• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:10
CEST 11:10
KST 18:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6745 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 403

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 401 402 403 404 405 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-25 11:53:43
February 25 2014 11:51 GMT
#8041
http://esgntv.com/tv/main/main.php

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsDvohEBh8

Afterhours VOD with Tasteless is up (:
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
February 25 2014 19:14 GMT
#8042
So I've been grinding specials in training mode since I got the stick. I've found a grip I like but damn both the arms and fingers kind of hurt after a session, I assume I will train that away/get used to it and am hoping I'm not doing it wrong. I never realized how fast you have to do some combos. Most of the time I can't land the Sagat HK into DP, have to learn to do the DP faster I guess >_>

Gootecks in G&MR show claiming a top 3 SFIV moment happens this season in FN, looking forward to it

A question for Torte: Yesterday when I was looking at the esgntv schedule thingie to the left, it said season 3 of SF FN starting next monday. Is it really coming that fast? Not complaining if it is :D
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
February 25 2014 20:23 GMT
#8043
On February 26 2014 04:14 kuresuti wrote:
So I've been grinding specials in training mode since I got the stick. I've found a grip I like but damn both the arms and fingers kind of hurt after a session, I assume I will train that away/get used to it and am hoping I'm not doing it wrong. I never realized how fast you have to do some combos. Most of the time I can't land the Sagat HK into DP, have to learn to do the DP faster I guess >_>


If you mean just canceling standing HK into DP, you have to cancel before the second hit of the HK comes out, since that's the only part of the move that's cancelable. And yeah you have to do it pretty fast.

If you mean kara-canceling the forward+HK into DP, the f+HK wouldn't come out at all, the DP just gets extra range.

If you mean juggling the forward+HK into DP, that only works with EX DP (I believe only in the corner) and Ultra (anywhere). Remember they have to be airborne.
Moderator
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
February 25 2014 20:30 GMT
#8044
On February 26 2014 05:23 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2014 04:14 kuresuti wrote:
So I've been grinding specials in training mode since I got the stick. I've found a grip I like but damn both the arms and fingers kind of hurt after a session, I assume I will train that away/get used to it and am hoping I'm not doing it wrong. I never realized how fast you have to do some combos. Most of the time I can't land the Sagat HK into DP, have to learn to do the DP faster I guess >_>


If you mean just canceling standing HK into DP, you have to cancel before the second hit of the HK comes out, since that's the only part of the move that's cancelable. And yeah you have to do it pretty fast.

If you mean kara-canceling the forward+HK into DP, the f+HK wouldn't come out at all, the DP just gets extra range.

If you mean juggling the forward+HK into DP, that only works with EX DP (I believe only in the corner) and Ultra (anywhere). Remember they have to be airborne.


I know how to do it. I can do it using a pad, but it just won't come out with the stick. Not yet...
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
February 25 2014 21:21 GMT
#8045
Fantastic set!!! I won't spoil the results for those who didn't see, just go watch the VODs.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
February 25 2014 21:24 GMT
#8046
Agreed. Best match so far by a longshot.
+ Show Spoiler [Episode spoiler] +
Last season Tokido crushed Alioune. I wonder if Alioune made adjustments or if Infiltrations playstyle just suits him better.
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
February 25 2014 22:12 GMT
#8047
Check out this extended interview with Gootecks and Mike "Rosstradamus" Ross.

+ Show Spoiler +
I loved every second.

Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
February 26 2014 09:24 GMT
#8048
Hey, are there any popular shows for Street Fighter? I know Topanga has consistent context, Mike Ross/Gootecks and UltraChenTV usually.

Is there anything else?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-26 09:53:31
February 26 2014 09:53 GMT
#8049
So when is Ultra supposed to come out? And are we gonna make a new thread or just post.. like redo this thread?
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
February 26 2014 10:45 GMT
#8050
Gotta say I love the S2 production. In S1 everything was so cheesy and I thought it's just because it's an "esports" show about FGC and those don't mix well. But in S2 I actually really like how slick and professional everything looks. Very enjoyable. My only problem is the tempo - Goo and Mike have to talk about stuff very fast, there are constant cuts, and interviews while the game is played still seem like a ridiculous idea.
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
February 26 2014 10:55 GMT
#8051
On February 26 2014 18:53 MarlieChurphy wrote:
So when is Ultra supposed to come out? And are we gonna make a new thread or just post.. like redo this thread?


There should just be a "Street Fighter" thread tbh. Seems like 99% plays the latest version anyway.
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
February 26 2014 12:54 GMT
#8052
i think this thread will last forever :D
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
February 26 2014 17:08 GMT
#8053
The only issue I have with S2 so far is mid-game interviews. Especially painful when something hype happens or someone goes from 60% to 0 in a few seconds due to a sick run.

Other than that, great so far. Can't wait to see more after-hours too lol
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
February 26 2014 23:00 GMT
#8054
Changing to a new thread would be admitting defeat to the Capcom overlords by treating ultra as a new game.
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
Looms
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4624 Posts
February 27 2014 05:29 GMT
#8055
Wednesday Night Fights should be pretty good tonight. Tons of top competition in town for SCR and they already have 100+ entrants for an AE weekly. Gamerbee, Wao, Michael Tan, Chris G, most of the socal regulars and players from out of town too. Starting soon...
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
February 27 2014 10:13 GMT
#8056
I heard that people who have SSF4AE w/ GFWL will have the opportunity to transfer their game to Steam, is this true? I know the GFWL servers are being shutdown.

If true, does anyone know when or how this will happen.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
February 27 2014 10:28 GMT
#8057
WNF tournament it's being really fun, SCR gonna be awesome
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
February 27 2014 13:10 GMT
#8058
Michael Tan is so hype. That guy's got nerves of steel.
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
February 27 2014 13:16 GMT
#8059
I hope Wao really was sandbagging and we'll get a better showing out of him at SCR.
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
February 27 2014 15:50 GMT
#8060
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Prev 1 401 402 403 404 405 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2543
Leta 1274
actioN 543
BeSt 381
Mong 161
Killer 123
Dewaltoss 109
sorry 77
Larva 56
sSak 45
[ Show more ]
Bale 32
ZergMaN 31
ToSsGirL 31
Aegong 28
NotJumperer 21
yabsab 15
HiyA 12
Noble 10
Counter-Strike
byalli626
Other Games
summit1g9652
olofmeister1039
Happy297
Sick198
crisheroes189
Pyrionflax131
KnowMe108
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick706
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos949
• Stunt428
Other Games
• WagamamaTV124
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
50m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1h 50m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 50m
Replay Cast
13h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.