• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:21
CEST 16:21
KST 23:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8825 users

College Acceptance Thread '10 - Page 15

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 28 Next All
Sonikhawk121
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States21 Posts
March 26 2010 04:34 GMT
#281
Looking at everyone else's, I feel like crap going into Senior year next year.

GPA: 4.2 (somewhere around there) Weighted, 3.85 Unweighted
AFJROTC 3 Years going for a 4th
SAT I: 1930 (First Try)
Haven't taken AP tests yet.
Taking: APUSH
Calc AB
English 3AP

Vice President of high school Starcraft Club!
Commander of Unarmed Drill Team
On School Paper
Applying to UCLA, Berkeley, UCSD, Davis, Santa Clara, and some other schools.
Hopefully majoring to go to law school. Tell me if it sounds like I won't be getting in, because from what I've seen of my friends, I'm not going to college. Lol.
StiCkyRiCe30 7:56 pm (7:56:40 PM): your status is all wrong (7:56:44 PM): its SC, then HW (7:56:44 PM): lol
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
March 26 2010 04:35 GMT
#282
Get a 2100+ SAT score and I don't see why you wouldn't be in Davis or UCSD. Don't you have like a mock trial type of activity at your school? That would look good imo.

Santa Clara is like instant in.
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
Sonikhawk121
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States21 Posts
March 26 2010 04:39 GMT
#283
Uhh, I wanted to break 2000 on my first try, but I fell short. We have a mock trial, but it's kind of a joke. I'm also on the school "Debate team." I really think of SD and Davis as back up schools. I'm really pressured to get into LA and Cal. Although, LA is tougher to get into, I'd rather go to Cal. Things don't look good for me right now. Lol. Damnnnn it.
StiCkyRiCe30 7:56 pm (7:56:40 PM): your status is all wrong (7:56:44 PM): its SC, then HW (7:56:44 PM): lol
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
March 26 2010 04:40 GMT
#284
I'm not sure if LA is harder than Cal because it seems like they are fairly evenly matched most of the time :o
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
xmShake
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1100 Posts
March 26 2010 04:41 GMT
#285
GPA: Weighted 4.2 Unweighted 3.9
SAT: 1970
Various AP tests (like 7)
Played football

UC Davis: Accepted
UC San Diego: Accepted
UCLA: Denied
UC Berkeley: Denied

Going to UCSD and majoring in computer engineering!
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-26 04:44:04
March 26 2010 04:43 GMT
#286
On March 26 2010 13:40 FragKrag wrote:
I'm not sure if LA is harder than Cal because it seems like they are fairly evenly matched most of the time :o

Cal is definitely harder to get into than UCLA...I have no idea since when UCLA was considered better/harder than Cal
Sonikhawk121
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States21 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-26 04:45:01
March 26 2010 04:43 GMT
#287
LA has more applicants usually, which is why it's tougher. It isn't necessarily better.
@ xmShake
See what I mean? It looks like I'm not going to Cal or LA. LOL. T-T
@ OneOther
I saw the stats for last year; LA has a lower percentage of admission than Cal. (At least, that's what that pamphlet said.)
StiCkyRiCe30 7:56 pm (7:56:40 PM): your status is all wrong (7:56:44 PM): its SC, then HW (7:56:44 PM): lol
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
March 26 2010 04:44 GMT
#288
On March 26 2010 13:43 Sonikhawk121 wrote:
LA has more applicants usually, which is why it's tougher. It isn't necessarily better.
@ xmShake
See what I mean? It looks like I'm not going to Cal or LA. LOL. T-T

Has more applicants that are not as qualified as those at Cal
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
March 26 2010 04:50 GMT
#289
Lower % of admission does not necessarily mean better :p
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
genericname92
Profile Joined October 2009
United States148 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-26 04:54:52
March 26 2010 04:52 GMT
#290
On March 26 2010 13:43 OneOther wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2010 13:40 FragKrag wrote:
I'm not sure if LA is harder than Cal because it seems like they are fairly evenly matched most of the time :o

Cal is definitely harder to get into than UCLA...I have no idea since when UCLA was considered better/harder than Cal


Last year the senior class at my school had a lot more accepted into berk than la, and most applied for both, this year's the opposite sooo take what you will out of that

berk 80/180 and la had 57/222 for admit/applied
Sonikhawk121
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States21 Posts
March 26 2010 05:00 GMT
#291
I never said it was better... If you look back at my post, I thought I made that clear. I just know that more people apply to UCLA, so the odds get slimmer. I know more people that got into Cal than LA too. I'm still a junior, so I'm hoping to use my extracurriculars to make myself look good, but from what I see, I don't think I'm getting into Cal or LA.
StiCkyRiCe30 7:56 pm (7:56:40 PM): your status is all wrong (7:56:44 PM): its SC, then HW (7:56:44 PM): lol
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
March 26 2010 05:12 GMT
#292
3.2-3.3 GPA (lol mb)
2190 SAT (2nd try... I could probably get 2300+ if I studied for it)
international schooling
1-2 clubs with leadership
some volunteering
Physics 5
Stats 5
Taking AP Calc, AP Chem, AP Euro, APES, AP Lit this year (wtf was I thinking?)
4 year Varsity Swimmer+MVP senior year
JV Track 9, 10
JV X-Country 12

Carnegie-waiting
Middlebury-waiting
U of Washington in St. Louis-I forgot to pay or something so my app was discarded
U of Chicago-DENIED
Northwestern-DENIED

I only bothered applied to reach schools because I have two more years to reapply (so I don't expect any acceptances). I have to go to the army for two years after I graduate from HS. I'll probably be back next year applying to UCs, SCU, USC, USF, UBC, McGill, and Queens (basically Cali and Canada).
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-26 05:14:00
March 26 2010 05:12 GMT
#293
On March 26 2010 14:00 Sonikhawk121 wrote:
I never said it was better... If you look back at my post, I thought I made that clear. I just know that more people apply to UCLA, so the odds get slimmer. I know more people that got into Cal than LA too. I'm still a junior, so I'm hoping to use my extracurriculars to make myself look good, but from what I see, I don't think I'm getting into Cal or LA.

