• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:31
CEST 23:31
KST 06:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8220 users

NBA 09-10: The Roundball Rock - Page 87

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 111 Next
iLoveKT
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Philippines3615 Posts
February 25 2010 10:10 GMT
#1721
On February 22 2010 05:16 sixghost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2010 19:20 igotmyown wrote:
And Bobcats are quietly getting scary. Stephen Jackson and now Tyrus Thomas. And since when did Theo Ratliff play for the Bobcats?

They might make 4th seed at this rate.

As someone who watches the bulls, it's so weird to hear someone be excited about tyrus being on their team.

yeah im a die hard bulls fan and I can tell you Tyrus is a piece of shit.
Woo Jung Ho
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
February 25 2010 10:16 GMT
#1722
On February 25 2010 19:03 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2010 15:06 Xeris wrote:
he's had 4 this season, and I think he's only missed 1.

Also - the stat is really flawed. Considering he takes more last second shots than any other player, it's not surprising that he misses often. What would be an interesting state would be to compare how many games the Lakers have won over the past several season decided by 3 points or less. Because I know this season they've only lost 1 game that was in that range. That shows a lot about Kobe's ability to win games.

Furthermore, despite what statistics say, there is a REASON 30/30 GM's / Coaches in the NBA say "I want Kobe to take the last shot" . Because stats don't tell the true story.

I don't like Kobe's decision making when it comes to game winning shots. It seems like he forces a lot of bad shots, and takes 3s when he doesn't really need to. Granted, I'm a Nuggets fanboy but I'd probably take Carmelo at the end of the game, maybe because the Nuggets have 2 other options at the end of the game so it's easier for him to find a good shot. I'd maybe even take Wade too.


I'd take Wade over Lebron. I still think Wade is an overall better player than Lebron but that's a discussion for another day.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-25 11:04:26
February 25 2010 11:03 GMT
#1723
o.o

Kobe does get credit for his FT shooting, which is substantially better than Lebron/Wade. Lebron makes you cringe at the end of games sometimes, when he gets to the line.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
RowdierBob
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Australia13526 Posts
February 25 2010 12:36 GMT
#1724
Another strong game by Bogut.

Guy is seriously underrated these days.

I really think only Howard is ahead of him as best C in the NBA.
"Terrans are pretty much space-Australians" - H
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
February 25 2010 19:13 GMT
#1725
Being on a shitty team will underrate you.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
February 25 2010 19:36 GMT
#1726
Wasn't Bogut hurt for a period of time too?
Get it by your hands...
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
February 25 2010 19:57 GMT
#1727
Bogut has REALLY picked it up and is starting to live up to the "#1" status of his draft pick, really liking him this season
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
bdams19
Profile Joined January 2005
United States1316 Posts
February 25 2010 23:56 GMT
#1728
ya bogut was out nearly all of last year with a bad back
BlueRoyaL
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States2493 Posts
February 26 2010 00:06 GMT
#1729
On February 25 2010 19:16 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2010 19:03 Jibba wrote:
On February 24 2010 15:06 Xeris wrote:
he's had 4 this season, and I think he's only missed 1.

Also - the stat is really flawed. Considering he takes more last second shots than any other player, it's not surprising that he misses often. What would be an interesting state would be to compare how many games the Lakers have won over the past several season decided by 3 points or less. Because I know this season they've only lost 1 game that was in that range. That shows a lot about Kobe's ability to win games.

Furthermore, despite what statistics say, there is a REASON 30/30 GM's / Coaches in the NBA say "I want Kobe to take the last shot" . Because stats don't tell the true story.

I don't like Kobe's decision making when it comes to game winning shots. It seems like he forces a lot of bad shots, and takes 3s when he doesn't really need to. Granted, I'm a Nuggets fanboy but I'd probably take Carmelo at the end of the game, maybe because the Nuggets have 2 other options at the end of the game so it's easier for him to find a good shot. I'd maybe even take Wade too.


I'd take Wade over Lebron. I still think Wade is an overall better player than Lebron but that's a discussion for another day.


today is another day. for what reasons you think wade > lebron? just curious..
WHAT'S HAPPENIN
igotmyown
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4291 Posts
February 26 2010 00:09 GMT
#1730
On February 25 2010 20:03 Jibba wrote:
o.o

Kobe does get credit for his FT shooting, which is substantially better than Lebron/Wade. Lebron makes you cringe at the end of games sometimes, when he gets to the line.


Lebron's problem is that he thinks that there's nothing he can't do, so the concept of shot selection is lost on him. A 3 pointer 10 feet away from the line over a defender? Why not, he's lebron.

I remember someone writing that he was the epitome of the hot hand theory. For every ridiculous shot he makes, he'll try an even more ridiculous shot. Then when he starts missing them, he'll just stop taking them altogether.

