• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:12
CEST 16:12
KST 23:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7763 users

Quake Live! - Page 34

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 58 Next
Venser
Profile Joined April 2012
Croatia232 Posts
December 18 2012 19:29 GMT
#661
Premium Pak 15

There's more than the season to be jolly around here at the QUAKE LIVE World Headquarters, this season also marks the 15th anniversary of Quake II. What better time than now, and with the 15th Premium Pak no less, to celebrate the release of Quake II with the Quake II themed Premium Pak. We've got both seasons in mind with these new arenas: two deathmatch arenas from the original Quake II, a brand new TDM arena with a Strogg theme, and finally a brand new CTF arena set in the snow.

We are also launching public PQL Clan Arena servers available to both Premium and Pro players. These are now available in most locations in tiered and unrestricted variations.




The Edge:

Built for the new year is QUAKE LIVE's new version of The Edge. This version has been built off the original Quake II source, providing an authentic Edge-xperience, with a Strogg-inspired theme new to QUAKE LIVE. While the gameplay remains largely similar, elimination based game modes feature a teleporter inspired by the Quake 1 version of the arena: a two way portal in between the catwalks near the Rocket Launcher, and the Railgun room, to discourage those looking to wait out the around in solitude. The Edge takes the place of Winter's Edge, and will be available through the new year.

Warehouse:

Also making its QUAKE LIVE debut is Quake II's Warehouse. The Strogg have seen fit to retrofit a recently taken military warehouse to process and manufacture Stroyent for the Strogg war machine. A hidden Battle Suit at the end of the conveyor belt awaits those up along the top of the facility, but be careful of being crushed, and recently installed decontaminating lasers. A few new tricks and spaces have been opened up since this warehouse was last visited, creating new routes for combat veterans who have fought here before. Warehouse is also available through the new year.

Left Behind:

Left Behind is a new Strogg-themed Team Deathmatch arena created by Ferdinand 'cityy' List. Left Behind offers lot of nooks and jumps to skip around areas to best fit your strategy. The central area features a large rock hanging over lava, so some caution is required when speeding around the rooms, especially when playing with PQL. Left Behind is also more than suitable for Clan Arena modes.

Cold Cathode (CTF):

Rounding out this update is a new Capture the Flag arena, created by cityy and Phantazm11. Cold Cathode is certainly a cool looking map, both literally due to the snow, and also from the fluorescent light beams that wrap around the arena. Defenders have a Yellow Armor, Megahealth, and Red Armor well within their reach, but will have to lose sight of their flag in order to grab them. Flag carriers have ample opportunity to run, and outmaneuver chasing defenders by switching routes. Teams will want to defend the alternating Regeneration and Quad Damage between the bases to most effectively aid their offense.
Ethical
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany9 Posts
December 21 2012 17:14 GMT
#662
Name: Lekii
Region: Europe (Germany)
Skill: Decent, but nothing too impressive (~1600 elo in duel, cb div2 back then in ctf)
Gametype : Duel, CTF (only irc pickup or cw's)
Jayson X
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Switzerland2431 Posts
December 28 2012 23:18 GMT
#663
God dammit I can't believe I totally missed the e-sport side of this game and now it seems on the down
Have pretty much been consuming all the youtube videos available from tournaments in the past few days. 2GD and Joe are fantastic commentators that really bring you the game and it's surprisingly many layers closers.

I must confess I was totally ignorant when it came to fps e-sport, and still am, but quake live is something else. Kinda like broodwar where you watch way more than play yourself and you can really see the styles when watching these players.

Can someone give me some infos on how the scene is doing in terms of upcoming tournaments to watch?
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
December 28 2012 23:20 GMT
#664
http://www.esreality.com/

^ this is more or less the only site where you can reliably get info on such things I believe.

"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Venser
Profile Joined April 2012
Croatia232 Posts
January 02 2013 19:19 GMT
#665
Dreamhack Winter 2012 highlights video is finally completed

Venser
Profile Joined April 2012
Croatia232 Posts
January 12 2013 05:44 GMT
#666
Venser
Profile Joined April 2012
Croatia232 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-17 05:23:45
January 17 2013 05:22 GMT
#667
666th reply

[image loading]
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
January 17 2013 05:36 GMT
#668
haha beautiful
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Venser
Profile Joined April 2012
Croatia232 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-19 08:50:37
January 19 2013 08:50 GMT
#669
[image loading]

Some of the most iconic CPM maps are coming to Quake Live next week.

