• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:30
CEST 12:30
KST 19:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8605 users

[GUIDE] How to play Melee ONLINE - Page 7

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next All
Shameless advertising for #tl-smash on Quakenet where you can find more TLers to play online with!
Trozz
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3456 Posts
August 13 2014 23:51 GMT
#121
Got my converter :D:D
I can use a real pad now.
Time to level up!
A build is not a guess, an estimation or a hunch, a feeling, or a foolish intuition. A build is a dependable, unwavering, unarguably accurate, portrayer of your ambition.
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
August 14 2014 18:58 GMT
#122
Hm. I still don't get what is required to get more than 2 people playing on more than 2 comps. Clicking the 'gcpad' I set everything to mouse/keyboard. Is there somewhere else that I need to configure?
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
August 15 2014 10:24 GMT
#123
O.o You just have them join the game and have everyone have one controller enabled, I really have no idea what the issue would be
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
August 15 2014 17:54 GMT
#124
My words seem to be failing me in describing the problem, so here are some pictures of what is happening.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


So I (Passafist) Host, then my Laptop (Falling) joins.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Then my brother joins.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Somehow my laptop (Falling) disappears. I can still see the chat window with my laptop, but it shows Passafist and Lord_Bryon only. When Falling laptop types, then it appears as text from Lord_Bryon on my Passafist computer.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
August 15 2014 18:43 GMT
#125
did he set Port 3 and Port 4 to Standard Controller and Port 1/2 to in Config -> Gamecube?
Writer
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
August 15 2014 19:33 GMT
#126
I just tried that. Same thing.
Passafist port1/2 Standard
Falling port 1/2 Standard (also tried just 2)
Lord Bryon 1/2 Nothing 3/4 Standard

LordBryon sees Passafist/Falling in slots 1/2
Pass & Falling sees Pass/ LordBryon in slots 1/2
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
August 16 2014 01:13 GMT
#127
I don't know then; ask on the Dolphin forums

I suspect most people here just play 1v1 with one adapter
Writer
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
August 17 2014 06:01 GMT
#128
Try another dolphin revision? 4.0-652 is the standard for melee netplay these days.
Liquipedia
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-20 17:07:45
August 20 2014 17:04 GMT
#129
What's the cheapest place available you guys have found to buy the GC controller adapter for the PC in Canada? Cheapest I can find is around $30 CAD after shipping (don't think that's taxes either). Currently unemployed with limited funds, so I'm a bit hesitant to pay $30+ at the moment.

edit: found this, but it's not really any cheaper.

Maybe I should just wait until I land a job before buying it and buy a new GC controller with it as well. Not sure if I'm even able to find my old GC controller, and if I can it might not be in the best condition...
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-20 17:23:23
August 20 2014 17:23 GMT
#130
Raphnet is better from what I've heard but more expensive. I think my Mayflashes were around $20 each which isn't so bad.

As for new GC controllers, wait for that shit to go on sale. Regular price is like $50 but they go on sale for around $25 sometimes which is nuts
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
August 20 2014 18:58 GMT
#131
I thought white controllers are on sale on Amazon right now?
Writer
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
August 20 2014 19:29 GMT
#132
What's the advantage of Raphnet over Mayflashes btw? Lower input delay or something? Better drivers?

Also, I live in Kelowna Kyuukyuu, I think I read in the smash locator thread you made that you live in Vancouver? Is there too much lag between Kelowna and Vancouver to play online you think?
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Trozz
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3456 Posts
August 20 2014 19:33 GMT
#133
Don't sweat it, grobyC.
I don't lag when I play him.
My mayflash works well.
A build is not a guess, an estimation or a hunch, a feeling, or a foolish intuition. A build is a dependable, unwavering, unarguably accurate, portrayer of your ambition.
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
August 21 2014 00:45 GMT
#134
Nah, usually within one or two states/provinces is very playable. I get around 40-50ms with 343 in NorCal, around 25-30ms with Trozz, which is all noticeable but not too bad at all.

And yeah I think Raphnet has slightly better latency (or so people claim), and it's not mass produced like the Mayflash. I've had no complaints with my Mayflash though.
Sephy90
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1785 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-09 01:20:56
October 09 2014 01:20 GMT
#135
Anyone up to play sometime? Also I find it weird that I can play with a random guy.. but I can't play with a friend who lives in the same town as me and helped set it up for me.. he can also play with his other friends too just not me he's supposed to be my teacher.
"So I turned the lights off at night and practiced by myself"
Epishade
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2267 Posts
October 09 2014 18:32 GMT
#136
I wouldn't mind trying this out sometime either if anyone's interested.

I haven't done netplay before and am on a college connection, and I heard you couldn't host without portforwarding your router (like Broodwar), but if anyone wants to test this out with me, I'm up for it.
Pinhead Larry in the streets, Dirty Dan in the sheets.
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
October 09 2014 20:52 GMT
#137
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/smash-bros/462292-tl-smash-player-locator
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
October 10 2014 07:22 GMT
#138
On October 10 2014 03:32 Epishade wrote:
I wouldn't mind trying this out sometime either if anyone's interested.

I haven't done netplay before and am on a college connection, and I heard you couldn't host without portforwarding your router (like Broodwar), but if anyone wants to test this out with me, I'm up for it.


I know a guy who had problems at his uni connection, and he managed to set up a vpn to fix the problem. There's always a way!
Graphics
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
November 26 2014 01:25 GMT
#139
bump
can we sticky this?
pretty please

Also - good news everyone, it seems like the official nintendo adapters (4 slots & minimal lag omg) are out - and people are already working on reverse engineering it to get it to work with dolphin and stuff. Huzzah!
Graphics
TJGigaBowser
Profile Joined December 2014
13 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-02 17:18:57
December 02 2014 17:01 GMT
#140
My game is not coming up with any netplay functionality. I currently have the ISO downloaded and am under the AR functions with a lot of cheats (some odd ones to such as remove Zelda skirt... some people)

Any idea why this is?


EDIT: Added screenshot

[image loading]

[image loading]


ALSO:

Is anyone interested in playing N64 games with Netplay?

HOW TO DO IT:

Download Project64 2.1
https://mega.co.nz/#!r4gl3CqB!Ai8tLyi...




This video will show you how to do it FOR ALL GAMES (not just the ones listed)

Only things you need to do is path project 64 to your "games folder" you've created for your ISO's and enable "Directory Recursion" which is a fancy way of saying "look in subfolders".

Images to give you a bit of direction as to what I mean.

CREATE SEPARATE FOLDER FOR EMULATOR/GAMES
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


ENABLING ADVANCED SETTINGS AND ENABLING DIRECTORY RECURSION
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 47
Lowko20
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29496
firebathero 2353
Bisu 735
Hyuk 627
Horang2 437
Larva 229
BeSt 212
EffOrt 134
Light 112
Leta 105
[ Show more ]
Soma 105
Mini 104
Rush 78
ZerO 64
Killer 62
Barracks 59
Sexy 52
Pusan 51
soO 48
ToSsGirL 45
Yoon 36
Sharp 35
Aegong 31
Shinee 30
NaDa 26
sorry 23
Sacsri 21
Mind 20
Bale 20
Hm[arnc] 16
JulyZerg 13
Noble 12
zelot 7
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Fuzer 175
XaKoH 146
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1225
byalli954
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1059
crisheroes837
Other Games
gofns38399
singsing1781
olofmeister1060
B2W.Neo115
Mew2King89
ArmadaUGS41
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream214
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH54
• StrangeGG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 30m
OSC
11h 30m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 30m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.