• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:00
CEST 01:00
KST 08:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9159 users

The IdrA Fan Club - Page 1942

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 2897 Next
Personal attacks in this thread will draw a temp ban.
Angelbelow
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3728 Posts
March 25 2012 03:43 GMT
#38821
The last time IdrA placed this poorly at an MLG he came back with a vengeance by winning IEM, placing top 4 kicking off an impressive run from Oct-Nov.
You may delay, but time will not. Current Music obsession: Opeth
ThePlayer33
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia2378 Posts
March 25 2012 05:31 GMT
#38822
polt's build counters the stephano style. to negate 1/1 lings, get a very early stim for a push with 6-8 hellions support. WITHOUT shields, this directly negate the possibilty of banelings, which the idra style ZvT can hold off. spines are absolutely essential to hold early pressure, but dual site is a map whete static defense is horrible at the natural.

poor choice of strat and map combo, with polt guessing (known as reading) idra will do such a build.

better luck next time, and i thought idra would take more care into the games since he knows polt SO VERY WELl.
| Idra | YuGiOh | Leenock | Coca |
Mycl
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia1370 Posts
March 25 2012 06:07 GMT
#38823
On March 25 2012 14:31 ThePlayer33 wrote:
polt's build counters the stephano style. to negate 1/1 lings, get a very early stim for a push with 6-8 hellions support. WITHOUT shields, this directly negate the possibilty of banelings, which the idra style ZvT can hold off. spines are absolutely essential to hold early pressure, but dual site is a map whete static defense is horrible at the natural.

poor choice of strat and map combo, with polt guessing (known as reading) idra will do such a build.

better luck next time, and i thought idra would take more care into the games since he knows polt SO VERY WELl.


Yeah I know sitting back I cringed a little when I saw the map choice out of Idra. Would of much preferred to see an Antiga type map instead
ThePlayer33
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia2378 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-25 06:40:16
March 25 2012 06:39 GMT
#38824
wrong click
| Idra | YuGiOh | Leenock | Coca |
Cerubellum
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark58 Posts
March 25 2012 07:48 GMT
#38825
He could have done a lot worse than he did. At this point, I am happy to see him beating players of Jinro's and Inori's calibers and only losing to great players like JYP or Polt.
"SCREEEEEEE!" - Sean "Day[9]" plott
ThePlayer33
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia2378 Posts
March 25 2012 09:42 GMT
#38826
yeah any another foreigner losing to JYP or Polt gets a congratz.

except IdrA. we know you can do better.
| Idra | YuGiOh | Leenock | Coca |
Fortii
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany760 Posts
March 25 2012 10:15 GMT
#38827
i think he did well in this tournament, nevertheless im sad that he lost that "early"
IdrA!
Frail
Profile Joined October 2010
Iceland336 Posts
March 25 2012 10:24 GMT
#38828
He did play well, he could have gotten further, what's done is done.

He'll be back with a vengeance (I hope).
Whargarbl
Lefaa
Profile Joined January 2012
Finland313 Posts
March 25 2012 10:39 GMT
#38829
I think he had much pressures in game against polt. He had many supply blocks etc. If that game would have been played in different location than in main stage i think he would have done much less mistakes. I know he is very experienced but everyone are expecting so much from him and teasing him every time he loses.

( this is not an excuse, just noticed this)
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
March 25 2012 11:07 GMT
#38830
So for those of you unhappy with me calling Polt cheesy, hear me out.

First of all I'm a little biased against Polt, ever since he said Jinro got lucky.. so I guess I'm sort of an Polt anti-fan (which is something I'm not actually proud of, anti-fans are really stupid). Basically I don't like his style of play. I mean, take the series against Idra. I didn't see the first game but going up to 4 rax that early is all-in-ish and abusive, which is quite similar to what happened in the second game where he went for the elevator Marine/Hellion thing. I mean, yeah it's effective, but the games are shit compared to a good macro game. Idra defended poorly, of that there's no doubt, but I would really have preferred to see macro games or something better, like DRG vs JYP.