Foolish Legacy (cpm21)
Use and Abuse (cpm3a)
Wicked (cpm1a)

Premium Pak 16 sneak peek
sulit
Profile Joined October 2012
United States36 Posts
January 20 2013 16:02 GMT
#670
http://www.twitch.tv/faceittv
faceit cup
Musicofmelkor
Profile Joined August 2012
United States24 Posts
February 01 2013 11:29 GMT
#671
On December 29 2012 08:18 Jayson X wrote:


Can someone give me some infos on how the scene is doing in terms of upcoming tournaments to watch?



Game is somehow doing better without a LAN scene
A lot of pros said they were going to stop playing but they all still play.
Tdm is supposedly doing really well in Europe.
Weekly online tournaments for duel
Mlg says they have interest in a pc fps game
So start playing now if you have any interest in competing
Learn the ropes in ql and you'll be ready to take on any future fps

As for watching
Esreality.com is the quakelive hub

Look up on the top corner to see the streams
Qlranktv is usually on 24/7
You can watch practice games from good-great players there
sulit
Profile Joined October 2012
United States36 Posts
February 03 2013 14:08 GMT
#672
http://www.twitch.tv/faceittv

Stream

User was warned for this post
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
February 03 2013 17:20 GMT
#673
Question about the premium paks. Are most of the active players in the community purchasing those packs? I've been playing for a few weeks now and most of the time I just see Clan arena games that are active. I want to start trying to play TDM games so I can start to learn the spawn timings and etc. I could do the same in Duel, except there's no one to play with =_=. The Duel games that are active are like Tier 4. I'm Tier 3 in CA and etc, but in Duel I'm definitely going to be noob lol. I don't even know if the tier system is that accurate anyway, I see such a wide range of skill in my CA games.
sulit
Profile Joined October 2012
United States36 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-03 17:29:18
February 03 2013 17:28 GMT
#674
On February 04 2013 02:20 Snuggles wrote:
Question about the premium paks. Are most of the active players in the community purchasing those packs? I've been playing for a few weeks now and most of the time I just see Clan arena games that are active. I want to start trying to play TDM games so I can start to learn the spawn timings and etc. I could do the same in Duel, except there's no one to play with =_=. The Duel games that are active are like Tier 4. I'm Tier 3 in CA and etc, but in Duel I'm definitely going to be noob lol. I don't even know if the tier system is that accurate anyway, I see such a wide range of skill in my CA games.

in North America, there aren't that many people with premium. I think most Duelists have premium though. and for skill ranking try checking QLRANKS
some of the games played don't get updated though. but i think qlranks is definitely better than quake lives tier system
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
February 03 2013 17:32 GMT
#675
On February 04 2013 02:28 sulit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2013 02:20 Snuggles wrote:
Question about the premium paks. Are most of the active players in the community purchasing those packs? I've been playing for a few weeks now and most of the time I just see Clan arena games that are active. I want to start trying to play TDM games so I can start to learn the spawn timings and etc. I could do the same in Duel, except there's no one to play with =_=. The Duel games that are active are like Tier 4. I'm Tier 3 in CA and etc, but in Duel I'm definitely going to be noob lol. I don't even know if the tier system is that accurate anyway, I see such a wide range of skill in my CA games.

in North America, there aren't that many people with premium. I think most Duelists have premium though. and for skill ranking try checking QLRANKS
some of the games played don't get updated though. but i think qlranks is definitely better than quake lives tier system


