• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:52
CEST 22:52
KST 05:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8089 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 6206

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6204 6205 6206 6207 6208 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 08 2018 08:39 GMT
#124101
On January 07 2018 09:52 Jek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2018 07:12 Nagisama wrote:
On January 06 2018 08:55 Nemesis wrote:
On January 05 2018 10:53 BigFan wrote:
On January 05 2018 10:46 Nagisama wrote:
Kaze and I watched and talked a lot about tsuki ga kirei.

Recreators OPs were really good. (Gets you pumped for the show at least, too bad it couldn't deliver)

Kobeni is waifu material. I completely understand Benio's obnoxiouness over her.


Koe no katachi was good too.

yep, very waifu material. Agree 100%.

edit: on that note, anyone else want to recommend me a similar romcom with waifu material? haha. I actually really enjoyed Kobeni's reaction and VA. Pretty cute all around.

Try Haiyore! Nyaruko. More focus on comedy than romance though. I think Sent also added Nyaruko as waifu material.


Nyaruko isn't even close to kobeni in terms of waifu material...don't think there's many others similar to kobeni...she's perfect.

pls

Masa (Seto no Hanayome) > everyone.
[image loading]

bahaha I remember this! Loved the anime.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
January 08 2018 08:47 GMT
#124102
On January 08 2018 17:38 BigFan wrote:
Is it just me or is there a lot of cute girl anime this season? What's going on? haha.


Like basically every season?
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 08 2018 08:51 GMT
#124103
On January 06 2018 08:55 Nemesis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2018 10:53 BigFan wrote:
On January 05 2018 10:46 Nagisama wrote:
Kaze and I watched and talked a lot about tsuki ga kirei.

Recreators OPs were really good. (Gets you pumped for the show at least, too bad it couldn't deliver)

Kobeni is waifu material. I completely understand Benio's obnoxiouness over her.


Koe no katachi was good too.

yep, very waifu material. Agree 100%.

edit: on that note, anyone else want to recommend me a similar romcom with waifu material? haha. I actually really enjoyed Kobeni's reaction and VA. Pretty cute all around.

Try Haiyore! Nyaruko. More focus on comedy than romance though. I think Sent also added Nyaruko as waifu material.


Thanks! Will add it to my list though I'm hoping for a bit more romance but still, will try!

On January 07 2018 07:42 NeoIllusions wrote:
That's some high praises.

He's kinda right though. From a quick glance at my anime list, I don't think there's a character that's as waifu as Kobeni.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
January 08 2018 09:02 GMT
#124104
Kokkoku reminds me of Mayoiga but without the shit ton of annoying and terrible characters. The writing is pretty bad though and so is that cgi monster...
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
January 08 2018 09:28 GMT
#124105
On January 08 2018 17:38 BigFan wrote:
Is it just me or is there a lot of cute girl anime this season? What's going on? haha.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/7otqwm/quick_summary_of_the_first_week_of_anime_in_2018/
Moderator。◕‿◕。
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-08 14:56:34
January 08 2018 14:54 GMT
#124106
On January 08 2018 17:51 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2018 08:55 Nemesis wrote:
On January 05 2018 10:53 BigFan wrote:
On January 05 2018 10:46 Nagisama wrote:
Kaze and I watched and talked a lot about tsuki ga kirei.

Recreators OPs were really good. (Gets you pumped for the show at least, too bad it couldn't deliver)

Kobeni is waifu material. I completely understand Benio's obnoxiouness over her.


Koe no katachi was good too.

yep, very waifu material. Agree 100%.

edit: on that note, anyone else want to recommend me a similar romcom with waifu material? haha. I actually really enjoyed Kobeni's reaction and VA. Pretty cute all around.

Try Haiyore! Nyaruko. More focus on comedy than romance though. I think Sent also added Nyaruko as waifu material.


Thanks! Will add it to my list though I'm hoping for a bit more romance but still, will try!

Show nested quote +
On January 07 2018 07:42 NeoIllusions wrote:
That's some high praises.

He's kinda right though. From a quick glance at my anime list, I don't think there's a character that's as waifu as Kobeni.

Haiyore Nyaruko is super ridiculous and while I liked it a lot it's certainly not for everyone.
Also, super sad if you know who Matsuki Miyu was

I'd still highly recommend it if just for KitaEri voicing the MC, which is always a treat.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-08 19:56:27
January 08 2018 19:48 GMT
#124107
Don't go into Nyaruko for romance, since there is basically none in it.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
January 08 2018 19:49 GMT
#124108
On January 08 2018 17:47 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2018 17:38 BigFan wrote:
Is it just me or is there a lot of cute girl anime this season? What's going on? haha.


Like basically every season?


