• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:02
CEST 04:02
KST 11:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7854 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 6212

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6210 6211 6212 6213 6214 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-18 22:41:09
January 18 2018 22:41 GMT
#124221
On January 19 2018 06:55 TheTenthDoc wrote:
I was a little annoyed about Devilman crybaby not getting a nod for music. Then I remembered it was actually released by Netflix in 2018 rather than scooped up and dumped on the platform once it finished airing like most "Netflix original" anime. Wonder if it'll get anything next year.

I've heard Gigguk praise its music, gives the show an incredible amount of personality.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
January 19 2018 02:43 GMT
#124222
Violet Evergarden continues to impress. At this rate I will have to pick up the lns if they are translated.
Never Knows Best.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-19 03:47:43
January 19 2018 02:46 GMT
#124223
Just finished Skip Beat. Highly recommended for a good watch though the anime finishes off at a "bad" ending like, what were they expecting with all the reactions when it was released. No season 2 in sight either since it's been almost a decade since it aired but there is a manga available at least.

edit: dang, that ending for the anime made me sad
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-19 04:38:50
January 19 2018 04:38 GMT
#124224
Anyone here watched Glass no Kamen and Kaichou wa Maid-sama? If yes, which do you recommend? Both seem interesting.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
January 19 2018 05:22 GMT
#124225
Kaichou wa Maid-sama I watched a long time ago and enjoyed it. Dunno about the other series.
Never Knows Best.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 19 2018 06:05 GMT
#124226
On January 19 2018 14:22 Slaughter wrote:
Kaichou wa Maid-sama I watched a long time ago and enjoyed it. Dunno about the other series.

cool, thanks! Watched 2 episodes so far and it seems good so far.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-19 07:16:24
January 19 2018 07:14 GMT
#124227
Kaichou wa maid sama is recommended.
Usui is probably the only male character in anime as a whole that I actually like a lot.

The pacing is reaaaaaally slow in the show, but if you don't mind that and get enjoyment from an almost completely episodic series (the season does end with some revelations though), with surprisingly decent humor, and a very tsundere female lead, then yeah, you'll enjoy it.
I don't believe you.
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
January 19 2018 09:15 GMT
#124228
Glass no Kamen is... well, it's an older series but based on a long running manga. The anime doesn't tell the entire story. In some ways, it's like Skip Beat but more serious. It's also longer, with more interesting dramatizations of acting.

I think. It's been a year or so since I watched it.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
January 19 2018 14:28 GMT
#124229
I didn't think that there are too many fans of shojo here, but I guess I am wrong.
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
January 19 2018 14:32 GMT
#124230
Reading some shoujo manga is a guilty pleasure of mine.
Some of them are animated.
Some of them I watch afterwards.
Don't judge me.

+ Show Spoiler +
Also Usui is a complete baller
I don't believe you.
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
January 19 2018 15:04 GMT
#124231
I like certain shoujo stories, granted those are typically those that don't rely on generic shoujo tropes as i have a hard time swallowing those
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-20 01:03:46
January 20 2018 01:00 GMT
#124232
On January 19 2018 11:43 Slaughter wrote:
Violet Evergarden continues to impress. At this rate I will have to pick up the lns if they are translated.


It's kyoani adaptation of a kyoani novel series, so don't expect anime and ln to have any similarity. I haven't read though it but since it's 2 vol i'd imagine anime gonna have a lot of original stuff.

shoujo as a category is mostly meaningless... besides which magazine it serializes in
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-20 11:21:46
January 20 2018 11:21 GMT
#124233
I have to admit, even after like the 4th time reading/watching the Bell v Minotaur fight in Danmachi I still get a little hyped. It was really well done. (In both anime and LN for the main and side story).
Never Knows Best.
hunter_x
Profile Joined June 2014
Germany2762 Posts
January 20 2018 15:25 GMT
#124234
On January 19 2018 23:28 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
I didn't think that there are too many fans of shojo here, but I guess I am wrong.

It really depends, some shoujo Anime have a very mature stories and are really good. A good example is nana, that show is just fantastic. I am someone who doesnt like to watch only one genre, so a shoujo here and there is perfectly fine;)
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-20 15:52:45
January 20 2018 15:52 GMT
#124235
Shoujo isn't a genre, just fwiw

It refers to the demographic the story is aimed/marketed to
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-20 16:00:13
January 20 2018 15:59 GMT
#124236
I mean that's the same as shounen yet both tend to follow specific patterns and styles so closely that they basically become genres of their own. There are outliers but at this point it's mostly just semantics.
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-20 16:11:35
January 20 2018 16:11 GMT
#124237
Sorta... Shounen is actually much more encompassing than just your standard DBZish Battle Manga, and typically when someone refers to "shounen", they are just referring to that specific type. Gundam and Evangelion are also both Shounen, for instance.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-20 16:16:38
January 20 2018 16:14 GMT
#124238
On January 21 2018 00:59 Numy wrote:
I mean that's the same as shounen yet both tend to follow specific patterns and styles so closely that they basically become genres of their own. There are outliers but at this point it's mostly just semantics.

I really don't agree, shounen stories are incredibly varied even if a majority does lend itself to the battle oriented approach, but stories like

Koe no katachi, Yotsubato!, GTO, Mahoutsukai no Yome, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san, Gin no saji and many many more are all shounen stories, yet clearly they aren't like Naruto or Dragon Ball

I hardly see it as semantics to not want to use the term shounen as a genre when the stories aimed at the demographic are so varied if you actually look at it
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-20 16:19:27
January 20 2018 16:16 GMT
#124239
True, maybe it's just a case of the usage of the terms tend to be around similar genre teams while they do have wider application.

Personally if you saying they merely about what is targeting an audience they basically become irrelevant terms since targeting has no real meaning. If the term is more a mixture of targeting and genre that is a bit more useful. It's also why I view Young adult as a bit of a silly term for books when you talk about them targeting a demographic. They typically share more themes and genres. Which means lumping them together on that basis instead of a demographic makes a lot more sense. That way you can say the themes/genres are more likely for the demographic to enjoy.

Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-20 16:28:56
January 20 2018 16:27 GMT
#124240
I mean, you're talking about how 'useful' it is, but it's literally just a category that refers to the demographic the series are marketed towards (weekly shounen jump, weekly shounen magazine, etc)
Why does it have to be useful in any manner other than that? Horror or comedy are genres that have meaning and make sense, shounen doesn't.

Shounen and shoujo are not genres, the stories they encompass are too varied to use it like that, it just doesn't make any sense
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
Prev 1 6210 6211 6212 6213 6214 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft470
CranKy Ducklings60
EnkiAlexander 31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft470
RuFF_SC2 76
CosmosSc2 60
Nina 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2251
Artosis 624
Dota 2
febbydoto8
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1078
taco 375
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox529
Other Games
summit1g8409
JimRising 692
Day[9].tv473
C9.Mang0367
Maynarde157
ViBE132
Livibee93
ArmadaUGS33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1115
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream120
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP23
• OhrlRock 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv473
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 58m
Stellar Fest
10h 58m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.