• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:13
CEST 04:13
KST 11:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9054 users

Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 42 Next All
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
January 07 2011 08:49 GMT
#121
Beta starting soon! I'll be playing in it, but I probably won't buy the actual game, because I don't even have time enough for WoW and GW2 is coming out later this year.

On January 07 2011 10:26 Kezzer wrote:
Wow this actually looks really cool

EDIT: Wait, so how do you get a beta key?


You can get a beta key from a lot of different sites. I wouldn't advise using the Rift website, because that's basically a beta application. Honest, Google "rift beta key" and ten different sites pop up with beta key giveaways. I think I got mine from Tentonhammer. Just click their link and, boom! Beta key.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
sleeepy
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada777 Posts
January 07 2011 09:20 GMT
#122
I just got a key... I think...

It says the code was applied to my account, but there's no download button and nothing in my email. Am I supposed to wait or was this some fake code?
keeblur
Profile Joined April 2010
United States826 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-07 12:01:34
January 07 2011 12:00 GMT
#123
On January 07 2011 18:20 sleeepy wrote:
I just got a key... I think...

It says the code was applied to my account, but there's no download button and nothing in my email. Am I supposed to wait or was this some fake code?


Here's what the key does :

This key will allow you access to one of the upcoming beta events for Rift. You will be contacted by email when your beta event draws near, outlining instructions on signing the EULA and how to get in game.
Isn't it ironic and selfish to say that God made man in his image, when God was made in man's image?
turamn
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1374 Posts
January 07 2011 12:07 GMT
#124
On January 07 2011 18:20 sleeepy wrote:
I just got a key... I think...

It says the code was applied to my account, but there's no download button and nothing in my email. Am I supposed to wait or was this some fake code?


Go to the games website, login to your account. At the management page, you will see a a box to accept the eula. Accept it and you will get the download link.
sleeepy
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada777 Posts
January 07 2011 12:20 GMT
#125
On January 07 2011 21:07 turamn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2011 18:20 sleeepy wrote:
I just got a key... I think...

It says the code was applied to my account, but there's no download button and nothing in my email. Am I supposed to wait or was this some fake code?


Go to the games website, login to your account. At the management page, you will see a a box to accept the eula. Accept it and you will get the download link.


It says:
+ Show Spoiler +
You need to be invited to play in the RIFT™ beta events. If you have applied a VIP beta code, or pre-ordered the game and applied your pre-order code, you will receive invitations to all RIFT beta events.

Step 1: Once invited to an event, please review and agree to the EULA.
Step 2: After agreeing to the terms of the EULA, you will have access to a download link for the RIFT client. You only need to download the client for your first beta event.
Step 3: Launch RIFT during the beta event and get in and play! Event Invitation status EULA
You have not yet been invited to a beta event.


I don't understand, is an invite different from a key? What does the key get me then?
keeblur
Profile Joined April 2010
United States826 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-07 12:22:31
January 07 2011 12:20 GMT
#126
Just an reminder:

This weekend, Rift is only $40 if you get it through Direct2Drive using the code "joker". This also gets you access to all the betas.

Not even sure if I want to buy it still, but now is probably when I should decide.
Isn't it ironic and selfish to say that God made man in his image, when God was made in man's image?
turamn
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1374 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-07 14:09:39
January 07 2011 14:06 GMT
#127
On January 07 2011 21:20 sleeepy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2011 21:07 turamn wrote:
On January 07 2011 18:20 sleeepy wrote:
I just got a key... I think...

It says the code was applied to my account, but there's no download button and nothing in my email. Am I supposed to wait or was this some fake code?


Go to the games website, login to your account. At the management page, you will see a a box to accept the eula. Accept it and you will get the download link.


It says:
+ Show Spoiler +
You need to be invited to play in the RIFT beta events. If you have applied a VIP beta code, or pre-ordered the game and applied your pre-order code, you will receive invitations to all RIFT beta events.

Step 1: Once invited to an event, please review and agree to the EULA.
Step 2: After agreeing to the terms of the EULA, you will have access to a download link for the RIFT client. You only need to download the client for your first beta event.
Step 3: Launch RIFT during the beta event and get in and play! Event Invitation status EULA
You have not yet been invited to a beta event.


I don't understand, is an invite different from a key? What does the key get me then?


I am not sure what you may have received then. I got my beta access through VIP key, which was obtained through twitter. Once the code was applied to my account, all I have had to do was login, accept the EULA, and download. Does the email they sent you contain a key? If so, did you apply to your account?