That depends on what you mean by "harder to get into." Yes the admittance percentage is lower for UCLA than CAL because more people apply to UCLA, but the difficulty of getting in depends on other applicants' qualifications. My point is that Cal applicants are often times more qualified than UCLA ones. You knowing more people who got into Cal than UCLA doesn't mean anything. I am just saying that you can't say one schools is harder to get into than another purely based on admission percentages. Best of luck though, it's too early to give up
R04R
Profile Joined March 2009
United States1631 Posts
March 26 2010 23:27 GMT
#294
Stanford acceptance emails came out today. A couple of people I know got rejected, one was waitlisted. Anyone else have results?
ô¿ô
DarkOptik
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
452 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-27 00:30:00
March 27 2010 00:24 GMT
#295
Really? I just asked one of my '10 friends and apparently he didn't get a notice yet.

EDIT: Uh. Apparently he had a full inbox...You're completely right. They have been released.
Rainmaker5
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1027 Posts
March 27 2010 00:32 GMT
#296
On March 18 2010 07:35 lagmaster wrote:
UCSC - accepted
UCI - waiting
UCD - waiting

I don't know what's the better news. That i got accepted to santa cruz... or that a friend gave me their unused sc2 beta key earlier today.

Today truly is a day to be merry. Bring on the guinness.

Come to Santa Cruz. Let me play on your Beta. . But seriously, community-wise UCSC beats every other UC hands down.
(-_(-_(-_(^_(-_(-_(-_-)_-)_-)_-)_-)_-)_-) CJ Fighting! "Beer -> soju -> whisky is a terrible build"~~ Scrarecrow.
Faronel
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States658 Posts
March 27 2010 00:38 GMT
#297
Holy shit rejected from NW.

2350 SAT
3.9 GPA
Vars swim team
Eagle Scout
local math + science competitions
political debate club

bunch of volunteering
C'est la vie...
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
March 27 2010 00:46 GMT
#298
On March 27 2010 09:38 Faronel wrote:
Holy shit rejected from NW.

2350 SAT
3.9 GPA
Vars swim team
Eagle Scout
local math + science competitions
political debate club

bunch of volunteering


I'm sorry
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-27 02:35:11
March 27 2010 02:34 GMT
#299
Yeah, a bit tentative going into Senior year too.....

GPA: 4.2-3 weighted....3.80 unweighted me thinks.
SAT: LOL, haven't taken SAT yet
AP Bio, AP Computer Sci, AP Calculus, APUSH

5 on AP Bio, the other three APs I haven't taken the test yet. SAT Bio I got a 680 though....grrr.

-Advanced level piano player (don't know how to phrase it correctly)
-former drum major of band (not high school unfortunately, but I was better than the rest)
-Captain of the Tennis Team (was)
-Volunteer at a Senior Residence Home
-Participant on the school "Speech and Debate" team. I was ranked 16th at last year's national tournament in Extemporaneous Speaking (meaning I know my politics )
-Won an Optimist Competition for $1500 in Scholarship funds...? (I know, not a lot)
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
March 27 2010 17:30 GMT
#300
Waitlisted on UVA: LOL

2007/2008
4,130 offered Waitlist; 2,426 placed on Waitlist; 159 Admitted from Waitlist.

2006/2007
3,231 offered Waitlist; 1,915 placed on Waitlist; 145 Admitted from Waitlist.

2005/2006
3,247 offered Waitlist; 1,848 placed on Waitlist; 83 Admitted from Waitlist.

2004/2005
3,017 offered Waitlist; 1,809 placed on Waitlist; 37 Admitted from Waitlist.

2003/2004
2,560 offered Waitlist; 1,535 placed on Waitlist; 63 Admitted from Waitlist.

2002/2003
2,029 offered Waitlist; 1,157 placed on Waitlist; 150 Admitted from Waitlist.

2001/2002
2,215 offered Waitlist; 1,301 placed on Waitlist; 82 Admitted from Waitlist.

2000/2001
2,082 offered Waitlist; 1,201 placed on Waitlist; 108 Admitted from Waitlist.
Stuck.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1466
WardiTV937
OGKoka 239
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 239
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8077
Bisu 1951
Shuttle 1078
Horang2 703
Larva 498
Stork 421
EffOrt 412
BeSt 400
actioN 271
Mini 244
[ Show more ]
Mind 137
910 96
Zeus 92
Snow 74
Barracks 64
Mong 62
Sea.KH 54
Shinee 51
hero 49
JYJ 41
ToSsGirL 36
Bale 31
sorry 31
Killer 26
Shine 25
Sexy 25
Yoon 20
HiyA 20
Aegong 19
soO 18
zelot 17
scan(afreeca) 14
Free 10
Sacsri 9
Terrorterran 9
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5636
qojqva2260
Dendi1113
febbydoto25
Counter-Strike
fl0m2592
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko476
Other Games
singsing2905
olofmeister1186
hiko956
B2W.Neo834
Livibee452
TKL 385
XBOCT291
Hui .215
Liquid`VortiX204
XaKoH 191
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 23
• mYiSmile16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 35
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3240
• Jankos2160
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 40m
Replay Cast
8h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 40m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
20h 40m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.