• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:01
CEST 21:01
KST 04:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9327 users

2010-2011 football (soccer) thread - Page 202

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 200 201 202 203 204 208 Next
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
June 09 2011 14:55 GMT
#4021
I could watch Ronaldo compilations from his Barca/Inter days all day long. God, they're so fantastic. :D
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Stimp
Profile Joined November 2010
South Africa780 Posts
June 09 2011 15:28 GMT
#4022
On June 09 2011 23:46 zulu_nation8 wrote:
hes implying rooney has good strength and rarely gets pushed off the ball which is true, i dont understand why thats so disagreeable.


Then Physique is the wrong word. That's just strength. But that's why I want him to clarify, to see what he thinks physique means.
Don't count your apples before they've... grown
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
June 10 2011 11:49 GMT
#4023
Fergie wants value in the transfer market, about to spend 50 million pounds on Phil Jones and Ashley Young. Pretty sure this means 45 million worths of players will have to be sold.
Signet
Profile Joined March 2007
United States1718 Posts
June 10 2011 13:44 GMT
#4024
On June 10 2011 20:49 zulu_nation8 wrote:
Fergie wants value in the transfer market, about to spend 50 million pounds on Phil Jones and Ashley Young. Pretty sure this means 45 million worths of players will have to be sold.

Is Young official yet?

It sounds like the club will be spending 100M pounds or more this summer. Enough debt has been paid off, plus additional sponsorships, that they can afford it.

I've heard Wes Brown, Darren Gibson, and John O'Shea may be leaving however.
TonyL2
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
England1953 Posts
June 10 2011 14:27 GMT
#4025
I thought it's more like 32m for the two english players, 16 each

Adding De Gea would make it around 50m

Not sure if I hugely agree with Young to improve the squad unless he plays some more central midfield role, as I'd rather Nani/Valencia on the wings. Especially when supposedly his wages will be 130k per week...
Pads
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
England3228 Posts
June 10 2011 14:34 GMT
#4026
On June 10 2011 20:49 zulu_nation8 wrote:
Fergie wants value in the transfer market, about to spend 50 million pounds on Phil Jones and Ashley Young. Pretty sure this means 45 million worths of players will have to be sold.


Remember that Neville, Scholes and Van Der Sar all retired so the squad does need to be strengthened. Altho 50 mil is too much for Young & Jones. Jones looks set to be a long term replacement for Ferdinand though, both at Man Utd and England.

Liverpool also looking to spend a lot in the transfer window too, with Henderson (17mil) already in and Downing, Clichy and Marveaux looking ready to make the switch and Scott Danand Charlie Adam being strongly linked. Can't wait to see how the team lines up next year.
#1 Kwanro[saM] fan!
MorningMusume11
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3490 Posts
June 12 2011 00:55 GMT
#4027
Anyone watching the Gold Cup right now? Man USA's defense is atrocious, getting spanked by Panama 2-0
zerglingsfolife
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1694 Posts
June 12 2011 01:05 GMT
#4028
Most embarrassing half of US football in recent memory.
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crown and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness.
MorningMusume11
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3490 Posts
June 12 2011 01:08 GMT
#4029
It's understandable looking like crap against Spain, but Panama, seroiusly?

FIFA rankings

USA - 22
Panama - 67
Signet
Profile Joined March 2007
United States1718 Posts
June 12 2011 01:19 GMT
#4030
2-0 doesn't even speak to how much Panama has controlled this game. bzzz...
BeaTeR
Profile Joined March 2003
Kazakhstan4130 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-12 06:19:08
June 12 2011 04:46 GMT
#4031
usa lost to panama? didn't expect it at all wow
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-12 04:53:32
June 12 2011 04:49 GMT
#4032
As an American I will try to change the subject -.-

MLS: Whitecaps FC Hassli's amazing goal against the FC Sounders:

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
uberMatt
Profile Joined May 2004
Canada659 Posts
June 12 2011 08:26 GMT
#4033
On June 12 2011 13:49 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
As an American I will try to change the subject -.-

MLS: Whitecaps FC Hassli's amazing goal against the FC Sounders:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv82TESa5WM


guy doesn't speak a word of english and is one of the laziest players ever, but i'll forgive him D:

also,



Guy: I tried my best in the match yesterday. I shouted, I cried, I laughed. I emptied my guts.
I think I don't have feelings anymore.

