• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:01
CEST 08:01
KST 15:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7907 users

2010-2011 football (soccer) thread - Page 194

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 192 193 194 195 196 208 Next
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28908 Posts
May 14 2011 13:55 GMT
#3861
hooray blackpool!! amazing game today too, they're just such an entertaining team to watch.

sadly wolves also won so blackpool will need at least a draw on old trafford and that's not too likely, but luckily united is gonna play with their b-squad.
Moderator
yesitsrob
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom43 Posts
May 14 2011 14:00 GMT
#3862
Champions!

Now come on Stoke! House just down the road had a giant Stoke City flag in the window :D. Think one of the blue neighbours complained as it's gone now . Only one trophy in Manchester today would be ideal!
pyro19
Profile Joined August 2010
6575 Posts
May 14 2011 15:43 GMT
#3863
CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS

19 19 19 19 19

Manchester is my Heaven :D
Thy Shall Die Alone...or emm..something like that.
Azza
Profile Joined June 2010
China650 Posts
May 14 2011 16:10 GMT
#3864
Can't wait to see the summer transfers.
noezke
Profile Joined September 2010
England514 Posts
May 14 2011 16:11 GMT
#3865
Man City finally bought themselves a Trophy, congrats I guess.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jamo
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom13 Posts
May 14 2011 21:36 GMT
#3866
Gutted
Man City deserved it in the end.
Stoke City FC.
DatBoiRijad
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
100 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-14 23:51:34
May 14 2011 23:51 GMT
#3867
Is it too late to start playing at 15? I wanna go pro. I've played for 6 hours today, with only two 30 minute meals. Do I have any chance? That's all I'm looking for. I should be joining rec this fall, and if I'm good I hope to be scouted to be playing in FC Dallas youth by the time I'm 16.

p.s I've been playing on and off since I was 9. During the summer I would play a lot.
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28908 Posts
May 15 2011 05:53 GMT
#3868
it's not too late, there are many examples of players that basically sucked until they were 15-16 but who ended up being really good when they were 22.

but, most players in this category end up being center defenders, the best playmakers and forwards always seem to have grown up playing. this isn't weird - defenders need to be strong in areas where nobody is strong until they're 15 anyway, and the playmaker/forward roles tend to be picked by the best players early on (as the best players get first choice and those roles are the most fun.)
Moderator
norlock
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands918 Posts
May 15 2011 12:39 GMT
#3869
Twente vs Ajax The last game of the competition and the decider for the championship! Never before was it like this. http://www.rojadirecta.es/goto/www.alexzerosportshd.net/p/canal-2.html
Are you human?
Doctorbeat
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands13241 Posts
May 15 2011 13:38 GMT
#3870
On May 15 2011 21:39 norlock wrote:
Twente vs Ajax The last game of the competition and the decider for the championship! Never before was it like this. http://www.rojadirecta.es/goto/www.alexzerosportshd.net/p/canal-2.html


Stupid own goal from Landzaat, but Theo Janssen saves the day! 2-1 for Ajax atm.
- TEAM LIQUID - doctorbeat on LoL
Drewx
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia15 Posts
May 15 2011 14:19 GMT
#3871
On May 15 2011 08:51 DatBoiRijad wrote:
Is it too late to start playing at 15? I wanna go pro. I've played for 6 hours today, with only two 30 minute meals. Do I have any chance? That's all I'm looking for. I should be joining rec this fall, and if I'm good I hope to be scouted to be playing in FC Dallas youth by the time I'm 16.

p.s I've been playing on and off since I was 9. During the summer I would play a lot.


Not too late man look at Drogba didn't start full time training until he was 21 but it took him a couple of years to get to that point fitness wise.
Airship
Profile Joined August 2010
United States465 Posts
May 15 2011 14:43 GMT
#3872
What happened? Did Ajax win?
norlock
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands918 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-15 14:46:13
May 15 2011 14:45 GMT
#3873
On May 15 2011 23:43 Airship wrote:
What happened? Did Ajax win?

Yes they did 3-1 I feel so sad. Twente fan, twente played crap.
Are you human?
Play
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia608 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-15 14:53:50
May 15 2011 14:50 GMT
#3874
On May 15 2011 08:51 DatBoiRijad wrote:
Is it too late to start playing at 15? I wanna go pro. I've played for 6 hours today, with only two 30 minute meals. Do I have any chance? That's all I'm looking for. I should be joining rec this fall, and if I'm good I hope to be scouted to be playing in FC Dallas youth by the time I'm 16.

p.s I've been playing on and off since I was 9. During the summer I would play a lot.


Theres no reason why you can't play proffesionaly. It's a huge commitment and you'll need to practice literally every day and get to a top level of fitness but if you have the motivation there's nothing stopping you.

I have seen boys who were as good as me when i was 16 get scouted and scholarships/contracts in overseas football academys a year later...i was amazed at how much they improved in just a year so you definately have a chance
jmascis
Freaky[x]
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Canada995 Posts
May 15 2011 14:57 GMT
#3875
hmm roma lost at the last minute! LOL where is holgerius? sorry but the defense man had a brain fart
Fuell
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands3111 Posts
May 15 2011 15:16 GMT
#3876
AJAX <3

THREE STARS
* * *
fOu/Zenith/NEX/WeRRa/SlayerS
loazis
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands381 Posts
May 15 2011 15:17 GMT
#3877
* * * ! <3
There is no spoon.
BeaTeR
Profile Joined March 2003
Kazakhstan4130 Posts
May 15 2011 15:18 GMT
#3878
wow bent scores twice in 15 minutes at emirates
DatBoiRijad
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
100 Posts
May 15 2011 15:25 GMT
#3879
Wow thanks to everyone who replied. This is going to motivate me, I'm going to be playing football ALL the time now, I'm basically going to live football.
Twisted
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands13554 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-15 15:26:54
May 15 2011 15:26 GMT
#3880
AJAX!!

First championship since 7 years and finally the third star (30th championship).
Moderator
Prev 1 192 193 194 195 196 208 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4723
Leta 1719
Shuttle 697
Shine 42
ZergMaN 20
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm227
League of Legends
JimRising 630
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King39
Other Games
summit1g7628
WinterStarcraft628
Sick161
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick490
BasetradeTV196
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1419
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2177
League of Legends
• Lourlo1054
• Rush885
Other Games
• Shiphtur486
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 59m
Patches Events
8h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 59m
OSC
16h 59m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.