• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:32
CEST 06:32
KST 13:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7837 users

EVO 2012 - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 271 272 273 Next
FishStix
Profile Joined April 2010
United States425 Posts
July 02 2012 20:47 GMT
#41
Also, Curleh Mustache got 20k peak concurrents last night. A one day (Sunday) late night broadcast beat out most "major" fighting game tournaments this year - this bodes very well for EVO IMO.

Last year EVO peaked at 91k concurrents. I'm optimistic that this number can be beaten this year. SC2 may have an order of magnitude more views on a weekly basis, but no SC2 tourneys can beat EVO numbers at the moment. I'll be watching numbers very closely.....
I do stuff in eSports
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
July 03 2012 21:39 GMT
#42
On July 03 2012 05:47 FishStix wrote:
Also, Curleh Mustache got 20k peak concurrents last night. A one day (Sunday) late night broadcast beat out most "major" fighting game tournaments this year - this bodes very well for EVO IMO.

Last year EVO peaked at 91k concurrents. I'm optimistic that this number can be beaten this year. SC2 may have an order of magnitude more views on a weekly basis, but no SC2 tourneys can beat EVO numbers at the moment. I'll be watching numbers very closely.....

SC2 isn't doing the hype for me like evo does. I mean last time i felt hype for rts was during savior's reign over SC:BW. It's not hype unless the commentators and crowd becomes to loud the mic cuts out.
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
July 03 2012 21:44 GMT
#43
On July 03 2012 05:47 FishStix wrote:
Last year EVO peaked at 91k concurrents. I'm optimistic that this number can be beaten this year. SC2 may have an order of magnitude more views on a weekly basis, but no SC2 tourneys can beat EVO numbers at the moment. I'll be watching numbers very closely.....

You do know that there exist(ed) several restreams? Last time I used one as well because of their shitty settings and because the chat is beyond terrible.
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
July 03 2012 22:51 GMT
#44
I'm in Kubo's marvel pool (k13) and Dakou's KoF pool (b31)

also gonna be playing in the skullgirls tournament for sure.

Anyone thats going that wants to meet up, PM me! Especially if you play KoF
Koenig99
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada904 Posts
July 03 2012 23:26 GMT
#45
On June 30 2012 18:39 gostunv wrote:
Wadup yall this is FRB team manager Forgenjuro notifying yall to watch out for our team in the Marvel brackets! We gonna make quite a stir! (also Kazunoko)

Will any of you be there at EVO?


God I hope Abegen makes it out. Shady K, FR Roachking and Jan all in his pool >_<
Corvi
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Germany1406 Posts
July 03 2012 23:33 GMT
#46
so, where do i go to watch this unspoilered the next day
sadly live is way too late for europeans
Koenig99
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada904 Posts
July 03 2012 23:36 GMT
#47
On July 04 2012 08:33 Corvi wrote:
so, where do i go to watch this unspoilered the next day
sadly live is way too late for europeans


Look at the pool times; they run from 8am to 12am PST (GMT-7), so you should be able to catch the majority of the action.
TonyL2
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
England1953 Posts
July 04 2012 00:22 GMT
#48
Anyone up for predictions in the games?

I'm gonna say:
AE - some japanese player, not entirely sure yet, would love for Daigo's Ryu but, to me, that's like wanting Federer to win Wimbledon
Marvel - Champ
SFxT - Laugh/Infiltration (I imagine they'll team up)
KoF - Bala

Don't know enough about MK or SC to even hazard a guess

Either way, I'm sure there will be plenty of upsets and hype moments!
Goshawk.
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United Kingdom5338 Posts
July 04 2012 00:27 GMT
#49
Hype hype! Gonna be epic! Too bad the times are horrible for Europeans wanting to watch it live.
Redmark
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2129 Posts
July 04 2012 00:44 GMT
#50
I'm hoping that either a Japanese player (Cho or Abegen I suppose) or Chris G wins Marvel. Half because I genuinely like them, half because of the drama that would ensue.

