• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:40
CEST 05:40
KST 12:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7106 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 133

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 131 132 133 134 135 665 Next
Jopz
Profile Joined January 2008
United States262 Posts
February 08 2012 01:10 GMT
#2641
Anyone else excited about Pro Tour Honolulu this weekend? I think it was an awesome move from Wizards to have the Pro Tour 2 weeks after the new set release; really puts the spotlight on a team/player's ability to predict the meta and card evaluation skills.

From the Starcity open last week it seems like mono green is kinda competitive; although it was still Delver, Tempered Steel, and Humans everywhere.
el_dawg
Profile Joined September 2011
United States164 Posts
February 10 2012 16:58 GMT
#2642
On February 08 2012 10:10 Jopz wrote:
Anyone else excited about Pro Tour Honolulu this weekend? I think it was an awesome move from Wizards to have the Pro Tour 2 weeks after the new set release; really puts the spotlight on a team/player's ability to predict the meta and card evaluation skills.

From the Starcity open last week it seems like mono green is kinda competitive; although it was still Delver, Tempered Steel, and Humans everywhere.


Ya, it sounds like they are really focusing on the live streaming coverage for this one, it should be fun to watch. The new standard seems interesting too with the GP and SCG results showing that there is more to the format than just delver tempo decks.

Here is a link with more info about the livestream (which starts in 3 hours).

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Events.aspx?x=mtgevent/webcast/home
No.Doubt
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada202 Posts
February 11 2012 07:26 GMT
#2643
Some pretty crazy results that I didn't not expect

+ Show Spoiler +
Lsv going 1-5 drop, and conley woods not making day2, ouch
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
February 11 2012 08:17 GMT
#2644
The announcement of pt Seattle is cool for me I'll have to play all the online ptqs for it . The day 1 live coverage has been great last time i watched coverage it was just Sundays games this seems too be a large improvement.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
el_dawg
Profile Joined September 2011
United States164 Posts
February 11 2012 08:36 GMT
#2645
On February 11 2012 16:26 No.Doubt wrote:
Some pretty crazy results that I didn't not expect

+ Show Spoiler +
Lsv going 1-5 drop, and conley woods not making day2, ouch


I was most surprised with + Show Spoiler +
Chapin going 1-4 in standard, the guy had like an 85% standard match win % and was fresh off a standard GP finals
.

Coverage has been pretty fun too. Some of the most interesting things so far have been the 44 forests + Lost in the Woods draft deck and the Heartless Summoning + Havengul Lich 5-0 standard deck.
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
February 11 2012 09:17 GMT
#2646
Idk I kinda expected those results

+ Show Spoiler +
The Wolf Run list they were running didn't look finely turned at all. They never had enough threats or answers or both. Kibler's list didnt look much better in his match vs RG aggro. Which is the deck I though looked really good for the meta.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-11 09:55:49
February 11 2012 09:49 GMT
#2647
On February 11 2012 18:17 Shotcoder wrote:
Idk I kinda expected those results

+ Show Spoiler +
The Wolf Run list they were running didn't look finely turned at all. They never had enough threats or answers or both. Kibler's list didnt look much better in his match vs RG aggro. Which is the deck I though looked really good for the meta.


Yeah I thought it was a little bit meh as well. Some kind of a W/x human deck seemed in order.

Martel's comment after his last game with Estratti was priceless. + Show Spoiler +
"I think I played really bad this game, maybe even worse then you."


Also the

44 forests
1 Lost in the Woods

Won a round. What a wonderful game we are playing.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
February 11 2012 11:49 GMT
#2648
PV tweeted that he was happy with the deck choice (and he has gone on record saying he dislikes ramp decks so shrug). Also, results speak for themselves: + Show Spoiler +
Kibler, PV, wrapter, Ben Stark, Ochoa all 4-1 in Constructed with the deck. Even with other members of the team doing poorly, that's a pretty good showing.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
February 11 2012 17:27 GMT
#2649
On February 11 2012 20:49 MCMcEmcee wrote:
PV tweeted that he was happy with the deck choice (and he has gone on record saying he dislikes ramp decks so shrug). Also, results speak for themselves: + Show Spoiler +
Kibler, PV, wrapter, Ben Stark, Ochoa all 4-1 in Constructed with the deck. Even with other members of the team doing poorly, that's a pretty good showing.


Ya, you can't really say a deck is bad just because EVERYONE playing it didn't do well. PV probably doesn't count though since he would top8 with any deck.
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
February 11 2012 18:02 GMT
#2650
You have to account for random variance, LSV can't go 19-0 every tournament, :D... So some players will do bad with the deck even if the rest of team makes top 8 with it.