Heck, Polt might be a good player but if he wants people (or at least me) to respect and/or enjoy his play then it would be nice to see something a little less abusive. That said, Idra should have defended that way better than what he did, so I guess I can't really blame Polt..


Either way, though Idra's MLG run could have been better, it could also have been a lot worse so I'm honestly pretty happy that things didn't turn out uglier than what they did.
maru lover forever
MaNaVoId
Profile Joined February 2012
492 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-25 11:12:48
March 25 2012 11:08 GMT
#38831
On March 25 2012 19:39 Lefaa wrote:
I think he had much pressures in game against polt. He had many supply blocks etc. If that game would have been played in different location than in main stage i think he would have done much less mistakes. I know he is very experienced but everyone are expecting so much from him and teasing him every time he loses.

( this is not an excuse, just noticed this)


Agreed, whenever idra loses a game, even if it is to some top caliber players, he gets teased for being bad. This is ridiculous, haters of idra should just shut up and let idra play without the pressure of worrying about getting teased by them when he loses. Polt is good but not unbeatable when idra is not under so much pressure. I have watched many games on his stream in which he completely destroyed polt when he is not under pressure, it is such a pity that he cannot unleash his full potential when he is under so much pressure.
oLuck
Profile Joined March 2012
United Kingdom9 Posts
March 25 2012 11:15 GMT
#38832
EG.IdrA is one of my favourite non-koren zergs, watching his games are extremely entertaining. Count me in :D
Denzil
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4193 Posts
March 25 2012 12:16 GMT
#38833
On March 25 2012 20:07 Incognoto wrote:
So for those of you unhappy with me calling Polt cheesy, hear me out.

First of all I'm a little biased against Polt, ever since he said Jinro got lucky.. so I guess I'm sort of an Polt anti-fan (which is something I'm not actually proud of, anti-fans are really stupid). Basically I don't like his style of play. I mean, take the series against Idra. I didn't see the first game but going up to 4 rax that early is all-in-ish and abusive,



your argument just became invalid
Anna: So Sen how will you prepare for your revenge v MC? Sen: With a smile.
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
March 25 2012 12:18 GMT
#38834
On March 25 2012 21:16 Denzil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 20:07 Incognoto wrote:
So for those of you unhappy with me calling Polt cheesy, hear me out.

First of all I'm a little biased against Polt, ever since he said Jinro got lucky.. so I guess I'm sort of an Polt anti-fan (which is something I'm not actually proud of, anti-fans are really stupid). Basically I don't like his style of play. I mean, take the series against Idra. I didn't see the first game but going up to 4 rax that early is all-in-ish and abusive,



your argument just became invalid


How so? It wasn't a good macro game right? That's my point basically.
maru lover forever
Fortii
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany760 Posts
March 25 2012 12:27 GMT
#38835
On March 25 2012 20:07 Incognoto wrote:
So for those of you unhappy with me calling Polt cheesy, hear me out.

First of all I'm a little biased against Polt, ever since he said Jinro got lucky.. so I guess I'm sort of an Polt anti-fan (which is something I'm not actually proud of, anti-fans are really stupid). Basically I don't like his style of play. I mean, take the series against Idra. I didn't see the first game but going up to 4 rax that early is all-in-ish and abusive, which is quite similar to what happened in the second game where he went for the elevator Marine/Hellion thing. I mean, yeah it's effective, but the games are shit compared to a good macro game. Idra defended poorly, of that there's no doubt, but I would really have preferred to see macro games or something better, like DRG vs JYP.

Heck, Polt might be a good player but if he wants people (or at least me) to respect and/or enjoy his play then it would be nice to see something a little less abusive. That said, Idra should have defended that way better than what he did, so I guess I can't really blame Polt..


