• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:54
CEST 09:54
KST 16:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8938 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 180

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 178 179 180 181 182 698 Next
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
July 18 2012 18:02 GMT
#3581
I don't know anything about the Thief games. Arethey any good ?
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
July 18 2012 18:04 GMT
#3582
apparently saints row 3 is only available in a cut version here in germany. anyone knows if it works when someone trades me the international version?
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
lilwisper
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2515 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-18 18:05:37
July 18 2012 18:05 GMT
#3583
@ Noocta: Think medieval Splinter Cell (the old Splinter Cell games).
gruff
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden2276 Posts
July 18 2012 18:05 GMT
#3584
What about the Total War pack? Is it worth the whole thing (I don't own any of them) or should I pick the best one, and if so which?
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
July 18 2012 18:06 GMT
#3585
On July 19 2012 03:02 Noocta wrote:
I don't know anything about the Thief games. Arethey any good ?


They are ego-sneakers. If you played Deus Ex and enjoyed the non-violent/sneaky parts you will enjoy the Thief series. I'm pretty sure the graphics on 1+2 will feel highly outdated, I'll try and dig out mods for that once I play them.

I dno, I just love the whole stealthy sneaking gameplay and the thief series was the only one to ever get that across properly.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
lilwisper
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2515 Posts
July 18 2012 18:07 GMT
#3586
On July 19 2012 03:05 gruff wrote:
What about the Total War pack? Is it worth the whole thing (I don't own any of them) or should I pick the best one, and if so which?


Many folks suggest that if you don't want the whole pack (they are all really good mind you), get the time period that you enjoy the most.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
July 18 2012 18:07 GMT
#3587
On July 19 2012 03:06 r.Evo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2012 03:02 Noocta wrote:
I don't know anything about the Thief games. Arethey any good ?


They are ego-sneakers. If you played Deus Ex and enjoyed the non-violent/sneaky parts you will enjoy the Thief series. I'm pretty sure the graphics on 1+2 will feel highly outdated, I'll try and dig out mods for that once I play them.

I dno, I just love the whole stealthy sneaking gameplay and the thief series was the only one to ever get that across properly.


So.. you would recommend buying the whole pack or only the last one ?
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
July 18 2012 18:08 GMT
#3588
On July 19 2012 03:05 gruff wrote:
What about the Total War pack? Is it worth the whole thing (I don't own any of them) or should I pick the best one, and if so which?


Most fans of the series I know favorize Rome and Medieval 2. Empire/Napoleon makes gameplay a bit weird because of gunpowder units and shogun doesn't have the biggest variety in units.

Whatever you do, make sure to pick up the corresponding Darthmod right from the start, those are by far the best and biggest mods for the series which improve upon AI, graphic and general issues the games had.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
lilwisper
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2515 Posts
July 18 2012 18:09 GMT
#3589
On July 19 2012 03:07 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2012 03:06 r.Evo wrote:
On July 19 2012 03:02 Noocta wrote:
I don't know anything about the Thief games. Arethey any good ?


They are ego-sneakers. If you played Deus Ex and enjoyed the non-violent/sneaky parts you will enjoy the Thief series. I'm pretty sure the graphics on 1+2 will feel highly outdated, I'll try and dig out mods for that once I play them.

I dno, I just love the whole stealthy sneaking gameplay and the thief series was the only one to ever get that across properly.


So.. you would recommend buying the whole pack or only the last one ?


Get them all. Outdated graphics shouldn't deter you from an otherwise great series. Also if I'm not mistaken the story makes more sense if you have all 3?
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-18 18:10:43
July 18 2012 18:09 GMT
#3590
On July 19 2012 03:07 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2012 03:06 r.Evo wrote:
On July 19 2012 03:02 Noocta wrote:
I don't know anything about the Thief games. Arethey any good ?


They are ego-sneakers. If you played Deus Ex and enjoyed the non-violent/sneaky parts you will enjoy the Thief series. I'm pretty sure the graphics on 1+2 will feel highly outdated, I'll try and dig out mods for that once I play them.

I dno, I just love the whole stealthy sneaking gameplay and the thief series was the only one to ever get that across properly.


