• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:38
CEST 21:38
KST 04:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8508 users

[M] The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS) - Page 22

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 102 Next
Sceptor87
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada266 Posts
August 01 2011 02:51 GMT
#421
On August 01 2011 11:42 zoLo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 11:35 Sceptor87 wrote:
http://batman-news.com/2011/07/31/set-photos-show-batman-and-bane-fighting-in-the-dark-knight-rises/#!prettyPhoto[Set%20photos%20show%20Batman%20and%20Bane%20fighting%20in%20%E2%80%98The%20Dark%20Knight%20Rises%E2%80%99]/4/

And there's you're Bane.

In my personal opinion, looks like shit. I smell a Spiderman 3 type of scenario here.


I don't think so. It is best to wait for the next full length trailer and on the big screen to make a decision. Almost every movie "looks like shit" when they are filming until you edit the movie in the studio.

Well maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, I admit that. The guy hasn't made a movie I don't like yet. But I think it's just the look of Bane that bothers me to be honest. Sure it's supposed to be engrained in reality more than spectacular stupidity, but that really doesn't look right to me. Unless they do some major Hollywood trickery with camera angles, CGI, or he isn't yet hopped up on Venom. Because if that's how he looks period it looks pretty damn retarded. We're talking about someone that's supposed to resemble a small mountain and can break a back like a twig.
On August 01 2011 11:44 Vaporized wrote:
lol wow. you cant judge what the final product will look like from sneaky set photos. are you fucking kidding? nolan has never made a bad movie and i see little reason to believe DNR will be his first.

bane is a cool as shit villain and he will be a worthy adversary. i have little doubt of that.
See above. Thanks.
Standard,
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
August 01 2011 02:56 GMT
#422
If its half the movie that Dark knight was it'll be one of if not the best movie of the year.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
SxEdge
Profile Joined June 2011
United States22 Posts
August 01 2011 02:58 GMT
#423
Does anyone know if this is intended as the last movie?
げげ
NotJack
Profile Joined December 2009
United States737 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-01 02:59:17
August 01 2011 02:58 GMT
#424
On August 01 2011 11:51 Sceptor87 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 11:42 zoLo wrote:
On August 01 2011 11:35 Sceptor87 wrote:
http://batman-news.com/2011/07/31/set-photos-show-batman-and-bane-fighting-in-the-dark-knight-rises/#!prettyPhoto[Set%20photos%20show%20Batman%20and%20Bane%20fighting%20in%20%E2%80%98The%20Dark%20Knight%20Rises%E2%80%99]/4/

And there's you're Bane.

In my personal opinion, looks like shit. I smell a Spiderman 3 type of scenario here.


I don't think so. It is best to wait for the next full length trailer and on the big screen to make a decision. Almost every movie "looks like shit" when they are filming until you edit the movie in the studio.

Well maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, I admit that. The guy hasn't made a movie I don't like yet. But I think it's just the look of Bane that bothers me to be honest. Sure it's supposed to be engrained in reality more than spectacular stupidity, but that really doesn't look right to me. Unless they do some major Hollywood trickery with camera angles, CGI, or he isn't yet hopped up on Venom. Because if that's how he looks period it looks pretty damn retarded. We're talking about someone that's supposed to resemble a small mountain and can break a back like a twig.
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 11:44 Vaporized wrote:
lol wow. you cant judge what the final product will look like from sneaky set photos. are you fucking kidding? nolan has never made a bad movie and i see little reason to believe DNR will be his first.

bane is a cool as shit villain and he will be a worthy adversary. i have little doubt of that.
See above. Thanks.


What you say makes sense, but I'm sure there will be some "trickery" as you call it, because in those phots Batman looks bigger than Bane, and a hulkish supervillian that's smaller than the hero doesn't make for good tension.

On August 01 2011 11:58 SxEdge wrote:
Does anyone know if this is intended as the last movie?


Yes it is.

