• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:00
CEST 16:00
KST 23:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8281 users

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Page 1018

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1121 Next
Kotreb
Profile Joined June 2011
Croatia1392 Posts
January 10 2016 03:17 GMT
#20341
MM is really weird. My last 10 games have been vs a mix of supreme-dmg (all in one match). I've lost like 6 or 7 of them, won two and draw one and i managed to uprank. Honestly, wtf vovlvo?
If you don't sin Jesus died for nothing.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
January 10 2016 04:16 GMT
#20342
At this point I feel no incentive to play. My last 20 or so games on MM were complete steamrolls one way or the other.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Nixer
Profile Joined July 2011
2774 Posts
January 10 2016 04:59 GMT
#20343
You shouldn't really be paying to attention to ranks in general in terms of what you're matched up against and what you get currently as the underlying MMR is the deciding factor to begin with, when the change and shift kind of screws with everything. Things should stabilize with time anyway.
Graphics
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
January 10 2016 05:44 GMT
#20344
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3xe7py/has_anybody_noticed_the_change_in_the_rank_system/cy3x3pj

ranks were fixed, that's all there is to say about it. people that never deserved to be a higher rank, are now finally being lowered after being inflated.

also, like many said, ranks don't mean anything, your mmr is what is used to match you with "similar" skilled people, and can get messed up by people queuing with friends with different ranks/mmrs.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Ktk
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Korea (South)753 Posts
January 10 2016 06:36 GMT
#20345
On January 10 2016 13:16 Djzapz wrote:
At this point I feel no incentive to play. My last 20 or so games on MM were complete steamrolls one way or the other.


I don't know if it's placebo or not. It probably is, but I've felt the same. However my past two games were quite enjoyable, I was actually in a team where no one was toxic!

Meh, matchmaking was always part you, part which team had more smurfing/hacking/toxic players anyway.

It certainly is disappointing to see all public evidence of your hard work disappearing before your eyes though. I can see it being a reason for people griefing smurfing whatever because they don't care about their ranks anymore. I don't agree with it, but I can see it. And it makes me sad when they're on my team.

Now there's good reason to listen to people when they say ignore peoples' ranks. Now, in addition to whatever it represented before, it's also a measure of activity (if you haven't been deranked yet because you haven't played much since the rank shift started, your apparent rank is likely inflated).
Muffloe
Profile Joined December 2012
Sweden6061 Posts
January 10 2016 15:10 GMT
#20346
https://starladder.com/en/starseries-list-of-talents-2/ Talent for Starseries. Smix is nice to see, you can probably doubt her cs go passion, but she will rek the stage regardless lol. Also Maniac is nice, a really smart and well-articulate guy.
Luolis
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Finland7196 Posts
January 10 2016 15:27 GMT
#20347
http://www.twitch.tv/tnakslei

Ence rekking Flipside without Allu even :D
pro cheese woman / Its never Sunny in Finland. Perkele / FinnishStarcraftTrivia
Censured
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1061 Posts
January 10 2016 17:25 GMT
#20348
On January 10 2016 05:30 Luolis wrote:
OAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Playing a scrim vs some pretty good team on inferno. On an eco, 10-11 losing. I have a deagle at the bottom of banana, just hiding under the pillars. one guy peeks me ---> boom hedshot. I peek, get second kill in head. Peek again, 3rd headshot.

That was the best play ive done in my life ahh jesus christo

VOD or it didn't happen
Occupation: Legend
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-10 19:03:17
January 10 2016 19:03 GMT
#20349
On January 11 2016 00:10 Muffloe wrote:
https://starladder.com/en/starseries-list-of-talents-2/ Talent for Starseries. Smix is nice to see, you can probably doubt her cs go passion, but she will rek the stage regardless lol. Also Maniac is nice, a really smart and well-articulate guy.


There's one thing you can't doubt about Smix, it's her passion for esports.

Should be great regardless!
LiquipediaWanderer
Muffloe
Profile Joined December 2012
Sweden6061 Posts
January 10 2016 20:32 GMT
#20350
On January 11 2016 04:03 Ragnarork wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2016 00:10 Muffloe wrote:
https://starladder.com/en/starseries-list-of-talents-2/ Talent for Starseries. Smix is nice to see, you can probably doubt her cs go passion, but she will rek the stage regardless lol. Also Maniac is nice, a really smart and well-articulate guy.


There's one thing you can't doubt about Smix, it's her passion for esports.

Should be great regardless!

Indeed, happy to see her here

No RL tho, but the desk should be solid if they can keep Duncan in check ^^

Regarding the groups, looks like we have a good ol' Group of Death with Fnatic, nV and ex-TSM
Harvey1
Profile Joined November 2015
11 Posts
January 11 2016 00:49 GMT
#20351
Guys I am officially the cancer. I have 4 friends that started playing again, they were hovering around silver elite and gn 1-2. I am Global myself though, we played a few games and they got absolutely demolished by smfcs. So, a friend gave me his second csgo account which was already level 3. I've been carrying them for about 14-15 wins straight now. I feel kinda bad for the opponents, but at the same time I'm having so much fun. Sorry guys, I am the cancer now.
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
January 11 2016 01:03 GMT
#20352
It is okay harvey as long as you confess your sins to the tl community all will be fine.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
January 11 2016 02:21 GMT
#20353
On January 11 2016 09:49 Harvey1 wrote:
Guys I am officially the cancer. I have 4 friends that started playing again, they were hovering around silver elite and gn 1-2. I am Global myself though, we played a few games and they got absolutely demolished by smfcs. So, a friend gave me his second csgo account which was already level 3. I've been carrying them for about 14-15 wins straight now. I feel kinda bad for the opponents, but at the same time I'm having so much fun. Sorry guys, I am the cancer now.

