• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:35
CEST 08:35
KST 15:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8434 users

College Acceptance Thread '10 - Page 21

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 28 Next All
onihunter
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States515 Posts
April 03 2010 00:29 GMT
#401
On April 02 2010 16:18 FragKrag wrote:
where is harker?


San Jose
jaedong forever~
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-09 21:00:54
April 04 2010 03:46 GMT
#402
Update it yo~

USA:

Stanford: Reeejected (No big suprise)
Cornell: Reeejected (No big suprise)
Notre Dame: Waitlisted (:O totally expected rejection)

Canada:

McGill: Acception yo~
UBC: Accepted!
Waterloo: Waiting
UofT: Waiting


I a question regarding McGill, if any current students or graduates would be so kind enough as to answer it. How much of a handy cap would it be if you only knew limited French? I know McGill is an English school, but it is in Quebec- I assuming from a school perspective it would be ok to just know English, but what about the community, partying, ect. Would that be happered by just speaking English?

Ya, I'm pretty happy about McGill, as it is my number one realistic choice. Maybe I'll see some of you there in September.
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Faronel
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States658 Posts
April 04 2010 07:47 GMT
#403
On March 30 2010 20:02 Always wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2010 05:35 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
On March 28 2010 05:29 lowbright wrote:
On March 27 2010 09:38 Faronel wrote:
Holy shit rejected from NW.

2350 SAT
3.9 GPA
Vars swim team
Eagle Scout
local math + science competitions
political debate club

bunch of volunteering


Really?
These stats impress me, I don't know why they would reject you.


i don't think you understand how much of a crapshoot college apps are these days.


jesus. I was waitlisted from NW, and my stats weren't as good as these. scary shit. sorry to hear about the rejection though. where did you get into?

Waitlisted: Duke, Rice
Rejected: Princeton, Columbia
Accepted: Dartmouth (no money )
C'est la vie...
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
April 04 2010 07:55 GMT
#404
On April 04 2010 12:46 emperorchampion wrote:
Update it yo~

USA:

Stanford: Reeejected (No big suprise)
Cornell: Reeejected (No big suprise)
Notre Dame: Waitlisted (:O totally expected rejection)

Canada:

McGill: Acception yo~
Waterloo: Waiting
UofT: Waiting

I a question regarding McGill, if any current students or graduates would be so kind enough as to answer it. How much of a handy cap would it be if you only knew limited French? I know McGill is an English school, but it is in Quebec- I assuming from a school perspective it would be ok to just know English, but what about the community, partying, ect. Would that be happered by just speaking English?

Ya, I'm pretty happy about McGill, as it is my number one realistic choice. Maybe I'll see some of you there in September.


Everyone speaks english anyways, it's pretty hard to find someone in quebec that speaks soley french as it is. So no it has no impairment on anything.

Though it's a good chance to improve on another language!
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
evilduky666
Profile Joined February 2010
United States101 Posts
April 04 2010 08:29 GMT
#405
i applied to uc berk, uc davis, cal poly slo, san jose state and sf state, but i only got into san jose state and sf state. I am interested in computer engineering so i will probably go to san jose state. I was hopping to go to one of the uc's, but too much sc kept my gpa down =P
iloveHieu
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1919 Posts
April 04 2010 08:49 GMT
#406
I just want to say consider the financial aspect while picking a college to attend. Some degrees aren't worth the money and time putting in, at least in this economy.
Xellos <3
lightrise
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1355 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 09:57:07
April 04 2010 09:55 GMT
#407
WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE lol. Jesus multiple people just sporting the array of ivey accepteds. I really wish my school had some weighted gpa or something. I wanna know what your guys' secret was. I got waitlisted at 6 schools and got into only cornell. How in gods name did you guys manage to get into multiple of the top schools. I got into cornell but waitlisted at Umich ann arbor which made no sense to me.

