• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:59
CEST 06:59
KST 13:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6050 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 6211

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6209 6210 6211 6212 6213 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
January 17 2018 11:54 GMT
#124201
Watched some eps of Imouto sae ireba ii.

oh my god.
This is so wrong but why can't I stop watching.
I have never facepalmed and laughed at the same time quite like this before.
I feel like trash for liking this, but damn, I do.
I don't believe you.
Aznupdown
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada318 Posts
January 17 2018 19:24 GMT
#124202
On January 17 2018 15:50 abuse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2018 13:21 Miragee wrote:
On January 17 2018 12:04 hunter_x wrote:
Guess what recently started in the cinema in Germany? kimi no na wa, also called your name. Only 1 year and 6 month late, no problem xD
Film is fucking amazing, in fact its my favorite Anime Movie now. I was not a fan of 5 centimeters per second, garden of words was pretty good, but this is Shinkais best work by far. This is a must watch for every Anime fan, the animation alone, holy shit!


I think it's his worst work.

#worthwhileposttowritewithadesktopkeyboard


thats just, like, your opinion, man

i agree with hunter



Still say silent voice > your name
I said hiii
hunter_x
Profile Joined June 2014
Germany2762 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-17 23:08:29
January 17 2018 23:02 GMT
#124203
On January 18 2018 04:24 Aznupdown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2018 15:50 abuse wrote:
On January 17 2018 13:21 Miragee wrote:
On January 17 2018 12:04 hunter_x wrote:
Guess what recently started in the cinema in Germany? kimi no na wa, also called your name. Only 1 year and 6 month late, no problem xD
Film is fucking amazing, in fact its my favorite Anime Movie now. I was not a fan of 5 centimeters per second, garden of words was pretty good, but this is Shinkais best work by far. This is a must watch for every Anime fan, the animation alone, holy shit!


I think it's his worst work.

#worthwhileposttowritewithadesktopkeyboard


thats just, like, your opinion, man

i agree with hunter



Still say silent voice > your name

In my opinion, Silent Voice is 20 min too long, it has some unnecessary scenes with side characters. And i was not a biggest fan of the ending, but I don't want to spoil anyobody here. Overall it's still pretty great. I just like your name more, I can not find a single flaw in that movie for myself. Pacing, story, characters, animation, all just top notch.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
January 18 2018 00:28 GMT
#124204
On January 18 2018 08:02 hunter_x wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2018 04:24 Aznupdown wrote:
On January 17 2018 15:50 abuse wrote:
On January 17 2018 13:21 Miragee wrote:
On January 17 2018 12:04 hunter_x wrote:
Guess what recently started in the cinema in Germany? kimi no na wa, also called your name. Only 1 year and 6 month late, no problem xD
Film is fucking amazing, in fact its my favorite Anime Movie now. I was not a fan of 5 centimeters per second, garden of words was pretty good, but this is Shinkais best work by far. This is a must watch for every Anime fan, the animation alone, holy shit!


I think it's his worst work.

#worthwhileposttowritewithadesktopkeyboard


thats just, like, your opinion, man

i agree with hunter



Still say silent voice > your name

In my opinion, Silent Voice is 20 min too long, it has some unnecessary scenes with side characters. And i was not a biggest fan of the ending, but I don't want to spoil anyobody here. Overall it's still pretty great. I just like your name more, I can not find a single flaw in that movie for myself. Pacing, story, characters, animation, all just top notch.

what about the "this movie would've been over if they just looked at the damn calendar"?
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-18 00:45:31
January 18 2018 00:44 GMT
#124205
It Wouldn't have been over, just more time to plan? Not like they could break the connection or somehow force the memories to stay.

Prob would just lose some sense of urgency for the last part and their respective explorations to find each other would have played out different.


Silent Voice is the next film I am going to watch ao I am excited.
Never Knows Best.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
January 18 2018 04:48 GMT
#124206
Violet Evergarden still going with the full-on pathos, gorgeous women, and masterpiece art in the second episode. I'm really digging it so far. I think Violet herself was a bit too annoying with how many times she was awkward and uptight this episode, but I'm still intrigued in seeing how her backstory and character arc develop later from here.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
January 18 2018 13:25 GMT
#124207
sooo... thoughts?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/01/17/check-out-the-nominees-for-2018s-anime-awards-presented-by-crunchyroll
I don't believe you.
Shock710
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia6097 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-18 14:31:34
January 18 2018 14:28 GMT
#124208
Violet EverGarden-
+ Show Spoiler +
Super interesting story, and im really liking all the characters but holy shit i NEED to know if Gilbert is alive...everything is pointing to his death in that scene but theres so much missing. Like how she wanted to save him, how they got into that position, what was that room with the fire in the middle and everyone else standing around Violet was that gilbert's funeral but then violet would know he's dead (unless she lost her memory)

FUCK I NEED TO KNOW IF HES ALIVE!!!

edit: im hoping he's alive, maybe in ep2 when he says "hes not coming back" maybe its a war prisoner but the war is over...ah man....please dont let him be dead

apparently theres a light novel and thats what the aime is based on...really torn on binge reading that or just following the anime for some sick emotional turns
dAPhREAk gives Shock a * | [23:55] <Shock710> that was out of context -_- [16:26] <@motbob> Good question, Shock!
Shock710
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia6097 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-18 14:29:26
January 18 2018 14:29 GMT
#124209
double post opps
dAPhREAk gives Shock a * | [23:55] <Shock710> that was out of context -_- [16:26] <@motbob> Good question, Shock!
Aznupdown
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada318 Posts
January 18 2018 14:30 GMT
#124210
Can you add spoilers to your posts shock?