S.O.L.I.D.
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States792 Posts
August 01 2011 03:01 GMT
#425
On August 01 2011 11:50 0neder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2011 08:42 Talco wrote:
Just saw the trailer when I went to go watch Harry Potter. I was a little flustered when I saw the trailer titles, something like "every beginning has an ending." I did not realize the new Batman's were only going to be a trilogy >=(

Nolan's smart enough to not ruin something by continuing it too long and risking messing it up. Just like the Seinfeld people - quit while you're ahead.


Yeah, I think a trilogy is good. While Batman Begins and TDK are some of my favorite movies of all time, it kind of makes me like them more (and makes me more excited for DKR) knowing that the series is limited. And it makes me confident that DKR will retain the standard of the last two because it has to be the culmination. Honestly even though it's like a year away I'm still ridiculously excited for this. I really, really hope that they can turn Tom Hardy (who I really like) into someone more than just a villain, like they did with Heath Ledger. If they could do something like that, I will be satisfied. I really need to stop thinking about this movie though, I can't be this excited when it's so far off.

/random thoughts
NotJack
Profile Joined December 2009
United States737 Posts
August 01 2011 03:10 GMT
#426
On August 01 2011 12:01 S.O.L.I.D. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 11:50 0neder wrote:
On July 21 2011 08:42 Talco wrote:
Just saw the trailer when I went to go watch Harry Potter. I was a little flustered when I saw the trailer titles, something like "every beginning has an ending." I did not realize the new Batman's were only going to be a trilogy >=(

Nolan's smart enough to not ruin something by continuing it too long and risking messing it up. Just like the Seinfeld people - quit while you're ahead.


Yeah, I think a trilogy is good. While Batman Begins and TDK are some of my favorite movies of all time, it kind of makes me like them more (and makes me more excited for DKR) knowing that the series is limited. And it makes me confident that DKR will retain the standard of the last two because it has to be the culmination. Honestly even though it's like a year away I'm still ridiculously excited for this. I really, really hope that they can turn Tom Hardy (who I really like) into someone more than just a villain, like they did with Heath Ledger. If they could do something like that, I will be satisfied. I really need to stop thinking about this movie though, I can't be this excited when it's so far off.

/random thoughts


Trilogies are great because they can tell a powerful story while not getting the "Pirates of the Caribbean effect" if you know what I mean. Nolan's not just making three awesome Batman movies, he's summing up the character's biggest problems and solutions, in the strangely realistic way that makes them so enticing.

I'm sure if he made 100 of them they'd all be great movies, but I'm fine with three as well.
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
August 01 2011 03:18 GMT
#427
On August 01 2011 11:51 Sceptor87 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 11:42 zoLo wrote:
On August 01 2011 11:35 Sceptor87 wrote:
http://batman-news.com/2011/07/31/set-photos-show-batman-and-bane-fighting-in-the-dark-knight-rises/#!prettyPhoto[Set%20photos%20show%20Batman%20and%20Bane%20fighting%20in%20%E2%80%98The%20Dark%20Knight%20Rises%E2%80%99]/4/

And there's you're Bane.

In my personal opinion, looks like shit. I smell a Spiderman 3 type of scenario here.


I don't think so. It is best to wait for the next full length trailer and on the big screen to make a decision. Almost every movie "looks like shit" when they are filming until you edit the movie in the studio.

Well maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, I admit that. The guy hasn't made a movie I don't like yet. But I think it's just the look of Bane that bothers me to be honest. Sure it's supposed to be engrained in reality more than spectacular stupidity, but that really doesn't look right to me. Unless they do some major Hollywood trickery with camera angles, CGI, or he isn't yet hopped up on Venom. Because if that's how he looks period it looks pretty damn retarded. We're talking about someone that's supposed to resemble a small mountain and can break a back like a twig.
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 11:44 Vaporized wrote:
lol wow. you cant judge what the final product will look like from sneaky set photos. are you fucking kidding? nolan has never made a bad movie and i see little reason to believe DNR will be his first.

bane is a cool as shit villain and he will be a worthy adversary. i have little doubt of that.
See above. Thanks.