Either way, though Idra's MLG run could have been better, it could also have been a lot worse so I'm honestly pretty happy that things didn't turn out uglier than what they did.



totally agree to that. and sadly a lot of korean terrans play that way. thats why i dont enjoy watching them.
IdrA!
Xenogears
Profile Joined July 2011
France87 Posts
March 25 2012 12:32 GMT
#38836
On March 25 2012 20:07 Incognoto wrote:
So for those of you unhappy with me calling Polt cheesy, hear me out.

First of all I'm a little biased against Polt, ever since he said Jinro got lucky.. so I guess I'm sort of an Polt anti-fan (which is something I'm not actually proud of, anti-fans are really stupid). Basically I don't like his style of play. I mean, take the series against Idra. I didn't see the first game but going up to 4 rax that early is all-in-ish and abusive, which is quite similar to what happened in the second game where he went for the elevator Marine/Hellion thing. I mean, yeah it's effective, but the games are shit compared to a good macro game. Idra defended poorly, of that there's no doubt, but I would really have preferred to see macro games or something better, like DRG vs JYP.

Heck, Polt might be a good player but if he wants people (or at least me) to respect and/or enjoy his play then it would be nice to see something a little less abusive. That said, Idra should have defended that way better than what he did, so I guess I can't really blame Polt..


Either way, though Idra's MLG run could have been better, it could also have been a lot worse so I'm honestly pretty happy that things didn't turn out uglier than what they did.


Somebody bans him please, he is clearly trolling.

You are saying he was all-in in the second game where he had 3 bases already?
Just stop playing/watching sc2 please.
MVP :)
Lefaa
Profile Joined January 2012
Finland313 Posts
March 25 2012 12:33 GMT
#38837
On March 25 2012 21:27 Fortii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 20:07 Incognoto wrote:
So for those of you unhappy with me calling Polt cheesy, hear me out.

First of all I'm a little biased against Polt, ever since he said Jinro got lucky.. so I guess I'm sort of an Polt anti-fan (which is something I'm not actually proud of, anti-fans are really stupid). Basically I don't like his style of play. I mean, take the series against Idra. I didn't see the first game but going up to 4 rax that early is all-in-ish and abusive, which is quite similar to what happened in the second game where he went for the elevator Marine/Hellion thing. I mean, yeah it's effective, but the games are shit compared to a good macro game. Idra defended poorly, of that there's no doubt, but I would really have preferred to see macro games or something better, like DRG vs JYP.

Heck, Polt might be a good player but if he wants people (or at least me) to respect and/or enjoy his play then it would be nice to see something a little less abusive. That said, Idra should have defended that way better than what he did, so I guess I can't really blame Polt..


Either way, though Idra's MLG run could have been better, it could also have been a lot worse so I'm honestly pretty happy that things didn't turn out uglier than what they did.



totally agree to that. and sadly a lot of korean terrans play that way. thats why i dont enjoy watching them.


Maybe it's not good for the audience that players like to cheese, but we have to remember that player want to win. Winning idra in a macro game is still very hard and many especially koreans know that. Therefore cheesing is the most certain way to win the match. We can't blame polt for that. (and idra would have held the first push easily with banes/second spine)
Xenogears
Profile Joined July 2011
France87 Posts
March 25 2012 12:34 GMT
#38838
On March 25 2012 21:27 Fortii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 20:07 Incognoto wrote:
So for those of you unhappy with me calling Polt cheesy, hear me out.

First of all I'm a little biased against Polt, ever since he said Jinro got lucky.. so I guess I'm sort of an Polt anti-fan (which is something I'm not actually proud of, anti-fans are really stupid). Basically I don't like his style of play. I mean, take the series against Idra. I didn't see the first game but going up to 4 rax that early is all-in-ish and abusive, which is quite similar to what happened in the second game where he went for the elevator Marine/Hellion thing. I mean, yeah it's effective, but the games are shit compared to a good macro game. Idra defended poorly, of that there's no doubt, but I would really have preferred to see macro games or something better, like DRG vs JYP.

Heck, Polt might be a good player but if he wants people (or at least me) to respect and/or enjoy his play then it would be nice to see something a little less abusive. That said, Idra should have defended that way better than what he did, so I guess I can't really blame Polt..


