• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:10
CEST 20:10
KST 03:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8314 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 6205

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6203 6204 6205 6206 6207 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
January 06 2018 12:19 GMT
#124081
FYI


"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-06 17:12:49
January 06 2018 17:00 GMT
#124082
On January 06 2018 21:19 Grettin wrote:
FYI
https://twitter.com/HosannaEx/status/949266377755582465



... I hope so. But I will need to verify.

Edit: Yep.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/01/05/amazon-closes-anime-strike-subscription-streaming-service
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 06 2018 17:24 GMT
#124083
i honestly don't understand why they didn't just change from double-paywall (prime + anime strike) to single paywall with a standalone Anime Strike.
At the end of the day it's virtually the same now as all you have to do is get Prime, and that's what they want but they could have just as easily made Anime Strike available to people without Prime as well imo. Maybe raise the cost a bit to 7$ or even 10$ for all I care because I'm sure the added bonus of getting more people into Prime was already in the calculation.

But they obviously care an awful lot more about getting people on Prime than having 2 seperate services that's don't overlap.
Does this mean they'll stop trying to get exclusive material all together (in the future) or does it just mean the label is different with it being just normal Prime-exclusives?
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
IceHism
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1903 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-06 19:29:41
January 06 2018 19:28 GMT
#124084
On January 07 2018 02:24 Toadesstern wrote:
i honestly don't understand why they didn't just change from double-paywall (prime + anime strike) to single paywall with a standalone Anime Strike.
At the end of the day it's virtually the same now as all you have to do is get Prime, and that's what they want but they could have just as easily made Anime Strike available to people without Prime as well imo. Maybe raise the cost a bit to 7$ or even 10$ for all I care because I'm sure the added bonus of getting more people into Prime was already in the calculation.

But they obviously care an awful lot more about getting people on Prime than having 2 seperate services that's don't overlap.
Does this mean they'll stop trying to get exclusive material all together (in the future) or does it just mean the label is different with it being just normal Prime-exclusives?


Amazon US killed the double paywall. Amazon JP is the one that invests into the various productions and get exclusive rights to the shows. Most countries weren’t blocked by a double paywall. Mostly the US.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
January 06 2018 22:12 GMT
#124085
On January 06 2018 08:55 Nemesis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2018 10:53 BigFan wrote:
On January 05 2018 10:46 Nagisama wrote:
Kaze and I watched and talked a lot about tsuki ga kirei.

Recreators OPs were really good. (Gets you pumped for the show at least, too bad it couldn't deliver)

Kobeni is waifu material. I completely understand Benio's obnoxiouness over her.


Koe no katachi was good too.

yep, very waifu material. Agree 100%.

edit: on that note, anyone else want to recommend me a similar romcom with waifu material? haha. I actually really enjoyed Kobeni's reaction and VA. Pretty cute all around.

Try Haiyore! Nyaruko. More focus on comedy than romance though. I think Sent also added Nyaruko as waifu material.


Nyaruko isn't even close to kobeni in terms of waifu material...don't think there's many others similar to kobeni...she's perfect.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 06 2018 22:42 GMT
#124086
That's some high praises.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-07 00:10:37
January 07 2018 00:10 GMT
#124087
On January 06 2018 16:55 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2018 06:08 Sentenal wrote:
On January 06 2018 02:12 Miragee wrote:
On January 06 2018 00:09 Sentenal wrote:
On January 05 2018 19:02 traced wrote:
On December 28 2017 09:16 Sentenal wrote:
This new Devilman anime looks like its some Shaft anime, not sure if I like:


Its not actually being made by Shaft, but visually it has that uninteresting flat look to parts of it with all the artsy stuff crammed in between. Would rather have a style like whats in Devilman vs Cyborg 009 instead of.... this.

its by yuasa, 100% chance it will be good

Looking at the work history for the guy, he has actually directed just a few anime series so far, and done a ton of key animation for others. Basically nothing to go off of with his history, and the trailer is concerning.


