• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:32
CEST 13:32
KST 20:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9144 users

TL Chess Match 4 - Page 127

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 125 126 127 128 129 140 Next
ffreakk
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore2155 Posts
December 08 2011 04:05 GMT
#2521
Personally i prefer
26.Rc1
putting our Rook into action feels more important than taking a pawn that we can take later anyway. Plus things doesn't look very bleak to my superficial outlook :3
Look. Only Forward. See. Only Victory.
hp.Shell
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2527 Posts
December 08 2011 04:24 GMT
#2522
26. Rb1
Please PM me with any songs you like that you think I haven't heard before!
HypertonicHydroponic
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
437 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-08 05:34:58
December 08 2011 05:15 GMT
#2523
I hope it is not too late to join in... I just remembered this thread today and saw how much it had progressed since the last time I looked. And... well, I was toying around with some knight moves for the last move which obviously wasn't (e4) but now that that's moot, I guess I'll have to reconsider the lines. From what I uh, "briefly" looked at during lunch I didn't like this move so I didn't explore it very deeply. Tbh, I think I see white playing for a draw at this point and hoping for a mistake. In any event, I'll chime in with my vote and maybe some analysis for the next move... when if the next deadline?

Edit: btw, someone mentioned not expecting c5... I was pretty convinced this would be the next move when another person even earlier mentioned fearing this move. In many of the lines I played out myself it put black in good position to win since the only real advantage white has right now is material. Busting open the center allows black to exploit the strength of the double bishops and the white king stuck in the corner which at this point is more of a danger than a refuge.
[P] The Watery Archives -- http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=279070
dtvu
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia687 Posts
December 08 2011 05:21 GMT
#2524
26. Rc1
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
December 08 2011 05:32 GMT
#2525
On December 08 2011 13:24 hp.Shell wrote:
26. Rb1
+ Show Spoiler +
26...RxR 27. NxR dxe4 and Black has gotten a pawn for free.

'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
GenesisX
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada4267 Posts
December 08 2011 06:17 GMT
#2526
+ Show Spoiler +
I don't see the problem with 26. exd5?
133 221 333 123 111
mastergriggy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1312 Posts
December 08 2011 06:25 GMT
#2527
I honestly feel like this game is lost for white, although I was one of the people who voted e4. Between working 50 hours a week, commuting back and fourth between towns twice a week, and skyrim, I ran out of time for chess I feel very bad now.
Write your own song!
ApocAlypsE007
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Israel1007 Posts
December 08 2011 07:11 GMT
#2528
Don't have the time to sit here on the move but for a glance Rc1 seem strong here. On the previous vote I did saw 25... c5 when I voted 25. e4 and I planned to follow up with 26. cxd5 but there was a hole in the analysis that I found only after the vote so I guess my bad...
I'm playing the game, the one that will take me to my end, i'm waiting for the rain, TO WASH-- WHO I AM!!!
Befree
Profile Joined April 2010
695 Posts
December 08 2011 07:35 GMT
#2529
I wish I had noticed this thread earlier. I'd like to sign up and cast my vote for this move still if its okay.

26. Rc1

+ Show Spoiler +
I think the potential threat to the king and both the bishops make it our best move. With his pawn coming to d4 and ours eventually going to d5, I think we'll be looking good.

I think we have a pretty good shot at winning, or at least a draw, still the way it looks. With Rc1, and our Knight/Bishop positions it looks to me like we're in a more powerful position.
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
December 08 2011 11:24 GMT
#2530
On December 08 2011 15:25 mastergriggy wrote:
I honestly feel like this game is lost for white, although I was one of the people who voted e4. Between working 50 hours a week, commuting back and fourth between towns twice a week, and skyrim, I ran out of time for chess I feel very bad now.
I don't understand all the pessimism. Suppose 26. dxe5. Where do you see the loss for White here? Give me a line.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-08 20:02:00
December 08 2011 11:30 GMT
#2531
In the meantime: I've been deciding between 26. Rc1 and 26. dxe5exd5. While I think that they have potential to transpose, I'm going to cast my vote for 26. dxe5exd5
+ Show Spoiler +
because of 26. Rc1 Bd6

edited for dyslexia (thanks, mastergriggy!)
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
loginn
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
France815 Posts
December 08 2011 12:54 GMT
#2532

This is how i see things going.

+ Show Spoiler +
26.Rc1-c4 which is really bad. We lose some more tempo or lose a pawn. His pawn is already passed so he doesn't need to take our pawn in d4 with it.

I don't like 26.dxe5 either. Afterwards we cannot do anything with our pawn anymore. It'll be stuck there forever until it dies.

I'm considering 26.Be3. What do you guys think ??


Stephano, Taking skill to the bank since IPL3. Also Lucifron and FBH
TheRidd
Profile Joined January 2011
713 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-08 13:32:34
December 08 2011 13:29 GMT
#2533
EDIT: -nvm-
TheRidd
Profile Joined January 2011
713 Posts
December 08 2011 13:48 GMT
#2534
On December 08 2011 21:54 loginn wrote:

This is how i see things going.

+ Show Spoiler +
26.Rc1-c4 which is really bad. We lose some more tempo or lose a pawn. His pawn is already passed so he doesn't need to take our pawn in d4 with it.

I don't like 26.dxe5 either. Afterwards we cannot do anything with our pawn anymore. It'll be stuck there forever until it dies.

I'm considering 26.Be3. What do you guys think ??




Well it will be 26.Be3 cxd4 right ?
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
December 08 2011 13:58 GMT
#2535
On December 08 2011 21:54 loginn wrote:

This is how i see things going.

