• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:00
CEST 15:00
KST 22:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9253 users

Mind Over Mechanics - Page 2

Forum Index > Final Edits
107 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
November 15 2008 15:05 GMT
#21
On November 15 2008 23:50 simcar wrote:
2 Zoler , in replays he did 3 hatch play,but watch his VODS and u will see that he is talent,and he uses his brain.ROBOTS can not be in FINALS 6 times without break !!! see---> Jaedong,FLash etc...
I think u + Show Spoiler +
noob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STFU PLS


hahahha I see you are a fanboy. fanboys always get angry when you say something bad about their love. and what, he is talent? ]
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Spenguin
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia3316 Posts
November 15 2008 15:05 GMT
#22
Awesome read. I'm still amazed that this humble 2D game of Brood War that is over 10 years old is being constantly re-discovered everyday
< TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #46 > I came for the Brood War, I stayed for the people.
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
November 15 2008 15:07 GMT
#23
Nice read, very very well written.
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
eazo
Profile Joined March 2008
United States530 Posts
November 15 2008 15:17 GMT
#24
Very nice read which is very well written! thx
Phradamon
Profile Joined January 2008
Romania191 Posts
November 15 2008 15:19 GMT
#25
I remember Boxers lockdown on Battlecruiesers (Nada's i think) or a godly match Nal_ra vs Savior or Nal_ra vs Boxer.
Old times, old times...
I have the ultimate answer, i seek the ultimate question
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
November 15 2008 15:19 GMT
#26
On November 16 2008 00:05 Zoler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2008 23:50 simcar wrote:
2 Zoler , in replays he did 3 hatch play,but watch his VODS and u will see that he is talent,and he uses his brain.ROBOTS can not be in FINALS 6 times without break !!! see---> Jaedong,FLash etc...
I think u + Show Spoiler +
noob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STFU PLS


hahahha I see you are a fanboy. fanboys always get angry when you say something bad about their love. and what, he is talent? ]


maybe he meant talented...

and yeah, I agree with your post zoler, he did the same thing every game, but I think that you failed to mention that his game was untouchable thats why he had that 90% win rate and you got flamed by someone with less that 20 posts.

I haven't really been in the sAviOr era, but I think he was one of the great players who were untouchable, won an OSL, then slumped, and is making a come back. This is when the Mind gets in, just look at Boxer, 2 straight OSLs, only getting defeated by the Legend Of Fall (like 4 times). He is a very good example of a player with a good, even exceptional, mental strength. sAviOr stayed in the spotlight with his perfect game sense and his talent, but after winning the OSL, he went into a slump.


I'd love to see him in a comeback. and yeah, he is a fanboy.
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
November 15 2008 15:26 GMT
#27
On November 16 2008 00:19 SilverSkyLark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2008 00:05 Zoler wrote:
On November 15 2008 23:50 simcar wrote:
2 Zoler , in replays he did 3 hatch play,but watch his VODS and u will see that he is talent,and he uses his brain.ROBOTS can not be in FINALS 6 times without break !!! see---> Jaedong,FLash etc...
I think u + Show Spoiler +
noob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STFU PLS


hahahha I see you are a fanboy. fanboys always get angry when you say something bad about their love. and what, he is talent? ]


maybe he meant talented...

and yeah, I agree with your post zoler, he did the same thing every game, but I think that you failed to mention that his game was untouchable thats why he had that 90% win rate and you got flamed by someone with less that 20 posts.

I haven't really been in the sAviOr era, but I think he was one of the great players who were untouchable, won an OSL, then slumped, and is making a come back. This is when the Mind gets in, just look at Boxer, 2 straight OSLs, only getting defeated by the Legend Of Fall (like 4 times). He is a very good example of a player with a good, even exceptional, mental strength. sAviOr stayed in the spotlight with his perfect game sense and his talent, but after winning the OSL, he went into a slump.


I'd love to see him in a comeback. and yeah, he is a fanboy.


That is very true Savior won a lot, but 90%? Give me source on that fact pls.