Here's a solution for Mike Brown: make Lebron play two on one versus Shaq and somebody, say Delonte West. Alternate possessions and Shaq stands underneath the basket. Keep playing until lebron realizes that no matter how talented he is, horrible long 2's and 3's can't keep up with easy baskets.
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
February 26 2010 00:53 GMT
#1731
too bad lebron would probably beat shaq and delonte, haha
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
igotmyown
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4291 Posts
February 26 2010 01:54 GMT
#1732
Lebron's guarding Nate Robinson? Oh wait, that's Mo Williams hulking over him.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
February 26 2010 02:58 GMT
#1733
On February 26 2010 09:06 BlueRoyaL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2010 19:16 Ace wrote:
On February 25 2010 19:03 Jibba wrote:
On February 24 2010 15:06 Xeris wrote:
he's had 4 this season, and I think he's only missed 1.

Also - the stat is really flawed. Considering he takes more last second shots than any other player, it's not surprising that he misses often. What would be an interesting state would be to compare how many games the Lakers have won over the past several season decided by 3 points or less. Because I know this season they've only lost 1 game that was in that range. That shows a lot about Kobe's ability to win games.

Furthermore, despite what statistics say, there is a REASON 30/30 GM's / Coaches in the NBA say "I want Kobe to take the last shot" . Because stats don't tell the true story.

I don't like Kobe's decision making when it comes to game winning shots. It seems like he forces a lot of bad shots, and takes 3s when he doesn't really need to. Granted, I'm a Nuggets fanboy but I'd probably take Carmelo at the end of the game, maybe because the Nuggets have 2 other options at the end of the game so it's easier for him to find a good shot. I'd maybe even take Wade too.


I'd take Wade over Lebron. I still think Wade is an overall better player than Lebron but that's a discussion for another day.


today is another day. for what reasons you think wade > lebron? just curious..


Better Shooter, arguably a better scorer, better defense all throughout his career. Lebron is a better passer though I'll give him that. Wade is just as clutch. In fact if it comes down to taking the last shot to win the game there are a couple of people I'd pick over Lebron or at least give heavy thought to - Kobe, Wade, Roy, Durant, Nowitzki to name a few.

Also I just think Wade's game is so MJ based he can be valuable in the league longer. Don't get me wrong - Lebron is a beast. However so much of his game is based on mismatches, a system that's built around him and not the team, and the major fact that his physical gifts are what makes him dominant. The last being something that will fade over time. The way I see it in terms of pure skill Wade is better. Lebron is of course going to get better but I think Wade has him beat.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
February 26 2010 03:53 GMT
#1734
As long as LeBron's body holds out he'll be the better player purely based on physical gifts.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
February 26 2010 04:51 GMT
#1735
THABEET TO THE D-LEAGUE !! GG
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
il0seonpurpose
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)5638 Posts
February 26 2010 04:53 GMT
#1736
On February 26 2010 13:51 Xeris wrote:
THABEET TO THE D-LEAGUE !! GG



Yeah, that sucks... I wonder why they chose Thabeet, I heard he's been pretty apathetic since draft night
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
February 26 2010 04:59 GMT
#1737
On February 26 2010 13:53 il0seonpurpose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2010 13:51 Xeris wrote:
THABEET TO THE D-LEAGUE !! GG



Yeah, that sucks... I wonder why they chose Thabeet, I heard he's been pretty apathetic since draft night

Did you watch him at UConn? He was apathetic way before draft night.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-26 06:24:09
February 26 2010 05:23 GMT
#1738
I actually think Wade's career is in jeopardy of ending sooner than Lebron's. They're both fairly reckless, but Lebron's got a much stronger frame and people are less willing to challenge him.

I think Lebron is more versatile as well. As a 2, Wade is better but Lebron has just become a menace as a point-forward. Matching up with Wade is easier.

EDIT: It's interesting that as a Pistons fans, I know how good he is but I will never fear Kobe like I do Lebron or Wade. I'm sure Kings and Magic fans feel differently.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
TheMusiC
Profile Joined January 2004
United States1054 Posts
February 26 2010 05:46 GMT
#1739
stephen curry just made the birdman look like a fool
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-26 06:03:02
February 26 2010 06:01 GMT
#1740
Yeah, that and the catch/baseball pass were pretty impressive. o.o

God, Billups handle is sloppy tonight. He's shooting/driving well though.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 111 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O96
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 104
Railgan 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15469
Dewaltoss 171
firebathero 115
ZZZero.O 96
Hyuk 90
Terrorterran 23
Dota 2
febbydoto51
League of Legends
Doublelift3586
Counter-Strike
Fnx 785
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5753
crisheroes895
Other Games
summit1g5691
FrodaN2534
fl0m804
mouzStarbuck367
KnowMe301
ToD269
ArmadaUGS104
Mew2King53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1155
BasetradeTV198
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream95
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 78
• Hupsaiya 26
• musti20045 23
• Adnapsc2 18
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen117
Other Games
• imaqtpie842
• Shiphtur215
• tFFMrPink 17
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 29m
INu's Battles
14h 29m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 29m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 29m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.