• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:53
CEST 02:53
KST 09:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9592 users

Path of Exile - Page 1758

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1756 1757 1758 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
June 26 2026 20:35 GMT
#35141
Yeah I agree with a lot of that. I still think their steadfast opposition to movement skills in POE2 is the biggest thing holding the game back. It's was really night and day going from poe2 to even just the campaign with whirling blades. It's just such a better time to have actual zoom. I've got one challenge left to finish in poe2 that I may or may not go back and finish at some point.

I finished up the TOTA campaign last night. I did an Arakaali Shadow, picked up the Envy ascendancy, and just ran Venom Gyre through the whole campaign. Was a pretty solid run - a bit under 6 hours, though I skipped a lot of optional stuff that gives pantheon or skill points. I could've shaved a lot more time off, but my hand was really hurting. WASD from poe2 did seem to cause a lot less strain. I might get a controller and try that for 3.29. I ended up getting the Wendigo feathered boots from the mystery box, which are basically some rags partially wrapped around your feet. Probably the worst item in the entire mystery box. Oh well.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Broetchenholer
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1967 Posts
June 28 2026 19:43 GMT
#35142
I've tried asking build questions in the POE2 forum but it is strangely quiet for a game with so many hard core gamers attached. Maybe the fine gentlemen of TL can help me

I am fidgeting around with the new elementag infusions and generally with Sorceress. It's fun and i have a decently working Firestorm stormweaver. It has problems, but i am playing SSF HC and don't play meta builds, so it's fine.
I am currently using 3 firestorms due to limit +2 and i get a ton of elemental infusions by starting with Frost Bomb and Orb of Storms, setting up the Firestorm with Lightning and Cold damage and then using snap on the mobs to harvest Shock, Ignite and freeze on mobs for elemental infusions and some damage. But mainly to keep the loop going. So basically, once i have some infusions, Firestorm is somewhat self sustaining and the damage is nice, especially for big and slow bosses.

But one thing really gets me, the one infusion type i am getting the least is Fire. I am not using Living Bomb to generate them, i don't want to, i would prefer if the Firestorm that wrecks mobs faces, would actually, you know, ignite them. i have some nodes that increase the chance for elemental ailments, but i did not go overboard with it because i figured moar damage moar better then scaling flammability. It really feels like CCC balanced Fire in a weird way, where only the auto-ignite skills actually do that, if i take half the life of a monster with the impact of a firestorm, i would expect that mob to...burn. But it does not, it has a single digit flammability chance...that is sooo low. Am i doing something wrong?
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
June 29 2026 02:56 GMT
#35143
I'd try over at https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile2builds/ if you haven't yet. I haven't really done much with fire myself.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Espelz
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany833 Posts
July 13 2026 21:57 GMT
#35144
As the league seems to come to the end, i'll just throw a bit of money around to finish 40/40.
If anybody still needs doryani map for example (that actually reached like 120 div end-of-league-people-are-rich-and-want-challenges-price), i'll run that one in the time remaining. So if anybody wants to join in or needs anything else challenge wise, check if i'm there or write a msg here when you have time.

Also, dont worry about money for the doryanis or anything else - i still got 3 or 4 of these that i never sold, comes with delving alot :D

"Its not over till Fantasy gg´s" - Sayle
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51549 Posts
July 16 2026 04:51 GMT
#35145
boat league announcement today, hopefully we get a real boat league with real fishing
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
July 16 2026 08:26 GMT
#35146
preach!
haitike
Profile Joined June 2009
Spain2744 Posts
Last Edited: 2026-07-16 22:48:20
July 16 2026 22:48 GMT
#35147
You don't need to match gem colors into the socket color anymore, big QoL change for the campaign!

Also it seems they are buffing finally Self-Casting.
dyhb
Profile Joined August 2021
United States769 Posts
July 16 2026 23:26 GMT
#35148
If ten years from now fishing is still an inside joke, I'll be happy.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
July 17 2026 01:23 GMT
#35149
On July 17 2026 07:48 haitike wrote:
You don't need to match gem colors into the socket color anymore, big QoL change for the campaign!