[image loading]


This is the one with the greatest domination ever and he isnt even at 90%. Iloveoovs domination was far greater than Saviors. Mental strength? I dont think so. The players with mental strength is called Boxer and Nada. Read this FE:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=73114
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
November 15 2008 15:28 GMT
#28
On November 16 2008 00:19 Phradamon wrote:
I remember Boxers lockdown on Battlecruiesers (Nada's i think) or a godly match Nal_ra vs Savior or Nal_ra vs Boxer.
Old times, old times...


yeah, nal_Ra vs savior on shin beaks was very nice (Both games, the short and long one)..

nal_rA vs boxer was another epic one, the one in andromeda, it was like "Shit, that was possible in that match up???"

"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
November 15 2008 15:31 GMT
#29
On November 16 2008 00:26 Zoler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2008 00:19 SilverSkyLark wrote:
On November 16 2008 00:05 Zoler wrote:
On November 15 2008 23:50 simcar wrote:
2 Zoler , in replays he did 3 hatch play,but watch his VODS and u will see that he is talent,and he uses his brain.ROBOTS can not be in FINALS 6 times without break !!! see---> Jaedong,FLash etc...
I think u + Show Spoiler +
noob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STFU PLS


hahahha I see you are a fanboy. fanboys always get angry when you say something bad about their love. and what, he is talent? ]


maybe he meant talented...

and yeah, I agree with your post zoler, he did the same thing every game, but I think that you failed to mention that his game was untouchable thats why he had that 90% win rate and you got flamed by someone with less that 20 posts.

I haven't really been in the sAviOr era, but I think he was one of the great players who were untouchable, won an OSL, then slumped, and is making a come back. This is when the Mind gets in, just look at Boxer, 2 straight OSLs, only getting defeated by the Legend Of Fall (like 4 times). He is a very good example of a player with a good, even exceptional, mental strength. sAviOr stayed in the spotlight with his perfect game sense and his talent, but after winning the OSL, he went into a slump.


I'd love to see him in a comeback. and yeah, he is a fanboy.


That is very true Savior won a lot, but 90%? Give me source on that fact pls.

[image loading]


This is the one with the greatest domination ever and he isnt even at 90%. Iloveoovs domination was far greater than Saviors. Mental strength? I dont think so. The players with mental strength is called Boxer and Nada. Read this FE:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=73114


Hmm, I remember a vid I saw and there was something like 90.something% win percentage. I'm not sure because the text was in Korean, its just a short highlight vid.
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
November 15 2008 16:17 GMT
#30
On November 16 2008 00:31 SilverSkyLark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2008 00:26 Zoler wrote:
On November 16 2008 00:19 SilverSkyLark wrote:
On November 16 2008 00:05 Zoler wrote:
On November 15 2008 23:50 simcar wrote:
2 Zoler , in replays he did 3 hatch play,but watch his VODS and u will see that he is talent,and he uses his brain.ROBOTS can not be in FINALS 6 times without break !!! see---> Jaedong,FLash etc...
I think u + Show Spoiler +
noob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STFU PLS


hahahha I see you are a fanboy. fanboys always get angry when you say something bad about their love. and what, he is talent? ]


maybe he meant talented...

and yeah, I agree with your post zoler, he did the same thing every game, but I think that you failed to mention that his game was untouchable thats why he had that 90% win rate and you got flamed by someone with less that 20 posts.

I haven't really been in the sAviOr era, but I think he was one of the great players who were untouchable, won an OSL, then slumped, and is making a come back. This is when the Mind gets in, just look at Boxer, 2 straight OSLs, only getting defeated by the Legend Of Fall (like 4 times). He is a very good example of a player with a good, even exceptional, mental strength. sAviOr stayed in the spotlight with his perfect game sense and his talent, but after winning the OSL, he went into a slump.


I'd love to see him in a comeback. and yeah, he is a fanboy.


That is very true Savior won a lot, but 90%? Give me source on that fact pls.

[image loading]


This is the one with the greatest domination ever and he isnt even at 90%. Iloveoovs domination was far greater than Saviors. Mental strength? I dont think so. The players with mental strength is called Boxer and Nada. Read this FE:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=73114


Hmm, I remember a vid I saw and there was something like 90.something% win percentage. I'm not sure because the text was in Korean, its just a short highlight vid.


yeah that is true, but that was his winning percentage is just that tournament, it wasnt his overall percentage
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
d(O.o)a
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada5066 Posts
November 15 2008 16:17 GMT
#31
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=puns