Thanks
I said hiii
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
January 18 2018 14:48 GMT
#124211
On January 18 2018 22:25 abuse wrote:
sooo... thoughts?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/01/17/check-out-the-nominees-for-2018s-anime-awards-presented-by-crunchyroll


There are some glaring but not surprising omissions, very western taste.
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
January 18 2018 14:55 GMT
#124212
Awards suck. Find they just reduce media down to some silly metrics of "this vs that" instead of taking them on their own merit. It's even worse in anime since I find the anime community generally doesn't have much respect for anime as an actual form of art.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
January 18 2018 15:58 GMT
#124213
On January 18 2018 22:25 abuse wrote:
sooo... thoughts?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/01/17/check-out-the-nominees-for-2018s-anime-awards-presented-by-crunchyroll

if your best girl/anime/category doesn't win, it sucks
else, it's fact and to be used as supporting arguments for why your best girl/anime/category is best.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
January 18 2018 16:39 GMT
#124214
On January 18 2018 22:25 abuse wrote:
sooo... thoughts?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/01/17/check-out-the-nominees-for-2018s-anime-awards-presented-by-crunchyroll


Lots of shows/picks that many mentioned here in their end of the year lists. Nothing really stands out.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
January 18 2018 17:05 GMT
#124215
I'm always like, an entire freaking season behind everyone else on the planet. I finally finished Re:Creators. Fun show, but I think the last episode was kinda boring. Wish it left off a more climatic note.

Going through Made in Abyss now.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-18 18:37:51
January 18 2018 18:34 GMT
#124216
On January 19 2018 02:05 lestye wrote:
I'm always like, an entire freaking season behind everyone else on the planet. I finally finished Re:Creators. Fun show, but I think the last episode was kinda boring. Wish it left off a more climatic note.

Going through Made in Abyss now.

yeah I had the same reaction to the last episode. I felt it would have been better ending it an episode earlier. The last one really just felt like some stupid victory lap that didn't do anything

On January 18 2018 22:25 abuse wrote:
sooo... thoughts?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/01/17/check-out-the-nominees-for-2018s-anime-awards-presented-by-crunchyroll

>got up to "BEST ED" category
>no EroManga-sensei nomination

Useless Although, I will have to give them credit for including DragonMaid ED, which was far superior to the OP that everyone was hyped about
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
January 18 2018 18:37 GMT
#124217
On January 18 2018 22:25 abuse wrote:
sooo... thoughts?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/01/17/check-out-the-nominees-for-2018s-anime-awards-presented-by-crunchyroll

Seems pointless. It has categories like best boy and best girl, and do the winning animes actually receive anything, or is it just a case of shallow promotion? It just seems a bit silly.
Lackbleeder
Profile Joined May 2015
741 Posts
January 18 2018 18:50 GMT
#124218
On January 18 2018 22:25 abuse wrote:
sooo... thoughts?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/01/17/check-out-the-nominees-for-2018s-anime-awards-presented-by-crunchyroll

Yay, time for people to get mad at pointless awards again.

Also why the hell is Der Film there ? That movie came out more than 2 years ago.
Somebody once told me za warudo is gonna roll me
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
January 18 2018 19:54 GMT
#124219
On January 19 2018 03:34 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2018 02:05 lestye wrote:
I'm always like, an entire freaking season behind everyone else on the planet. I finally finished Re:Creators. Fun show, but I think the last episode was kinda boring. Wish it left off a more climatic note.

Going through Made in Abyss now.

yeah I had the same reaction to the last episode. I felt it would have been better ending it an episode earlier. The last one really just felt like some stupid victory lap that didn't do anything

Show nested quote +
On January 18 2018 22:25 abuse wrote:
sooo... thoughts?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/01/17/check-out-the-nominees-for-2018s-anime-awards-presented-by-crunchyroll

>got up to "BEST ED" category
>no EroManga-sensei nomination

Useless Although, I will have to give them credit for including DragonMaid ED, which was far superior to the OP that everyone was hyped about



Kekkai Sensens ED was the better then both.
Never Knows Best.
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
January 18 2018 21:55 GMT
#124220
I was a little annoyed about Devilman crybaby not getting a nod for music. Then I remembered it was actually released by Netflix in 2018 rather than scooped up and dumped on the platform once it finished airing like most "Netflix original" anime. Wonder if it'll get anything next year.
Prev 1 6209 6210 6211 6212 6213 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft406
RuFF_SC2 194
Nina 89
-ZergGirl 69
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2067
sorry 39
Bale 26
910 17
yabsab 13
ZergMaN 8
Icarus 7
NotJumperer 6
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 659
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1122
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox784
Other Games
summit1g7971
WinterStarcraft353
C9.Mang0262
Livibee161
Sick129
Maynarde127
ViBE81
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick700
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2242
League of Legends
• Stunt405
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 2m
Stellar Fest
8h 2m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.