Yeah, I get what you mean and I agree. The first promotional picture of Hardy as Bane with his back turned is a nice picture because it makes Hardy look huge. Then in the teaser trailer, we see Bane walking up the steps with Batman looking exhausted. That scene made Hardy look big as well. If you look closely at the set photos of Batman fighting Bane, there is a scar running up Bane's neck, so yeah, expect some movie magic.
S.O.L.I.D.
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States792 Posts
August 01 2011 03:22 GMT
#428
On August 01 2011 12:10 NotJack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 12:01 S.O.L.I.D. wrote:
On August 01 2011 11:50 0neder wrote:
On July 21 2011 08:42 Talco wrote:
Just saw the trailer when I went to go watch Harry Potter. I was a little flustered when I saw the trailer titles, something like "every beginning has an ending." I did not realize the new Batman's were only going to be a trilogy >=(

Nolan's smart enough to not ruin something by continuing it too long and risking messing it up. Just like the Seinfeld people - quit while you're ahead.


Yeah, I think a trilogy is good. While Batman Begins and TDK are some of my favorite movies of all time, it kind of makes me like them more (and makes me more excited for DKR) knowing that the series is limited. And it makes me confident that DKR will retain the standard of the last two because it has to be the culmination. Honestly even though it's like a year away I'm still ridiculously excited for this. I really, really hope that they can turn Tom Hardy (who I really like) into someone more than just a villain, like they did with Heath Ledger. If they could do something like that, I will be satisfied. I really need to stop thinking about this movie though, I can't be this excited when it's so far off.

/random thoughts


Trilogies are great because they can tell a powerful story while not getting the "Pirates of the Caribbean effect" if you know what I mean. Nolan's not just making three awesome Batman movies, he's summing up the character's biggest problems and solutions, in the strangely realistic way that makes them so enticing.

I'm sure if he made 100 of them they'd all be great movies, but I'm fine with three as well.


Yeah, I most certainly agree. Like there are enough Batman villains to make any number of movies, but this creates a cohesive story and lets you see inside the character a lot more than a bunch of movies strung onto the end of the last one.
Vaporized
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1471 Posts
August 01 2011 08:15 GMT
#429
if anyone has even the slightest doubt of what tom hardy will bring to the role of bane then watch 'bronson'.
atmospheric
Profile Joined April 2010
Austria49 Posts
August 05 2011 12:08 GMT
#430
and here's our kitty:
http://i.imgur.com/w8toK.jpg
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
August 05 2011 12:16 GMT
#431
On August 05 2011 21:08 atmospheric wrote:
and here's our kitty:
http://i.imgur.com/w8toK.jpg

I hope that isn't actually her goggles......
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
atmospheric
Profile Joined April 2010
Austria49 Posts
August 05 2011 12:27 GMT
#432
well selina kyle is a professional thief, so in nolans universe some kind of high tech goggles does make sense in my opinion.
NeWeNiyaLord
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Norway2474 Posts
August 05 2011 12:33 GMT
#433
WOOT! awesome!
This is where we begin. Show your true self, Battosai.
Spitfire
Profile Joined September 2009
South Africa442 Posts
August 05 2011 14:46 GMT
#434
My guess is she breaks into Wayne Manor to rob Bruce Wayne, who everyone in Gotham still thinks is just some rich playboy, but she finds the bat cave, and then has to escape on the bike
ven
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany332 Posts
August 05 2011 14:51 GMT
#435
On August 05 2011 23:46 Spitfire wrote:
My guess is she breaks into Wayne Manor to rob Bruce Wayne, who everyone in Gotham still thinks is just some rich playboy, but she finds the bat cave, and then has to escape on the bike

She couldn't have just stolen it because she's a thief and stuff?
You can reach the rainbow. I'll be there to help.
Spitfire
Profile Joined September 2009
South Africa442 Posts
August 05 2011 15:00 GMT
#436
On August 05 2011 23:51 ven wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 23:46 Spitfire wrote:
My guess is she breaks into Wayne Manor to rob Bruce Wayne, who everyone in Gotham still thinks is just some rich playboy, but she finds the bat cave, and then has to escape on the bike

She couldn't have just stolen it because she's a thief and stuff?


