• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:31
CEST 12:31
KST 19:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8609 users

[GUIDE] How to play Melee ONLINE - Page 6

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Shameless advertising for #tl-smash on Quakenet where you can find more TLers to play online with!
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
July 31 2014 06:37 GMT
#101
Got my Mayflash adapter and tried to play Netplay today, but the "right-click Melee -> start Netplay" option doesn't exist for me I downloaded the bleeding-edge build (4.0-2338)...
Writer
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
July 31 2014 08:10 GMT
#102
On July 31 2014 15:37 ]343[ wrote:
Got my Mayflash adapter and tried to play Netplay today, but the "right-click Melee -> start Netplay" option doesn't exist for me I downloaded the bleeding-edge build (4.0-2338)...

try downloading the older one
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-01 03:43:49
July 31 2014 19:12 GMT
#103
download the one linked in the netplay IRC

this one: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/c5b1ec3329d47006bfddb381f730ad4310528b00/
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-04 06:17:28
August 04 2014 04:35 GMT
#104
On August 01 2014 04:12 Kyuukyuu wrote:
download the one linked in the netplay IRC

this one: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/c5b1ec3329d47006bfddb381f730ad4310528b00/


good joke, I run Ubuntu

the latest Dolphin version should definitely not have feature regressions I guess I should have the same version as other people to play against, though

I'll try building from source

edit: it works! woo google!
Writer
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
August 06 2014 05:10 GMT
#105
Does this work with more than 2 players? I've been trying to get this work with my housemates, but when the third joins, it seems to bump the second one out (sort of). If you try to shift them over to Pad2 to let someone else join, then the last player shows up on Pad 1 and 2, and the second player disappears. When you start the game technically all 3 join, but there are only 2 slots available and some weird back and forth on who controls the second slot.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
August 06 2014 05:16 GMT
#106
Do you mean you're running it on two computers, one of which has 2 players plugged into it? Because IIRC that does not work with Netplay.

Otherwise, I've gotten Doubles successfully running (with 4 different people) before, so otherwise it shouldn't be a problem.
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
August 06 2014 05:19 GMT
#107
On August 06 2014 14:16 Kyuukyuu wrote:
Do you mean you're running it on two computers, one of which has 2 players plugged into it? Because IIRC that does not work with Netplay.

Otherwise, I've gotten Doubles successfully running (with 4 different people) before, so otherwise it shouldn't be a problem.

I mean 3-4 computers connecting to the game in the same house. We don't have proper controllers so everyone is using keyboards.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
August 06 2014 08:10 GMT
#108
Did you set controller ports in both GCPad (controls) and Configure -> GameCube?
Writer
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
August 06 2014 14:55 GMT
#109
So like GCPad, the icon, and then tell Pads 2-4 the Device will be DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse
And then
Options
>>Configure
>>GameCube
And then Device Settings, set Ports 2-4 to Standard Controller?
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
August 06 2014 15:41 GMT
#110
It should work. Just need to have all players only have 1 controller port. Many have 2 so 2 players can take up 4 ports. You can easily assign only one to each as the leader.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
August 06 2014 16:46 GMT
#111
k, and also how do you enable items? I know it's not competitive, but it's fun for casual. Everytime I try and change it from 'None' to anything else, it doesn't stick.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
August 06 2014 16:55 GMT
#112
Netplay cheat doesn't let you change any options (stages, stocks, time limit, items, etc) as far as I know. It's a pain in the ass :|
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
August 06 2014 17:00 GMT
#113
It's quite a pain having to quit every game when you get FoD on random because it doesn't work for many people

I've not really used items in casuals either, mostly they're just annoying but at least they're better than in brawl with the horrible smash balls
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
iSmash
Profile Joined August 2014
United States2 Posts
August 07 2014 03:21 GMT
#114
So how do I use the irc chat?

I keep getting this:

20:13] qwebirc v0.91-rizon105
[20:13] Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Chris Porter and the qwebirc project.
[20:13] Copyright (C) 2010-2011 Rizon development team.
[20:13] http://www.qwebirc.org
[20:13] Licensed under the GNU General Public License, Version 2.
[20:13] == *** (qwebirc) Looking up your hostname...
[20:13] == *** (qwebirc) Found your hostname.
[20:13] == Connected to server.
[20:13] == Invalid Password
[20:13] == Disconnected from server: Connection to IRC server lost.





What exactly am I supposed to put in at:

Nickname:
Channels: #dolphin-ssbm
Password:
Auth:


I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm using a macbook and I'm from the States.
Shine so bright
iSmash
Profile Joined August 2014
United States2 Posts
August 07 2014 03:55 GMT
#115
Nvm my above post. It turns out you have to dl a separate application to run the IRC?
I used Limechat and I didn't put a password.
Shine so bright
-Kaiser-
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada932 Posts
August 07 2014 08:05 GMT
#116
What is the best latency I can expect ever? (in frames)
3 Hatch Before Cool
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
August 07 2014 08:07 GMT
#117
On August 07 2014 12:55 iSmash wrote:
Nvm my above post. It turns out you have to dl a separate application to run the IRC?
I used Limechat and I didn't put a password.


webchat works fine for me? I put in a username and no password and set auth off and it works

or you can register a nick so you can get on the !mm list

@above, I haven't gotten below 30ms yet but I'm sure like 10ms is possible if you're close enough to them and both have good internet
Writer
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
August 08 2014 01:30 GMT
#118
If anyone is West Coast and plays this, PM me to be added to a TL skype chat

@Kaiser, I'm in UBC and I've played guys in North Van with 20ms delay = 0.02sec = ~1 frame

Alberta/Washington/Oregon = 25-35ms

NorCal = 40-50ms (threshold for actually attempting to play normally)

Anything else = attempt to get Falcon punches all match
-Kaiser-
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada932 Posts
August 08 2014 01:50 GMT
#119
On August 08 2014 10:30 Kyuukyuu wrote:
If anyone is West Coast and plays this, PM me to be added to a TL skype chat

@Kaiser, I'm in UBC and I've played guys in North Van with 20ms delay = 0.02sec = ~1 frame

Alberta/Washington/Oregon = 25-35ms

NorCal = 40-50ms (threshold for actually attempting to play normally)

Anything else = attempt to get Falcon punches all match


Aight aight. Hey, what's your tag again? Somebody asked me at the last UBC tourney if I were Kaiser from TL. I think we might've played?
3 Hatch Before Cool
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
August 08 2014 03:37 GMT
#120
yeah I had about 50ms with Trozz
Writer
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 47
Lowko20
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29496
firebathero 2353
Bisu 735
Hyuk 627
Horang2 437
Larva 229
BeSt 212
EffOrt 134
Light 112
Leta 105
[ Show more ]
Soma 105
Mini 104
Rush 78
ZerO 64
Killer 62
Barracks 59
Sexy 52
Pusan 51
soO 48
ToSsGirL 45
Yoon 36
Sharp 35
Aegong 31
Shinee 30
NaDa 26
sorry 23
Sacsri 21
Mind 20
Bale 20
Hm[arnc] 16
JulyZerg 13
Noble 12
zelot 7
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Fuzer 175
XaKoH 146
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1225
byalli954
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1059
crisheroes837
Other Games
gofns38399
singsing1781
olofmeister1060
B2W.Neo115
Mew2King89
ArmadaUGS41
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream214
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH54
• StrangeGG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 30m
OSC
11h 30m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 30m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.