• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:56
CEST 22:56
KST 05:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7192 users

Quake Live Beta - Page 15

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 Next All
Roxen000
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
1226 Posts
February 25 2009 21:05 GMT
#281
I go to the website and straight away get put in a queue. Once I'm through that queue I'm taken to a page where I can login. I put in my details and click login, it loads and takes me back to the original queue. Once through that I'm back on the login page D;

Does this happen to anyone else? I'm using firefox.
._.
Retsukage
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States1002 Posts
February 25 2009 23:30 GMT
#282
Guys, Quake live is awesome! but its down now T_T hopefully it will be back soon!
To change is to improve, to change often is to be perfect - Winston Chruchill
Cpt.beefy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Ireland799 Posts
February 26 2009 15:10 GMT
#283
Im on and its MAGICAL!
Our Beloved Geoff "inControl" Robinson.
Phrogs!
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Japan521 Posts
February 26 2009 16:23 GMT
#284
Lol they made a huge queue, fuck it..
The closed beta was great though, reminded me of when I first got into Q3..
Hopefully this thread will be up to date if there's any major gameplay changes that'll just have to get on and play with for the love of quake
Mandalor
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Germany2362 Posts
February 26 2009 17:36 GMT
#285
quakelive lags horribly on my computer noooo
yoshtodd
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States418 Posts
February 26 2009 21:52 GMT
#286
Works pretty good once you finally get on. Spent a few hours yesterday fragging some noobs. Actually I spent more time getting blown up, but was still fun.
moo
indecision
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Germany818 Posts
February 26 2009 22:43 GMT
#287
so, how do I transfer my old account from closed beta over?
Do I need to create a new account or what?
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
February 26 2009 22:56 GMT
#288
Damn no Mac support yet...
Twitter: @KingKosi
Realpenguin
Profile Joined December 2006
8253 Posts
February 26 2009 23:21 GMT
#289
On February 27 2009 07:43 indecision wrote:
so, how do I transfer my old account from closed beta over?
Do I need to create a new account or what?

I just logged in to my old email on the main page.

But you still have to go in the queue
<Wolfpox> i remember when MVP beat that one guy, and everyone was like 'whoa' except that penguin dude.
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
February 26 2009 23:22 GMT
#290
On February 27 2009 08:21 Realpenguin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2009 07:43 indecision wrote:
so, how do I transfer my old account from closed beta over?
Do I need to create a new account or what?

I just logged in to my old email on the main page.

But you still have to go in the queue

yeah same thing bit im piss now.. i raped crush 2 time but BOTH time under 15min. so I got to REDO this stupid trial.. WTF.. next time I will just camp .. O_o
n_n
meathook
Profile Joined December 2007
1289 Posts
February 27 2009 00:15 GMT
#291
I'm sorry.. I don't understand, what's the difference between this Quake Live and Quake III (Arena)? They look the same to me...
An ugly planet. A bug planet.
Vedic
Profile Joined March 2008
United States582 Posts
February 27 2009 00:18 GMT
#292
On February 27 2009 09:15 meathook wrote:
I'm sorry.. I don't understand, what's the difference between this Quake Live and Quake III (Arena)? They look the same to me...


Quake Live is basically Diet Quake 3. Less features, less maps, no mods, but web interface.
I tried to commit seppuku, but I accidentally committed bukkake.
b3h47pte
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States1317 Posts
February 27 2009 00:21 GMT
#293
the giant queue is not fun
meathook
Profile Joined December 2007
1289 Posts
February 27 2009 00:34 GMT
#294
On February 27 2009 09:18 Vedic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2009 09:15 meathook wrote:
I'm sorry.. I don't understand, what's the difference between this Quake Live and Quake III (Arena)? They look the same to me...


Quake Live is basically Diet Quake 3. Less features, less maps, no mods, but web interface.

Web interface? What? ... You play it through the browser??

So.. how is this better than Q3A??
An ugly planet. A bug planet.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-27 01:31:00
February 27 2009 01:30 GMT
#295
On February 27 2009 09:34 meathook wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2009 09:18 Vedic wrote:
On February 27 2009 09:15 meathook wrote:
I'm sorry.. I don't understand, what's the difference between this Quake Live and Quake III (Arena)? They look the same to me...


Quake Live is basically Diet Quake 3. Less features, less maps, no mods, but web interface.

Web interface? What? ... You play it through the browser??

So.. how is this better than Q3A??

Yea, i've yet to play quake live for this reason lol. I guess the benefit is that you can alt tab/multitask in live because it doesnt work for q3a
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-27 02:10:46
February 27 2009 02:10 GMT
#296
Why don't you just try it once lol. You can also play it anywhere as long as the connection there lets you don't need to install too much. or rather it just downloads some really small files and ur done
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
MannerKiss
Profile Joined June 2003
United States2398 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-27 02:32:41
February 27 2009 02:31 GMT
#297
They tweaked alot of map balance issues and weapon balance issues making it drastically diffrent than Q3A. Give it a try, its free and tiny.
I want an igloo.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
February 27 2009 03:03 GMT
#298
I haven't actually played yet (some stuff came up so I didn't get to use the beta invite ) but isn't this the game that was used @ Quakecon last year? Cypher vs Zero4? Because that looked significantly better than regular Quake 3 to me, or am I an idiot >_
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
2goons1probe
Profile Joined February 2009
United States26 Posts
February 27 2009 03:09 GMT
#299
On February 27 2009 12:03 FrozenArbiter wrote:
I haven't actually played yet (some stuff came up so I didn't get to use the beta invite ) but isn't this the game that was used @ Quakecon last year? Cypher vs Zero4? Because that looked significantly better than regular Quake 3 to me, or am I an idiot >_<?


yeah it was at quakecon last year. it has some nicer graphics but nothing too significant. maybe the regular quake 3 you watched had the graphics on low, since that's how most people play it.
JAAAAAH
indecision
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Germany818 Posts
February 27 2009 17:21 GMT
#300
the main difference is that you don't have to figure out what to download before you can actually play, and you also find other players more easily.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O160
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 580
ZZZero.O 160
soO 58
Hyun 50
Dota 2
qojqva2443
League of Legends
Doublelift1941
Counter-Strike
fl0m3626
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4216
Liquid`Hasu652
Other Games
summit1g6724
FrodaN1415
KnowMe351
420jenkins214
Pyrionflax185
Livibee180
QueenE107
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick791
StarCraft 2
angryscii 39
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 66
• Adnapsc2 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 38
• FirePhoenix10
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1763
Other Games
• imaqtpie919
• Shiphtur582
• Scarra382
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 5m
Patches Events
18h 5m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 5m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 5m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.