• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:36
CEST 12:36
KST 19:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20263Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8464 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 166

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 164 165 166 167 168 698 Next
Craze
Profile Joined July 2010
United States561 Posts
July 17 2012 02:03 GMT
#3301
Both games are phenomenal, DA:O is one of the best games you can buy on Steam once it is modded though.
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
July 17 2012 02:07 GMT
#3302
On July 17 2012 11:03 Craze wrote:
Both games are phenomenal, DA:O is one of the best games you can buy on Steam once it is modded though.


What's the difference between the Augmented Edition & Normal Edition of Deus Ex?

also, thinking about DA:O makes me remember the mage maze which I hated ;x (cuz it was so frustrating t.t)
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
trifecta
Profile Joined April 2010
United States6795 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 02:29:02
July 17 2012 02:27 GMT
#3303
augmented edition comes with the missing link mission and the tracer tong mission (both dlc) included

I think the missing link dlc/augmented is worth the extra few bucks if the game gets a deeper discount and/or you're a big deus ex fan.
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
July 17 2012 02:51 GMT
#3304
Is Dear Esther worth the $2.50? I know what it is and I know it's short, but is it actually good at what it's trying to be?
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
July 17 2012 02:53 GMT
#3305
On July 17 2012 11:51 Ruscour wrote:
Is Dear Esther worth the $2.50? I know what it is and I know it's short, but is it actually good at what it's trying to be?


Give it a try, the ending is really a twist.
+ Show Spoiler +

The main character is a giant bird
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
DongLongJohnson
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany143 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 03:14:26
July 17 2012 03:13 GMT
#3306
On July 17 2012 11:51 Ruscour wrote:
Is Dear Esther worth the $2.50? I know what it is and I know it's short, but is it actually good at what it's trying to be?


Buy Knights of the Old Republic
or Metro 2033 instead for that price if you don't already own it.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
July 17 2012 03:29 GMT
#3307
Does Crusader Kings 2 offer a much better experience than Europa Universalis 3? I don't have any particular preference as to time period, but I was just wondering how good a deal this EU3 for £2.50 is. I don't mind paying a bit more for CK2 if it's much better, but I don't think I'd play both of them.

I'm actually more interested in Sengoku, but that hasn't been discounted yet, as far as I know.
Zhou
Profile Joined February 2009
United States832 Posts
July 17 2012 03:46 GMT
#3308
On July 17 2012 12:29 jtype wrote:
Does Crusader Kings 2 offer a much better experience than Europa Universalis 3? I don't have any particular preference as to time period, but I was just wondering how good a deal this EU3 for £2.50 is. I don't mind paying a bit more for CK2 if it's much better, but I don't think I'd play both of them.

I'm actually more interested in Sengoku, but that hasn't been discounted yet, as far as I know.


It's a bit disappointing to say that Sengoku feels like it was a stepping stone for Europa Universalis 3.

Crusader Kings II I feel adds a more story feel to the game because you play with your characters via political intrigue and such more than anything else.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
July 17 2012 04:04 GMT
#3309
On July 17 2012 12:29 jtype wrote:
Does Crusader Kings 2 offer a much better experience than Europa Universalis 3? I don't have any particular preference as to time period, but I was just wondering how good a deal this EU3 for £2.50 is. I don't mind paying a bit more for CK2 if it's much better, but I don't think I'd play both of them.

I'm actually more interested in Sengoku, but that hasn't been discounted yet, as far as I know.


Crusader Kings II isn't really close to EU/HoI etc., it's... I dno. I'm a huge fan of the others but I can't get warm with Crusader Kings. It feels more like a complex rpg than a grand strategy game. Hard to explain, try checking out some let's plays first to see if it's up your alley.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
NoSmurfHere
Profile Joined June 2012
New Zealand613 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 04:18:40
July 17 2012 04:18 GMT
#3310
nvm
The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 04:21:42
July 17 2012 04:19 GMT
#3311
Clocked 60 hours on Europa Universalis 3: Chronicles.

well worth the money.

EDIT:
On July 17 2012 12:29 jtype wrote:
Does Crusader Kings 2 offer a much better experience than Europa Universalis 3? I don't have any particular preference as to time period, but I was just wondering how good a deal this EU3 for £2.50 is. I don't mind paying a bit more for CK2 if it's much better, but I don't think I'd play both of them.

I'm actually more interested in Sengoku, but that hasn't been discounted yet, as far as I know.


Don't buy the original EU3, it's nothing compared to gameplay with the current Divine Wind expansion. (buy EU3: Chronicles).