Eh? I would rather go with a guy who directed a few series but every single one of them was good instead of going with a guy who directed a 100 series but is 50/50... Quality over quantity here.

I don't see how that is applicable in this situation.


I don't get you. Have you seen any of his works and just think they are shit or are you just pulling opinions out of thin air? I have watched a fair few of the shows/movies directed by him and haven't been disappointed once. He is one of the few directors who's style is actually instantly notable. Just like Satoshi Kon's for example.

You know me, I always pull my opinions directly from my ass </sarcasm>
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
January 07 2018 00:18 GMT
#124088
On January 07 2018 09:10 Sentenal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2018 16:55 Miragee wrote:
On January 06 2018 06:08 Sentenal wrote:
On January 06 2018 02:12 Miragee wrote:
On January 06 2018 00:09 Sentenal wrote:
On January 05 2018 19:02 traced wrote:
On December 28 2017 09:16 Sentenal wrote:
This new Devilman anime looks like its some Shaft anime, not sure if I like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPsvu7R5dM4

Its not actually being made by Shaft, but visually it has that uninteresting flat look to parts of it with all the artsy stuff crammed in between. Would rather have a style like whats in Devilman vs Cyborg 009 instead of.... this.

its by yuasa, 100% chance it will be good

Looking at the work history for the guy, he has actually directed just a few anime series so far, and done a ton of key animation for others. Basically nothing to go off of with his history, and the trailer is concerning.


Eh? I would rather go with a guy who directed a few series but every single one of them was good instead of going with a guy who directed a 100 series but is 50/50... Quality over quantity here.

I don't see how that is applicable in this situation.


I don't get you. Have you seen any of his works and just think they are shit or are you just pulling opinions out of thin air? I have watched a fair few of the shows/movies directed by him and haven't been disappointed once. He is one of the few directors who's style is actually instantly notable. Just like Satoshi Kon's for example.

You know me, I always pull my opinions directly from my ass </sarcasm>


I know. That was why I was confused. You made it sound like you didn't watch anything of him and were basing your assessment on the number of shows he had directed...
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-07 00:41:31
January 07 2018 00:41 GMT
#124089
The name was mentioned, so I looked up what hes done since I don't have his name memorized. Saw things like Ping Pong and Tatami Galaxy, and was like "oh, this guy". They aren't bad but I don't think they are all that great either. So in my mind, hes a guy who has only directed a small handful of (IMO) mediocre shows, and a lot of stuff as an animator.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Jek
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark2771 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-07 00:54:26
January 07 2018 00:52 GMT
#124090
On January 07 2018 07:12 Nagisama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2018 08:55 Nemesis wrote:
On January 05 2018 10:53 BigFan wrote:
On January 05 2018 10:46 Nagisama wrote:
Kaze and I watched and talked a lot about tsuki ga kirei.

Recreators OPs were really good. (Gets you pumped for the show at least, too bad it couldn't deliver)

Kobeni is waifu material. I completely understand Benio's obnoxiouness over her.


Koe no katachi was good too.

yep, very waifu material. Agree 100%.

edit: on that note, anyone else want to recommend me a similar romcom with waifu material? haha. I actually really enjoyed Kobeni's reaction and VA. Pretty cute all around.

Try Haiyore! Nyaruko. More focus on comedy than romance though. I think Sent also added Nyaruko as waifu material.


Nyaruko isn't even close to kobeni in terms of waifu material...don't think there's many others similar to kobeni...she's perfect.

pls

Masa (Seto no Hanayome) > everyone.
[image loading]
It's Elo not ELO - Every statiscian playing League
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51544 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-07 03:11:15
January 07 2018 03:06 GMT
#124091
nvm

dank meme anime too screechy for me
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
traced
Profile Joined October 2007
1739 Posts
January 07 2018 03:34 GMT
#124092
On January 07 2018 09:41 Sentenal wrote:
The name was mentioned, so I looked up what hes done since I don't have his name memorized. Saw things like Ping Pong and Tatami Galaxy, and was like "oh, this guy". They aren't bad but I don't think they are all that great either. So in my mind, hes a guy who has only directed a small handful of (IMO) mediocre shows, and a lot of stuff as an animator.