Koala: Without feelings? Listen to this.

Song: I'm blind, I'm tiny and I run slow.
I always wanted to love and be loved.
But my wife keeps me in bed with her plush toys while she loves somebody else.

Koala is my name and miserable my surname.
Because of being hairy I bleed when I shave.
When I jump my rotula dislocates without reason.

When I love deeply my heart shatters.
I like masked superheros. I guess I'm a damn midget full of complexes.
If all this wasn't enough, I got another big problem.
When I'm happy I look like a fucking idiot.

Girl chorus: Poor animal with 42 centimeters of unhappiness.

Koala: Were you moved?
Guy: No.
Claim: GETAFE. Empty of feelings. Until next season.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
June 14 2011 23:05 GMT
#4034
Arsenal should really sell Fabregas and rebuild the squad, this has become a three year long transfer saga.
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
June 15 2011 02:39 GMT
#4035
On June 12 2011 10:05 zerglingsfolife wrote:
Most embarrassing half of US football in recent memory.

I hear you, and I raise you the first seventy minutes against Guadeloupe. (And probably more, but I can't watch this embarrassment any longer.)

We can't handle the ball. We can't play one touch football. We can't finish. We play down to bad teams. Something has got to change.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
uberMatt
Profile Joined May 2004
Canada659 Posts
June 15 2011 09:00 GMT
#4036
at least you made it out of the groups
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
June 15 2011 13:37 GMT
#4037
Santos FC will play against Peñarol tonight for the first match of the Copa Libertadores Final (aka South American Champions League).
For the Swarm!
Tommylew
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Wales2717 Posts
June 15 2011 15:25 GMT
#4038
On June 15 2011 08:05 zulu_nation8 wrote:
Arsenal should really sell Fabregas and rebuild the squad, this has become a three year long transfer saga.


Deffiantly, with both Ramsey and Wilshere there they have two of the future best midfielders in the premiership sell Fabregas, get a replacment in for a year or two. Then Use the remaining 30-40Million on strengthing the squad and get a bloody good goalie!!!!!! Always thought that Arsenal need a reliable goalie,a centre half and possibily a accomplished/world class striker.
Live and Let Die!
TranceStorm
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
1616 Posts
June 17 2011 13:06 GMT
#4039
On June 15 2011 22:37 Raidern wrote:
Santos FC will play against Peñarol tonight for the first match of the Copa Libertadores Final (aka South American Champions League).

I watched the first game and it was a really end-to-end exciting game (despite the 0-0 scoreline). Neymar wasn't all too impressive as he got essentially shut down by the Penarol left back (Rodriquez I think). He did look better when he switched to the left and could set up his overlapping left back.

I also thought that Santos really missed Ganso given nobody could really exert themselves and direct passes in the Penarol half. His replacement, Elano, didn't do all too good of a job. All in all, I found the game exciting and I feel like Penarol have a good chance in the second game even though they must be considered underdogs.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
June 19 2011 04:20 GMT
#4040
This cost RSL two points:

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Prev 1 200 201 202 203 204 208 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 275
BRAT_OK 97
JuggernautJason79
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 901
Shuttle 699
Zeus 82
soO 44
Hyun 43
ToSsGirL 32
scan(afreeca) 23
Sacsri 9
ZZZero.O 2
Dota 2
qojqva2189
420jenkins622
canceldota26
Counter-Strike
fl0m5146
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3414
Liquid`Hasu595
Other Games
FrodaN939
KnowMe226
Pyrionflax169
Livibee163
QueenE64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick632
StarCraft 2
angryscii 36
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 95
• 3DClanTV 58
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach98
• FirePhoenix29
• 80smullet 17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1757
Other Games
• imaqtpie667
• Shiphtur665
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 59m
Patches Events
19h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 59m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.