• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:43
CEST 11:43
KST 18:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8220 users

[GUIDE] How to play Melee ONLINE - Page 8

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Shameless advertising for #tl-smash on Quakenet where you can find more TLers to play online with!
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
December 02 2014 17:20 GMT
#141
Do you have the netplay version of Dolphin? You shouldn't have to activate any cheats if you do.
TJGigaBowser
Profile Joined December 2014
13 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-02 18:12:04
December 02 2014 17:34 GMT
#142
On December 03 2014 02:20 Kyuukyuu wrote:
Do you have the netplay version of Dolphin? You shouldn't have to activate any cheats if you do.

spoilered to remove cluttered thought
+ Show Spoiler +
It's likely the case that I don't.

Now I feel relatively stupid I'll go download that hahaha thanks

EDIT:

Do I have to create my own NETPLAY version?
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/netplay-guide/

Or is there somewhere I can download it?

EDIT 2:

I've found the "START NETPLAY" function but it keeps saying "failed to connect" I assume that's because I already need to know where im trying to connect to before I connect? Hosting works just fine

ALSO - The IRC channel says "need to be active for 30 seconds before registering" ... so ? I'm currently sitting there am I registered? haha


FINAL EDIT: Tinkered around enough I've figured it all out

http://www.smashladder.com/netplay this is a great site btw
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
December 02 2014 23:42 GMT
#143
Ah yes, I hadn't added that to the main post yet
Graphics
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
December 04 2014 20:14 GMT
#144
im having a real problem with dolphin recently, it makes me not want to play smash at all

im not playing netplay, just offline, it says 60fps but it looks and feels sub 30, anyone had or knows how to fix?
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
December 05 2014 08:47 GMT
#145
Hard to say, there's probably multiple reasons why this could happen.

Have you installed anything recently? Are your hardware temperature readings okay?

I think you'll probably find better help at https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/
Graphics
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-05 10:50:10
December 05 2014 10:50 GMT
#146
hardware temps were fine, everything was barely taxed

disabling idle skipping seems to have cleared it for now, thanks for the help, ill go to the dolphin board if it comes back
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
noax
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada150 Posts
December 05 2014 15:42 GMT
#147
http://i.imgur.com/6Q5YGQr.gif Woot its amazing thanks!
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
December 06 2014 21:41 GMT
#148
So hard to find games in BC t.t
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
December 08 2014 02:44 GMT
#149
i'll play you if you like
hariooo
Profile Joined October 2013
Canada2830 Posts
December 10 2014 00:22 GMT
#150
so why would i be able to host perfectly but see ?ms when i try to connect? what's the common router/firewall issues that would cause that?
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
December 11 2014 01:34 GMT
#151
Hmm not sure, I can't seem to immediately find an answer either. I've had it happen before, but usually a reconnect solves it.
Try the dolphin boards?
Graphics
nemba_tv
Profile Joined December 2014
Canada1 Post
Last Edited: 2014-12-18 01:37:45
December 18 2014 01:36 GMT
#152
Can someone send me a DOWNLOAD link... to : super smash bros. melee revision 2 (1.02) iso ... please... i downloaded some.. and they are REVISION 1 ... and i can't play on global melee netplay...

The coolrom site... that everyone links.. is no longer in service.... so i'd need some help for a other one
seodoth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands319 Posts
December 21 2014 16:00 GMT
#153
On December 18 2014 10:36 nemba_tv wrote:
Can someone send me a DOWNLOAD link... to : super smash bros. melee revision 2 (1.02) iso ... please... i downloaded some.. and they are REVISION 1 ... and i can't play on global melee netplay...

The coolrom site... that everyone links.. is no longer in service.... so i'd need some help for a other one


here you go bro http://www.doperoms.com/roms/nintendo_gamecube/Super Smash Bros. Melee (USA) (v1.02).7z.html/693684/Super Smash Bros. Melee .html
meant to give you this earlier but i couldnt find the link on my away pc so had to wait until i was home
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-26 21:52:13
December 26 2014 21:52 GMT
#154
I was messing around with dolphin to try to get Netplay working; I ended up deciding to uninstall Dolphin and reinstall. Now it isn't detecting my adapter although I know it works. I've configured my gamecube controllers through my windows settings. I'm confused as to why it's stopped working all of a sudden. Maybe it's something simple I've overlooked (I'm not a tech wizard lol).