Well to be fair I said 100% chance it was good (it was very good) but it's not a 100% chance you'll like it.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
January 07 2018 04:41 GMT
#124093
i just finished Devilman Crybaby. They really swung the emotional sledgehammer in the second half of the show, especially near the end, and I can see how the original manga influence stuff like Neon Genesis. I loved the experience, but this show is a tragedy of the highest degree, and I gotta decompress with some Blend S binge.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
January 07 2018 07:15 GMT
#124094
On January 07 2018 09:41 Sentenal wrote:
The name was mentioned, so I looked up what hes done since I don't have his name memorized. Saw things like Ping Pong and Tatami Galaxy, and was like "oh, this guy". They aren't bad but I don't think they are all that great either. So in my mind, hes a guy who has only directed a small handful of (IMO) mediocre shows, and a lot of stuff as an animator.


Ok, now I got you. Seems like we have very different opinions on what's mediocre then.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-07 15:53:10
January 07 2018 14:59 GMT
#124095
I haven't watched anything new this season yet. Had to use Christmas and New Years to the fullest to relax a bit and just now I find out that Popteamepic is already out.

How fitting for that to be my first new anime episode in 2018

Now that I watched it:
Anime was a mistake

on a more serious note, I could probably stand this if it was a short. Say with a 5minute runtime or something like this. But this was just unbearable for me. It had moments that made me laugh, most notably the Your Name reference, the Skyrim one and the first time in the train when she goes + Show Spoiler +
"your life has been spared" or something along those lines (idk, that just made me laugh)
, but not enough to carry a full 20minute episode.
I was REALLY happy at some point when I heard the ED + Show Spoiler +
and thought it was over, at that point still thinking I could maybe stomach this but then realizing that we're only 50% through, and getting the same thing again just with other, worse VAs doing the same thing again. With minor differences

I can understand why people might like the manga and think it's hilarious but this does so not work in animeform for me. Especially not in a full 20minute episode. Pure trainwreck for me.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
January 08 2018 00:27 GMT
#124096
3-gatsu was rough this week. God i love this show
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
January 08 2018 00:29 GMT
#124097
Citrus is love.
Moderator。◕‿◕。
IceHism
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1903 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-08 06:01:09
January 08 2018 06:00 GMT
#124098
Citrus ep 1
What a way to show boob envy.
https://i.imgur.com/ygZ8s9V.gifv
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 08 2018 06:01 GMT
#124099
RIP phone. Hope it had a good case.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-08 08:38:57
January 08 2018 08:38 GMT
#124100
Is it just me or is there a lot of cute girl anime this season? What's going on? haha.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Prev 1 6203 6204 6205 6206 6207 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1033
ComeBackTV 931
TaKeTV 573
SteadfastSC560
LamboSC2355
IndyStarCraft 209
Rex111
EnkiAlexander 69
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 560
LamboSC2 355
mouzHeroMarine 339
IndyStarCraft 209
ProTech134
Rex 111
UpATreeSC 95
JuggernautJason1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24720
firebathero 212
Rush 127
ToSsGirL 37
Trap 22
Sexy 22
Bale 19
Shine 17
Djem5 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7404
qojqva1571
420jenkins142
monkeys_forever21
Counter-Strike
fl0m1620
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1894
crisheroes1150
Liquid`Hasu574
XaKoH 175
MindelVK18
Other Games
Grubby2216
FrodaN810
ceh9743
Beastyqt603
ArmadaUGS191
KnowMe152
Hui .145
C9.Mang0126
QueenE114
Trikslyr81
Mew2King62
Dewaltoss60
byalli43
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
Other Games
BasetradeTV0
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 6
• Adnapsc2 3
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• FirePhoenix12
• 80smullet 6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis2366
League of Legends
• TFBlade1121
Other Games
• imaqtpie809
• WagamamaTV257
• Shiphtur247
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 50m
Stellar Fest
18h 50m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.