I don't like the deck that much either but I'm biased against ramp decks, i never have been successful with them.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
last.resistance
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada543 Posts
February 11 2012 22:01 GMT
#2651
Nice play from Finkel in the feature match game 2 against Nakajima.
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
February 11 2012 22:03 GMT
#2652
I really hate the way this format is looking, all this ROFL SLAM CREATURES is kinda dumb.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
February 11 2012 23:16 GMT
#2653
On February 12 2012 07:03 Shotcoder wrote:
I really hate the way this format is looking, all this ROFL SLAM CREATURES is kinda dumb.


That's...so wrong I can't even begin to refute it. There are plenty of ridiculous interactions that you can get going with the cards in this set, so I'm guessing you either have no idea what you're talking about or you hate EVERY limited format ever.
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-12 00:03:38
February 11 2012 23:28 GMT
#2654
On February 12 2012 08:16 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2012 07:03 Shotcoder wrote:
I really hate the way this format is looking, all this ROFL SLAM CREATURES is kinda dumb.


That's...so wrong I can't even begin to refute it. There are plenty of ridiculous interactions that you can get going with the cards in this set, so I'm guessing you either have no idea what you're talking about or you hate EVERY limited format ever.


I'm sorry have you watched the SCG live feed at all today? It's all about who has the correct creature threats and who can resolve a sword and get a hit in first. Since I started watching in Round 3 there hasn't been a single control or mid range deck on air. mI've seen Mono Black zombies, RG Werewolves, Mono Green Aggro, UW Delver, Tempered Steel, UW Humans, and UR Delver. If that's not an Aggro filled format then I don't know what is. I know a couple of the people in the top 20 personally, Gerhart and Yusef and they haven't been live yet but I know for a fact they aren't running a control or mid range deck. I think Gerhart is running humans and Yusef is running Delver.

Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
February 11 2012 23:39 GMT
#2655
On February 12 2012 08:28 Shotcoder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2012 08:16 deth2munkies wrote:
On February 12 2012 07:03 Shotcoder wrote:
I really hate the way this format is looking, all this ROFL SLAM CREATURES is kinda dumb.


That's...so wrong I can't even begin to refute it. There are plenty of ridiculous interactions that you can get going with the cards in this set, so I'm guessing you either have no idea what you're talking about or you hate EVERY limited format ever.


I'm sorry have you watched the SCG live feed at all today? It's all about who has the correct creature threats and who can resolve a sword and get a hit in first. Since I started watching in Round 3 there hasn't been a single control or mid range deck on air. mI've seen Mono Black zombies, RG Werewolves, Mono Green Aggro, UW Delver, Tempered Steel, UW Humans, and UR Delver. If that's not an Aggro filled format then I don't know what is. I know a couple of the people in the top 20 personally, Gerhart and Yusef and they haven't been live yet but I know for a fact they aren't running a control or mid range deck. I think Gerhart is running humans and Yusef is running Delver.


I think one of you is talking about Limited and your talking about Constructed. The Pro Tour is going on today and he posted at the time limited was being played...

Also i'm gonna have to disagree, this limited format is pretty sweet. I'm not a limited player at all, but this has been entertaining.

Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
February 11 2012 23:54 GMT
#2656
I bought 1 starter deck and 5 booster pack to start playing this game. But I have a question though, if Standard the most popular type of play? If that is the case, I am afraid that YuGiOh! > MtG because you don't have to constantly buy new cards JUST to play competitively.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Project Psycho
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom329 Posts
February 12 2012 00:09 GMT
#2657
does anyone have any tips for a newbie starting up a account for magic online? ive only played a handful of games irl and i dont have a clue what am doing on here, i just feel lost. I've tried reading the faq's and stuff on the site but still no better off really and they seem pretty dated anyway. They say to keep your booster pack and event tickets, but for what exactly?
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
February 12 2012 00:12 GMT
#2658
Yugioh is straight up broken because there is no resource that you use besides cards in hand. Pokemon is more balanced than it is.
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
February 12 2012 00:26 GMT
#2659
YGO doesn't make one whole set of cards obsolete just to keep competitive.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
February 12 2012 00:35 GMT
#2660
On February 12 2012 09:26 Xiphos wrote:
YGO doesn't make one whole set of cards obsolete just to keep competitive.


Just a bunch of cards that will never see play in any kind of format....oh wait there's only one format.
Get it by your hands...
Prev 1 131 132 133 134 135 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 216
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17671
Rain 1498
GuemChi 644
sSak 34
Bale 21
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 462
Coldzera 353
minikerr35
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1009
Mew2King86
Other Games
summit1g7314
JimRising 645
WinterStarcraft542
C9.Mang0175
ViBE128
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1049
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 19
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo755
• Stunt330
Other Games
• Scarra897
• Shiphtur734
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 20m
INu's Battles
7h 20m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 20m
OSC
18h 35m
Replay Cast
19h 20m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.