EDIT: Upon further review, I saw that you say it has been applied to your account. I would e-mail their support at this point. They responded very quickly for me, < 2 hours, and resolved my issue. Here is the link to the thread with the information they require. http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?474-Need-Support-with-your-Account
keeblur
Profile Joined April 2010
United States826 Posts
January 07 2011 15:23 GMT
#128
Just curious but my applied code is, "Europe05_RIFT_Beta_Invite". Does that mean I'll be invited to the 5th beta?
Isn't it ironic and selfish to say that God made man in his image, when God was made in man's image?
turamn
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1374 Posts
January 07 2011 15:29 GMT
#129
It is possible, but in my experience, they do not send them out this far in advance. I would guess that it was just part of the fifth wave of invites sent out.
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
January 07 2011 15:37 GMT
#130
Mine which I received sometime last night says Beta_Event4_EN

It's as if they knew I was planning on pre-ordering. Only now I can discover whether I like the game first
keeblur
Profile Joined April 2010
United States826 Posts
January 07 2011 15:40 GMT
#131
On January 08 2011 00:37 floor exercise wrote:
Mine which I received sometime last night says Beta_Event4_EN

It's as if they knew I was planning on pre-ordering. Only now I can discover whether I like the game first


Ya I really want to try out the game during this weekend's event, so I can see if I like it or not in order to get in on that D2D deal.
Isn't it ironic and selfish to say that God made man in his image, when God was made in man's image?
turamn
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1374 Posts
January 07 2011 15:42 GMT
#132
I'll have to check mine out when I get home from work and see what it says. I dont think it will offer any insight though, as it is a VIP key. Could any one else with an invitr for this weekend post what it says so we can decipher the meaning of the number?
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-07 21:27:33
January 07 2011 16:37 GMT
#133
opted in for the beta, this looks like it could be a pretty cool game

the whole rift invasion and dynamic world is something most mmo's lack I'd say

btw if anyone has a beta key let me kno =D
ProdT
Profile Joined January 2009
United States170 Posts
January 07 2011 16:57 GMT
#134
On January 07 2011 14:36 VorcePA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2011 10:26 Kezzer wrote:
Wow this actually looks really cool

EDIT: Wait, so how do you get a beta key?


I got a beta key by being subscribed to NVidia's newsletter or something because I've purchased their video cards. Just about finished downloading the game (~3 minutes left of a 7.43 GB file X_X ).

I'm not too terribly excited about this game, but I love testing new games. My irritation comes with the fact that most "top tier" MMOs being released of the past 6 years or so have been fantasy RPGs similar to WoW in a many ways, with their own gimmicky little twist. I'm waiting for a good sci-fi MMO (not EvE, not Planetside) that's going to hook me, but until then I'm just going to bitch these guys out on their forums. D=

edit: keep forgetting that today is thursday and not friday. Beta starts in about 12 hours.

edit 2: also, if you go to the RIFT website, their is a beta sign up link on the front page.

You hear about planetside 2?
pQylling
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark139 Posts
January 07 2011 17:08 GMT
#135
I preordered the game because I think it looks pretty nice, stealing the good stuff from other MMORGPS and adding your own little innovative soul system can't be bad.

I could write a small review of my experiences if anyone is interested
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
January 07 2011 17:27 GMT
#136
I was in the last beta event, and have been invited to the one for this weekend, but as timing would have it, I will be out of the country and get maybe 12 hours play-time sunday night before it ends...

I love my Riftstalker/assasin PVP build, so much teleporting!!
turamn
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1374 Posts
January 07 2011 17:30 GMT
#137
On January 08 2011 02:08 pQylling wrote:
I preordered the game because I think it looks pretty nice, stealing the good stuff from other MMORGPS and adding your own little innovative soul system can't be bad.

I could write a small review of my experiences if anyone is interested



I'm pretty sure this has been the philosophy of most, if not all, of the successfull MMO's of the last century. Copy, refine, innovate only if you have a sure thing. Innovation is not bad in this genre, but it is certainly risky.

Anyway, Beta servers are up in 30 minutes. Enjoy all of you who aren't at work!
philippo
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden97 Posts
January 07 2011 17:46 GMT
#138
Alright, so which shard are you all gonna select, would be great if we all could choose one major to play on and setup a liquid channel.
http://sv.justin.tv/sc2philippo
pQylling
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark139 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-07 17:55:16
January 07 2011 17:53 GMT
#139
On January 08 2011 02:46 philippo wrote:
Alright, so which shard are you all gonna select, would be great if we all could choose one major to play on and setup a liquid channel.


I will be playing on the Icewatch shard, would be cool if anyone cared to join

Edit:
I probably shouldn't say that too soon, found out it's a PvE server which is not my style.
philippo
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden97 Posts
January 07 2011 17:55 GMT
#140
I picked the cloudborne english pvp.
http://sv.justin.tv/sc2philippo
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 202
NeuroSwarm 146
FoxeR 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1317
Leta 716
Bale 81
League of Legends
Doublelift4156
Other Games
summit1g8289
JimRising 536
ViBE190
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick662
BasetradeTV198
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• Light_VIP 10
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1129
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 47m
Patches Events
12h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 47m
OSC
20h 47m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.