• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:26
CEST 19:26
KST 02:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9592 users

TL Chess Match 4 - Page 124

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 140 Next
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
November 25 2011 00:29 GMT
#2461
And as a side question. Has anyone played Alice - Madness Returns? I'm fed up with horror games or games based on pure brutality, executions and shit, but that one game looks like it could be cool.

If anyone tried it I would appreciate if you wrote me a PM whether you thought it was worth or not.

Cheers.
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
November 25 2011 03:03 GMT
#2462
On November 25 2011 09:11 Ng5 wrote:
Show nested quote +
MrProphylactic wrote:
On another note, for what it i worth I apologize for my part in creating a distraction from the purpose of this social experiment . As a chess lover I do respect and appreciate what you are doing here NG5 . But it seems some here still lack the objectivity to see their part in what happened ; anyway I will disapear back into the ether once again while viewing this experiment from the sidelines .


That's not an apology, and one is not needed. For once you could try to think of me as a different person as you are and read what I actually write.

I don't want apologies or crap. It's not needed between friends, they can just come back after an argument and be natural like friends are supposed to be. (Which is hard to imagine in some cultures...)

And as much as I think humankind is retarded and I wouldn't want anyone to think I am similar to you - every chess player is my friend. As hard it is to believe for once.

Just as ever LoL or WoW player, or anyone I meet. It doesn't need to mean I like them. Or that I want to group with them.

Anyway. It's been a while I replied to stuff in this thread actively so let me see what's up on the last two pages.


Honestly I really care little what you want, I apologized for myself . It is called objectivity and growth .
I cannot help but think you are trying so so so hard to come across a certain way, and it seems so very contrived and psuedo-spawned. All I can do is laugh . No time for drama . Have fun creating all you want .Either take what I said at face value or don't, but please do not put your own issues into my posts. It was failry simple and straightforward. I swear not much chnges here
"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
November 25 2011 03:56 GMT
#2463
On November 25 2011 09:20 Ng5 wrote:
Bxc7 was a reasonable possibility, but I feel there's a lot of inaccuracies here. I will try to explain.

Basically endgames are far easier or far harder than how I see you thinking about it.

The easy part is - you have to make decisions. Whether you want to win or draw.

The hard part is - realize the nuances in the position that tells the two from each other.

Bxc7 in my opinion could not be as 'tryhard' as one should want it to be if it's about winning. Rc1 also had a small problem to it and we'll see how Nd2 will end up now.

The problem is not that. The problem I see is not the particular lines. I'm pretty sure that you see a lot of good moves, and good lines. The problem I think is - you don't take five steps back to look at the picture from a distance.

You try to build from the branches and not from the roots.

It's endgame, and this is so even in middle game, and as such stems from the opening. You look at the position and answer - yes I want to win. And then you look at the position and answer - what combination of pieces do give me chances to win? What can and what can't I exchange. Is the current composition of material/pieces winning for me? If there's an exchange what does it change in total. Would it be better for me if I had one or two less rooks in general? Is the answer the same in both cases? Would I want to exchange the knight for the bishop? Etc.

There's a lot of particular exceptions when you lay these down. Exact lines that can make opposite coloured bishops still not a draw, or the side with three pawns up still losing, etc. I had lines where I would sac an exchange and three or four pawns and still win in a queenless position.

But in my opinion you are skipping these very important first step. Because once you answer those questions you could always have something to try and fall back on if you are out of ammunition. Some logic that you could try putting holes in or empower reasons for.

Just a few thoughts, I hope it does help you guys having a different perspective on some things. I can't be a lot more particular for the sake of the game, but I felt like telling you.
I really don't think we can meaningfully comment on each other's thought processes when we can't see them.

As for your assessment of the moves we were thinking about, mine was similar to yours: Bxc7 let us keep our advantage safely, but we were playing for a win and I was hoping we could find something a bit better. In Nd2, I thought that we'd found it, but, as I mentioned, I missed a key move in one line that changed the whole position, putting us from the offense back onto the defense. Oh well, we'll see what happens.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
liberal
Profile Joined November 2011
1116 Posts
November 25 2011 08:06 GMT
#2464
fxe3
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
November 25 2011 10:52 GMT
#2465
That's just what I see Qrs, from being fine with exchanging a pair of rooks and setting up the position as it is. If the shoe doesn't fit that's it, but I think even if it's not true for you in particular it probably is for many, and it could put things in a different perspective and improve endgame - and general chess - thinking.

