• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:45
CEST 17:45
KST 00:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10518 users

SC2 Beta Nominations

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
kOre
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada3642 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-16 22:33:49
April 16 2010 20:41 GMT
#1
I AM L
Means I'm a master detective for those clueless people out there ㅋㅋㅋ

[image loading]

Introduction

In LIGHT (get it? LOL) of all the nominations occurring over at the "Nominate Someone to Win a Beta Key" thread I've decided to create a thread and a poll about what exactly is going on over there. With all this "I NOMINATE MYSELF PLEASE GIVE ME" madness going on over there let's weed out the fun stuff shall we? Seriously ... a thing named Dawkling mistakenly puts it out there that it is a girl, then goes and says its a guy who dates other guys ... LOL check the "Is Dawkling gay?" spoiler below.

Now as far as nominations go, the ones where we actually have one person nominating ANOTHER person (not themselves), the nominator must have created the account well before the actual posting of the nominations thread. This weeds out all those 1 posters who are probably all the same person nominating him or her self over and over again (funny story below).

So lets get on to the nominations shall we? Also, I just realized there's no point in creating a poll because people will just vote from different locations on themselves.

Nominations

Okay so I tried to count the nominations but there's just WAAAAAAAAAAAY too many, but the general gist of actual nominations include:

      FuDDx
      Bill307
      Lyriene
      Mystlord
      boesthius
      konadora
      Roffles
      flamewheel91
      MrHoon
      IntoTheWow
      roMAD

Now I know this isn't 100% accurate but I just flipped through the pages to see what names I saw a lot and those were the ones that turned up. Completely agreeable in my honest opinion. Now, how many self nominations did I see? Over 300, which makes the thread that has only 400 posts have around 75% of self voters ... do these people actually think they're going to get a key? ^^

Fun Stuff

+ Show Spoiler [Is Dawkling gay? Literally] +
On April 17 2010 04:23 Dawkling wrote:
I would like to nominate myself since I've been playing starcraft for a long time and I just broke up with my boyfriend so I really need something else to focus on. And starcraft needs more girls playing

Nominee - Dawkling

On April 17 2010 04:29 Garson wrote:
I would like to Nominate my friend Dawkling since he really does't have any other hobby then PC games and really should leave wow behinde to get some RTS skills.

(and he does not have any beta key at this moment)

On April 17 2010 03:51 Soet wrote:
I would like to nominate Dawkling for a beta key since he clearly needs to play some sc2 so he will stop bad mouthing it^^

This thing also has a picture of a girl in its profile ... but minutes after Detective kOre finds out ... LOL Chill nuked it.

+ Show Spoiler [LosingID8 has his priorities straight] +
On April 17 2010 02:34 LosingID8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 02:10 Thegilaboy wrote:
I am not sure at all of the current beta status for these two individuals, but I'm nominating them anyway!

LosingID8 - a real gentleman
Pholon - helped me a lot when I made the Protoss spell pages for Liquipedia II
MrHoon - enough said

heh thanks for the nomination. it's true that i don't have a beta key but i've already been offered one by staff/friends and i've refused probably 4 or 5 times now.

i'm going to be super busy this summer with work and studying for the MCAT so i don't want to be distracted. i'd rather have a beta key go to someone who will play daily and get the most mileage out of it, rather than someone like me who would only play once or twice a week.

Choosing school + work over beta I wish I had that much control.

+ Show Spoiler [LOL COMBAT-EX?] +
On April 16 2010 23:49 PhoenixDown wrote:
I nominate combat-ex he seems to have done a lot for the starcraft community

So the question I have here is ... is this Combat-Ex posting from another account?

+ Show Spoiler [citi.zen helping me weed out the morons] +
On April 17 2010 05:28 citi.zen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 05:23 frostsphere wrote:
I Nominate ruskor

Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 05:25 ruskor wrote:
i nominate frostsphere i want to play with him so badly

Give me a break... Both accounts are on their very 1st post. How much worse can this get??

Go go go citi.zen! ^^

+ Show Spoiler [Can Frits get a key?] +
On April 17 2010 05:10 Frits wrote:
i unnominate everyone who nominated themselves

Hahaha negative nominations FTW.

+ Show Spoiler [johnlee is a genius?] +
On April 17 2010 04:51 johnlee wrote:
I'd like to nominate kOre for being a master detective and for setting up the StarcraftMecca SC merchandise shop.

With me kissing his ass, perhaps he will give me a beta key as he did for infinity21.

I played Starcraft since it FIRST came out as a little kid because my dad was a pc bang owner in Korea.

Again, I nominate kOre, whom I do not personally know, but hope to begin to know as I begin to fall in love with him the moment he gives me a beta key.

Hi, kOre LOL


Hahaha just kidding though, even if I were to get a key, I wouldn't play it much so no point in giving me one.

