• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:55
CEST 03:55
KST 10:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8443 users

Tryhard gamertags - Page 15

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 21 Next All
KinosJourney2
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden1811 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-29 13:19:17
May 29 2011 13:15 GMT
#281
I remember some kid i saw back when i played Runescape that had the username "XIm MLG SonX" who kept bragging about how good he is at Halo and how he plays it professionally.
Nothing pisses me off more than prepubescent children and their stupid faggot ass tags

On May 29 2011 04:45 Laggy wrote:
In L2 people used the name llllilliliiililllilillll For it's functionality when PKing people people wouldn't be able to target you using commands. But it was also a bitch for your friends to PM you haha.


Those names were everywhere in RS, usually PKers who botted their accounts had those names cause they were harder to report.
ocho wrote: EDIT: NEVERMIND, THIS THING HAS APM TECHNOLOGY OMG
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
May 29 2011 13:18 GMT
#282
On May 29 2011 16:12 SEA_GenesiS wrote:
uhhh does it count if someone has the same name as a pro player or anyone else in that matter? Because it counts as them being tryhard to be that player?

Cus I saw a fake..., LiquidTLO


Oh god I hate those people. There are like 20 TLO's on Europe server, I have played 2v2 against probably 3 different mTwDimaga in diamond league 2v2 with no 1v1s played, and I always get just as pissed every time I see it.
My nick is totally worthy of all question as well. Picked it cause I found it somewhere in wikipedia, changed it a little bit and thought it sounded cool. I think I just clicked away and found some demon in some religion called Euronymous.
Sounds good tho imo ^^
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
Sverigevader
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden388 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-29 13:20:02
May 29 2011 13:19 GMT
#283
My Xbox Live auto assigned random gamertag was AirtightLawyer1. Thought that was pretty funny
"I can answer this, you're just a god damn sexy mofo." http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=147829&currentpage=7#139
StateSC2
Profile Joined September 2010
Korea (South)621 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-29 13:25:05
May 29 2011 13:24 GMT
#284
I love making up names like these!

Considered changing my alias to + Show Spoiler +
666xXxV1Le3L1T3B14CkD12aGoNS1aye12G8NGST3RC0MB4T3XWa12GoD420xXx999x17
a while back. Kind of happy I didn't, but also kind of sad.

On May 29 2011 14:23 MooiSh wrote:
Definitely Superiorwolf

I mean who does that kid think he is, thinking he's better than the average wolf!?


HAHAHA IT'S SO TRUE!!
Fireblast!: "This guy is pointless and wonderful"
Sweepstakes
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States92 Posts
May 29 2011 13:29 GMT
#285
Best two I saw were:

Cameltoehound
GolgiApparatus
That strategy was made of balls. - Tasteless
Wrath 2.1
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany880 Posts
May 29 2011 13:29 GMT
#286
On May 29 2011 03:49 Ctoan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2011 03:45 Flanlord wrote:
I always liked the WoW names where it would be very spec/build specific, and a couple weeks after making that character they weren't playing that spec/build. (Shadow priest named Bubblznthings, the Holy paladin named Retforlife etc.)


Yeah WoW names where so bad, god i got tired of seeing shit like obamadin.


In WoW every ran around with a name stolen from some odd fantasy Book like Aedasle Andalea, Areaya, Aereaie, etc..

found that incredibly boring.

A friend of mine when we were young had no money and the 60€ for xblox live were really much and he names his account:

MonsterHalo001

He wanted to name it "Halo" but that was already taken and then xbox Suggested Monster and 001 as addon and he took both xD


The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.
Eetu
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden10 Posts
May 29 2011 13:35 GMT
#287
When I was young I was the co-founder of a CSclan named BioHaZarD^ which I´m not so proud of today

RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-29 16:06:44
May 29 2011 13:39 GMT
#288
A nickname says a lot about a person.

I usually don't even read nicknames with xx or whatever symbols involved. I like cool names, not long though.

Btw, the funniest ones I know, I invented with my friend while we played Warhammer MMoRPG: + Show Spoiler +
Phavensussy / Pairyhussy
- two elven huntresses (troll alts), don't remember the class names properly.

On a serious note - my main was Rottenkross Blighteye (chosen) and he had, if I remember correctly, Rinai Bloodmist (disciple of khaine), besides that he had an Ork (choppa) alt + Show Spoiler +
Buttfukka
. With my alt Dissartabald Baldassard (marauder), we had a proper Kommandos team to decimate enemy ranks.

Great laughs with that game, played only month though, got bored to death

P.S. I don't consider MMoRPG nicknames as real/proper ones, since I use them individually for every character and every game. So my first statements don't really relate to that.
EternalSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden313 Posts
May 29 2011 14:02 GMT
#289
MisterFister69 is a true classic
SHIT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!
Witten
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2094 Posts
May 29 2011 14:13 GMT
#290
On my WOW free trial I was KevinGarnet. Felt like it fit in well with the archaic names of old everyone in that game used.