So.. you would recommend buying the whole pack or only the last one ?


#2 was my favorite of the entire series and one of my favorite games ever. #1 might be really TOO outdated in terms of graphics. #3 is also a great game but - besides graphics and some UI improvements - doesn't beat #2 imo.

Edit: Whatever you do, if you like those types of games #2 is a must imo.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9593 Posts
July 18 2012 18:09 GMT
#3591
On July 19 2012 03:05 gruff wrote:
What about the Total War pack? Is it worth the whole thing (I don't own any of them) or should I pick the best one, and if so which?


I'd suggest Rome & Medieval II. They have dedicated community support & mods @ twcenter.net
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
gruff
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden2276 Posts
July 18 2012 18:15 GMT
#3592
Thanks guys, I'll think about it.
flavorless
Profile Joined August 2010
United States59 Posts
July 18 2012 18:25 GMT
#3593
Do you think it's worth it to get the entire Carpe Fulger collection? I'll probably get Recettear either way.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" — Isaac Asimov
Elegance
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada917 Posts
July 18 2012 18:31 GMT
#3594
is deadspace 2 any good?
Power of Ze
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-18 18:54:58
July 18 2012 18:54 GMT
#3595
On July 19 2012 03:31 Elegance wrote:
is deadspace 2 any good?


deadspace 1 is better. If you dont have that, buy that first. Graphics are smiliar anyways because of console limitations.
EpiK
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)5757 Posts
July 18 2012 18:57 GMT
#3596
On July 19 2012 03:07 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2012 03:06 r.Evo wrote:
On July 19 2012 03:02 Noocta wrote:
I don't know anything about the Thief games. Arethey any good ?


They are ego-sneakers. If you played Deus Ex and enjoyed the non-violent/sneaky parts you will enjoy the Thief series. I'm pretty sure the graphics on 1+2 will feel highly outdated, I'll try and dig out mods for that once I play them.

I dno, I just love the whole stealthy sneaking gameplay and the thief series was the only one to ever get that across properly.


So.. you would recommend buying the whole pack or only the last one ?

i'd buy the whole pack. It really is a steal and first one is the best imo.
0x64
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Finland4647 Posts
July 18 2012 18:57 GMT
#3597
Insanely twisted shadow planet seems cool after 10 minute of play. Very good controls with dual sticks...
Dump of assembler code from 0xffffffec to 0x64: End of assembler dump.
DongLongJohnson
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany143 Posts
July 18 2012 18:58 GMT
#3598
On July 19 2012 03:31 Elegance wrote:
is deadspace 2 any good?


Not as good as DeadSpace 1. Buy the first one if you not already played it.
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
July 18 2012 19:00 GMT
#3599
On July 19 2012 03:57 EpiK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2012 03:07 Noocta wrote:
On July 19 2012 03:06 r.Evo wrote:
On July 19 2012 03:02 Noocta wrote:
I don't know anything about the Thief games. Arethey any good ?


They are ego-sneakers. If you played Deus Ex and enjoyed the non-violent/sneaky parts you will enjoy the Thief series. I'm pretty sure the graphics on 1+2 will feel highly outdated, I'll try and dig out mods for that once I play them.

I dno, I just love the whole stealthy sneaking gameplay and the thief series was the only one to ever get that across properly.


So.. you would recommend buying the whole pack or only the last one ?

i'd buy the whole pack. It really is a steal and first one is the best imo.


Haven't played the third. The second is one of my favorite games ever, first is great too. It caters to pretty specific tastes i think but I couldn't get enough.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
July 18 2012 19:07 GMT
#3600
Just found this page on gog about mods for thief 1+2, these sound pretty solid:
http://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_thief_gold_and_thief_ii_the_metal_age
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Prev 1 178 179 180 181 182 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1379
BeSt 305
Soulkey 204
Soma 188
sorry 122
Mind 71
Bale 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
League of Legends
JimRising 651
Counter-Strike
edward214
Other Games
summit1g9039
Coldzera 698
WinterStarcraft698
C9.Mang0248
Sick216
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick712
BasetradeTV188
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2200
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 7m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 7m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 7m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.