Conclusion

Props to TL for getting 50 keys and sharing them with the fans. A big two thumbs up for TL
http://www.starcraftmecca.net - Founder
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-16 20:43:22
April 16 2010 20:42 GMT
#2
hooo boy the death note puns

almost steered me away

great job with the compilation though, this is really cool, i think everyone agrees on the above listed.
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
kOre
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada3642 Posts
April 16 2010 20:49 GMT
#3
Yeah ... this is my break from studying, exams start on Monday
http://www.starcraftmecca.net - Founder
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
April 16 2010 20:50 GMT
#4
On April 17 2010 05:49 kOre wrote:
Yeah ... this is my break from studying, exams start on Monday


bummer T_T

gratz on the detective work thought, dawkling banned! cheers!
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
April 16 2010 20:52 GMT
#5
Combat-ex definitely nominated himself.
:)
uNiGNoRe
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Germany1115 Posts
April 16 2010 20:53 GMT
#6
On April 17 2010 05:41 kOre wrote:
Now, how many self nominations did I see? Over 300, which makes the thread that has only 400 posts have around 75% of self voters ... do these people actually think they're going to get a key? ^^

Don't tell me you didn't see that coming. I would not have allowed nominating yourself.
Spec
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Taiwan931 Posts
April 16 2010 22:00 GMT
#7
Great work you did there.
I don't blame them tho, had my ego be smaller I would've voted myself too. Beta key to the 'sequel' of the best game ever is pretty desirable stuff.
Agree with the list you came up with, hope they get picked. You should go study now.
Eye for an eye make the world go blind - Gandhi
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
April 16 2010 22:04 GMT
#8
Death Note sucks! ... at least last 13 eps do

lol @ frits :D
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
FuDDx *
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States5018 Posts
April 16 2010 22:06 GMT
#9
roMAD you forgot roMAD
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Balloon-Man-FuDD/237447769616965?ref=hl
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
April 16 2010 22:08 GMT
#10
I also nominate FuDDx. Because I've always found him to be a nice poster (to argue with even).

+1 vote for him.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Deleted User 47542
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
1484 Posts
April 16 2010 22:27 GMT
#11
This thread is win.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
April 17 2010 03:19 GMT
#12
Don't forget me, I have had several nominations!
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
BG1
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Canada1550 Posts
April 17 2010 03:35 GMT
#13
Really? How could those guys not have a key by now? At least half of the people on that list could've gotten a key no problem if they just asked...
There was once a dream that was Esports. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... Now is the time to make that dream a reality!
boesthius
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States11637 Posts
April 17 2010 03:38 GMT
#14
--- Nuked ---
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
April 17 2010 03:58 GMT
#15
On April 17 2010 12:35 BG1 wrote:
Really? How could those guys not have a key by now? At least half of the people on that list could've gotten a key no problem if they just asked...


Was thinking the exact same thing, most of these people should have tons of keys tossed at them by now >_>
^-^
d_so
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)3262 Posts
April 17 2010 04:00 GMT
#16
please get Trozz the haiku man up there
manner
exalted
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States3612 Posts
April 17 2010 04:07 GMT
#17
yeah, that nominate thread was a total mess, but so much new blood in the forums ya know?
too easy
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 04:16:52
April 17 2010 04:13 GMT
#18
Add Ver and Kau to your list. They have both gotten votes, and are insanely deserving.


I also think that people from each area of the forum who contribute alot should get keys.
Ie someone from strategy, blogs, general, etc...

Makes it easier to seperate people who contribute heavily but only seen by small groups of people.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
LuMiX
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
China5758 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 04:18:43
April 17 2010 04:16 GMT
#19
kona and boes already have keys i'm pretty sure.

fuddx should definitely get one imo.

edit- oh yea, pubbanana if he doesn't already have one!
BuGzlToOnl
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5918 Posts
April 17 2010 04:17 GMT
#20
FuDDx if I didn't know you didn't have a key I would of gave you mine for the two weeks I'm not going to be able to use it. I third giving it to FuDDx because he is pure balloon twisting awesomeness.
If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech161
Codebar 34
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1146
Mini 921
Soma 631
actioN 512
ggaemo 389
Rush 372
Light 357
Larva 287
Stork 269
Horang2 255
[ Show more ]
BeSt 243
Snow 206
hero 183
Barracks 146
Killer 115
firebathero 102
Aegong 92
Shine 92
Dewaltoss 90
Sea.KH 75
Zeus 72
Shinee 45
Sexy 43
Sharp 36
soO 36
JYJ 35
sorry 30
ToSsGirL 28
Liquid`Ret 28
Bale 22
zelot 19
Trap 17
Rock 14
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7933
qojqva1971
Dendi841
420jenkins172
Counter-Strike
x6flipin1745
fl0m1066
Fnx 754
edward61
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5291
Other Games
singsing1550
B2W.Neo879
byalli519
Khaldor492
Lowko365
Mlord293
DeMusliM208
Liquid`VortiX186
KnowMe140
ArmadaUGS122
ceh990
Trikslyr43
BRAT_OK 26
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV226
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream184
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH191
• StrangeGG 69
• mYiSmile121
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV418
League of Legends
• Nemesis2691
• Jankos1795
• TFBlade693
Other Games
• Shiphtur156
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 15m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 15m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.