Wow QLranks is awesome. Holy crap thanks.
Musicofmelkor
Profile Joined August 2012
United States24 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-03 20:01:08
February 03 2013 19:08 GMT
#676
faceit cup finals live right now

evil vs spartie

evil is the #1 player worldwide(imo)
good stuff

<deleted link>
Musicofmelkor
Profile Joined August 2012
United States24 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-03 20:54:33
February 03 2013 19:20 GMT
#677
omg, evil was so dominant he made the other guy rage
hoping to see more tournament action from evil. he is sick
Venser
Profile Joined April 2012
Croatia232 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-03 21:25:12
February 03 2013 21:20 GMT
#678
On February 04 2013 02:32 Snuggles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2013 02:28 sulit wrote:
On February 04 2013 02:20 Snuggles wrote:
Question about the premium paks. Are most of the active players in the community purchasing those packs? I've been playing for a few weeks now and most of the time I just see Clan arena games that are active. I want to start trying to play TDM games so I can start to learn the spawn timings and etc. I could do the same in Duel, except there's no one to play with =_=. The Duel games that are active are like Tier 4. I'm Tier 3 in CA and etc, but in Duel I'm definitely going to be noob lol. I don't even know if the tier system is that accurate anyway, I see such a wide range of skill in my CA games.

in North America, there aren't that many people with premium. I think most Duelists have premium though. and for skill ranking try checking QLRANKS
some of the games played don't get updated though. but i think qlranks is definitely better than quake lives tier system


Wow QLranks is awesome. Holy crap thanks.


QLranks is pretty accurate in measuring skill level, at least for duel. If you use Firefox, I recommend you to install QLRanks Display Greasemonkey script, which shows players elo ranks on their profiles and when you click to see match details.
It looks like this

QLPrism (lightweight browser for QL) has it built in.
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
February 03 2013 23:39 GMT
#679
On February 04 2013 02:28 sulit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2013 02:20 Snuggles wrote:
Question about the premium paks. Are most of the active players in the community purchasing those packs? I've been playing for a few weeks now and most of the time I just see Clan arena games that are active. I want to start trying to play TDM games so I can start to learn the spawn timings and etc. I could do the same in Duel, except there's no one to play with =_=. The Duel games that are active are like Tier 4. I'm Tier 3 in CA and etc, but in Duel I'm definitely going to be noob lol. I don't even know if the tier system is that accurate anyway, I see such a wide range of skill in my CA games.

in North America, there aren't that many people with premium. I think most Duelists have premium though. and for skill ranking try checking QLRANKS
some of the games played don't get updated though. but i think qlranks is definitely better than quake lives tier system


wow, are you kidding? this site is awesome!
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
February 03 2013 23:58 GMT
#680
Hey guys help me out. I'm having a lot of trouble staying alive in Clan Arena. It seems like I tend to get myself into sticky situations. Like sometimes I would jump right into a group of enemies around a corner, or run away from a 1v2 just to go face first into another enemy =(
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1105
RotterdaM623
SteadfastSC290
TKL 223
Rex134
CosmosSc2 37
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 623
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 223
Rex 134
CosmosSc2 37
Codebar 33
ProTech25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42686
Calm 2840
Shuttle 2376
Jaedong 1594
Horang2 932
actioN 641
Mini 586
Soma 512
EffOrt 446
Soulkey 442
[ Show more ]
Stork 331
Rush 304
Larva 243
ZerO 223
BeSt 223
Snow 188
Mong 138
firebathero 132
Zeus 94
Mind 82
hero 70
910 69
Free 62
sorry 59
Hyun 47
Sharp 45
Shine 37
Shinee 36
PianO 35
Pusan 31
JYJ 29
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 23
Aegong 22
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 19
HiyA 17
Hm[arnc] 16
Killer 13
Rock 12
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 12
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5115
Dendi1248
Counter-Strike
fl0m2161
Fnx 596
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King175
ChuDatz4
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes621
Lowko366
Other Games
singsing2199
hiko678
B2W.Neo352
DeMusliM227
Livibee182
Pyrionflax178
Khaldor155
Liquid`VortiX137
Trikslyr67
QueenE64
dupreeh43
ZerO(Twitch)14
Liquid`RaSZi8
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1403
Other Games
BasetradeTV186
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH215
• mYiSmile15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2160
• Jankos1715
• TFBlade650
• Noizen101
Other Games
• Shiphtur598
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 48m
The PondCast
19h 48m
INu's Battles
20h 48m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.