+ Show Spoiler +
26.Rc1-c4 which is really bad. We lose some more tempo or lose a pawn. His pawn is already passed so he doesn't need to take our pawn in d4 with it.

I don't like 26.dxe5 either. Afterwards we cannot do anything with our pawn anymore. It'll be stuck there forever until it dies.

I'm considering 26.Be3. What do you guys think ??


As I said above, I'm leaning against 26. Rc1 for a different reason + Show Spoiler +
26...Bd6
but in your line (which could easily transpose with 26. dxe5), I don't see what's wrong with + Show Spoiler +
26. Rc1 c4 27. dxe5


As for 26. Be3?, TheRidd has already addressed the problem with that.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
mastergriggy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1312 Posts
December 08 2011 16:59 GMT
#2536
On December 08 2011 20:24 qrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 15:25 mastergriggy wrote:
I honestly feel like this game is lost for white, although I was one of the people who voted e4. Between working 50 hours a week, commuting back and fourth between towns twice a week, and skyrim, I ran out of time for chess I feel very bad now.
I don't understand all the pessimism. Suppose 26. dxe5. Where do you see the loss for White here? Give me a line.


+ Show Spoiler +
Here is the line I see, 26. exd5 (I'm assuming this is what you meant) cxd4 27. Ne4 Bd3 28. Ng3 Bd6 is what I got so far. Black recovers both of his pawns and has a much better passed pawn than white. At worse I give an advantage to black. I'm looking over other variations to the line right now, and I will post them later.
Write your own song!
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
December 08 2011 20:38 GMT
#2537
On December 09 2011 01:59 mastergriggy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 20:24 qrs wrote:
On December 08 2011 15:25 mastergriggy wrote:
I honestly feel like this game is lost for white, although I was one of the people who voted e4. Between working 50 hours a week, commuting back and fourth between towns twice a week, and skyrim, I ran out of time for chess I feel very bad now.
I don't understand all the pessimism. Suppose 26. dxe5. Where do you see the loss for White here? Give me a line.


+ Show Spoiler +
Here is the line I see, 26. exd5 (I'm assuming this is what you meant) cxd4 27. Ne4 Bd3 28. Ng3 Bd6 is what I got so far. Black recovers both of his pawns and has a much better passed pawn than white. At worse I give an advantage to black. I'm looking over other variations to the line right now, and I will post them later.
Thanks for the correction--yes, exd5 is what I meant.
+ Show Spoiler +
I'm not sure what the goal behind Ne4 is--as your line shows, the Knight can be chased away without accomplishing very much. My mainline here is 27. Rc1, preventing 28...Bc5 (more robustly than 27. Ne4 does), threatening various pins and forks like Rc7+ or Rc6, and generally getting our Rook out of his defensive niche into an active position.

If 27....Bd6, I think we're fine playing 28. BxB.
If 27. Bxa3, we can play 28. Rc7+, which is interesting.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Mash2
Profile Joined February 2011
United States132 Posts
December 08 2011 20:50 GMT
#2538
exd5
"Quite often the flood of history is undammed or diverted by the character and actions of one man." - Pat Frank, "Alas, Babylon"
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-08 20:57:45
December 08 2011 20:51 GMT
#2539
On December 09 2011 05:50 Mash2 wrote:
exd5


Why?

On December 09 2011 01:59 mastergriggy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 20:24 qrs wrote:
On December 08 2011 15:25 mastergriggy wrote:
I honestly feel like this game is lost for white, although I was one of the people who voted e4. Between working 50 hours a week, commuting back and fourth between towns twice a week, and skyrim, I ran out of time for chess I feel very bad now.
I don't understand all the pessimism. Suppose 26. dxe5. Where do you see the loss for White here? Give me a line.


+ Show Spoiler +
Here is the line I see, 26. exd5 (I'm assuming this is what you meant) cxd4 27. Ne4 Bd3 28. Ng3 Bd6 is what I got so far. Black recovers both of his pawns and has a much better passed pawn than white. At worse I give an advantage to black. I'm looking over other variations to the line right now, and I will post them later.



I don't see how we can avoid the line mastergriggy has written here, therefore I am hesitant to play 26. exd5.

I'm not sure what move to vote atm, but at the very least I know that I will also vote to
Offer Draw
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
hp.Shell
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2527 Posts
December 08 2011 21:03 GMT
#2540
Switching to
Rc1
after further review.
Please PM me with any songs you like that you think I haven't heard before!
Prev 1 125 126 127 128 129 140 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko357
SpeCial 109
ProTech108
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16180
firebathero 1888
Bisu 1148
Hyuk 717
Horang2 573
BeSt 287
Larva 227
Mini 212
Light 169
EffOrt 168
[ Show more ]
Soma 137
Leta 95
ZerO 84
Mong 81
Barracks 81
Rush 70
Killer 54
Pusan 50
Snow 48
ToSsGirL 41
Sharp 35
Shinee 34
Mind 33
NaDa 30
Aegong 28
zelot 27
Sexy 25
Bale 21
sorry 20
Sacsri 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Noble 12
JulyZerg 10
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
XaKoH 358
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss890
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1111
Khaldor1055
Other Games
gofns33880
singsing2021
olofmeister1527
B2W.Neo259
Livibee106
Mew2King83
ArmadaUGS41
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream213
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH145
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 28m
OSC
10h 28m
CranKy Ducklings
22h 28m
Online Event
23h 28m
FEL
1d 4h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.