• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:59
CEST 00:59
KST 07:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9699 users

The Jaedong Fan Club - Page 131

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
Prev 1 129 130 131 132 133 138 Next
NinjaToss
Profile Blog Joined October 2015
Austria1383 Posts
May 04 2016 21:01 GMT
#2601
I talked to my friend and she went searching for his instagram to see if it's still there, but apparently he also deleted his instagram
what the heck happened JD please don't scare me like this
I'm sorry for all those that got their hearts broken by Zest | Zest, Bisu, soO, herO, MC, Maru, TY, Rogue, Trap, TaeJa", Favourite foreigners: ShoWTimE, Snute, Serral and Nerchio| KT BEST KT |
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
May 04 2016 21:30 GMT
#2602
On May 05 2016 05:52 Beelzebub1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2016 05:48 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On May 05 2016 05:41 Beelzebub1 wrote:
On May 05 2016 04:49 blade55555 wrote:
On May 05 2016 03:19 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On May 05 2016 02:53 blade55555 wrote:
On May 05 2016 02:17 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On May 05 2016 02:14 blade55555 wrote:
The fact he deleted his twitter makes me think he's retiring. I am guessing we'll hear about it soon? Not sure why else he'd delete his twitter .

It's weird even if he is retiring. Why would you delete your twitter? Social media is important for him no matter what i would think. Very weird


If you have no plan on staying in the spotlight or anything that requires it, I can see why. If he isn't going to stream or do anything that requires it, then why would he care, especially if he doesn't like that part of his life.

Hm yeah i guess. Wouldn't have thought that JD wants to go that route though tbh


Yeah, I mean I know if I had his popularity I would definitely keep streaming. He would make a shit ton streaming if he decided to do that.


Pretty sure Jaedong is well past "making a shit ton" my friend, not saying he had ZERO expenses but back in the Oz days he for sure had a high six figure yearly salary on top of his multitudes of tournament winnings.

I don't think the money matters to him at this point, it's all about enjoying life.

You need a lot of money to not care about money anymore at all. I doubt JD is at this point tbh.


I mean ordinarily I would agree with this, but some people aren't greedy or high maintenance, I wouldn't be surprised if JD already took care of things like school money/house/transportation/savings account and just isn't trippin on getting another year of a decent SC2 salary.

I mean I could be wrong but I don't know lol, he was quite the super star.


I mean he's made a lot and could go awhile without worrying about work, but I guarantee he hasn't made enough to last the rest of his life. If I were him, I would be streaming to get more savings for the next few years. A lot more fun then working a 8-5 job.

Dunno what his plans are, but it is sad that he appears to be retiring is my guess .
When I think of something else, something will go here
Beelzebub1
Profile Joined May 2015
1005 Posts
May 04 2016 22:06 GMT
#2603
On May 05 2016 06:30 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2016 05:52 Beelzebub1 wrote:
On May 05 2016 05:48 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On May 05 2016 05:41 Beelzebub1 wrote:
On May 05 2016 04:49 blade55555 wrote:
On May 05 2016 03:19 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On May 05 2016 02:53 blade55555 wrote:
On May 05 2016 02:17 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On May 05 2016 02:14 blade55555 wrote:
The fact he deleted his twitter makes me think he's retiring. I am guessing we'll hear about it soon? Not sure why else he'd delete his twitter .

It's weird even if he is retiring. Why would you delete your twitter? Social media is important for him no matter what i would think. Very weird


If you have no plan on staying in the spotlight or anything that requires it, I can see why. If he isn't going to stream or do anything that requires it, then why would he care, especially if he doesn't like that part of his life.

Hm yeah i guess. Wouldn't have thought that JD wants to go that route though tbh


Yeah, I mean I know if I had his popularity I would definitely keep streaming. He would make a shit ton streaming if he decided to do that.


Pretty sure Jaedong is well past "making a shit ton" my friend, not saying he had ZERO expenses but back in the Oz days he for sure had a high six figure yearly salary on top of his multitudes of tournament winnings.

I don't think the money matters to him at this point, it's all about enjoying life.

You need a lot of money to not care about money anymore at all. I doubt JD is at this point tbh.


I mean ordinarily I would agree with this, but some people aren't greedy or high maintenance, I wouldn't be surprised if JD already took care of things like school money/house/transportation/savings account and just isn't trippin on getting another year of a decent SC2 salary.