Either way, though Idra's MLG run could have been better, it could also have been a lot worse so I'm honestly pretty happy that things didn't turn out uglier than what they did.



totally agree to that. and sadly a lot of korean terrans play that way. thats why i dont enjoy watching them.


Lol... You guys are just stupid.
There is nothing wrong with applying some pressure while macro-ing.
If the Terran does not apply pression early game, he just cannot win any game...

User was warned for this post
MVP :)
MaNaVoId
Profile Joined February 2012
492 Posts
March 25 2012 12:48 GMT
#38839
On March 25 2012 21:34 Xenogears wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 21:27 Fortii wrote:
On March 25 2012 20:07 Incognoto wrote:
So for those of you unhappy with me calling Polt cheesy, hear me out.

First of all I'm a little biased against Polt, ever since he said Jinro got lucky.. so I guess I'm sort of an Polt anti-fan (which is something I'm not actually proud of, anti-fans are really stupid). Basically I don't like his style of play. I mean, take the series against Idra. I didn't see the first game but going up to 4 rax that early is all-in-ish and abusive, which is quite similar to what happened in the second game where he went for the elevator Marine/Hellion thing. I mean, yeah it's effective, but the games are shit compared to a good macro game. Idra defended poorly, of that there's no doubt, but I would really have preferred to see macro games or something better, like DRG vs JYP.

Heck, Polt might be a good player but if he wants people (or at least me) to respect and/or enjoy his play then it would be nice to see something a little less abusive. That said, Idra should have defended that way better than what he did, so I guess I can't really blame Polt..


Either way, though Idra's MLG run could have been better, it could also have been a lot worse so I'm honestly pretty happy that things didn't turn out uglier than what they did.



totally agree to that. and sadly a lot of korean terrans play that way. thats why i dont enjoy watching them.


Lol... You guys are just stupid.
There is nothing wrong with applying some pressure while macro-ing.
If the Terran does not apply pression early game, he just cannot win any game...


ever heard of turtling mech deathball?
Xenogears
Profile Joined July 2011
France87 Posts
March 25 2012 12:49 GMT
#38840
On March 25 2012 21:48 MaNaVoId wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 21:34 Xenogears wrote:
On March 25 2012 21:27 Fortii wrote:
On March 25 2012 20:07 Incognoto wrote:
So for those of you unhappy with me calling Polt cheesy, hear me out.

First of all I'm a little biased against Polt, ever since he said Jinro got lucky.. so I guess I'm sort of an Polt anti-fan (which is something I'm not actually proud of, anti-fans are really stupid). Basically I don't like his style of play. I mean, take the series against Idra. I didn't see the first game but going up to 4 rax that early is all-in-ish and abusive, which is quite similar to what happened in the second game where he went for the elevator Marine/Hellion thing. I mean, yeah it's effective, but the games are shit compared to a good macro game. Idra defended poorly, of that there's no doubt, but I would really have preferred to see macro games or something better, like DRG vs JYP.

Heck, Polt might be a good player but if he wants people (or at least me) to respect and/or enjoy his play then it would be nice to see something a little less abusive. That said, Idra should have defended that way better than what he did, so I guess I can't really blame Polt..


Either way, though Idra's MLG run could have been better, it could also have been a lot worse so I'm honestly pretty happy that things didn't turn out uglier than what they did.



totally agree to that. and sadly a lot of korean terrans play that way. thats why i dont enjoy watching them.


Lol... You guys are just stupid.
There is nothing wrong with applying some pressure while macro-ing.
If the Terran does not apply pression early game, he just cannot win any game...


ever heard of turtling mech deathball?


No. Thanks for participating.
MVP :)
Prev 1 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 2897 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings8
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O141
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1085
ZZZero.O 141
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm141
League of Legends
Doublelift5296
JimRising 700
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6663
Other Games
summit1g8793
FrodaN3058
KnowMe207
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie955
• Shiphtur152
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h
Monday Night Weeklies
17h
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.