• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:31
CEST 19:31
KST 02:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10324 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 6209

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6207 6208 6209 6210 6211 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
January 11 2018 18:14 GMT
#124161
On January 11 2018 21:45 Aznupdown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2018 16:20 AssyrianKing wrote:
Guys, apparently there’s a new anime out that is meant to be like naruto or from the creators of naruto ?



I think all of u r missing the biggest point here...how did it take AssyrianKing 3 seasons to notice there was a Naruto spin-off when the anime is still on-going? :D

To me that just shows how much nobody cares about it, lol. I loved Naruto, and saw it through to the end, but by the time it finished I was glad it ended, they made... questionable decisions in the writing. When they announced that Boruto would be a thing, I just didn't care anymore.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
January 11 2018 22:04 GMT
#124162
Takagi-san with all the smugs. Pretty good adaptation from the 1st episode.
Never Knows Best.
IceHism
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1903 Posts
January 11 2018 22:19 GMT
#124163
Violet evergarden and Koi wa Ameagari ep1 are hype. Both are really pretty as well.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 11 2018 22:50 GMT
#124164
On January 12 2018 07:19 IceHism wrote:
Violet evergarden and Koi wa Ameagari ep1 are hype. Both are really pretty as well.

I concur.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-12 02:29:31
January 12 2018 02:28 GMT
#124165
On January 11 2018 16:00 Spazer wrote:
War arcs trend to suck in shounen battle manga. It's usually just pointless because everything boils down to a one on one fight anyways. It's a cheap way to raise the stakes in a way that typically has no real effect on the MC.

Yuru Camp reminds me of Yama no Susume. A pleasant surprise.

thing is, with the way kishi was writing Naruto, it was the only way to advance and he kept pigeonholing himself into a war arc until we got one lol.

On January 11 2018 20:28 Numy wrote:
Mainly lack of real consequences in war arcs. If you had real loss that war entails in shounen battle manga war arcs may not suck as much. The problem with having real tangible consequences is that shounen manga are slaves to their popularity so it's very risky to do such a thing. Which lands up meaning war arcs are just tournament arcs where every now and then they shake up the rules.


@Bigfan: I rewatched all of Haikyuu recently. Only the final season did they really extend the game. Most others were done in 2 episodes. Might be a case of you just remembering the last thing you watched more than previous.

The Jojo thing is simple. Parts 2-3 were basically world ending or global dominance scale. Part 4 was a small town in the middle of nowhere Japan with the scale being not even that towns survival. This allowed Araki to develop one of if not the best villain he's done. People are saturated with world ending stories which are hard to really relate to as they just too vast in scope. Compare that to a neighbor being a baddie in a small town. That's intimate. Something people can really grasp and it allows a lot more expression for the author.

It's also incredibly hard to make people continue to care about a story when you hit the world ending scale. Where do you go from there? You can't really scale back since you already did most hectic thing there is. This leaves you stranded. That's kind of why reboots are popular and go super back in scale. Leave the most room to grow.

yes, it's quite possible. I just remember that at least the last season of Haikyuu had them play the same team for so long that it felt outright silly. Given, I've seen other anime do similar stunts but not sure if its on the same magnitude.

Yep, never said Kishi's war arc was a great idea. Just that it was the next best step due to the way he wanted to write Naruto. It's also likely why he said he had nothing more to add.

On January 12 2018 07:04 Slaughter wrote:
Takagi-san with all the smugs. Pretty good adaptation from the 1st episode.

funny little anime so far. Honestly, Nishikata needs to just relax and think calmly for a second. He always seems so tense and quick to react that he'll never get back at her lol.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
January 12 2018 04:36 GMT
#124166
I think the whole thing with Tobi running around collecting the tailed beasts just didn't lend itself to a war setting. He didn't even have the manpower for it until the asspull zombie army happened. It would've worked way better if it was more like a hunt. Someone very strong, and very good at disappearing, making moves towards his secret plan, with everyone else trying to track him down and stop him, and one by one they lose people to him, but slowly they get closer to figuring out what he's after and figuring out what his next move is. Your power levels never needed to shoot into space, and it opens a lot more room for interesting situations. A missed opportunity, I think.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 12 2018 05:10 GMT
#124167
What I mean by that is the whole Akatsuki into Tobi actually declaring war on the Kages when they were having that meeting (think it was their first time in a long time?). My problem with it was as you said, power levels went off the chart, new abilities were given out like candy and the whole zetsu army was stupid.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
January 12 2018 05:32 GMT
#124168
there is a naruto thread anyways to contain the cancer
Moderator。◕‿◕。
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
January 12 2018 07:06 GMT
#124169
Violet Evergarden 1 was super good.
Never Knows Best.
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
January 12 2018 09:05 GMT
#124170
On January 12 2018 07:04 Slaughter wrote:
Takagi-san with all the smugs. Pretty good adaptation from the 1st episode.


I was just going to write the same thing.
fun show!
I love how all the humor is just so innocent.
I don't believe you.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 12 2018 21:14 GMT
#124171
you know, I wouldn't watch another episode of Pop Team Epic, as mentioned last week, but the memes that spawned from it are good :3

<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
January 13 2018 05:21 GMT
#124172
On January 12 2018 18:05 abuse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2018 07:04 Slaughter wrote:
Takagi-san with all the smugs. Pretty good adaptation from the 1st episode.


