• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:52
CEST 19:52
KST 02:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6103 users

Quake Live! - Page 5

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 56 57 58 Next
zoltanqc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada171 Posts
August 07 2010 21:29 GMT
#81
I like the new large CA maps. I suck at HUB but hai new maps are kewl
AND THEN, THE INTERNETS EXPLODED.
Lovin
Profile Joined May 2009
Denmark812 Posts
August 07 2010 22:58 GMT
#82
Am I the only one disgusted by their new approach to non-subscribers? 12player only on all CA maps just seems like a sceme designed purely to fuck with everybody so much that they at last buy one of the damn subscriptions.

6v6 on the tiny maps just ends up in a rocket-surprise fuckfest, and I'm not sure I even wanna play that casually! Bring back 2v2 and 3v3, for the love of god..
AKA SuddenSalad
njAl
Profile Joined July 2010
Norway156 Posts
August 07 2010 23:03 GMT
#83
been waiting for this thread ;P
=^.^=
son1dow
Profile Joined May 2009
Lithuania322 Posts
August 08 2010 21:37 GMT
#84
<3 the new tdm and duel maps and can't wait to see them at quakecon, which, by the way, is 4 days!
Play more Quake.
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
August 09 2010 12:54 GMT
#85
So has anyone purchased the premium? Has anyone played FT? I only played Duels and CTFs before and besides some map adjustments everything stayed pretty much the same, so I'm not currently playing with the idea of paying, being a poor student.
En Taro Violet
f0rk
Profile Joined March 2010
England172 Posts
August 09 2010 13:29 GMT
#86
On August 09 2010 21:54 Stratos wrote:
So has anyone purchased the premium? Has anyone played FT? I only played Duels and CTFs before and besides some map adjustments everything stayed pretty much the same, so I'm not currently playing with the idea of paying, being a poor student.


There are 6 new duel maps and 4 new ctf maps that all seem some what playable, if you play regularly I don't see why you wouldn't get premium.
Freeze Tag is really fun to mess around in, I think I like it more than CA.
Defeat
Profile Joined March 2010
United States476 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-09 13:35:52
August 09 2010 13:29 GMT
#87
On August 09 2010 06:37 son1dow wrote:
<3 the new tdm and duel maps and can't wait to see them at quakecon, which, by the way, is 4 days!

Agreed. Q3/QL has needed new maps in the competitive circut for a while. I wish they'd taken out DM13 too though.
"the metagame has really evolved to the point where the best chance to win the metagame is to game the metagame" -Bags
son1dow
Profile Joined May 2009
Lithuania322 Posts
August 12 2010 12:11 GMT
#88
On August 09 2010 22:29 Defeat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2010 06:37 son1dow wrote:
<3 the new tdm and duel maps and can't wait to see them at quakecon, which, by the way, is 4 days!

Agreed. Q3/QL has needed new maps in the competitive circut for a while. I wish they'd taken out DM13 too though.



I think they will, just a bit later in, later tournaments.
Play more Quake.
deTwisj
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands288 Posts
August 12 2010 12:53 GMT
#89
I noticed they implemented them premium and pro subscriptions. I'm kinda sad that they only give you the option of paying on a yearly basis and keep in mind that its a persistant subscription (meaning, if you don't cancel it then it will keep on billing you on a yearly basis).

Regardless, I still got me a pro sub since I find quake one of the better games I've played. Funnily I hardly ever play online with it. Most of the time I just start up a bot match for a couple of minutes. Most of my old quake3 buddies already quit years ago (as did I, for a while) so my friendslist in QL is pretty thin (so yeah, lol, I can make servers yet I don't have any friends!).

Name: deTwisj
Region: EU (Netherlands)
Plays: CTF, decent; CA, not very good; Duel/TDM, hardly ever.
xD
zoltanqc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada171 Posts
August 17 2010 21:18 GMT
#90


this game is awesome
AND THEN, THE INTERNETS EXPLODED.
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
August 17 2010 21:36 GMT
#91
I got banned, can't update the op. sorry about that.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Gnabgib
Profile Joined July 2009
United States381 Posts
August 17 2010 23:48 GMT
#92
Anyone know if this is really Fatal1ty?
http://www.quakelive.com/#profile/summary/fatal1ty

Dude just stomped all over the FFA game I was in.
Obscure
Profile Joined July 2008
United States272 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-18 00:55:23
August 18 2010 00:55 GMT
#93
On August 18 2010 08:48 Gnabgib wrote:
Anyone know if this is really Fatal1ty?
http://www.quakelive.com/#profile/summary/fatal1ty

Dude just stomped all over the FFA game I was in.