General assessment (did I write that right?) of a position is very important and the most subjective part in chess and that is why grandmasters spend so much time even on seemingly easy moves when the 'meat' of the game starts.

I think that my post gave chance to a different approach and richer arguments for you guys, but I could be wrong.
ApocAlypsE007
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Israel1007 Posts
November 25 2011 23:12 GMT
#2466
Searched for in-between move, didn't find any. It will be fxe3 to open up the back rank and as Bxe3 is putting the bishop in worse position.
I'm playing the game, the one that will take me to my end, i'm waiting for the rain, TO WASH-- WHO I AM!!!
hype[NZ]
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Japan412 Posts
November 26 2011 00:54 GMT
#2467
24.Bxe3

+ Show Spoiler +
Why is fxe3 better than Bxe3? -_-

Since I played b4 my plan has been to win 3v2 on the kingside, but fxe3 just gives up our 3 connected pawns and then I don't really see what our plan is.
wizard944
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
194 Posts
November 26 2011 04:50 GMT
#2468
24. Bxe3
Kassar DeTemplari
Mash2
Profile Joined February 2011
United States132 Posts
November 26 2011 06:41 GMT
#2469
Bxe3

"Quite often the flood of history is undammed or diverted by the character and actions of one man." - Pat Frank, "Alas, Babylon"
itsjustatank
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Hong Kong9179 Posts
November 26 2011 16:24 GMT
#2470
24. Bxe3
Photographer"nosotros estamos backamos" - setsuko
chesshaha
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1117 Posts
November 26 2011 16:30 GMT
#2471
24. fxe

+ Show Spoiler +
I like the bishop's place, and I like to keep it there.
"Hopefully you're not the real TLO so it's not casted" - SpecialK
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
November 26 2011 18:49 GMT
#2472
24.fxe3
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
loginn
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
France815 Posts
November 27 2011 19:09 GMT
#2473
24. fxe
Stephano, Taking skill to the bank since IPL3. Also Lucifron and FBH
aphorism
Profile Joined February 2011
United States226 Posts
November 27 2011 19:13 GMT
#2474
24. fxe
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
November 28 2011 01:06 GMT
#2475
Deadline is over.

It was yesterday but I was not at home.

Will post my move tomorrow or the day after. All in all within the three day limit.

Cheers.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
December 01 2011 05:18 GMT
#2476
I did not disappear, but I ask for a timeout till Friday. Too much things at my hand.

I will send a reminder to everyone once the move is made.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
December 03 2011 01:22 GMT
#2477
Move posted, things updated. Sending reminders.

Next round is here.
liberal
Profile Joined November 2011
1116 Posts
December 03 2011 01:33 GMT
#2478
lol our knight moved to d2 just to get attacked.

Actually e4 looks like an interesting move. Defends the knight, prepares to trade our backwards pawn with a central pawn.

I vote e4.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-03 01:51:40
December 03 2011 01:51 GMT
#2479
24.e4
Looks tasty.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Malli
Profile Joined September 2005
Germany138 Posts
December 03 2011 02:02 GMT
#2480
24. e4
gg no re
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 140 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 684
IntoTheiNu 623
SteadfastSC492
Rex99
CosmosSc2 60
EnkiAlexander 51
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 492
Rex 99
UpATreeSC 96
CosmosSc2 60
BRAT_OK 43
Codebar 13
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40474
Jaedong 1430
Hyuk 757
Soma 751
Mini 475
BeSt 459
Larva 368
Rush 304
Soulkey 256
ZerO 236
[ Show more ]
Snow 170
hero 101
Dewaltoss 94
Liquid`Ret 58
Mind 43
sorry 30
yabsab 29
Killer 26
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 19
Rock 19
Terrorterran 17
Trap 16
Dota 2
qojqva1291
Dendi785
Counter-Strike
Fnx 747
x6flipin271
fl0m70
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3445
crisheroes2327
Khaldor1777
Liquid`Hasu450
Other Games
ArmadaUGS1692
byalli464
B2W.Neo376
ceh9370
KnowMe120
QueenE83
Trikslyr35
Chillindude23
Railgan21
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 9
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3473
League of Legends
• TFBlade1055
Other Games
• imaqtpie719
• Shiphtur330
• WagamamaTV226
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 34m
OSC
19h 34m
Stellar Fest
19h 34m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.