• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:20
CEST 06:20
KST 13:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10079 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 6210

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6208 6209 6210 6211 6212 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-14 20:48:03
January 14 2018 20:45 GMT
#124181
Just binged Just Because!
First ep was kind of odd, but it certainly won me over soon after.
There's something about this show..
I really, really enjoyed it.
Heck, I even liked all of the characters, that must be a first for me.
The show has such a melancholic mood stuck to it.. Just lovely.
Do recommend.
It's so rare these days to have a complete story in 12 episodes and on top of that, not even feel like it is rushed.
I don't believe you.
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
January 14 2018 22:30 GMT
#124182
also holy shit, citrus is so trashy
I don't believe you.
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-15 01:15:39
January 15 2018 01:15 GMT
#124183
Anyone watch the new Trigger mecha? Lul the comments I've read.
Never Knows Best.
IceHism
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1903 Posts
January 15 2018 01:35 GMT
#124184
What are your guys' favorites of the new season?

On January 15 2018 10:15 Slaughter wrote:
Anyone watch the new Trigger mecha? Lul the comments I've read.


I heard the first episode is very tropey as if they had a list of checkboxes and they are checking them off one by one.
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
January 15 2018 02:19 GMT
#124185
On January 15 2018 10:35 IceHism wrote:
What are your guys' favorites of the new season?

Show nested quote +
On January 15 2018 10:15 Slaughter wrote:
Anyone watch the new Trigger mecha? Lul the comments I've read.


I heard the first episode is very tropey as if they had a list of checkboxes and they are checking them off one by one.


Violet Evergarden has had the biggest impressive impact so far. It was a really strong 1st ep.

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni was very pretty to look at as well (though not a fan of that slim/tall style that sometimes makes limbs look unnaturally long).

I haven't watched the Trigger show yet but they have enough cred with me for me to give almost anything they put out a try.

The other stuff I have watched are adaptations of series I liked already (Death March, Takagi-san, Gintama) and they have been good so far.

The Fate series isn't out yet (though I have that GO special that just came out).


That is pretty much all of what I am watching. Might pick up 1 or 2 other shows based on strong reviews a few eps into the season.
Never Knows Best.
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
January 15 2018 02:31 GMT
#124186
On January 15 2018 10:15 Slaughter wrote:
Anyone watch the new Trigger mecha? Lul the comments I've read.

I've been told its very boring for the most part. I'll probably give it a shot before long, but my hopes aren't high.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
January 15 2018 04:46 GMT
#124187
Ah Magus Bride animated the vampire (not really but I can't think of the name of what she is) and the old man story. I always liked that little side story.
Never Knows Best.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-15 06:58:24
January 15 2018 06:57 GMT
#124188
On January 15 2018 13:46 Slaughter wrote:
Ah Magus Bride animated the vampire (not really but I can't think of the name of what she is) and the old man story. I always liked that little side story.


Never read the manga, but i felt like the fox scene could've been longer. I hope we get more of that. Loved the old man story as well.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-15 07:29:08
January 15 2018 07:27 GMT
#124189
Let's see...

Citrus - The show is actual trash, and it knows it. It's entertaining trash though.

Darling in the FranXX - I've always been of the opinion that Trigger is pretty good at animation and pretty bad at writing stories. This still holds true here. Heck, FranXX might actually have the most cliche ep 1 I've seen this season.

Kokkoku - I was kinda optimistic going into this. The mystery is decently handled, but that's par for the course with these kinds of shows (since the reveal is where everyone screws up). I dunno, this one's weird. A lot of bad things happen, but I don't really care about any of it. It's like there's no real tension. Cool OP though.

Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san - One of those themed sol shows. Ramen-based. This one is okay when it's not focused on the stalker girl.

Ryuuou no Oshigoto - Loli shogi. This show is garbage and has no redeeming qualities.

Sora yori mo Tooi Basho - Another one of those themed sol shows. Antarctica-based. This one is mediocre. There's a real story lurking behind the stupid high school antics, but I'm pretty sure they already blew their load with the heavy-handed hints in ep 2. It would've been a decent twist too.

Yuru Camp - Another one of those themed sol shows. Camping-based. This one is actually good. It has everything I look for in these kinds of series. A decent MC! Attention to detail! Interesting facts! A good mood! The author clearly knows his stuff. It's an odd point, but the MC's solitary monologuing and text conversations actually go a long way to making the show feel relatable.

I also skimmed Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens, but it didn't really stand out.

On January 15 2018 13:46 Slaughter wrote:
Ah Magus Bride animated the vampire (not really but I can't think of the name of what she is) and the old man story. I always liked that little side story.

It's probably the best story in the entire manga. Before they announced the immediate second cour, I thought it was weird that they'd just neglect the continuation, because nobody would remember it in a split cour.
Liquipedia
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 15 2018 10:21 GMT
#124190
She doesn't love the old man...

Sometimes it's the lies we tell ourselves~

On January 15 2018 13:46 Slaughter wrote:
Ah Magus Bride animated the vampire (not really but I can't think of the name of what she is) and the old man story. I always liked that little side story.

Leanan sídhe. Essentially an Irish succubus. It's another fairy, much like banshee, brownie (Silkie). I always enjoyed historical myth and lore.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Jek
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark2771 Posts
January 15 2018 16:11 GMT
#124191
On January 15 2018 10:35 IceHism wrote:
What are your guys' favorites of the new season?

