• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:31
CEST 20:31
KST 03:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13613 users

E-Cigarettes - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
caution.slip
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States775 Posts
January 04 2010 00:06 GMT
#21
On January 04 2010 08:51 LordWeird wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2010 08:11 prOxi.swAMi wrote:
What I'm curious about is why nobody seems to have created a cigarette which has nicotine but none of the other harsh chemicals that cause death... Surely there's good money to be made around that idea... Yet we see nothing. Does anybody know much about this?


Natural American Spirit. They taste awful but are additive-free (or so they claim). They are also ridiculously expensive.


I'm not sure what you mean about harsh chemicals that cause death though. The smoke in and of itself is pretty bad.



i think american spirits taste great. They're the only cigs that hit the spot for me since they dont sell Mild Sevens (japanese brand) in my area
Live, laugh, love
Robinsa
Profile Joined May 2009
Japan1333 Posts
January 04 2010 00:55 GMT
#22
Great way to introduce tobacco to a younger generation. It clearly states: "Not as dangerous, but well sill get you addicted and steal your money". I think they should be banned. As a smoker myself I know how hard it is to quit. No need to introduce new people to tobacco!
4649!!
spoolinoveryou
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States503 Posts
January 04 2010 00:57 GMT
#23


this made me loooool when i first saw it like last month.
whats good?
Robinsa
Profile Joined May 2009
Japan1333 Posts
January 04 2010 00:59 GMT
#24
On January 04 2010 09:06 caution.slip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2010 08:51 LordWeird wrote:
On January 04 2010 08:11 prOxi.swAMi wrote:
What I'm curious about is why nobody seems to have created a cigarette which has nicotine but none of the other harsh chemicals that cause death... Surely there's good money to be made around that idea... Yet we see nothing. Does anybody know much about this?


Natural American Spirit. They taste awful but are additive-free (or so they claim). They are also ridiculously expensive.


I'm not sure what you mean about harsh chemicals that cause death though. The smoke in and of itself is pretty bad.



i think american spirits taste great. They're the only cigs that hit the spot for me since they dont sell Mild Sevens (japanese brand) in my area

I always smoke mild seven aswell. I think theyre owned by Marlbro, atleast theyre refering to the malbro health page on their packs. I heard a russian friend could buy them in Moscow, strange that they dont sell them in the states. :/
4649!!
KaRnaGe[cF]
Profile Joined September 2007
United States355 Posts
January 04 2010 01:00 GMT
#25
thats like having a blowup doll as a gf
"We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school." - Athenian General Thucydides Quantum Gaming
Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-04 01:06:31
January 04 2010 01:05 GMT
#26
The E-cigarrete byproducts are nicotine and Propylene glycol.

Propylene glycol is considered a safe ingredient and is widely used in cosmetic products and ingested products like food and pharmaceuticals. It is on the US Food and Drug Administration's list of ingredients which are Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) and is recognized by the World Health Organization as safe for use.

The only bad thing about this is that you get addicted to nicotine.
"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
T.Sqd)LillTT
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Lithuania149 Posts
January 04 2010 01:18 GMT
#27
When this fails... E-Mail cigs!!!
There are two ways of stoping a 4pool. 1. With a 4 pool. 2. With a drophack...
HeaDStrong
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Scotland785 Posts
January 04 2010 01:22 GMT
#28
i had some... whats the point though...
they cant replace real cigs- it's not the same.
there are better ways of quitting- stop buying cigs and you're done. as easy as that.
HowitZer
Profile Joined February 2003
United States1610 Posts
January 04 2010 01:25 GMT
#29
I think it's good if people have more options to experiment with.

Being a never-smoker, I didn't consider starting smoking becuase there are e-cigarettes.
Human teleportation, molecular decimation, breakdown and reformation is inherently purging. It makes a man acute.
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-04 03:17:44
January 04 2010 03:14 GMT
#30
Nah, As a heavy smoker I'll stick with my cigarettes.
Good try for teenagers though, the new way to introduce them to the world of nicotine
Terran
AtlaS
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1001 Posts
January 04 2010 03:14 GMT
#31
Tried it, pretty fucking disappointing. I thought it was a great idea to help me quit or at least change my smoking habits (i was tired of always smelling like smoke and feeling lazy and winded after a cigarette) since the gum/patch didn't quite fulfill the oral fixation of a real cigarette but it just wasn't the same. It left a little bit of a weird taste in your mouth after you inhale and it just wouldn't quench the craving. It felt like a novelty item because I didn't have to go outside to smoke but that only lasted a few days.

Random note, I quit one week ago and for some reason it just worked this time. I had the gum for the first 4 days but then was fine after that. I'm happy that I don't have to pay $20+ a week for cigarettes anymore.
I don't have mono anymore. Woooo!
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
January 04 2010 03:17 GMT
#32
On January 04 2010 12:14 AtlaS wrote:
Tried it, pretty fucking disappointing. I thought it was a great idea to help me quit or at least change my smoking habits (i was tired of always smelling like smoke and feeling lazy and winded after a cigarette) since the gum/patch didn't quite fulfill the oral fixation of a real cigarette but it just wasn't the same. It left a little bit of a weird taste in your mouth after you inhale and it just wouldn't quench the craving. It felt like a novelty item because I didn't have to go outside to smoke but that only lasted a few days.