+ Show Spoiler +
http://imgur.com/8gSwEXp
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
December 27 2014 03:16 GMT
#155
On December 27 2014 06:52 darthfoley wrote:
I was messing around with dolphin to try to get Netplay working; I ended up deciding to uninstall Dolphin and reinstall. Now it isn't detecting my adapter although I know it works. I've configured my gamecube controllers through my windows settings. I'm confused as to why it's stopped working all of a sudden. Maybe it's something simple I've overlooked (I'm not a tech wizard lol).

+ Show Spoiler +
http://imgur.com/8gSwEXp

You're using the wrong rev of Dolphin. Everybody who wants to do melee netplay uses rev 652. You can find it here. Yeah, it's several thousand revs behind (and lacking a fair number of nice features/optimizations), but the dc-netplay branch is pretty neglected, unfortunately.

Start with that and see if anything changes.
Liquipedia
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-27 18:25:51
December 27 2014 14:03 GMT
#156
On December 27 2014 12:16 Spazer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 27 2014 06:52 darthfoley wrote:
I was messing around with dolphin to try to get Netplay working; I ended up deciding to uninstall Dolphin and reinstall. Now it isn't detecting my adapter although I know it works. I've configured my gamecube controllers through my windows settings. I'm confused as to why it's stopped working all of a sudden. Maybe it's something simple I've overlooked (I'm not a tech wizard lol).

+ Show Spoiler +
http://imgur.com/8gSwEXp

You're using the wrong rev of Dolphin. Everybody who wants to do melee netplay uses rev 652. You can find it here. Yeah, it's several thousand revs behind (and lacking a fair number of nice features/optimizations), but the dc-netplay branch is pretty neglected, unfortunately.

Start with that and see if anything changes.


Thanks for the help. I installed the right Dolphin and calibrated my controllers. I go to GCPad and none of the options register my controller stick movements (including SDL/0/GamePad). My config also has Port 1 = Standard controller. This is annoying

This is what it looks like now: + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Still no red mark for the control sticks, nor do the bumpers register. If I change it to DInput/0/GamePad it registers all the buttons and the triggers (in a binary sense = either fully pressed or not registered), but the sticks are still not registering anything.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
December 27 2014 21:47 GMT
#157
Hmm... Just to make sure, did you try setting the axes manually?

I believe DInput is the preferred input method. Can you post a screenshot of that configuration?

Barring that, possibly a driver issue (though I doubt it)? Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the adapter drivers?
Liquipedia
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
December 28 2014 02:07 GMT
#158
On December 28 2014 06:47 Spazer wrote:
Hmm... Just to make sure, did you try setting the axes manually?

I believe DInput is the preferred input method. Can you post a screenshot of that configuration?

Barring that, possibly a driver issue (though I doubt it)? Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the adapter drivers?


I figured it out! My Axes had previously been numerical because I'm pretty sure they were on the SDL input. Once I changed the Axes to X, Y, Z, everything clicked. Thanks again for the help, good sir.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
December 29 2014 07:20 GMT
#159
Playing online without much connection lag makes me so happy :')
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
December 29 2014 17:20 GMT
#160
Already have Dolphin x64, but didn't know about the rest. Thanks for the guide
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 4634
firebathero 2213
Bisu 710
Hyuk 425
BeSt 146
Leta 114
Larva 106
Sexy 105
EffOrt 90
Killer 88
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 81
Soma 78
ToSsGirL 60
ZerO 59
Light 49
Yoon 40
soO 39
Sharp 37
Aegong 28
Bale 24
Sacsri 22
Shinee 18
Rush 18
sorry 17
NaDa 15
Hm[arnc] 14
JulyZerg 9
Terrorterran 5
Pusan 1
Dota 2
Fuzer 145
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1013
byalli840
kRYSTAL_24
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor975
crisheroes589
Other Games
gofns36470
singsing1593
olofmeister1031
ceh9674
Mew2King87
ArmadaUGS45
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2340
League of Legends
• Stunt401
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 17m
OSC
12h 17m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.