+ Show Spoiler +
But in all seriousness it was a very well written article a great read!
Hi.
Augury
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States758 Posts
November 15 2008 16:28 GMT
#32
really really nice read, GJ
Phearlock
Profile Joined December 2007
Norway400 Posts
November 15 2008 16:45 GMT
#33
Was a nice read, but I felt that the third last paragraph was a bit unnecessary. Might just be that I'm a bit too used to reading about the "grace" and "oomph" of Boxer. That entire paragraph is just too mushy and romantic for me, really. =P

Again, other than that paragraph, I really enjoyed this read.
Descent
Profile Joined January 2008
1244 Posts
November 15 2008 16:49 GMT
#34
I thought by the time BeSt lost to July in the OSL finals, it was impossible for him to be a Royal Roader because he had already participated in another OSL?
「 Dream & Future 」 ※ 「 STX SouL 」
sowhat91
Profile Joined October 2008
26 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-15 17:14:19
November 15 2008 17:06 GMT
#35
nice read!
I would call it "psychology" instead of "attitude" though. Its not really new as well and I think u missed the biggest and longest phenomena in this respect to date - Saviors dominance. His dominance was almost purely due to psychology or "attitude", as you call it. Once Bisu broke his psychological armor of invincibility, it was over.

to zoler: savior did not just use the same strat again and again... beautiful early guards against midas or his unbelievable defence of daezangs 4 gate zeal push come to mind... he was very much adaptable in his prime. What would you think made him this dominant? He sure wasnt the dominant monster of his time because he just could play one BO nobody had an answer to. It was psychology or "attitude" that set him far apart from his opponents, everyone in their right mind who actually watched the games during the Savior era can agree with that I think.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-15 17:47:49
November 15 2008 17:45 GMT
#36
really nice article, and yeah I must agree. When that flare shows it is absolutely incredible.

Do we all remember Casy vs Sea.jy?
+ Show Spoiler [game vod] +

http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/games/8627_Casy_vs_Jy/vod
+ Show Spoiler [Game spoiler] +
For those who don't know, after casy successfully nuked the shit out of Jy in this game, Jy who was considered on par with JaeDong retired afterwards. This vicious nuking killed his mentality and will to compete to the point where he retired completely.

Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
PhorClayton
Profile Joined July 2008
United States198 Posts
November 15 2008 17:54 GMT
#37
Holy Sh*t, amazing write up.
mister.bubbles
Profile Joined September 2008
Canada171 Posts
November 15 2008 17:54 GMT
#38
I always thought Jaedong struggled because he didn't have a tough enough mind to keep himself at the top of his game constantly. Jaedong in his prime seemed to be really creative, or at least adaptable. He seems to have a more flexible style than sAviOr and July.
http://808seppuku.bandcamp.com/ <---Quick! Go here!
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
November 15 2008 18:00 GMT
#39
On November 16 2008 02:54 mister.bubbles wrote:
I always thought Jaedong struggled because he didn't have a tough enough mind to keep himself at the top of his game constantly. Jaedong in his prime seemed to be really creative, or at least adaptable. He seems to have a more flexible style than sAviOr and July.


that is my thought too
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Ozarugold
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
2716 Posts
November 15 2008 18:01 GMT
#40
Ooh~

Nice read. Nice read indeed~
this is my quote.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Rogue
Classic vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1061
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings225
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech125
CosmosSc2 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48692
Shuttle 11629
FanTaSy 1541
Hyuk 961
Horang2 464
BeSt 442
EffOrt 242
Stork 223
Last 184
Zeus 147
[ Show more ]
Soma 124
Pusan 121
Mind 110
hero 90
ggaemo 73
Hyun 72
Killer 69
Sea.KH 60
Hm[arnc] 52
sorry 49
Snow 49
PianO 43
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 29
Aegong 25
zelot 20
JYJ 18
Sexy 18
NaDa 14
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Noble 9
Icarus 3
Dota 2
qojqva1281
Dendi1146
XcaliburYe333
Gorgc70
Counter-Strike
fl0m3019
x6flipin748
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu546
Khaldor166
Other Games
gofns41105
B2W.Neo1089
byalli822
Beastyqt283
Hui .165
Livibee160
ArmadaUGS112
Mew2King58
Mlord17
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick687
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream63
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1896
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h
BSL Open Qualifier
6h
Replay Cast
10h
Afreeca Starleague
21h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.