For AE ideally Sanford and Dieminion do well but probably Japanese going to stomp.
gostunv
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Japan1178 Posts
July 04 2012 00:50 GMT
#51
Aiite WE OUT OF HERE!

AMERRRRRRICCAAAAAAAAAAA FUUUCKKK YEAHHH!!!

here were cometh.
teamblackeye.com ///// http://www.youtube.com/user/gostunv ///// https://twitter.com/forgenjuro
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
July 04 2012 01:02 GMT
#52
I want to see Fuudo play Fei Long!
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
TieN.nS)
Profile Joined August 2003
United States2131 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-04 01:26:06
July 04 2012 01:22 GMT
#53
I'll go with Marvelous winning both UMvC3 and SFIV. LET'S GO JUSTIN

Also, Floe will not be The Guy: Gaiden. :p

Wow, just looked at the OP. Great job pachi!
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
July 04 2012 01:40 GMT
#54
On July 04 2012 09:22 TonyL2 wrote:
Anyone up for predictions in the games?

I'm gonna say:
AE - some japanese player, not entirely sure yet, would love for Daigo's Ryu but, to me, that's like wanting Federer to win Wimbledon
Marvel - Champ
SFxT - Laugh/Infiltration (I imagine they'll team up)
KoF - Bala

Don't know enough about MK or SC to even hazard a guess

Either way, I'm sure there will be plenty of upsets and hype moments!


I don't know about Champ. His Dorm/Mags/Doom team is pretty fucking insane but he can get opened up by those rush teams. Flocker made him look bad at CEO. I'll be rooting for him though, he understands Dormammu like no one else in the business.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
ShoKakuUtena
Profile Joined May 2011
United States304 Posts
July 04 2012 01:53 GMT
#55
On July 04 2012 09:22 TonyL2 wrote:
Anyone up for predictions in the games?

I'm gonna say:
AE - some japanese player, not entirely sure yet, would love for Daigo's Ryu but, to me, that's like wanting Federer to win Wimbledon
Marvel - Champ
SFxT - Laugh/Infiltration (I imagine they'll team up)
KoF - Bala

Don't know enough about MK or SC to even hazard a guess

Either way, I'm sure there will be plenty of upsets and hype moments!


I like the Daigo/Federer comparison, fits very well with the fact that despite being a mainstay and expected winner, he has legitimate competition.

Anyway, my personal favorite & realistic Top 4 character guesses for each game are:

AE: Uryo but Top 4 might be Fuudo, Kazunoko, Sako, Ricky. Daigo will be Top 8/12
UMvC3: Clockw0rk = favorite, Top 4 will probably be Justin, FChamp, Yipes, one of the JPN FRB players.
SFxT: Not America, because U.S. hates the game and Korea (or at least Infilitration & Laugh) will use the cheap stuff.
KoF: Bala, Romance, Mr. KOF, probably a Japanese player, I don't know who exactly is going.

I really can't wait until Friday. Get hype FGC!


世界を革命する力を。
Koenig99
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada904 Posts
July 04 2012 02:22 GMT
#56
On July 04 2012 10:53 ShoKakuUtena wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2012 09:22 TonyL2 wrote:
Anyone up for predictions in the games?

I'm gonna say:
AE - some japanese player, not entirely sure yet, would love for Daigo's Ryu but, to me, that's like wanting Federer to win Wimbledon
Marvel - Champ
SFxT - Laugh/Infiltration (I imagine they'll team up)
KoF - Bala

Don't know enough about MK or SC to even hazard a guess

Either way, I'm sure there will be plenty of upsets and hype moments!


I like the Daigo/Federer comparison, fits very well with the fact that despite being a mainstay and expected winner, he has legitimate competition.

