• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:12
CEST 05:12
KST 12:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9589 users

Smash Bros. Melee General Discussion - Page 50

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 188 Next
We have created an irc channel (#tl-smash on Quakenet) for people to find others to play with on Dolphin or just to chat about Smash. Feel free to join!
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
January 20 2014 04:20 GMT
#981
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

Casuals after Apex. Amsa vs. Nintendude now.
Moderator
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
January 20 2014 05:43 GMT
#982
Amsa's legit. I really wanna see him play axe or shroomed.
Liquipedia
Deezl
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States355 Posts
January 20 2014 06:40 GMT
#983
I think Amsa took Axe out in Winner's.
Three hundred lives of men I have walked this world, and now I have no time.
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
January 20 2014 07:11 GMT
#984
That was a pretty hype Top 8, all things considered. Leffen vs. Mango omfg.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
January 20 2014 08:15 GMT
#985
damn pp played out of his mind today
Writer
GranDGranT
Profile Joined April 2011
Sri Lanka2141 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-20 08:39:18
January 20 2014 08:38 GMT
#986
Leffen vs Mango was the set to watch, Amsa was the player to watch, and if you love just good overally play , then obviously peepee is the guy to watch.

EDIT: I always enjoyed Waffles Casting and Casuals all weekend
All Dota 2 casters are bad at their job
pPingu
Profile Joined September 2011
Switzerland2892 Posts
January 20 2014 10:06 GMT
#987
On January 20 2014 15:40 Deezl wrote:
I think Amsa took Axe out in Winner's.


Oh, sounds like a nice game
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
January 20 2014 10:54 GMT
#988
On January 17 2014 02:43 oob wrote:
Anyone coming to Sweden for BEAST in february?


I'm going for sure, I'll help set it up and everything since I live like 15 minutes from the venue.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Nickemwit
Profile Joined December 2007
United States253 Posts
January 20 2014 12:28 GMT
#989
On January 20 2014 10:08 Duka08 wrote:
Though, I will say, PP's Falco is easily the most entertaining. He makes everyone else's look stale, especially the people that switch from Fox to Falco between rounds.

o.O PP is easily the most standard, by the book player around
Fight Fire with ShrieK
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-20 12:41:29
January 20 2014 12:41 GMT
#990
this was so hype, im so glad i stayed up to watch this

congrats dr pp that guy seems like a good dude (even tho I know nothing about him)
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-20 19:20:33
January 20 2014 19:20 GMT
#991
On January 20 2014 21:41 Hot_Bid wrote:
this was so hype, im so glad i stayed up to watch this

congrats dr pp that guy seems like a good dude (even tho I know nothing about him)


I met him at Apex 2012 and at Smashers Reunion in Norway and I've talked to him a ton online. He gives tons of advice and is a funny dude.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-21 16:09:14
January 21 2014 16:04 GMT
#992
On January 20 2014 21:28 ShrieK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 10:08 Duka08 wrote:
Though, I will say, PP's Falco is easily the most entertaining. He makes everyone else's look stale, especially the people that switch from Fox to Falco between rounds.

o.O PP is easily the most standard, by the book player around

I can see that, but as far as the Falcos that showed up in Top 8, his looked better by a pretty good margin, and thus was more entertaining. That seemed to be the way everyone was playing that character (that I saw at least), and so whoever is the cleanest looks the best. There were other characters where style differences stood out more.

Changing subjects, I have a curiosity question for Melee fans/players. Few colleagues of mine have been motivated to start hosting some Melee events now (would NOT be surprised if it had to do with Apex haha), and I want to brush up a bit. I've played plenty of melee way back when, but I never picked up Fox. Obviously he's one of the best competitively, but I'm wondering, at "equal" levels of execution (my friends and I), will a Fox player be underhanded? Basically I guess I'm asking if he's still high-tier against similarly skilled opponents, or if you NEED better execution to make him work at all, even at low(er) levels of play.
EchOne
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2906 Posts
January 21 2014 16:17 GMT
#993
Fox still has a lot of strong tools at lower levels of play, even before you master all the craziness of his shine. Try out simple stuff like JC upsmash and upthrow->upair. He'll also still be very mobile, with more solid moves in dash attack, utilt, ftilt, fsmash, nair, bair. Also a gun. Also a miraculously long up-B.
面白くない世の中, 面白くすればいいさ
FezTheCaliph
Profile Joined February 2010
United States492 Posts
January 21 2014 16:19 GMT
#994
On January 20 2014 16:11 Kyuukyuu wrote:
That was a pretty hype Top 8, all things considered. Leffen vs. Mango omfg.

Lost 20 bucks betting on that match. I was at the venue and had to drive to an atm because the one at the hotel was cashed out.
It is better to be on hand with ten men then absent with ten thousand
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
January 21 2014 22:09 GMT
#995
On January 22 2014 01:04 Duka08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 21:28 ShrieK wrote:
On January 20 2014 10:08 Duka08 wrote:
Though, I will say, PP's Falco is easily the most entertaining. He makes everyone else's look stale, especially the people that switch from Fox to Falco between rounds.

o.O PP is easily the most standard, by the book player around

I can see that, but as far as the Falcos that showed up in Top 8, his looked better by a pretty good margin, and thus was more entertaining. That seemed to be the way everyone was playing that character (that I saw at least), and so whoever is the cleanest looks the best. There were other characters where style differences stood out more.