That's him.
"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge" - Daniel J. Boorstin
Gnabgib
Profile Joined July 2009
United States381 Posts
August 18 2010 14:57 GMT
#94
On August 18 2010 09:55 Obscure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2010 08:48 Gnabgib wrote:
Anyone know if this is really Fatal1ty?
http://www.quakelive.com/#profile/summary/fatal1ty

Dude just stomped all over the FFA game I was in.

That's him.


Interesting. I really didn't think I was in a high tier for FFA either. Smurf much?

For those unaware, Fatal1ty's a former world champion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal1ty
krypti_c
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States64 Posts
August 19 2010 02:04 GMT
#95
kryptic92
USE
pretty bad honestly
Looking to get into duel so hit me up if you want someone to practice with
bigBONED
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway10 Posts
August 19 2010 07:34 GMT
#96
Played this quite a lot in the beta, but ive never tried a game that makes me rage like quake does. So i gave it up.
I didn't go to high school, i went to school high.
Corr
Profile Joined January 2009
Denmark796 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-19 07:55:51
August 19 2010 07:55 GMT
#97
On August 19 2010 16:34 bigBONED wrote:
Played this quite a lot in the beta, but ive never tried a game that makes me rage like quake does. So i gave it up.


Haha, all too familair with that. I think its because you get so tense playing it when you're not used to it and you put too much pressure on yourself
Xxio
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada5565 Posts
August 19 2010 09:17 GMT
#98
Thanks for putting this together, really helpful for a Quake noob like me

I've become more and more interested in Quake from QuakeCon, djWHEAT and now IEM. Of the videos you posted I've only watched the "Dueling" one where Rapha talks us through his strategy and mindset in the championship game. It was very interesting to watch and explains a lot about the game. Also, he holds himself really well, great eSports personality.
KTY
Obscure
Profile Joined July 2008
United States272 Posts
August 19 2010 17:49 GMT
#99
On August 19 2010 18:17 Xxio wrote:
Thanks for putting this together, really helpful for a Quake noob like me

I've become more and more interested in Quake from QuakeCon, djWHEAT and now IEM. Of the videos you posted I've only watched the "Dueling" one where Rapha talks us through his strategy and mindset in the championship game. It was very interesting to watch and explains a lot about the game. Also, he holds himself really well, great eSports personality.

Definitely check out last year's QuakeCon final if you liked this years (which was brilliant). It was Rapha vs Spartie and casted by DjWHEAT and TosspoT.

Game 1:
[image loading]


Can find the rest of the games on DjWHEAT's youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/djWHEAT.
"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge" - Daniel J. Boorstin
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
August 20 2010 01:08 GMT
#100
On August 19 2010 18:17 Xxio wrote:
Thanks for putting this together, really helpful for a Quake noob like me

I've become more and more interested in Quake from QuakeCon, djWHEAT and now IEM. Of the videos you posted I've only watched the "Dueling" one where Rapha talks us through his strategy and mindset in the championship game. It was very interesting to watch and explains a lot about the game. Also, he holds himself really well, great eSports personality.


I was planning to make the how to play section really good, unfortunately I can't edit the OP anymore. The rapha video alone will teach you a ton though!
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 56 57 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM679
TKL 343
TaKeTV 228
IndyStarCraft 197
BRAT_OK 108
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 679
TKL 343
IndyStarCraft 197
ProTech148
MaxPax 143
BRAT_OK 108
UpATreeSC 82
MindelVK 22
EmSc Tv 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 904
EffOrt 566
Mini 560
ggaemo 173
firebathero 142
White-Ra 59
Barracks 51
910 50
Shinee 48
Hyun 48
[ Show more ]
Shine 39
Killer 25
Bale 25
Trap 20
ToSsGirL 17
soO 15
yabsab 12
Dota 2
qojqva4036
Counter-Strike
Fnx 755
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4455
crisheroes1545
Liquid`Hasu1044
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2860
singsing1639
B2W.Neo902
ceh9634
Beastyqt607
ArmadaUGS158
C9.Mang0128
Dewaltoss56
Trikslyr45
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream486
Other Games
BasetradeTV175
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 17
EmSc2Tv 17
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile116
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2494
• TFBlade824
Other Games
• Shiphtur272
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 8m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.