also waitlisted at: harvey mudd, claremont, berkley, ucla,
Awesome german interviewer: "What was your idea going into games against Idra" "I WANTED TO USE A CHEESE STRATEGY BECAUSE IDRA IS KNOWN TO TILT AFTER LOSING TO SOMETHING GAY" Demuslim
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
April 05 2010 18:47 GMT
#408
On April 04 2010 16:55 Divinek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2010 12:46 emperorchampion wrote:
Update it yo~

USA:

Stanford: Reeejected (No big suprise)
Cornell: Reeejected (No big suprise)
Notre Dame: Waitlisted (:O totally expected rejection)

Canada:

McGill: Acception yo~
Waterloo: Waiting
UofT: Waiting

I a question regarding McGill, if any current students or graduates would be so kind enough as to answer it. How much of a handy cap would it be if you only knew limited French? I know McGill is an English school, but it is in Quebec- I assuming from a school perspective it would be ok to just know English, but what about the community, partying, ect. Would that be happered by just speaking English?

Ya, I'm pretty happy about McGill, as it is my number one realistic choice. Maybe I'll see some of you there in September.


Sweet, thanks.

Everyone speaks english anyways, it's pretty hard to find someone in quebec that speaks soley french as it is. So no it has no impairment on anything.

Though it's a good chance to improve on another language!

TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Babel
Profile Joined April 2010
30 Posts
April 06 2010 04:03 GMT
#409
On April 04 2010 18:55 lightrise wrote:
WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE lol. Jesus multiple people just sporting the array of ivey accepteds. I really wish my school had some weighted gpa or something. I wanna know what your guys' secret was. I got waitlisted at 6 schools and got into only cornell. How in gods name did you guys manage to get into multiple of the top schools. I got into cornell but waitlisted at Umich ann arbor which made no sense to me.

also waitlisted at: harvey mudd, claremont, berkley, ucla,


There're probably a lot of Asian-Americans, since this is a website about video games.

Nice job with Cornell. I got into Umich and HMC. I take it you're in California?
Roggles
Profile Joined December 2009
United States38 Posts
April 06 2010 04:50 GMT
#410
- 2210 SAT
- 800 Math II, 800 Bio-E, 790 Chem
- 3.941 GPA
- USAMO qualifier freshman year (not close since; I was lucky the first time)
- National Merit Finalist
- assorted competition placings, national included
- assorted club involvement, but unfortunately not outstanding
- not great volunteering (the kind that you look to see that they did it, but it doesn't help)
- decent essays (you never really know how good they are, but they were neither exceptional nor bland, so meh)

- Asian male from Texas applying for chemical engineering everywhere, I applied to Princeton/Rice for ChemE just because I had essays laid out for the other schools, and I didn't want to change much due to laziness -_-

Rejected: Stanford, MIT, Princeton
Waitlisted: Carnegie Mellon
Accepted: Rice, UT Austin

T____T didn't get into any reaches, but then again I wasn't particularly hard-working during the admissions process, so I probably deserved it. Rice CSL here I come hahaha ^_^v

Congrats to everyone who got in where they wanted!
goswser
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3548 Posts
April 06 2010 05:22 GMT
#411
I'm only a junior in high school, so I haven't applied yet, but every senior at my high school who applied to MIT and Stanford got denied except one, who scored perfect on sat, act, and psat lol. So many other people with like 2200 - 2300 sat got denied, dunno why its so hard to get in this year.
say you were born into a jungle indian tribe where food was scarce...would you run around from teepee to teepee stealing meat scraps after a day lazying around doing nothing except warming urself by a fire that you didn't even make yourself? -rekrul
thunk
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States6233 Posts
April 06 2010 05:27 GMT
#412
On April 06 2010 13:03 Babel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2010 18:55 lightrise wrote:
WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE lol. Jesus multiple people just sporting the array of ivey accepteds. I really wish my school had some weighted gpa or something. I wanna know what your guys' secret was. I got waitlisted at 6 schools and got into only cornell. How in gods name did you guys manage to get into multiple of the top schools. I got into cornell but waitlisted at Umich ann arbor which made no sense to me.

also waitlisted at: harvey mudd, claremont, berkley, ucla,


There're probably a lot of Asian-Americans, since this is a website about video games.