I mean I could be wrong but I don't know lol, he was quite the super star.


I mean he's made a lot and could go awhile without worrying about work, but I guarantee he hasn't made enough to last the rest of his life. If I were him, I would be streaming to get more savings for the next few years. A lot more fun then working a 8-5 job.

Dunno what his plans are, but it is sad that he appears to be retiring is my guess .


Oh of course I definitely wasn't trying to imply he's some multi-millionaire that is set for life, but I'm sure he has a few hundred thousand plus his ducks in a row stashed aside, so an 8 - 5 menial job (because he has no real life skills other then playing pro level RTS) probably isn't too necessary for him.

Yea, regardless of the semantics, always sad to see a legend retire, but if retires to stream Brood War...well then honestly, I won't be so sad.
Starecat
Profile Joined August 2014
941 Posts
May 05 2016 00:07 GMT
#2604
Let's hope it isn't matchfixing.
:3
Qwyn
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2781 Posts
May 05 2016 00:40 GMT
#2605
Deleting the twitter can only mean one thing...

The Dong is back...the Dong is BACK!

BROOD WAR BABY! GET READY!

Or maybe he'll pull a Flash (or at least what Flash said he'd do) and legit retire.
"Think of the hysteria following the realization that they consciously consume babies and raise the dead people from their graves" - N0
JeffKim
Profile Blog Joined November 2013
Korea (South)36 Posts
May 05 2016 01:41 GMT
#2606
죽은듯이 사는게 좋다 translates roughly to "It is better if I am dead than alive" or some flavor of "It is better to be dead than alive" -- it seems like a very serious tweet that could imply hard times or depression.
Phredxor
Profile Joined May 2013
New Zealand15076 Posts
May 05 2016 02:07 GMT
#2607
That doesn't sound good.. hope he's ok
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
May 05 2016 02:13 GMT
#2608
Yeah i am really worried now :/
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
swissman777
Profile Joined September 2014
1106 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-05 05:10:39
May 05 2016 05:09 GMT
#2609
On May 05 2016 10:41 JeffKim wrote:
죽은듯이 사는게 좋다 translates roughly to "It is better if I am dead than alive" or some flavor of "It is better to be dead than alive" -- it seems like a very serious tweet that could imply hard times or depression.


No, it translates to "I like living as if I am dead". So it could mean that he likes the peaceful life of not getting results as a progamers, or literally sth bad, but I would favor the former
E: or he likes to live without twitter, fb and stuff so that he can focus on gaming
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
May 05 2016 05:15 GMT
#2610
On May 05 2016 14:09 swissman777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2016 10:41 JeffKim wrote:
죽은듯이 사는게 좋다 translates roughly to "It is better if I am dead than alive" or some flavor of "It is better to be dead than alive" -- it seems like a very serious tweet that could imply hard times or depression.


No, it translates to "I like living as if I am dead". So it could mean that he likes the peaceful life of not getting results as a progamers, or literally sth bad, but I would favor the former
E: or he likes to live without twitter, fb and stuff so that he can focus on gaming

I'm not an expert in Korean but I think your translation is closer. It's still a bit weird though... would prefer he speak to his fans in english at least once.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
swissman777
Profile Joined September 2014
1106 Posts
May 05 2016 06:23 GMT
#2611
On May 05 2016 14:15 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2016 14:09 swissman777 wrote:
On May 05 2016 10:41 JeffKim wrote:
죽은듯이 사는게 좋다 translates roughly to "It is better if I am dead than alive" or some flavor of "It is better to be dead than alive" -- it seems like a very serious tweet that could imply hard times or depression.


No, it translates to "I like living as if I am dead". So it could mean that he likes the peaceful life of not getting results as a progamers, or literally sth bad, but I would favor the former
E: or he likes to live without twitter, fb and stuff so that he can focus on gaming

I'm not an expert in Korean but I think your translation is closer. It's still a bit weird though... would prefer he speak to his fans in english at least once.