I've been the cancer mate... glad it's over.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
trifecta
Profile Joined April 2010
United States6795 Posts
January 11 2016 05:29 GMT
#20354
valve make day of defeat:GO please
Sterlymobile
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1009 Posts
January 11 2016 08:41 GMT
#20355
Its going to take a while before the ranks settle out. Each game I am getting steamrolled or steamrolling the other team.
"You sons of a silly person"
acker
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2958 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-11 09:07:58
January 11 2016 09:04 GMT
#20356
Games feel a lot more volatile than they used to. I've noticed that teams seem to tilt harder and faster after a string of losses. There's a lot more smurfs and griefers around as well, which may well contribute to match lopsidedness; Valve should never have begun rank adjustment at the same time as the Steam Holiday Sale.
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
January 11 2016 09:56 GMT
#20357
On January 11 2016 14:29 trifecta wrote:
valve make day of defeat:GO please


He knows whats up. a new DoD would be god like
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-11 10:37:25
January 11 2016 10:37 GMT
#20358
On January 11 2016 05:32 Muffloe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2016 04:03 Ragnarork wrote:
On January 11 2016 00:10 Muffloe wrote:
https://starladder.com/en/starseries-list-of-talents-2/ Talent for Starseries. Smix is nice to see, you can probably doubt her cs go passion, but she will rek the stage regardless lol. Also Maniac is nice, a really smart and well-articulate guy.


There's one thing you can't doubt about Smix, it's her passion for esports.

Should be great regardless!

Indeed, happy to see her here

No RL tho, but the desk should be solid if they can keep Duncan in check ^^

Regarding the groups, looks like we have a good ol' Group of Death with Fnatic, nV and ex-TSM


Nobody can.
LiquipediaWanderer
Laserist
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey4269 Posts
January 11 2016 11:13 GMT
#20359
Ok guys, I gave a break to CSGO for 3-4 months or so. I was double AK or similar rank but it seems I got kicked out of bracket system during the break. After initial matches I assigned to SEM and quickly raised to GN2 and still winning more rounds than I lose while even playing mostly deagle+armor.
I know I am very rusty in terms of aim and mechanics but did they changed the ranking system or some sort? I read something on twitter but I appreciate if someone shed some light.
Thanks
“Are you with the Cartel? Because you’re definitely an Angel.”
Dantak
Profile Joined January 2006
Czech Republic648 Posts
January 11 2016 11:26 GMT
#20360
On January 11 2016 20:13 Laserist wrote:
Ok guys, I gave a break to CSGO for 3-4 months or so. I was double AK or similar rank but it seems I got kicked out of bracket system during the break. After initial matches I assigned to SEM and quickly raised to GN2 and still winning more rounds than I lose while even playing mostly deagle+armor.
I know I am very rusty in terms of aim and mechanics but did they changed the ranking system or some sort? I read something on twitter but I appreciate if someone shed some light.
Thanks


Yup, read page 1017 (you can scroll to picture I've posted there and read answers below)
"Life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery." - f33red k0r34n z3rg
Prev 1 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1121 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1108
RotterdaM588
SteadfastSC282
TKL 212
Rex134
CosmosSc2 33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 588
SteadfastSC 282
TKL 212
Rex 134
CosmosSc2 33
Codebar 25
ProTech7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44373
Calm 1962
Shuttle 1844
Jaedong 1536
Horang2 860
Mini 625
actioN 614
EffOrt 599
Soma 531
Soulkey 404
[ Show more ]
Stork 329
Rush 262
Larva 239
ZerO 208
BeSt 200
Snow 194
firebathero 132
Mong 98
Zeus 92
910 73
Mind 71
Last 70
hero 60
Free 58
Hyun 54
Yoon 49
sorry 44
Sharp 42
Shinee 39
PianO 37
Pusan 33
JYJ 30
Shine 28
Bale 24
ToSsGirL 24
Sexy 20
Terrorterran 20
Aegong 19
Hm[arnc] 19
HiyA 17
scan(afreeca) 15
Sacsri 14
Rock 9
Killer 7
Icarus 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5308
Dendi1170
Counter-Strike
fl0m1885
Fnx 603
edward43
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King125
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes592
Lowko364
Other Games
singsing2137
olofmeister1420
hiko747
B2W.Neo322
DeMusliM214
Livibee190
Pyrionflax162
Liquid`VortiX130
Khaldor96
Trikslyr75
QueenE68
dupreeh33
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1274
Other Games
BasetradeTV184
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH186
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1996
• Jankos1633
• TFBlade444
Other Games
• Shiphtur682
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h
The PondCast
20h
INu's Battles
21h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.