Changing subjects, I have a curiosity question for Melee fans/players. Few colleagues of mine have been motivated to start hosting some Melee events now (would NOT be surprised if it had to do with Apex haha), and I want to brush up a bit. I've played plenty of melee way back when, but I never picked up Fox. Obviously he's one of the best competitively, but I'm wondering, at "equal" levels of execution (my friends and I), will a Fox player be underhanded? Basically I guess I'm asking if he's still high-tier against similarly skilled opponents, or if you NEED better execution to make him work at all, even at low(er) levels of play.


Fox is still pretty good, just shieldgrab uthrow->uair everybody in the game. Sheik and Marth are OP for casuals though.
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
January 21 2014 23:04 GMT
#996
On January 22 2014 01:19 FezTheCaliph wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 16:11 Kyuukyuu wrote:
That was a pretty hype Top 8, all things considered. Leffen vs. Mango omfg.

Lost 20 bucks betting on that match. I was at the venue and had to drive to an atm because the one at the hotel was cashed out.


Why would you bet on leffen? Serious question haha.

It would've been 3-1 too if Mango didn't SD on FD.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
January 22 2014 00:50 GMT
#997
On January 22 2014 08:04 Zoler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2014 01:19 FezTheCaliph wrote:
On January 20 2014 16:11 Kyuukyuu wrote:
That was a pretty hype Top 8, all things considered. Leffen vs. Mango omfg.

Lost 20 bucks betting on that match. I was at the venue and had to drive to an atm because the one at the hotel was cashed out.


Why would you bet on leffen? Serious question haha.

It would've been 3-1 too if Mango didn't SD on FD.


Yeah I was extremely surprised Leffen managed to take two games, but Mango turned it on in game 5
I was also surprised that he beat HBox O_O
Writer
ThatGuy
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada695 Posts
January 22 2014 01:09 GMT
#998
On January 22 2014 08:04 Zoler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2014 01:19 FezTheCaliph wrote:
On January 20 2014 16:11 Kyuukyuu wrote:
That was a pretty hype Top 8, all things considered. Leffen vs. Mango omfg.

Lost 20 bucks betting on that match. I was at the venue and had to drive to an atm because the one at the hotel was cashed out.


Why would you bet on leffen? Serious question haha.

It would've been 3-1 too if Mango didn't SD on FD.


He could have been given odds ^^
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-22 03:13:46
January 22 2014 03:10 GMT
#999
On January 22 2014 09:50 ]343[ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2014 08:04 Zoler wrote:
On January 22 2014 01:19 FezTheCaliph wrote:
On January 20 2014 16:11 Kyuukyuu wrote:
That was a pretty hype Top 8, all things considered. Leffen vs. Mango omfg.

Lost 20 bucks betting on that match. I was at the venue and had to drive to an atm because the one at the hotel was cashed out.


Why would you bet on leffen? Serious question haha.

It would've been 3-1 too if Mango didn't SD on FD.


Yeah I was extremely surprised Leffen managed to take two games, but Mango turned it on in game 5
I was also surprised that he beat HBox O_O


I'm not THAT surprised about Hbox tbh. Leffen has done well before and the matchup is immensely in foxs favor and this is coming from a high level fox main.

On January 22 2014 07:09 Kyuukyuu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2014 01:04 Duka08 wrote:
On January 20 2014 21:28 ShrieK wrote:
On January 20 2014 10:08 Duka08 wrote:
Though, I will say, PP's Falco is easily the most entertaining. He makes everyone else's look stale, especially the people that switch from Fox to Falco between rounds.

o.O PP is easily the most standard, by the book player around

I can see that, but as far as the Falcos that showed up in Top 8, his looked better by a pretty good margin, and thus was more entertaining. That seemed to be the way everyone was playing that character (that I saw at least), and so whoever is the cleanest looks the best. There were other characters where style differences stood out more.

Changing subjects, I have a curiosity question for Melee fans/players. Few colleagues of mine have been motivated to start hosting some Melee events now (would NOT be surprised if it had to do with Apex haha), and I want to brush up a bit. I've played plenty of melee way back when, but I never picked up Fox. Obviously he's one of the best competitively, but I'm wondering, at "equal" levels of execution (my friends and I), will a Fox player be underhanded? Basically I guess I'm asking if he's still high-tier against similarly skilled opponents, or if you NEED better execution to make him work at all, even at low(er) levels of play.


Fox is still pretty good, just shieldgrab uthrow->uair everybody in the game. Sheik and Marth are OP for casuals though.


Nah, I definitely don't agree with this. You NEED to know SHFFL somewhat waveshine to even stand a chance vs equally skilled sheiks or marths.

I know a few players that started out with fox or falco, but didn't put in the techskill practice and very shortly got outclassed by their friends playing other characters. When they switched from spacies to other characters OR upped their techskill, it instantly became even, without any increase in game knowledge.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
oob
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden630 Posts
January 29 2014 17:01 GMT
#1000
Beast soon, yeah! Anyone coming? Say hello!
Happiest man on earth
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings52
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 193
PiLiPiLi 45
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3141
ViBE156
Bale 22
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever397
NeuroSwarm214
Counter-Strike
summit1g7184
taco 640
Other Games
JimRising 576
WinterStarcraft418
C9.Mang0291
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1084
BasetradeTV176
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP108
• davetesta26
• practicex 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1098
• Shiphtur322
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
6h 48m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
8h 48m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.