Random note, I quit one week ago and for some reason it just worked this time. I had the gum for the first 4 days but then was fine after that. I'm happy that I don't have to pay $20+ a week for cigarettes anymore.

Thats good for you. I'm trying to quit as well. Can u share some useful tips that help quit smoking?
Terran
piratebay
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States399 Posts
January 04 2010 03:58 GMT
#33
my friend has a nice one.
it works really well.
it basically vaporizes nicotine. its kind of weird at the beginning
but you get the nicotine fix without the combustion of tobacco (no tar)
its great in weaning yoruself off real cigarettes, but do your research.
dont buy a piece of shit one.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
January 04 2010 04:30 GMT
#34
My friend's father sells them here in Hawaii, they're pretty cool. It's no substitute for a real cigarette, but if you just want a puff or two every now and then they're really convenient. You don't have to carry a lighter, you don't smell like smoke, it's less harmful on your lungs and other people can't bum from you. He smokes them while we play poker once in a while, when we're not smoking real ones.

Fun item, but they definitely don't replace real cigs.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
January 04 2010 04:35 GMT
#35
Also, I just quit smoking, and basically it comes down to convincing yourself that you don't smoke anymore. If you can do that, you can look at a half-pack of cigarettes and say "I don't smoke, why do I need these?" and just throw them out. If you can throw out a half-pack, all you have to do is not buy another. It's really simple to quit, but it's really simple to slip up, too.

Don't be a pussy. Smoke or don't smoke, don't delude yourself into thinking you "want to quit" or that you're "thinking about it."
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Equaoh
Profile Joined October 2008
Canada427 Posts
January 04 2010 04:38 GMT
#36
Nicotine isn't the only active ingredient in cigarettes, and I don't think it's solely responsible for addiction.
Might help some people start quitting though.
AtlaS
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1001 Posts
January 04 2010 04:53 GMT
#37
On January 04 2010 12:17 Caphe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2010 12:14 AtlaS wrote:
Tried it, pretty fucking disappointing. I thought it was a great idea to help me quit or at least change my smoking habits (i was tired of always smelling like smoke and feeling lazy and winded after a cigarette) since the gum/patch didn't quite fulfill the oral fixation of a real cigarette but it just wasn't the same. It left a little bit of a weird taste in your mouth after you inhale and it just wouldn't quench the craving. It felt like a novelty item because I didn't have to go outside to smoke but that only lasted a few days.

Random note, I quit one week ago and for some reason it just worked this time. I had the gum for the first 4 days but then was fine after that. I'm happy that I don't have to pay $20+ a week for cigarettes anymore.

Thats good for you. I'm trying to quit as well. Can u share some useful tips that help quit smoking?

The gum helps a lot but it also has failed me many times in the past. I also primarily only smoked in my car so I made sure that I cleared out all the lighters and did everything in my willpower to not buy a pack when passing a gas station. It's all about rearranging and relearning all of the activities that you associate smoking with. That and the motivation to actually quit. Something just finally hit me this time.
I don't have mono anymore. Woooo!
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
January 04 2010 04:54 GMT
#38
Ive been inhaling 2nd hand-smoke since forever. this does not satisfy me.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
January 05 2010 18:17 GMT
#39
On January 04 2010 08:11 prOxi.swAMi wrote:
What I'm curious about is why nobody seems to have created a cigarette which has nicotine but none of the other harsh chemicals that cause death... Surely there's good money to be made around that idea... Yet we see nothing. Does anybody know much about this?

Cigarettes without the tobacco is like watching porn instead of having sex.
Hello
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
January 05 2010 18:47 GMT
#40
When I quit smoking I had just bought a new lighter and two packs of cigarettes. Then I thought, to hell with it and threw them in the trashcan outside the store.

That was more then two years ago. I wanted to start again badly a few times but since I since I had thrown away perfectly fine cigarettes It would be a total failure.

Oh and my granmother died from sickness related to smoking a year ago, I made the right choice, yay!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1266
TKL 415
IndyStarCraft 312
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1266
ByuN 512
TKL 415
IndyStarCraft 312
Reynor 175
BRAT_OK 55
EmSc Tv 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34100
Calm 2624
Shuttle 388
Mini 161
White-Ra 114
firebathero 102
Mong 59
soO 19
scan(afreeca) 17
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc9127
Counter-Strike
fl0m3566
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3545
Liquid`Hasu481
MindelVK3
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2279
FrodaN1434
B2W.Neo760
olofmeister624
Khaldor471
KnowMe279
Beastyqt204
crisheroes174
Livibee173
Mew2King74
ToD56
kaitlyn16
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick434
BasetradeTV217
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 4
EmSc2Tv 4
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 30
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 7
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach68
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• blackmanpl 18
• 80smullet 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV589
Other Games
• imaqtpie976
• Shiphtur726
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
29m
BSL Open Qualifier
29m
OSC
4h 29m
Replay Cast
4h 29m
OSC
17h 29m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.