Basically, the China Team named CCM known for their DotA players, (they have SC2 and LoL players as well) has been bought for $6million big bucks.
They will be renamed to Invictus Gaming, also known for short as iG.
Their most famous SC2 player is arguably xiaoT.
Basically there is some sort of drama saying this business man (also a son of a billionaire) is causing another really stable and one of the strongest China team I know personally, LGD, to disband.
Before this million dollar tournament in IEM, which both iG and LGD is invited, 4 members of LGD has allegedly left the team. Sicong Wang is being "accused" of sowing seeds of discord in the team.
Will translate this news ASAP. Loose translation here:
+ Show Spoiler +
CCM renamed to iG, LGD disbanded, WE will be next?
With the news about the big prize of dota2 showmatch, Chinese dota scene also has many important events today.
A rich man named Sicong Wang purchases the entire CCM clan including its sc2, dota and lol department, and thus CCM is renamed to iG(Invictus Gaming) now. Rumors said Sicong Wang takes 40,000,000 RMB to buy CCM, and this is just his first action to join Chinese esports.
Quickly, the further action has been taken. LGD's manager ruru confirmed LGD is disbanded. yyf, chuan,ch,830 quits LGD and zsmj still stay. Rumor said the 5th person is PIS. So these 5 people may form a new team called Wanda. Wanda is the company of Sicong Wang's father.
I guess these 2 teams may focus on dota and dota2 respectively.
But the thing doesn't end. After the disband declaration claimed by ruru, Sicong Wang responses to her inexact declaration as following:
1. iG is not related to Wanda company.
2. Initially iG makes a communication with 830 and yyf and wants to give them a better opportunity to do self development.
a. The members of ex-LGD hope they can do it through their self efforts.
b. Later the members of ex-LGD are convinced after they understand what iG can offer for them in essence.
c. The members of ex-LGD believe iG is a professional and systematized clan and they don't need to bother anything except match.
3. iG lets the members of ex-LGD could consider this carefully, and hopes the ex-LGD still plays WCG in the name of LGD. At the meanwhile, the organizer of WCG confirms LGD can still participate in WCG.
In other word, Sicong Wang just wants to say: The 4 members of LGD decides to leave LGD by themselve. Don't flame me making the most stable team in China disbaned.
In addition, a rumor said WE will be reshuffled again and most of old members will quits. Not sure if related to Sicong Wang again.
1. visa for 4 members of LGD is granted.
2. after the declaration claimed by Sicong Wang above, ruru responses that iG buys the 4 members of LGD in the prize of 200.000 RMB totally.
3. A big rumor said 2009 will come back to reform FTD fighting for GameCon in the name of iG. Do we will see such a FTP appearing in our sights?
I think this is very possible. Because you guys noted that this rich kid really want to make an earthquake on Chinese esports. His father recently sponsors 300,000,000 RMB to Chinese football league. So the folks fingure out this guy wanna create a Chinese esports league like Korean. So his first action is being reforming some pro teams and involving other teams joining the esports league. It is said that these days the similar things like the reshuffle of dota will happen on sc2, war3 and lol as well.
In addition, zsmj has conflict with 2009 due to the enmity in FTD days(If you often visit sgamer, you should see the girlfriend of zsmj flamed 2009 several times. And LGD once officially announced a message mentioning 2009 took the money from LGD and then left. I think this was dicussed in gosu). This is the major reason why zsmj doesn't leave LGD. Actually as you see at #64 and according to the mood of zsmj, it seems that the big change on LGD is caused by 2009. Now 2009 comes back and take everything from zsmj. So sad for zsmj. I guess 2009 archives a private agreement with iG and promise the reborn FTP replacing LGD will champions GameCon for sure for iG for 2009's new boss. I guess they even plan to convince VALUE to yield to their requirement and allow iG.FTD to play GameCon. What a conspiracy theorist I am lol.
4. Rumors continues: Zhou and 430 may leave iG. The following is my guesses. You guys remembered the conflict between zhou/430 and the organizers of DMT? Yes. This is the root cause. Wanda company is located at Da Lian province and the organizers and sponsors of DMT comes from Da Lian province as well. Anyway, DMT is a commercial activity. Sicong Wang of course knows it, and thus he prepares to kick out zhou and 430 because they stir up trouble in Da Lian, his turf. If it is true, there is no any stable pro Chinese dota team any more.
5. This is a thread from sgamer. The poster had a chat with iG.jason who is the spokesman of iG. In this picture, jason said 2009 is invited to be the special consultant and iG doesn't plan to form a new team around 2009. iG.FTD is not admitted at all.
So those 4 members leave LGD and go to iG for what? WTF!
6. The 5th people might be EH.820 playing carry. If it is true, Ehome will be the next affected team.
7. iG.jason said they don't invite zsmj because iG had already confirmed their final roster. Also, iG plans to own 2 teams but the members of 2 teams may exchange each other from time to time. So there is no different between them.
WTF! Actually you just own 1 team with 10 members for enough substitute member? With team manager, you can form a football team like Wanda.
News 1: CCM is being bought by a billionaire's young son, and is renamed the invictus gaming.
News 2: 4 members from LGD (chuan,ch,830,yyf) has left LGD to join WanDa whereas ZSMJ chooses to stay in the team, LGD is disbanded temporarily.
News 1 is a mere rumour in sgamer whereas news 2 is comfirmed by ruru, LGD's manager, in the microblog post that she posted just now.
The interesting fact is, it person behind all this seems to be one person alone and he seems to have bought BOTH lgd (except zsmj) AND ccm....this sicong wang >.< (son of president of WanDa company, one of the richest person in china)
I went to browse the China forums regarding LGD disbanding. Most of the replies are of disbelief and the fans seem generally disappointed (LGD is known as the "perfect team that stays together", kind of like those Hollywood couples who represent "true love")
Most of them want more details on why they disbanded and are all pretty upset by it @_@!