A lot of people are complaining about the picture 'cause they think it looks like cheesy Batgirl stuff from Batman and Robin to have her riding around the city on a bike, doesnt seem to fit in with Nolans more grounded approach.

I'm just saying we dont know the context of the scene. Since it looks a bit like Batmans bike, and as you say she's a thief and a thief would likely want to rob Wayne Manor, I thought that could be whats happening. Obviously its just a guess.
Ocedic
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1808 Posts
August 05 2011 15:01 GMT
#437
On August 01 2011 11:51 Sceptor87 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 11:42 zoLo wrote:
On August 01 2011 11:35 Sceptor87 wrote:
http://batman-news.com/2011/07/31/set-photos-show-batman-and-bane-fighting-in-the-dark-knight-rises/#!prettyPhoto[Set%20photos%20show%20Batman%20and%20Bane%20fighting%20in%20%E2%80%98The%20Dark%20Knight%20Rises%E2%80%99]/4/

And there's you're Bane.

In my personal opinion, looks like shit. I smell a Spiderman 3 type of scenario here.


I don't think so. It is best to wait for the next full length trailer and on the big screen to make a decision. Almost every movie "looks like shit" when they are filming until you edit the movie in the studio.

Well maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, I admit that. The guy hasn't made a movie I don't like yet. But I think it's just the look of Bane that bothers me to be honest. Sure it's supposed to be engrained in reality more than spectacular stupidity, but that really doesn't look right to me. Unless they do some major Hollywood trickery with camera angles, CGI, or he isn't yet hopped up on Venom. Because if that's how he looks period it looks pretty damn retarded. We're talking about someone that's supposed to resemble a small mountain and can break a back like a twig.
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2011 11:44 Vaporized wrote:
lol wow. you cant judge what the final product will look like from sneaky set photos. are you fucking kidding? nolan has never made a bad movie and i see little reason to believe DNR will be his first.

bane is a cool as shit villain and he will be a worthy adversary. i have little doubt of that.
See above. Thanks.


I don't get it. First you jump to conclusions then you admit to jumping to conclusions but sticking by your opinion? Fact is, the movie is way early to tell. You've seen at most one minute of actual footage from the movie and you're judging the entire thing based on that... before it's even released?

And talking about Bane 'looking retarded?' I thought Heath Ledger's joker looked kind of dumb, and certainly most people didn't know what to expect based on the stills. Then he blows everyone away with his actual performance.

So yeah, you're right, you are jumping to conclusions. That's all there is to say. You don't even have any legitimate criticisms besides a character 'looks retarded.'
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
September 25 2011 06:58 GMT
#438
New photos of the legit Catwoman outfit.

[image loading]

Break time

[image loading]

[image loading]
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
September 25 2011 07:01 GMT
#439
Dat smirk almost rivals Val Kilmer's one in Forever. It's still weird seeing batman smile :o
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 25 2011 07:01 GMT
#440
I'm not worried about how she looks, just how she acts :x
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 102 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 535
ProTech156
UpATreeSC 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16973
Calm 3387
Mini 429
Mind 82
910 62
soO 46
Dota 2
Gorgc5545
canceldota60
Counter-Strike
fl0m2874
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3966
Other Games
FrodaN979
Beastyqt515
Liquid`Hasu313
Khaldor249
olofmeister187
Livibee184
C9.Mang0170
IndyStarCraft 123
ZombieGrub66
QueenE50
BRAT_OK 23
MindelVK6
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 24
• 80smullet 22
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2924
• WagamamaTV352
League of Legends
• Nemesis1648
Other Games
• imaqtpie892
• Shiphtur689
• Scarra413
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 23m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 23m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 23m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 23m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.