Nice job with Cornell. I got into Umich and HMC. I take it you're in California?



It might be where you're from. If you're from California like Babel guessed you're going to have an easier time getting into UCs than out of states (like Michigan). Supposedly Berkley's a bitch to get into if you're out of state, harder than Stanford.
Every time Jung Myung Hoon builds a vulture, two probes die. || My post count was a palindrome and I was never posting again.
thunk
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States6233 Posts
April 06 2010 05:28 GMT
#413
Congrats to everyone who got in!
Every time Jung Myung Hoon builds a vulture, two probes die. || My post count was a palindrome and I was never posting again.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
April 06 2010 17:14 GMT
#414
On April 06 2010 14:22 Newguy wrote:
I'm only a junior in high school, so I haven't applied yet, but every senior at my high school who applied to MIT and Stanford got denied except one, who scored perfect on sat, act, and psat lol. So many other people with like 2200 - 2300 sat got denied, dunno why its so hard to get in this year.


Because you are competing against a horde of Asians with perfect SAT and all the other standardized tests you can name. I feel, more and more, SAT is becoming an idiot bar. It's really your ECs and SOPs that pull you through.

And of course, the fact that more and more people apply to UG and graduate schools don't work in your favour either.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Solidus_315
Profile Joined January 2009
213 Posts
April 07 2010 12:22 GMT
#415
accepted: uc berkeley, san diego, georgia tech, urbana champaign
denied: USC, Northwestern

who's going to or is in berkeley? probably going there next year
어헣↗ 어헣↗ 어헣↗ 어헣↗ 어헣↗ 어헣↗
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
April 15 2010 18:25 GMT
#416
got my first acceptance, new york law, plus $10k in merit scholarship ballinnnnnn
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
April 15 2010 18:33 GMT
#417
SATs aren't everything. I guy in my school with a 2400 SAT is going to his safety school (U Michigan I think) because he didn't get into any of the ivies. He does have a completely full scholarship at U Mich though...
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
April 15 2010 18:33 GMT
#418
NYU Law? If so grats that's definitely an achievement ^_^
TranslatorBaa!
LosingID8
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
CA10835 Posts
April 15 2010 18:35 GMT
#419
On April 06 2010 14:27 thunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2010 13:03 Babel wrote:
On April 04 2010 18:55 lightrise wrote:
WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE lol. Jesus multiple people just sporting the array of ivey accepteds. I really wish my school had some weighted gpa or something. I wanna know what your guys' secret was. I got waitlisted at 6 schools and got into only cornell. How in gods name did you guys manage to get into multiple of the top schools. I got into cornell but waitlisted at Umich ann arbor which made no sense to me.

also waitlisted at: harvey mudd, claremont, berkley, ucla,


There're probably a lot of Asian-Americans, since this is a website about video games.

Nice job with Cornell. I got into Umich and HMC. I take it you're in California?



It might be where you're from. If you're from California like Babel guessed you're going to have an easier time getting into UCs than out of states (like Michigan). Supposedly Berkley's a bitch to get into if you're out of state, harder than Stanford.

probably in the past but not anymore. the UCs are broke so they're accepting more OOS applicants than before (since they pay in full w/o finaid)
ModeratorResident K-POP Elitist
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
April 15 2010 18:47 GMT
#420
On April 16 2010 03:33 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
NYU Law? If so grats that's definitely an achievement ^_^


nah, just new york law :[

not a chump school, but definitely not up there with nyul
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 192
ProTech127
Nina 113
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 185
Dewaltoss 132
Bale 35
sSak 32
ZergMaN 21
Noble 11
NotJumperer 7
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 660
Other Games
summit1g10965
Sick200
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick852
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1355
• Rush1221
• Stunt622
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 26m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 26m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 26m
Replay Cast
16h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.