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor216
Other Games
summit1g7292
WinterStarcraft405
PiGStarcraft258
C9.Mang0253
Sick191
Livibee160
ArmadaUGS35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick628
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream231
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2317
League of Legends
• Stunt525
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 48m
Stellar Fest
6h 48m
The PondCast
1d 3h
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
OSC
1d 17h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.