Also it seems they are buffing finally Self-Casting.

I feel like I've heard about the buff to self-casting tons of times over the years, and it still ends up needing help again and again xD

Mercs are back, not permanent though unless you use the new Scion class.

Personally I'm intereseted in Abyss / Legion improvements. Intriguing stuff all around

Gone are the days of chasing a meandering Abyssal crack around a Map, often backwards.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
July 17 2026 05:03 GMT
#35150
I dunno, I'm still really mid on self-casting. The biggest problems are the self-stun of spell echo and mana costs. The only thing that currently helps the self-stun is cast speed and only lightning spells saw much of a cast speed increase, but they also saw significant mana cost increases. They also changed mana cost reduction to an efficiency system, which is generally worse for reducing costs. It's hard to know without seeing all the numbers how this is actually going to play out, but it seems like we're going to have to spend more points on multiple wheels to end up with similar mana cost numbers. If we end up where we started then the problem has gotten worse.

The pacts suck. They come with multiple, randomly chosen downsides that makes them significantly harder to build around, they have long cast times, and they only affect a few casts. Spell builds already trying to crank cast speed way up to deal with the self-stun of spell echo, so they're naturally exhausting this pact in a second or two. These essentially function as warcries for spells, but you'd never use warcries with fast hitting attacks because the uptime is too low.

Maybe it makes sense for non-stacking DoT abilities like ignite or reap. They're used infrequently enough that they might benefit from it as a single target boost. It seems dead on arrival for self-cast or poison, even if it didn't have downsides.

---

Reliquarian is probably better than last league, but it's still in a kind of wishy-washy state. Dawnbreaker is hands down the best node in the ascendancy and the only reason I can see to play it. Full converting all incoming damage to fire is incredibly strong and already done via sublime vision because of its strength. This lets you do it without needing that jewel (which costs >1 mirror) and lets you have other auras.

The second best node is probably Melding of the Flesh, but there's no reason to ever take it with Dawnbreaker. The right side nodes end up feeling really weak -- there's no reason to touch Melding or Kaom's with Dawnbreaker, Screams has too much of a downside with the shrine belt gone (and you can't pair it with the bloodline due to lack of points), and Chayula is ES at the cost of your life. That leaves Gloomfang and Polaric Devastation. Chain is OK for clear, but it also means you're not just doing the more normal option of pierce. There are a few skills that prefer chain specifically, but is it good enough? Polaric is another where Ash or Frost are decent and generally hard to get, but you need to be reliably triggering their ailment.

There's some strong interactions with things like Replica Nebulis + Dawnbreaker + Tempered By War where you could convert all incoming damage to fire, ignore cold/lightning res, and really easily get 450% elemental damage from the sceptre. That would probably pair really well with Ignite (and you could then take Polaric for Ash + ailment duration). You could dual wield these sceptres for pretty huge amounts of early league damage, if you wanted to give up the defenses and mobility (though I think you're going to need the max fire res on a shield if you're full converting).

But... then which node are you taking top or bottom? Xirgil's? There's basically nothing else that benefits a non-stacking DoT. Arakaali's Fang is unsupportable, so it's probably just being used for its buff to a poison build and needs to address how to both kill enemies and generate corpses for spiders to spawn. Black Cane's added would actually be good if you could do it reliably, but it needs you to heavily invest into phantasms (which you need to keep alive some way, e.g. a cluster notable, increase the max count of via Soulwrest, Congregation, and/or Dark Monarch, and spawn quickly via consuming corpses or hitting/killing enemies). It feels like you need to be doing a skill that naturally consumes corpses (e.g. volatile dead) to actually keep up such a ridiculous number of phantasms (the number gets over 60 w/ a 15 second duration if you're fully invested). The other options do nothing here.