Well, knowing Jaedong, he'll do fine... if he felt like he was doing bad he would've retired already
Splynn
Profile Joined September 2011
United States225 Posts
May 05 2016 06:37 GMT
#2612
This was posted on Reddit:

[–]RandomZerGJunO [score hidden] an hour ago*
죽은듯이 사는게 좋다 translates to "It's better to live like a dead man." Common Korean saying when they're really busy, want some isolation and live quietly. I have no clue where the fuck all the other translators here learned Korean, but learn it properly please. He didn't say he'd rather be dead, what the fuck? You make him look like he's suicidal or something.

My hope is that he has simply blocked all social media so that he can practice for the upcoming GSL qualifiers.

Thought I would share this here, though, since it's easy to translate the phrase in a way that makes it seem like Jaedong is having serious issues with depression, when in reality it sounds like he just needs some time/space to focus.
Zephyp
Profile Joined April 2013
238 Posts
May 05 2016 09:35 GMT
#2613
It is sad to see JD dwindling away, but absolutely wish him the best and the life he wants. He was never one for the cameras, despite his huge success; a bit like Flash. He really seems to be enjoying himself based on the tweets I've come across.

Thanks for the clarification on the translation of the tweet, Splynn. Some of those translations made me worried for a second.
ndesktop
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Romania109 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-07 12:36:21
May 07 2016 12:36 GMT
#2614
Whatever it is, I'm sure he enjoys a simple life now. He was under so much pressure, and was also unlucky lately as well (think if we won 3-2 over Leenock instead of lose).
Anyways, I bet he'd be probably retire this year silently. Maybe popping from time to time on Bisu's stream under some MoustacheZerg moniker or so just for kicks. Then military.
That's my bet.
Mine more minerals.
Greg_J
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
China4409 Posts
May 07 2016 13:06 GMT
#2615
He must be a little tempted to dab in the afreeca scene. He'd certainly get enough viewers just from who he is almost regardless of playing quality to make it worth his while. But who knows his situation. We don't know if he needs the money maybe he's just done with video gaming life style and wants to do something else. Maybe he has hand issues and just doesn't want to game anymore.
H8
Profile Joined October 2013
Czech Republic563 Posts
May 09 2016 10:27 GMT
#2616
JD's twitter is activated again.

twitter.com/EGJaedong
The Three Musketeers of EU Passion! TheBloodyDwarf, H8 and Sakat
plasma4
Profile Joined March 2016
123 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-10 13:43:59
May 09 2016 11:20 GMT
#2617
Jaedong needs to know these words if he was going to beat everyone. HONOUR DEFAMATION OF THIS PUSH JAEDONG READING _____ LIKE A BOOK THE STARS SENSE IS WITH JAEDONG WHEN EVERYTHING IS ON THE LINE ___ NOW PLUMETING IN SUPPLY GG!!!!!!!!!!!


HornyHerring
Profile Joined March 2011
Papua New Guinea1059 Posts
May 09 2016 11:46 GMT
#2618
On May 09 2016 20:20 plasma4 wrote:
Jaedong needs to know these words if was going to beat everyone. HONOUR DEFAMATION OF THIS PUSH JAEDONG READING _____ LIKE BOOK THE STARS SENSE IS WITH JAEDONG WHEN EVERYTHING IS ON THE LINE ___ NOW PLUMETING IN SUPPLY GG!!!!!!!!!!!

what?
oh, hai
Phredxor
Profile Joined May 2013
New Zealand15076 Posts
May 09 2016 12:19 GMT
#2619
Probably meant to be something like.. 'Utter decimation of this push. JD reading whoever like a book. The star sense is with JD when everything is on the line. Whoever is now plummeting in supply, gg!

AKA JD rekting someone with his skills
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
May 09 2016 12:23 GMT
#2620
On May 09 2016 21:19 Phredxor wrote:
Probably meant to be something like.. 'Utter decimation of this push. JD reading whoever like a book. The star sense is with JD when everything is on the line. Whoever is now plummeting in supply, gg!

AKA JD rekting someone with his skills

Dear at Blizzcon 2013.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Prev 1 129 130 131 132 133 138 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 141
Nathanias 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 559
910 34
MaD[AoV]25
Bale 13
League of Legends
JimRising 599
Counter-Strike
Fnx 649
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox557
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3840
Other Games
summit1g9569
shahzam363
C9.Mang0285
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV265
gamesdonequick150
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21298
Other Games
• imaqtpie827
• Shiphtur745
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 1m
Patches Events
17h 1m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.