Anyway, my personal favorite & realistic Top 4 character guesses for each game are:

AE: Uryo but Top 4 might be Fuudo, Kazunoko, Sako, Ricky. Daigo will be Top 8/12
UMvC3: Clockw0rk = favorite, Top 4 will probably be Justin, FChamp, Yipes, one of the JPN FRB players.
SFxT: Not America, because U.S. hates the game and Korea (or at least Infilitration & Laugh) will use the cheap stuff.
KoF: Bala, Romance, Mr. KOF, probably a Japanese player, I don't know who exactly is going.

I really can't wait until Friday. Get hype FGC!




I think you have KoF all wrong. I think Xiaohai and Dakou will finish 1-2. Chinese real strong at this game and nobodies seen them play that much yet (save for Shadaloo Showdown).
TieN.nS)
Profile Joined August 2003
United States2131 Posts
July 04 2012 02:34 GMT
#57
You're crazy if you don't think Bala is gonna win KOF.
Koenig99
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada904 Posts
July 04 2012 03:26 GMT
#58
On July 04 2012 11:34 TieN.nS) wrote:
You're crazy if you don't think Bala is gonna win KOF.


I dunno. I'm not saying it'll be free, but I think if anyone is gonna beat Bala, it'll be the Chinese.
TieN.nS)
Profile Joined August 2003
United States2131 Posts
July 04 2012 03:30 GMT
#59
On July 04 2012 12:26 Koenig99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2012 11:34 TieN.nS) wrote:
You're crazy if you don't think Bala is gonna win KOF.


I dunno. I'm not saying it'll be free, but I think if anyone is gonna beat Bala, it'll be the Chinese.


Agree, but Bala really has to be the favorite lol.
ShoKakuUtena
Profile Joined May 2011
United States304 Posts
July 04 2012 03:38 GMT
#60
On July 04 2012 11:22 Koenig99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2012 10:53 ShoKakuUtena wrote:
On July 04 2012 09:22 TonyL2 wrote:
Anyone up for predictions in the games?

I'm gonna say:
AE - some japanese player, not entirely sure yet, would love for Daigo's Ryu but, to me, that's like wanting Federer to win Wimbledon
Marvel - Champ
SFxT - Laugh/Infiltration (I imagine they'll team up)
KoF - Bala

Don't know enough about MK or SC to even hazard a guess

Either way, I'm sure there will be plenty of upsets and hype moments!


I like the Daigo/Federer comparison, fits very well with the fact that despite being a mainstay and expected winner, he has legitimate competition.

Anyway, my personal favorite & realistic Top 4 character guesses for each game are:

AE: Uryo but Top 4 might be Fuudo, Kazunoko, Sako, Ricky. Daigo will be Top 8/12
UMvC3: Clockw0rk = favorite, Top 4 will probably be Justin, FChamp, Yipes, one of the JPN FRB players.
SFxT: Not America, because U.S. hates the game and Korea (or at least Infilitration & Laugh) will use the cheap stuff.
KoF: Bala, Romance, Mr. KOF, probably a Japanese player, I don't know who exactly is going.

I really can't wait until Friday. Get hype FGC!




I think you have KoF all wrong. I think Xiaohai and Dakou will finish 1-2. Chinese real strong at this game and nobodies seen them play that much yet (save for Shadaloo Showdown).


Ah right, I totally forgot Dakou and Xiaohai were going. Seeing as the only KoF XIII stuff I've been exposed is really MLG and some regional tourneys I'd still bet Bala is Top 3. I watched some videos a while ago with Dakou playing KoF 98 and he's amazing. Dakou's probably leveled up even more for AE which he did well in Shadowloo. Bala and Dakou would be a great Grand Finals, with the KoF pride of Mexico and China on the line. Even moreso, I just want to see someone play Terry. XD
世界を革命する力を。
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 271 272 273 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 250
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 572
Larva 395
Leta 82
NaDa 47
TT1 25
Icarus 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm236
League of Legends
JimRising 718
Other Games
summit1g9359
WinterStarcraft453
Mew2King82
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1096
BasetradeTV253
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2126
League of Legends
• Rush1232
• Lourlo965
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 28m
INu's Battles
7h 28m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 28m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 28m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 28m
Replay Cast
18h 28m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.