• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:17
CEST 09:17
KST 16:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8803 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 168

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 698 Next
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
July 17 2012 10:04 GMT
#3341
i didnt even finish DS1 and in that game you have big scary guns, no way i ever play amnesia :D
Jakatak_
Profile Joined October 2010
United States117 Posts
July 17 2012 10:09 GMT
#3342
On July 17 2012 18:58 freestalker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 16:05 Storchen wrote:
I bought Dead Space 2 for 7.99€ yesterday. MAN that shit is scary as hell.

1. Get Amnesia: The Dark Descent
2. Close curtains, turn off light, put on earphones, be alone, set brightness to minimum.
3. Play and.... meet the true fear.

It's also even cheaper than DS2!

(I also agree this might be a personal preference, I like more games where you get 'atmospheric' fear rather than 'oh god something big and ugly appeared and I need to shoot its head off')

Many people said Amnesia is more scary than DS. If you haven't played it before and like scary stuff, give it a try (I bought it yesterday, didn't play it before, played Penumbra from the same authors and watched day9 play Amnesia. I want to wait some time so I forget the details about the play through )



What did you think of Penumbra? Is it scarier than Amnesia? I got the collectors edition of Penumbra.
I am not the hotkey/reddit/help noobs jakatak.
Mithriel
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands2969 Posts
July 17 2012 10:36 GMT
#3343
On July 17 2012 17:56 Serelitz wrote:
Goddamnit I missed Mirror's Edge while asleep, one of the games I really wanted to get. Hope it'll go on a daily sale still D:


Same..... Damnit! Soooo wanted that game, and now I see I missed sale
There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. | Cheering for Maru, Innovation and MMA!
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
July 17 2012 10:40 GMT
#3344
so far i've only bought

trine2
monkey island package

don't really like trine2...worth $3.74 though, just the story is really shit. i love monkey island 2 (was going to play the 1st one first, but i don't like the controls [playing with 360 controller]). played almost 2 hours worth, and i recommend this game if you love the old school adventure/puzzle games. lucas arts made amazing shit back in 90's, full throttle/the dig/indiana jones/this game.

i'm looking to get alice madness returns if it comes on sale again, but in the meanwhile can anyone recommend some fun adventure games for me? i don't want any shooters...tired of shooters. i'm more of a story guy - the game has to have an immersive story for me to enjoy it.

thanks
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
July 17 2012 10:43 GMT
#3345
On July 17 2012 19:40 Silidons wrote:
so far i've only bought

trine2
monkey island package

don't really like trine2...worth $3.74 though, just the story is really shit. i love monkey island 2 (was going to play the 1st one first, but i don't like the controls [playing with 360 controller]). played almost 2 hours worth, and i recommend this game if you love the old school adventure/puzzle games. lucas arts made amazing shit back in 90's, full throttle/the dig/indiana jones/this game.

i'm looking to get alice madness returns if it comes on sale again, but in the meanwhile can anyone recommend some fun adventure games for me? i don't want any shooters...tired of shooters. i'm more of a story guy - the game has to have an immersive story for me to enjoy it.

thanks

Dragon Age: Origins?
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
Critter
Profile Joined January 2011
United States196 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 10:54:34
July 17 2012 10:51 GMT
#3346
On July 17 2012 18:31 unkkz wrote:
I really recommend the witcher 2, very good game. The witcher 1 is also extrmelly underrated and didnt get the praise it deserved tbh.


Witcher 2 looked amazing so I bought the first Witcher like a year ago to play through the story. I found the controls and combat to be unbearable and/or buggy to the point of unplayablity for me. Did they fix that in 2?
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12175 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 10:53:55
July 17 2012 10:51 GMT
#3347
On July 17 2012 19:40 Silidons wrote:
I'm looking to get Alice madness returns if it comes on sale again, but in the meanwhile can anyone recommend some fun adventure games for me? I don't want any shooters...tired of shooters. I'm more of a story guy - the game has to have an immersive story for me to enjoy it.


Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic? On sale right now.
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 11:32:35
July 17 2012 11:14 GMT
#3348
On July 17 2012 19:51 Yurie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 19:40 Silidons wrote:
I'm looking to get Alice madness returns if it comes on sale again, but in the meanwhile can anyone recommend some fun adventure games for me? I don't want any shooters...tired of shooters. I'm more of a story guy - the game has to have an immersive story for me to enjoy it.


Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic? On sale right now.

Syberia bundle or Broken Sword triology (the second is so hot though) might work as well depending on what kind of adventure game he's after. I think Lara Croft was on sale as well (or was that on the vote?).
Banelings are too cute to blow up
d00p
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
711 Posts
July 17 2012 11:19 GMT
#3349
On July 17 2012 19:51 Critter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 18:31 unkkz wrote:
I really recommend the witcher 2, very good game. The witcher 1 is also extrmelly underrated and didnt get the praise it deserved tbh.


Witcher 2 looked amazing so I bought the first Witcher like a year ago to play through the story. I found the controls and combat to be unbearable and/or buggy to the point of unplayablity for me. Did they fix that in 2?


Combat is at least different in Witcher 2. I think it's better but in no way perfect. The game is really pretty and has a good story and depth to it. It needs a good PC to run properly.
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12175 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 11:46:21
July 17 2012 11:46 GMT
#3350
:o I forgot about one of the best adventure games of all time: Beyond Good and Evil
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
July 17 2012 12:18 GMT
#3351
On July 17 2012 20:46 Yurie wrote:
:o I forgot about one of the best adventure games of all time: Beyond Good and Evil

I don't know how long I've waiting for the sequal. -_-
Banelings are too cute to blow up
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
July 17 2012 13:08 GMT
#3352
You guys should really look into/buy The Ship. It's 75% off (5 bucks atm) and you get a total of 5 (FIVE) copies if you do it right. You get to give two copies away to friends, and those friends get to give another copy away to a friend. All for 5 bucks and it's totally worth it.