Shimmeron is probably the best usable node after Dawnbreaker, but that's pretty squarely in the realm of hit-based. I've been considering Power Siphon mines, trying to see how it'd look after the nerfs to PS a few leagues ago. Charged Mines support did also catch a nerf in this patch, though. That said, it looks pretty easy to get to 100% crit chance / >700% crit multi with a few max power charges and a Marleyene's Fallacy. I haven't done much with it yet, but it might be an option. Still has the problem of "what do you take on the right side," since you're either going chain instead of pierce or trying to get all your damage to be something that benefits from Polaric (and freezing with PS mines seems iffy). It's worth noting that Shimmeron does not specify spells and could be used with attacks and (I think) damage from explosions.

I find myself in a somewhat similar position to last league, where I'm struggling to find 3 nodes that actually all synergize together and provide meaningful power to a build. It'd also help if they moved that dead node to after the first notable (so top and bottom have the extra passive), so you'd at least get something to use in the campaign. It really feels like they could just get rid of them altogether and just give Reliquarian all 4 wheels. So far, there hasn't been enough synergy that having all 4 would be problematic. I kind of wish they'd not give skills through ascendencies if they don't have a way of them being supportable.

---

I think the way they did mercs is a decent middle-ground. I'm not sure how practical the itemized mercs are going to be from the standpoint of being able to acquire a specific one your Luminary wants since it requires people to intentionally grab their warrants and list them (so ??? about supply for anything not meta). It's a nice option for people who want to invest into the merc without feeling like every build is forced into using one. Hopefully they did a more thorough balance pass on the mercs (looking at you, soulrend merc)...

---

There are a lot of interesting new corruptions, but I can't see most of those existing outside of uniques unless you have huge money to burn. The enshrouded uniques from legion are in a pretty similar boat. You need a useful mod from a unique to land on a good second (world drop) unique. These will almost certainly be weighted by tier, and a lot of the bottom tier uniques mods are going to land on will be absolutely trash tier still. I can see some useful things occasionally happening, like Thrillsteel moving perma Onslaught to some other helmet (like Crown of Eyes or Heatshiver), but the variance is probably so extreme that many good combinations will either not exist or be crazy expensive.

I don't really mind the synth stuff being deleted. Probably reflecting mist prices will be down (since they're individually weaker and maybe more common), but Hinekora Lock prices will be way up due to the corruption outcomes and greater need for them when reflecting if trying to hit high %s. It could be the case that even though mirrors give mists more often, there are fewer mirrors appearing on the side-atlas and fewer people engaging with them.

--

I dunno. As usual, I have no idea what to league start. Ignite-something, PS mines, and RF Chieftain are my leading options. Purifying Flame got buffed to pretty much the same numbers as Wave of Conviction, so it might be an option for an ignite spell (I've started WOC ignite twice and I don't want to do it again).

Andrew said he's not done working on some of the DoT spells balance, so maybe we'll see them and some new transfigs next week.
twitch.tv/cratonz
haitike
Profile Joined June 2009
Spain2744 Posts
July 17 2026 11:09 GMT
#35151
If they buff Chaos DoT next days, maybe I play Soulrend (I have the Dark Cats mtx) after a long time
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51549 Posts
July 18 2026 10:39 GMT
#35152
I don't know if I should go full dad gamer again and just rf chieftan myself too or maybe do same-same but different and go death's oath occultist.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
July 18 2026 23:59 GMT
#35153
I dunno, I feel like RF is a better time. From what I know, it ends up being mostly a Caustic Arrow + explosions build where Death's Oath is just kind of the third wheel, plus it's not as tanky. It's hard to beat Chieftain's low gear requirements for a league start.

It's kind of the same reason why I like the idea of a Reliquarian full taken as fire start, but you're not really going to be able to make the shift to full fire for at least a few days if not a week. There's so little affix pressure when you're already getting all your fire res from purity of fire + cloak of flame and you don't need lightning or cold.
twitch.tv/cratonz
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51549 Posts
July 20 2026 02:02 GMT
#35154
or maybe for once I'll be meta guy. its worbin time.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Espelz
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany833 Posts
July 21 2026 17:06 GMT
#35155
On July 18 2026 19:39 BLinD-RawR wrote:
I don't know if I should go full dad gamer again and just rf chieftan myself too or maybe do same-same but different and go death's oath occultist.