My PTR acct. name (and BW name) is IMBrisk, and on GOM I was GrackofGeese420. I got Artosis and John to rage a little bit in the old days when they used to read user questions.

Ahh, the memories.
Brood War Forever / NA's premiere Shadow Shaman player / Courier Collector / Bot Game Champion / Highly amateur Mystical Ninja Goemon Speedrunner
Bigpet
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany533 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-29 19:44:55
May 29 2011 19:44 GMT
#291
DarKSoLdier 934
sounds pretty tryhard
I'm NOT the caster with a similar nick
Vessel
Profile Joined June 2010
United States214 Posts
May 29 2011 22:54 GMT
#292
well, my tag is noxboxforjesus, has kinda a back story but i wont get into it here, i just think its kinda funny, but my fave name ive seen was from a buddy of mine, it was thanksFEMA shortly after katrina hit, but he has since changed it
Aberu
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States968 Posts
May 30 2011 07:42 GMT
#293
On May 29 2011 06:52 GTR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2011 06:34 Aberu wrote:
On May 29 2011 06:21 AKomrade wrote:
Having tags that refer directly to cars/guns have got to be the scrubbiest things I see, closely followed by the dipshit references to weed.

"SkylineDrifter"(cause, you know, AWD cars can drift)
"MagnumProSniperX"
"DarkAK74"
"Billy420"
"SirSmokesALot"
"TokerM420"


[image loading]

Kinda sure you are wrong. It's FWD cars that don't officially drift, because they are steering with the same wheels that give them any acceleration. Not only that but to "drift" in an FWD you have to e-brake. You can slip drift in an AWD car. Impreza's, Evo's, and Skylines are commonly used in drift competitions and have been for years.

But yes these kinds of names are stupid in my opinion. Especially the drug reference ones.


=[


I dunno GTR, your's is different. You like just have 3 letters, it's at least somewhat mysterious, or ambiguous. At least you aren't SkylineGTRDrift4201337... That's more what I'm referring to
srsly
Babaganoush
Profile Joined November 2010
United States626 Posts
May 30 2011 07:45 GMT
#294
Anything XxXx(Name)XxX420 in FPS games.

They always spam in chat, "Dude I'm so high right now" or some variant.

Annoys the hell out of me.
Stick a fork in those buns.
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
May 30 2011 07:56 GMT
#295
A friend of mine is called proxiSniper. I thought that was pretty wankerish, but it turns out proxi is the clan tag, and Sniper is his handle. They just end up douchebagish together.

SlayerS`BoneR did the job too.

XBL gamer tags prove the immaturity of the playerbase...watch your younger brother playing 360 Black Ops and just look at the games if you ever want proof. PS3 is better but not immune. F2P MMORPGs are terrible for it too.
GrimReefer
Profile Joined March 2011
United States442 Posts
May 30 2011 08:07 GMT
#296
my favorite is PoopFeast420. i love it when they take his questions on the GSL stream. artosis can never say his name without laughing, and it's just so ridiculous.

and i've stomped egIdra in teamgames soooooo many times. honestly, who is gonna think you're really Idra, with no 1v1 games played and you're like silver/gold in everything else.
You're rapping about homosexuals and Vicodin, I can't sell this sh*t.
Rorra
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1066 Posts
May 30 2011 08:11 GMT
#297
The worst imo are names copied off pros or slightly modified versions, so many BoxeR's and TLO's etc. on bnet
Otherwise some of the worst Ive seen involve xXx or xX on either side of the name, u see that and its pretty much given that the names gonna be terrible.
Also irritating are the people whose names are like DayJ or thenumberj (I have seen both of these) and anything else based on some joke day9 or some other well known member of the community made.
sheaRZerg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States613 Posts
May 30 2011 08:13 GMT
#298
I knew a guy with both "buttdefiler" and "buttreaver" on iccup -_-
"Dude, just don't listen to what I say; listen to what I mean." -Sean Plott
woob
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom1322 Posts
May 30 2011 08:19 GMT
#299
i find on xbl there is always 1 ReLoAdZZZZZ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ez
absalom86
Profile Joined April 2010
Iceland1770 Posts
May 30 2011 08:19 GMT
#300
Mageofdeath - WoW mage
Killerwarrior - WoW warrior
Deathslayer - WoW warrior
Thief @ #teamliquid @ Quakenet
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1991
GuemChi 1579
Artosis 647
910 68
Bale 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm162
Counter-Strike
taco 455
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox500
Other Games
summit1g8256
Doublelift2283
JimRising 528
Day[9].tv346
C9.Mang0343
PiGStarcraft294
Maynarde142
CosmosSc2 29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick963
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 127
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv346
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 5m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
9h 5m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
22h 5m
Patches Events
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.