It's a really fun multiplayer game where you are on a ship and each round you are assigned a single person to kill with whatever weapons you may find aboard the ship, all the while somebody else is assigned to kill you and you don't know who it is. You can only kill your target and your hunter, if you kill anyone else you are penalized for it.

You can get caught and go to jail for a certain amount of time, there's different maps. It's loads of fun and even more fun if you play with a friend, which you can because you get to give away so many copies! :D

So yeah, buy The Ship. 75% off and 5 copies. Super deal.
Retvrn to Forvms
freestalker
Profile Joined March 2010
469 Posts
July 17 2012 13:11 GMT
#3353
On July 17 2012 19:09 Jakatak_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 18:58 freestalker wrote:
On July 17 2012 16:05 Storchen wrote:
I bought Dead Space 2 for 7.99€ yesterday. MAN that shit is scary as hell.

1. Get Amnesia: The Dark Descent
2. Close curtains, turn off light, put on earphones, be alone, set brightness to minimum.
3. Play and.... meet the true fear.

It's also even cheaper than DS2!

(I also agree this might be a personal preference, I like more games where you get 'atmospheric' fear rather than 'oh god something big and ugly appeared and I need to shoot its head off')

Many people said Amnesia is more scary than DS. If you haven't played it before and like scary stuff, give it a try (I bought it yesterday, didn't play it before, played Penumbra from the same authors and watched day9 play Amnesia. I want to wait some time so I forget the details about the play through )



What did you think of Penumbra? Is it scarier than Amnesia? I got the collectors edition of Penumbra.

I didn't play through all three parts of Penumbra, but I believe Amnesia is a bit scarier. Better graphics, better sounds (even though sounds were pretty good in Penumbra to make the scary environment). A friend that played Amnesia said he was really.. really scared, but that the game was short. When I was watching day9 it didn't seem -that- short to me.

But it's a lot about your mindset too When I was playing Penumbra I was in Finland, playing it during nights with closed courtains. And I was scared.

(btw have you seen a trailer for 'Asylum'? I know I saw the game before but I'm not sure if it's already out)
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
July 17 2012 13:13 GMT
#3354
Worth buying crysis 2 guys? Crysis 1 also comes with it
Makenshi
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden2105 Posts
July 17 2012 13:24 GMT
#3355
On July 17 2012 22:08 Chrispy wrote:
You guys should really look into/buy The Ship. It's 75% off (5 bucks atm) and you get a total of 5 (FIVE) copies if you do it right. You get to give two copies away to friends, and those friends get to give another copy away to a friend. All for 5 bucks and it's totally worth it.

It's a really fun multiplayer game where you are on a ship and each round you are assigned a single person to kill with whatever weapons you may find aboard the ship, all the while somebody else is assigned to kill you and you don't know who it is. You can only kill your target and your hunter, if you kill anyone else you are penalized for it.

You can get caught and go to jail for a certain amount of time, there's different maps. It's loads of fun and even more fun if you play with a friend, which you can because you get to give away so many copies! :D

So yeah, buy The Ship. 75% off and 5 copies. Super deal.


I used to play the ship beta, it was incredibly awesome tho all i see is the complete deal with the ship + the singleplayer, what's this 5 copies deal you're talking about, and how do i get it?
Ethenielle
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Norway1006 Posts
July 17 2012 13:29 GMT
#3356
On July 17 2012 22:13 Reaps wrote:
Worth buying crysis 2 guys? Crysis 1 also comes with it


Crysis1+Warhead without a doubt worth it, especially at the price they're asking. The combat is fantastic, the environments are fantastic and you really do feel like destruction incarnate.

Crysis 2 is just a standard linear FPS, it doesn't really differentiate itself. It's good, but nowhere near as good as the first games. Worth your money, but if you're limited on time or money, get the first games instead.
Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
July 17 2012 13:31 GMT
#3357
On July 17 2012 22:29 Ethenielle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 22:13 Reaps wrote:
Worth buying crysis 2 guys? Crysis 1 also comes with it


Crysis1+Warhead without a doubt worth it, especially at the price they're asking. The combat is fantastic, the environments are fantastic and you really do feel like destruction incarnate.

Crysis 2 is just a standard linear FPS, it doesn't really differentiate itself. It's good, but nowhere near as good as the first games. Worth your money, but if you're limited on time or money, get the first games instead.


Thanks just brought the collection for £10, downloading now :D
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
July 17 2012 13:37 GMT
#3358
What do you guys think of Rage? worth buying?
Whalecore
Profile Joined March 2009
Norway1111 Posts
July 17 2012 13:38 GMT
#3359
Bought Men of War collection. Those games are really good!

Which game is most popular online atm? Are they all standalone games?
Playgu
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
July 17 2012 13:39 GMT
#3360
Is there actually a way to make KOTOR work on Windows7 by now?

I've heard that it doesn't (and actually tried myself with a pirated version).
Kevmeister @ Dota2
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EnDerr 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2783
Rain 1799
FanTaSy 503
GuemChi 304
sSak 86
Mong 75
Bale 38
Hm[arnc] 35
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
Noble 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm183
League of Legends
JimRising 563
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King153
Other Games
summit1g7852
olofmeister320
Happy157
KnowMe133
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick727
BasetradeTV179
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream61
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2218
League of Legends
• Rush1202
• Lourlo1131
• Stunt415
Other Games
• Shiphtur926
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 43m
INu's Battles
3h 43m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
5h 43m
OSC
14h 58m
Replay Cast
15h 43m
OSC
1d 15h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.