[image loading]
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
IceHism
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1903 Posts
January 08 2018 20:38 GMT
#124109
On January 08 2018 17:38 BigFan wrote:
Is it just me or is there a lot of cute girl anime this season? What's going on? haha.


A lot of shows haven't really started yet.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 09 2018 00:23 GMT
#124110
On January 08 2018 09:27 Grettin wrote:
3-gatsu was rough this week. God i love this show

My only problem with 3-gatsu is at one point, it seems like the show is just trying hardcore to get you into an emotional state. Like, several episodes back: + Show Spoiler +
we had MC's life still spiraling a bit out of control (but he was getting better/improving), his "best" friend is severely sick (yes, it's been alluded to before) and his closest "family" is running into problems with bullying that they have a hard time dealing with. Yes, life sucks hardcore for some folks but it felt like the anime was purposely making things bad for the MC etc... Otherwise, I like it too!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-09 08:22:44
January 09 2018 08:07 GMT
#124111
On January 09 2018 09:23 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2018 09:27 Grettin wrote:
3-gatsu was rough this week. God i love this show

My only problem with 3-gatsu is at one point, it seems like the show is just trying hardcore to get you into an emotional state. Like, several episodes back: + Show Spoiler +
we had MC's life still spiraling a bit out of control (but he was getting better/improving), his "best" friend is severely sick (yes, it's been alluded to before) and his closest "family" is running into problems with bullying that they have a hard time dealing with. Yes, life sucks hardcore for some folks but it felt like the anime was purposely making things bad for the MC etc... Otherwise, I like it too!


Yeah. What I've read they've gotten a lot of praise to get bullying and othre issues into the 'mainstream light', if you will. Thats one of the reasons I love it so much that they tackle with issues that are very present around the world, especially in Japan.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-09 09:50:38
January 09 2018 09:49 GMT
#124112
I'm kind of sad about the lack of actual shogi games for the MC.
No idea about his current level (havent seen the last ep or two yet though), all we know is that he's been on a losing streak, though none of the games were actually showed, then he went on a winning streak, but again, same issue..
I'm kind of sad about that.
I wish the show focused more on HIS growing as a person, HIS games - not everyone elses.
Also wish the sisters had more screentime.
Putting soooo much focus on all the players around him doesn't work for me.
I don't believe you.
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
January 09 2018 10:38 GMT
#124113
There IS another shogi show airing this season. Maybe it'll have some shogi for you?
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
January 09 2018 10:52 GMT
#124114
I am not particularly interested in shogi as a whole.
The first season got me interested in Rei's career improvement aswell, among other things.
I'm just sad that it seems to have been put down for quite a while now.
I don't believe you.
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
January 09 2018 11:26 GMT
#124115
Well, having just finished the first episode of the Ryou shogi series... it's probably going to be nothing like 3gatsu though it does have a hint of shogi in it.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
IceHism
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1903 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-09 13:27:48
January 09 2018 13:27 GMT
#124116
On January 09 2018 20:26 felisconcolori wrote:
Well, having just finished the first episode of the Ryou shogi series... it's probably going to be nothing like 3gatsu though it does have a hint of shogi in it.


It's probably more close to the saki of shogi rather than 3gatsu
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-09 15:00:15
January 09 2018 14:57 GMT
#124117
On January 09 2018 19:52 abuse wrote:
I am not particularly interested in shogi as a whole.
The first season got me interested in Rei's career improvement aswell, among other things.
I'm just sad that it seems to have been put down for quite a while now.

I think that's just really hard to do overall.
Like you said, there's so much to love about the series. The problem he has with his own family and in particular sister (back in s1 for example), his own shogi struggles when he had that losing streak, his own career and performance overall, a lot of interesting sidecharacters, the sisters are obviously great and deserve every second of screentime they get and more etcetc.

So no matter what you want more of you'll end up having to cut other things. Of course you can have your opinions on what you like more, like how Miragee says that he hates the teacher but on the other hand there are people like me as well who just really like him.
You mentioned how you liked the cats, I on the other hand think they're some of the weaker parts and the show would be better off without them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So tldr; really hard to cut things imo to get other stuff in there. I don't think there's any blatantly obvious factor that you could cut andd everyone would be happy. Maybe the Science-club-guys... fuck them. Taking away precious screentime with their nonsense but even then I'm not sure if that's just me
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18755 Posts
January 09 2018 15:21 GMT
#124118
Current part of 3gatsu is very important since its such a taboo topic in Japan. I am really happy a successful manga/anime has decided to pick it up
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
January 09 2018 17:24 GMT
#124119
On January 09 2018 20:26 felisconcolori wrote:
Well, having just finished the first episode of the Ryou shogi series... it's probably going to be nothing like 3gatsu though it does have a hint of shogi in it.