Takagi-San by far. It's just as innocent and adorable as the manga.
It's Elo not ELO - Every statiscian playing League
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
January 15 2018 17:57 GMT
#124192
FranXX was actually pretty damn good. It did use a lot of cliches but Trigger always uses them. Their strength is putting them all together and packaging them all in a way that is still fun and entertaining to watch. The horned mc girl seems interesting to.
Never Knows Best.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 16 2018 07:14 GMT
#124193
Gakuen Babysitters and Takagi-san are both highly recommended! Gakuen tugs at the heart strings a bit and Takagi-san is just silly fun though MC really needs to stop overthinking things and calm down! lol.

Also, Ryuuou no Oshigoto! has been a good watch so far. AI's VA sounds so familiar and looking at her history, looks like she's done a lot of anime including SAO so guess that explains it. Akane's VA is also in there as Keika. Recognized that as soon as she spoke lol. I'm hoping they show us AI's climb, guess I'll wait and see for now.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
January 16 2018 07:33 GMT
#124194
dang, this season looks like it has sooo many shows I'd want to watch.
Which only means one thing..
Can't wait till the season is over so I can start binging all the shows.
I don't believe you.
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-16 07:52:21
January 16 2018 07:51 GMT
#124195
On January 16 2018 16:14 BigFan wrote:
Gakuen Babysitters and Takagi-san are both highly recommended! Gakuen tugs at the heart strings a bit and Takagi-san is just silly fun though MC really needs to stop overthinking things and calm down! lol.

Also, Ryuuou no Oshigoto! has been a good watch so far. AI's VA sounds so familiar and looking at her history, looks like she's done a lot of anime including SAO so guess that explains it. Akane's VA is also in there as Keika. Recognized that as soon as she spoke lol. I'm hoping they show us AI's climb, guess I'll wait and see for now.


Yea I wouldn't count on that.
Never Knows Best.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 16 2018 16:42 GMT
#124196
How can Jibril be so much best girl:



not really a fan of her expression, her mouth in particular so I'd still rate the older one as significantly better but it's still a pretty damn nice figure imoimo
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 16 2018 18:04 GMT
#124197
On January 16 2018 16:51 Slaughter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2018 16:14 BigFan wrote:
Gakuen Babysitters and Takagi-san are both highly recommended! Gakuen tugs at the heart strings a bit and Takagi-san is just silly fun though MC really needs to stop overthinking things and calm down! lol.

Also, Ryuuou no Oshigoto! has been a good watch so far. AI's VA sounds so familiar and looking at her history, looks like she's done a lot of anime including SAO so guess that explains it. Akane's VA is also in there as Keika. Recognized that as soon as she spoke lol. I'm hoping they show us AI's climb, guess I'll wait and see for now.


Yea I wouldn't count on that.

hehe ya, I don't expect it but still, feels like he'll get her back easily if he actually just overthinking things.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
hunter_x
Profile Joined June 2014
Germany2762 Posts
January 17 2018 03:04 GMT
#124198
Guess what recently started in the cinema in Germany? kimi no na wa, also called your name. Only 1 year and 6 month late, no problem xD
Film is fucking amazing, in fact its my favorite Anime Movie now. I was not a fan of 5 centimeters per second, garden of words was pretty good, but this is Shinkais best work by far. This is a must watch for every Anime fan, the animation alone, holy shit!
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
January 17 2018 04:21 GMT
#124199
On January 17 2018 12:04 hunter_x wrote:
Guess what recently started in the cinema in Germany? kimi no na wa, also called your name. Only 1 year and 6 month late, no problem xD
Film is fucking amazing, in fact its my favorite Anime Movie now. I was not a fan of 5 centimeters per second, garden of words was pretty good, but this is Shinkais best work by far. This is a must watch for every Anime fan, the animation alone, holy shit!


I think it's his worst work.

#worthwhileposttowritewithadesktopkeyboard
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
January 17 2018 06:50 GMT
#124200
On January 17 2018 13:21 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2018 12:04 hunter_x wrote:
Guess what recently started in the cinema in Germany? kimi no na wa, also called your name. Only 1 year and 6 month late, no problem xD
Film is fucking amazing, in fact its my favorite Anime Movie now. I was not a fan of 5 centimeters per second, garden of words was pretty good, but this is Shinkais best work by far. This is a must watch for every Anime fan, the animation alone, holy shit!


I think it's his worst work.

#worthwhileposttowritewithadesktopkeyboard


thats just, like, your opinion, man

i agree with hunter
I don't believe you.
Prev 1 6208 6209 6210 6211 6212 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft394
RuFF_SC2 210
Nina 87
-ZergGirl 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2162
Bale 20
sorry 17
yabsab 15
Terrorterran 10
910 10
Icarus 3
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 671
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1119
taco 546
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox825
Other Games
summit1g8723
Day[9].tv462
WinterStarcraft341
C9.Mang0291
Livibee161
Maynarde129
Sick126
ViBE94
ArmadaUGS54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick868
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream148
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota274
League of Legends
• Stunt288
Other Games
• Day9tv462
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 40m
Stellar Fest
8h 40m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.