Divine Wind has better graphics, gameplay, and other stuff too.
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
July 17 2012 04:24 GMT
#3312
Damn. They both look really good, but very different.

Well, I went ahead and picked up the EU Chronicles pack. It looks good enough at that price and if I feel the need to step into a different period of history, I'll pick up one of the others. Cheers for the advice guys.
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
July 17 2012 04:30 GMT
#3313
On July 17 2012 13:24 jtype wrote:
Damn. They both look really good, but very different.

Well, I went ahead and picked up the EU Chronicles pack. It looks good enough at that price and if I feel the need to step into a different period of history, I'll pick up one of the others. Cheers for the advice guys.


Facts

Timeline-

Crusader Kings 2 (Pre-Medieval era)
Europa Universalis 3(Medieval to Napoleonic)
Victoria 2(Victorian Era lol)
Hearts of Iron 3 (WW2)
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
Murdco
Profile Joined June 2011
United States745 Posts
July 17 2012 05:10 GMT
#3314
Dam it all Dungeon Siege 3 is on sale and the complete edition comes with DS 1 and 2 for 7.49.
Is this pack worth it or without multiplayer the other DS games are not as good? Also how different is DS 3 compared to the other 2 games?
DongLongJohnson
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany143 Posts
July 17 2012 05:28 GMT
#3315
DS3 is more actionbased and less RPG. I played through it and it was fun, but it has a terrible Camera/UI on PC. DS1/2 is more like Diablo2 in 3D with a Party.
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 05:41:44
July 17 2012 05:41 GMT
#3316
I feel very good about my only two purchases. Bought galciv 2 ultimate edition, and bought EU 3: chronicles just now. Never saw galciv before the sale and I really love it so far. The AI is actually pretty decent and doesnt cheat until VERY high difficulty levels anyways. EU 3 I have yet to play, but I like the grand strategy genre and it's a good one I've heard.
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
July 17 2012 06:01 GMT
#3317
On July 17 2012 12:29 jtype wrote:
Does Crusader Kings 2 offer a much better experience than Europa Universalis 3?


CK2 is basically a Game of Thrones simulator (even on its own, plus it has the actual Game of Thrones mod which is awesome), so I'm going to go with yes.

I sunk a ton of hours into EU3, but honestly it often feels like you're playing a spreadsheet game and just clicking through a bunch of options to maximize some of the numbers.
unkkz
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Norway2196 Posts
July 17 2012 06:06 GMT
#3318
Bought Metro 2033 for 2.5 euros, a freaking steal and the game is amazing.
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
July 17 2012 06:12 GMT
#3319
On July 17 2012 15:01 Talin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 12:29 jtype wrote:
Does Crusader Kings 2 offer a much better experience than Europa Universalis 3?


CK2 is basically a Game of Thrones simulator (even on its own, plus it has the actual Game of Thrones mod which is awesome), so I'm going to go with yes.

I sunk a ton of hours into EU3, but honestly it often feels like you're playing a spreadsheet game and just clicking through a bunch of options to maximize some of the numbers.


Nothing feels better then knowing that you own the whole world with Ryukuku :3(or Ulm lollololol).
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
July 17 2012 06:14 GMT
#3320
Please, gods of fate, let MW3 be on sale!

I already have the other two!!
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Prev 1 164 165 166 167 168 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
19:00
Episode 112
CranKy Ducklings30
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 209
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35864
Calm 2648
Shuttle 866
Bisu 760
Hyuk 436
Rush 323
Stork 256
actioN 238
Soma 185
Zeus 163
[ Show more ]
Mong 159
EffOrt 95
Pusan 87
Last 78
ZerO 53
Shinee 50
ToSsGirL 46
NotJumperer 44
Bale 42
Free 41
Barracks 39
Soulkey 38
Dewaltoss 36
Light 34
Shine 31
Killer 25
Noble 25
Sharp 25
sorry 21
hero 18
HiyA 18
yabsab 14
Sacsri 12
Dota 2
Gorgc3871
League of Legends
JimRising 352
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1327
shoxiejesuss1044
edward72
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King100
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko54
Other Games
gofns40091
summit1g6546
singsing1573
ceh9569
crisheroes223
DeMusliM123
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick637
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream15
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 56
• LUISG 27
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP9
• killerbeecast5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV244
• lizZardDota2118
League of Legends
• Stunt307
Other Games
• Shiphtur960
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
24m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2h 24m
OSC
11h 39m
Replay Cast
12h 24m
OSC
1d 12h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 23h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.