• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:10
CEST 03:10
KST 10:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8711 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 6178

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
November 16 2017 21:01 GMT
#123541
On November 17 2017 05:58 Nagisama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2017 05:44 Toadesstern wrote:
i mean you saw me tweet stuff during my JP trip, right?

I don't think I need to explain what everyones timeline looked like who has a couple artists/illustratotors to follow while fate/apoc aired. Probably more Astolfo pictures than everything else combined during that time

I don't remember a single thing you tweeted tbh.

it's just about me having twitter, hence obviously knowing about him
On November 17 2017 05:49 Sentenal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2017 04:44 Toadesstern wrote:
On November 17 2017 04:41 Sentenal wrote:
On November 17 2017 04:36 Toadesstern wrote:
[image loading]

maybe I should watch Fate/Apoc after all 🤔🤔🤔

Never watched it simply because personally, I do like the urubutcher take on things the most when it comes to fate so I figured it wouldn't be my cup of tea.

What does Urobuchi have to do with Fate/Apoc?

nothing, that's exactly the point

I generally like the stuff that's written by him more and since Apoc isn't (as far as I know) I never ended up watching it

I guess I'm not seeing the point. You watch tons of stuff that Urobuchi doesn't do, but for some reason when it comes to Fate, Its Urobuchi or gtfo?

with fate I get the direct comparison within the same universe. I don't even like him in general, I just liked his stuff for fate more is all.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-16 23:44:07
November 16 2017 23:38 GMT
#123542
On November 17 2017 05:19 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2017 05:12 Toadesstern wrote:
On November 17 2017 05:06 Slaughter wrote:
Next Toad is going to see a pic of Astolfo and instantly start watching the show --;

i know all about him. you really can't not know about him no matter if you watch it or not

...


It's pretty much impossible to browse /r/anime_irl and /r/animemes and NOT know Astolfo lol

btw traps ARE gay.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
November 17 2017 00:20 GMT
#123543
I don't read reddit though, only went to the site like twice only so guess it's understandable if I missed it lol.

Also, this is probably the weirdest anime I've come across, just due to how bizzare some of this is. Does anyone know the reasoning behind any of this?
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
November 17 2017 00:25 GMT
#123544
On November 17 2017 09:20 BigFan wrote:
I don't read reddit though, only went to the site like twice only so guess it's understandable if I missed it lol.

Also, this is probably the weirdest anime I've come across, just due to how bizzare some of this is. Does anyone know the reasoning behind any of this?


Milking the franchise with shitty fanservice?
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
November 17 2017 00:29 GMT
#123545
On November 17 2017 09:20 BigFan wrote:
I don't read reddit though, only went to the site like twice only so guess it's understandable if I missed it lol.

Also, this is probably the weirdest anime I've come across, just due to how bizzare some of this is. Does anyone know the reasoning behind any of this?

Astolfo being a trap made Fate Apocrypha the weirdest?
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-17 00:37:35
November 17 2017 00:36 GMT
#123546
On November 17 2017 09:25 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2017 09:20 BigFan wrote:
I don't read reddit though, only went to the site like twice only so guess it's understandable if I missed it lol.

Also, this is probably the weirdest anime I've come across, just due to how bizzare some of this is. Does anyone know the reasoning behind any of this?


Milking the franchise with shitty fanservice?

quite possibly. The way Jack the Ripper looks is the stupidest thing ever -_- Like, how am I supposed to even take it even a bit seriously? So, anyone have any other ideas from Miragee's?

On November 17 2017 09:29 Nagisama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2017 09:20 BigFan wrote:
I don't read reddit though, only went to the site like twice only so guess it's understandable if I missed it lol.

Also, this is probably the weirdest anime I've come across, just due to how bizzare some of this is. Does anyone know the reasoning behind any of this?

Astolfo being a trap made Fate Apocrypha the weirdest?

Not just that, the whole anime feels bizzare and somewhat weird for some reason. Feels like the anime is missing something but I can't place my finger on it :/
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
November 17 2017 00:39 GMT
#123547
Just Nasuverse things.

I don't even think it's that odd. Seems about par for course for jp fantasy genre.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-17 01:38:56
November 17 2017 01:24 GMT
#123548
It was an MMO game story that was axed then reworked into a ln series so yea its not exactly the best quality from TM but imo it has that Fate feeling to it, just not nearly as good as the other entries in the universe.

I mean Prisma Shitillya exists too. And HA ending was pretty weird.
Never Knows Best.
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-17 02:56:33
November 17 2017 02:47 GMT
#123549
On November 17 2017 09:39 NeoIllusions wrote:
Just Nasuverse things.

I don't even think it's that odd. Seems about par for course for jp fantasy genre.