I mean, Toxic Sewers is back on the menu, so guess either should be fine :D
RF is always tempting to me, i always liked it. WORB WORB also seems almost too good, and freeze / herald explosions are so much fun. It just feels as if 60%+ of the playerbase might start ele and go WORB or something else, so gear might be more expensive. Or in abundant supply when it comes to average / decent gear when a million faster people sell off their old stuff
Guess either way that it makes shipments and fishing for herald buff effect tattoos good money again.

I did test run gorathas penances brand ignite for a bit at the end of last league, and theres also a holy flame totem build around that seems pretty nice. Could also transition that one later to flamewood totem delver, which i also kinda want to try at some point. Either one you can basically play "as your build" super early (first lab for ignite, ... lvl 4 ? for Holy Flame totem).

No idea how much dmg the "minions dont pause between attacks" fix end up being, but if its a lot, SRS might also be pretty nice again,
"Its not over till Fantasy gg´s" - Sayle
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2026-07-21 23:15:43
July 21 2026 23:05 GMT
#35156
The DoT skill update is out: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3985332#updates

I think the most interesting thing is the new keystones. The cold one feels like the best since it's pretty easy to chill cap on a hit build.

The fire one seems like the worst? A second ignite should be strong, but it drops the base duration all the way down from 4 seconds to 1 and comes with 25% less ignite damage. Considering one of the main ways of scaling ignite damage is through ignites deal damage faster, that much of a duration penalty probably prevents their use and ends up a net negative. Maybe there's some weird tech with building around super fast ignites a la Sadism, but it's a top side keystone.

The lightning one also seems decent. Lightning stuff usually has bad minimums anyway so it's not that much of a downside.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
July 22 2026 00:24 GMT
#35157
My mind is telling me to be conservative and go LA into specrum bow

But my body

My body is telling me flicker
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
July 22 2026 08:48 GMT
#35158
I feel kinda stupid for playing Soulrend last league.... Might have to do it again :D
haitike
Profile Joined June 2009
Spain2744 Posts
Last Edited: 2026-07-22 10:56:10
July 22 2026 10:53 GMT
#35159
With the buffs, I will also play Souldrend with the celestial cats haha, I´ve not played it in at least two years.

Souldrend of Reaping (Non DoT version, critical build) was even more hugely buffed, but I prefer classic DoT anyway. Any of you know if the Spiral version is worth it?
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
Last Edited: 2026-07-22 12:13:23
July 22 2026 11:57 GMT
#35160
I never swapped to Spiral because I couldn't sustain it, I don't think it's really leaguestart viable.

With good gear Spiral is clearly better because it can shot gun, If you can afford a Nimis it's not even funny. The issue is it costs MUCH more Mana and Mana was allready the biggest issue on my Occultist (CI-ES/Armour with Maxblock version), it was pretty annoying/noticeable against pinacle bosses and I never dropped my Manaflask due to it. Everything else went super smooth tho, I facetanked T16 Ultimatums on Alch+Go maps (The last few stages of Simulacrum weren't possible tho, the bosses just wouldn't die).
I didn't have the time to play till Mageblood+ currency so couldn't really solve the Mana issues (and probably would just have respecced into Fross anyway )

Soulrend of Reaping is also a totally diffrent build.
Prev 1 1756 1757 1758 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings86
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O158
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 194
ProTech29
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1013
ZZZero.O 163
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm206
League of Legends
Doublelift4715
JimRising 723
Counter-Strike
minikerr21
Other Games
summit1g10510
C9.Mang0321
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1160
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP127
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 7m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 7m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 7m
Replay Cast
22h 7m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.