You mean Sangatsu no Lolicon.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-09 18:49:14
January 09 2018 18:42 GMT
#124120
So I watched Hunter X Hunter, after some... fervent recommendations here. :p

Loved it, absolutely adore the series. Currently sitting on the last episode till I have the energy for the feels involved. Kinda sad about its reputation as Hiatus X Hiatus. This had to have been one of the best series I've ever seen, in terms of how it treats its side characters, how it treats antagonists, as well as internal consistency. It developed its system of supernatural powers after some initial intrigue, introducing Nen, and kept the way it works consistently interesting, while also making sure that if a character is established as a super strong badass, they don't get nerfed mid-season for no obvious reason. Guess I'll spoiler the rest for anyone who happens on this that hasn't watched it. If you're reading this, random anime-watcher who hasn't seen HxH, do it. Now. Drop what you're doing. Then thank Yoshihiro Togashi.

+ Show Spoiler [spoilery shit] +
Most of my comments here are about the infamous Chimera Ant arc, which I could tell was the main garnerer of complaints going in. It's where my complaints come from as well. It was an interesting experience though, because it wasn't the usual shift most series go through, where there's a general dip in quality. I didn't get that sense. All the while, I hated, absolutely hated, and still hate, the Chimera Ants themselves. Completely uninteresting as characters, and unsympathetic as antagonists. Giant insects with non-insect qualities, that have massive power levels and came almost literally out of nowhere, what wasn't to hate? The arc also had a pretty bad pacing problem, it was way too long, and by the time it was over the narrator was pretty suffocating as well. When it finally ended, I breathed a sigh of relief.

I could actually tell there was a point when Togashi-sensei realized the Ants were terrible characters, because in the latter half they try to give them actual character, by having them regain memories from when they were still human, and some of them question their motives and assert their independence, but also the way the arc ended. The ending, for what it's worth, I didn't actually hate. For as much as I hate all the regular Chimera Ants, the King was handled very well, so that by the end his death made me sad. Through his games with Komugi, and his love for strategy, he had as much depth and humanity as any of the hunters. It was a good way for it to go out.

Also RIP Netero-san, you badass old man.

But through all of this, and my rollercoaster of mainly hatred for the ants, as well as that one weird as fuck episode when the Royal Guard revived the King, I still really, really enjoyed the arc. Even though the arc was all about gearing up to destroy the Chimera Ants and their King, Togashi-sensei had the good sense to introduce a lot of outside buildup scenes. Gon and Killua were forced to accept their weakness and leave to re-train after Kite's defeat, which served as the perfect segue for new characters to be introduced. New hunters, specifically. And I love them all. They're an interestingly well-written set of characters, considering how terrible the Ants were. This gives me the sense that the Ants were more of an experiment narratively, and not just Togashi losing his edge. Because even as the arc progressed and I continued to hate every Ant except the King, all the other characters managed to be interesting and awesome.

The other minus I'll give the Chimera Ant arc was the complete AWOL-itude of Leorio and Kurapika. Weirdly, I still immensely enjoyed it though.

The internal logic and consistency of the series was top-notch, overall. The system of covenants and constraints is one that remains interesting, and used well. The only time anyone had a major jump in power, not explained by training,
was through the use of this system. When Gon inexplicably summoned enough power to destroy Pitou, it was because of a tradeoff that almost took his life. But, most importantly, no character is ever rendered irrelevant. You feel a solid sense of progression as Gon and Killua continue to develop their powers, but you still feel they have a long way to go,
when you see what someone like Netero can do. Overall, it pulls of something most series really don't. Dragonball Z is the archetypical example of a series making side characters useless, but there are many others like it. Overall, I was super impressed that Hunter X Hunter always managed to keep every character pertinent and interesting. There's always a very solid sense of great world-building as you move from one location to the next, and new characters never feel fabricated whole-cloth.

The fights, when they occur, always remain interesting, because the series was never really about the fights. It was always about the mind games, deduction, and inference. What wasn't said was as important as what was. It was about the hunt. A+
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Prev 1 6204 6205 6206 6207 6208 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
SteadfastSC520
EnkiAlexander 84
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 520
ZombieGrub137
JuggernautJason84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21390
Soulkey 271
White-Ra 194
Mini 165
Trap 28
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 14
League of Legends
Doublelift2483
Counter-Strike
fl0m1206
shoxiejesuss528
C9.Mang0145
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3722
Khaldor2160
Liquid`Hasu1582
Trikslyr40
Other Games
summit1g2834
ArmadaUGS2446
B2W.Neo471
shahzam454
Pyrionflax186
Mew2King57
Railgan22
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV207
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 54
• Azhi_Dahaki32
• HerbMon 3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV410
League of Legends
• TFBlade912
• Noizen117
Other Games
• Scarra1200
• imaqtpie891
• Shiphtur290
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 8m
OSC
16h 8m
Stellar Fest
16h 8m
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.