• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:01
CEST 14:01
KST 21:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9289 users

TL Dwarf Fortress Succession Game - Page 13

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 17 Next All
omgCRAZY
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada551 Posts
June 17 2011 11:59 GMT
#241
Is someone playing the save now? When will the next installment be up?
THIS NEEDS FACE!
RandomAccount#49059
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2140 Posts
June 17 2011 13:31 GMT
#242
--- Nuked ---
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
June 17 2011 16:31 GMT
#243
On June 17 2011 08:53 stormtemplar wrote:
Question. How do I move cages around? I want to have a gladiatorial battle in my honor.

Cages can be both empty, filled with one prisoner, or many. They can also be free, or constructed in place. I guess yours are free since you got prisoners in them, probably from cage traps. Either works, just different techniques.

Free cages are placed in animal stockpiles, and using the method below, with a grid of hatches over holes in the middle of the stockpile, you can easily dump them straight down into the holes, with no danger apart from thieves escaping. Don´t forget the hatches though. Free cages are also much quicker to transport, and using this method, can quickly throw them all into the arena.

The slower method involve constructed cages. Construct the relevant cages in the arena, they are often named "Goblin Cage", etc, and then link them to a lever through mechanisms. When the lever is pulled, the cage is deconstructed and emptied, with no danger of thieves escaping. That can however happen if you move all the prisoners to one cage, because they might escape while being moved. That method is better for reducing the number of cages you need to link up to your levers though, but I suggest you only use it for tame animals, not hostile prisoners, so for the 50 dogs you send on the goblins.

Always keep soldiers nearby when pitting thieves or moving hostiles between cages. Beware that if many are moved at the same time, one free might spook your dorfs to release their own prisoners.

The free cage method is described below.
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Mass_pitting
:3
RandomAccount#49059
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2140 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-17 19:01:25
June 17 2011 18:54 GMT
#244
--- Nuked ---
omgCRAZY
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada551 Posts
June 17 2011 20:56 GMT
#245
On June 18 2011 03:54 stormtemplar wrote:
So far I've lost 4 dwarfs. 1 died of thirst for no reason in the middle of a major hallway. 1 died to a kobald theif, and the other two died to to my mistake in construction.


NOOOOOOOO! I was halfway done and the game quit. I didn't save ):


I have lost 2 dwarfs so far. One was a cook who got ambushed by a party of goblins who payed dearly for it. The second was my captain of the guard (I had assigned him the position less that 2 minutes ago) and one of my hammerdwarfs went on a tantrum killing two animals and my captain of the guard. I did not set up the scheduling right so he was on patrol constantly and his pet died and I was still in the process of building a memorial hall.
THIS NEEDS FACE!
RandomAccount#49059
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2140 Posts
June 18 2011 07:13 GMT
#246
--- Nuked ---
Ulfsark
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States958 Posts
June 18 2011 19:38 GMT
#247
Nice write up! I think if you make thread from a farmers workshop it helps against infection as you can seal the wounds.
gg wp
omgCRAZY
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada551 Posts
June 19 2011 03:11 GMT
#248
How far along is the next person?
THIS NEEDS FACE!
dellwon
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States31 Posts
June 19 2011 05:12 GMT
#249
On June 19 2011 12:11 omgCRAZY wrote:
How far along is the next person?


I don't think anyone has started. I can pick it up on monday if no one does before then.
RandomAccount#49059
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2140 Posts
June 19 2011 06:04 GMT
#250
--- Nuked ---
omgCRAZY
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada551 Posts
June 19 2011 09:11 GMT
#251
On June 19 2011 15:04 stormtemplar wrote:
Hey all, I just wanted to say sorry for not finishing the year. I was up late and I had a full two months left. Also alak you should be happy. You were killed in the save I lost. You led the charge against a FIFTH forgotten beast, one made of fire, fought it in an epic battle, with dwarfs and fire everywhere, killed it, took a few steps away and succumbed to your wounds.


An honorable death.
THIS NEEDS FACE!
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-20 03:40:34
June 20 2011 03:24 GMT
#252
I've updated the OP. If ArcticVanguard doesn't post within 24 hours of the last savepost, the save will be up for grabs.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Brambled
Profile Joined July 2010
United States750 Posts
June 20 2011 21:38 GMT
#253
Don"t let this fortress die! I used this to learn how to make my fort work so keep it going.
Pobearo
Profile Joined August 2009
United States351 Posts
June 21 2011 01:35 GMT
#254
I don't play DF but I have to say this was an incredibly entertaining thread. Loved the various writing styles and humor. Looking forward to reading more!
dellwon
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States31 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-21 02:43:46
June 21 2011 02:43 GMT
#255
On June 20 2011 12:24 tnkted wrote:
I've updated the OP. If ArcticVanguard doesn't post within 24 hours of the last savepost, the save will be up for grabs.


I'm going to pick up the save. This place is a fucking mess...

EDIT: Do you want me to impose some sort of population cap on the game while i play? We're at 193.
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
June 21 2011 02:47 GMT
#256
No, let it play out normally. the population caps at 200 anyway.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
RandomAccount#49059
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2140 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-21 05:14:28
June 21 2011 05:03 GMT
#257
--- Nuked ---
dellwon
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States31 Posts
June 21 2011 15:00 GMT
#258
On June 21 2011 11:47 tnkted wrote:
No, let it play out normally. the population caps at 200 anyway.


Right now I have LNP set to 500 for pop cap. I'll put it back down to 200 if you want.

On June 21 2011 14:03 stormtemplar wrote:
It didn't for me. Immigrants didn't come but babies kept being born after 200. I had a pop cap set too.

Also a funny story for you. That part where I wrote siege while talking about rocks? The siege actually came AS I WROTE about rocks and bordom.


I think the population cap is for migrants. There is a different cap for children born in the fort.

IIRC: you can set your cap to like 15 and then grow only through dwarf reproduction.
dellwon
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States31 Posts
June 22 2011 04:25 GMT
#259
The game crashed so this wont be in the official report, but I wanted to share with you all how baller our kittens are...

[image loading]
Pangolin
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1035 Posts
June 22 2011 06:25 GMT
#260
Are game crashes really that common in this game? Seems like half the people that play lose a save before the end of their year...
It's easier not to.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1181
WardiTV490
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 9680
StarCastTV_EN242
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko451
ProTech133
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 17497
Bisu 3920
Jaedong 2939
EffOrt 1091
BeSt 968
ZerO 512
Horang2 416
actioN 270
Larva 207
Zeus 193
[ Show more ]
Pusan 175
Yoon 121
Mind 110
Barracks 109
Hyun 100
ggaemo 77
Killer 53
Snow 48
Sharp 41
Shinee 40
scan(afreeca) 37
NotJumperer 33
Bale 31
ToSsGirL 29
Hm[arnc] 23
Terrorterran 21
Sacsri 19
Mini 13
zelot 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Noble 7
sorry 5
Dota 2
Dendi1020
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1449
byalli740
markeloff87
Other Games
crisheroes314
DeMusliM200
Pyrionflax194
B2W.Neo141
dupreeh114
Mew2King65
QueenE45
Livibee44
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 115
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV636
League of Legends
• Jankos1288
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 59m
Patches Events
1d 3h
The PondCast
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.