I was just going to write the same thing.
fun show!
I love how all the humor is just so innocent.


Innocent? That boy is going to need therapy.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
January 13 2018 05:51 GMT
#124173
On January 13 2018 14:21 felisconcolori wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2018 18:05 abuse wrote:
On January 12 2018 07:04 Slaughter wrote:
Takagi-san with all the smugs. Pretty good adaptation from the 1st episode.


I was just going to write the same thing.
fun show!
I love how all the humor is just so innocent.


Innocent? That boy is going to need therapy.


He likes it.
Never Knows Best.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-13 15:43:15
January 13 2018 15:43 GMT
#124174
So uh, Devilman Crybaby was pretty fucking solid if you ask me. Soundtracks were on point, brutal & gore. I'm perfectly fine if Netflix becomes the platform for shows like this, because there's no way Japanese TV is ever going to show this shit.

Good start for the season, thats for sure.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-13 23:58:03
January 13 2018 22:34 GMT
#124175
I actually went ahead and watched pop team epic ep2... what's wrong with me. Now I won't watch anything else for another week to stomache this "show".

The liveaction of the VAs after doing ad lib was pretty good though. + Show Spoiler +
Both times. Still can't believe they actually went ahead and redid the first part just like in ep1 just with positions being swapped.
I stopped watching around minute 16 or so, so could be I missed something

//Nvm, just watched newest 3gatsu episode. That was needed for today. Kind of hard to talk about the series though without repeating the same "man it's so good" on a weekly basis. So I'll just leave it at that.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-14 02:15:14
January 14 2018 02:11 GMT
#124176
On January 14 2018 07:34 Toadesstern wrote:

//Nvm, just watched newest 3gatsu episode. That was needed for today. Kind of hard to talk about the series though without repeating the same "man it's so good" on a weekly basis. So I'll just leave it at that.

I cant handle this show anymore. This weeks episode made me so teary eyed. This arc was so rough to watch but so good at the same time.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
January 14 2018 05:07 GMT
#124177
I finally got around to watching Your Name. It was beautiful.
Never Knows Best.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
January 14 2018 11:47 GMT
#124178
I'm saving up 3-gatsu for when it's all done. May be a stupid idea. I can't barely handle emotional thoughts let alone binge watching 3-gatsu!? Honestly if they sold a bluray of S1 I may be tempted to buy it. Pity Japan doesn't want normal people buying anime
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 14 2018 13:42 GMT
#124179
On January 14 2018 11:11 Grettin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2018 07:34 Toadesstern wrote:

//Nvm, just watched newest 3gatsu episode. That was needed for today. Kind of hard to talk about the series though without repeating the same "man it's so good" on a weekly basis. So I'll just leave it at that.

I cant handle this show anymore. This weeks episode made me so teary eyed. This arc was so rough to watch but so good at the same time.

Good to hear I'm not the only one. This week didn't have any particularly hard punches to the stomach or anything like that but I still found myself sitting in my chair getting a bit teary eyed.
I'll say that I liked the more dramatic, darker episodes a bit more. The two (?) episodes before the most recent one in particular were really nice for me. But even then it still was just really nice to see this episode.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-14 22:07:53
January 14 2018 16:17 GMT
#124180
Catching up with this season. Will update this with reviews once I finish the anime I've been looking forward to.

EDIT:

Beatless looks to be pretty good. I like the MC and the automaton that's with him.
Killing Bites has a Black Lagoon vibe that I'm digging. Will continue to watch.
Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens might be worth it. Didn't finish the first episode but it could pick up. Will attempt to try again.
Toji no Mikos is generic.
Violet Evergarden looks to be the real deal. Been hyped for this for a minute and the first ep didn't disappoint.
Prev 1 6207 6208 6209 6210 6211 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 701
IntoTheiNu 623
SteadfastSC548
Rex104
CosmosSc2 61
EnkiAlexander 53
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 548
UpATreeSC 104
Rex 104
CosmosSc2 61
BRAT_OK 53
Codebar 13
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40474
Jaedong 1430
Hyuk 757
Soma 751
Mini 475
BeSt 459
Larva 368
Rush 304
Soulkey 256
ZerO 236
[ Show more ]
Snow 170
hero 101
Dewaltoss 94
Liquid`Ret 58
Mind 43
sorry 30
yabsab 29
Killer 26
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 19
Shine 19
Terrorterran 16
Trap 16
Dota 2
qojqva1260
Dendi798
Counter-Strike
Fnx 727
fl0m70
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King92
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3509
crisheroes2327
Khaldor1798
Liquid`Hasu485
Other Games
ArmadaUGS1638
byalli475
B2W.Neo473
ceh9380
KnowMe117
QueenE83
Trikslyr40
Railgan23
Chillindude23
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 9
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• FirePhoenix11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3488
League of Legends
• TFBlade1031
Other Games
• imaqtpie776
• Shiphtur330
• WagamamaTV255
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 29m
OSC
19h 29m
Stellar Fest
19h 29m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.