Its just a Fate* thing. The non-fate Nasu stuff doesn't have nearly as much retarded things. And even Fate wasn't that bad when it was just Saber, and even then the reveal that Saber=King Arthur was supposed to be a surprising reveal. Now there are more gender-bent heroes than otherwise, and literal Saber clones everywhere. The Fate side of the universe is almost unbearable to me when you start factoring in the extended stuff from like FGO and the like.

On November 17 2017 09:20 BigFan wrote:
I don't read reddit though, only went to the site like twice only so guess it's understandable if I missed it lol.

Also, this is probably the weirdest anime I've come across, just due to how bizzare some of this is. Does anyone know the reasoning behind any of this?

Not just Reddit though. Also Twitter, and hell, it wasn't exactly a secret in this thread, although thankfully it wasn't full of people posting trap porn constantly.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
November 17 2017 03:24 GMT
#123550
Most of the core Fate stuff is pretty reasonable. Once FGO came out though they had to produce a lot of new servants to keep the game going but even then the story (supposedly I haven't been able to read the later chapters yet as NA just came out) is good.
Never Knows Best.
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
November 17 2017 05:36 GMT
#123551
In other sad news, the voice actress for Bulma from the Dragon Ball franchise, Hiromi Tsuru, has passed away.
Never Knows Best.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
November 17 2017 12:08 GMT
#123552
On November 17 2017 09:36 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2017 09:25 Miragee wrote:
On November 17 2017 09:20 BigFan wrote:
I don't read reddit though, only went to the site like twice only so guess it's understandable if I missed it lol.

Also, this is probably the weirdest anime I've come across, just due to how bizzare some of this is. Does anyone know the reasoning behind any of this?


Milking the franchise with shitty fanservice?

quite possibly. The way Jack the Ripper looks is the stupidest thing ever -_- Like, how am I supposed to even take it even a bit seriously? So, anyone have any other ideas from Miragee's?

Show nested quote +
On November 17 2017 09:29 Nagisama wrote:
On November 17 2017 09:20 BigFan wrote:
I don't read reddit though, only went to the site like twice only so guess it's understandable if I missed it lol.

Also, this is probably the weirdest anime I've come across, just due to how bizzare some of this is. Does anyone know the reasoning behind any of this?

Astolfo being a trap made Fate Apocrypha the weirdest?

Not just that, the whole anime feels bizzare and somewhat weird for some reason. Feels like the anime is missing something but I can't place my finger on it :/

The guys on ANN were arguing that it's the "yolo, who gives a fuck" (not their words) fate if there ever was one from adding more servants because double the cool to jack the ripper being what we saw on the screen above. Just generally way less serious, on purpose. Again, at least according to ANN opinion
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
November 17 2017 12:12 GMT
#123553
Why do I get the feeling this "ANN opinion" is really just Toad but he's too afraid to take ownership of it in case the fate fanatics come out to devour him for it.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
November 17 2017 12:14 GMT
#123554
I haven't watched it yet so I wouldn't write a column about it no matter where~
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
November 17 2017 14:36 GMT
#123555
The proper answer to "Why is Jack the Ripper a moe girl?" is always "Because it's cooler that way"

[image loading]
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
November 17 2017 15:02 GMT
#123556
That's not the question though. The question is "Why is Toad interested in Fate Apoc because of a loli in a thong?"
Aznupdown
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada318 Posts
November 17 2017 16:07 GMT
#123557
Best of both worlds for him?
I said hiii
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
November 17 2017 16:45 GMT
#123558
Don't have to wait for fanart to draw her in a thong, if she's already in one in cannon!
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
November 17 2017 16:53 GMT
#123559
On November 18 2017 00:02 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
That's not the question though. The question is "Why is Toad interested in Fate Apoc because of a loli in a thong?"

Thats a question with a simple answer, though. Toad used to pretend to not be a lolicon, and act like lolis with like A-cups had "big boobs", but now hes just like "hot damn, loli+thong? sign me up".
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-17 17:09:24
November 17 2017 17:09 GMT
#123560
to be completly honest with you guys, I thought that was some "damaged art" like in Kantai collection that has girls lose clothes the more damage they take (nothing too lewd though).

The more I look at it the more I think that's just how she looks by default, which makes it a fair bit more creepy
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Prev 1 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings86
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1847
GuemChi 1601
Artosis 690
910 58
Bale 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm159
League of Legends
Doublelift3550
Counter-Strike
taco 164
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox314
Other Games
summit1g8576
shahzam605
JimRising 527
C9.Mang0343
PiGStarcraft247
Maynarde138
CosmosSc2 35
Day[9].tv7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick906
BasetradeTV201
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream15
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP80
• davetesta23
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv7
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 50m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
9h 50m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
22h 50m
Patches Events
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.