• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:51
CEST 16:51
KST 23:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6718 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 6154

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
IceHism
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1903 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-10 16:45:06
October 10 2017 16:43 GMT
#123061
On October 10 2017 11:43 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2017 06:44 IceHism wrote:
Kino no Tabi - lul talking motorcycles. but i wish it had more waifus besides just kino and motorcycle.


You sound like Kino has anything to do with waifus. Did you watch the original series (I suppose you didn't?)? I heard Kino remake ep1 was fairly good but way more colourful. Not sure if I like that thought but if they can keep some of the atmosphere at least, it's a win. We'll see.


Considering it has dog and a part where the series becomes a romcom, I'd say it seems to have a waifu. But really, even if the story isn't about waifus, waifus make every story better.
But you know, kino and motorcycle isn't a very dynamic pair. Needs more recurring characters.
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
October 10 2017 17:30 GMT
#123062
On October 11 2017 01:43 IceHism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2017 11:43 Miragee wrote:
On October 10 2017 06:44 IceHism wrote:
Kino no Tabi - lul talking motorcycles. but i wish it had more waifus besides just kino and motorcycle.


You sound like Kino has anything to do with waifus. Did you watch the original series (I suppose you didn't?)? I heard Kino remake ep1 was fairly good but way more colourful. Not sure if I like that thought but if they can keep some of the atmosphere at least, it's a win. We'll see.


Considering it has dog and a part where the series becomes a romcom, I'd say it seems to have a waifu. But really, even if the story isn't about waifus, waifus make every story better.
But you know, kino and motorcycle isn't a very dynamic pair. Needs more recurring characters.

Romcom? Kino no Tabi? Does it really?
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8713 Posts
October 10 2017 19:07 GMT
#123063
On October 11 2017 02:30 Sentenal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2017 01:43 IceHism wrote:
On October 10 2017 11:43 Miragee wrote:
On October 10 2017 06:44 IceHism wrote:
Kino no Tabi - lul talking motorcycles. but i wish it had more waifus besides just kino and motorcycle.


You sound like Kino has anything to do with waifus. Did you watch the original series (I suppose you didn't?)? I heard Kino remake ep1 was fairly good but way more colourful. Not sure if I like that thought but if they can keep some of the atmosphere at least, it's a win. We'll see.


Considering it has dog and a part where the series becomes a romcom, I'd say it seems to have a waifu. But really, even if the story isn't about waifus, waifus make every story better.
But you know, kino and motorcycle isn't a very dynamic pair. Needs more recurring characters.

Romcom? Kino no Tabi? Does it really?


He is baiting.
IceHism
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1903 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-10 21:00:58
October 10 2017 20:58 GMT
#123064
On October 11 2017 02:30 Sentenal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2017 01:43 IceHism wrote:
On October 10 2017 11:43 Miragee wrote:
On October 10 2017 06:44 IceHism wrote:
Kino no Tabi - lul talking motorcycles. but i wish it had more waifus besides just kino and motorcycle.


You sound like Kino has anything to do with waifus. Did you watch the original series (I suppose you didn't?)? I heard Kino remake ep1 was fairly good but way more colourful. Not sure if I like that thought but if they can keep some of the atmosphere at least, it's a win. We'll see.


Considering it has dog and a part where the series becomes a romcom, I'd say it seems to have a waifu. But really, even if the story isn't about waifus, waifus make every story better.
But you know, kino and motorcycle isn't a very dynamic pair. Needs more recurring characters.

Romcom? Kino no Tabi? Does it really?


Around vol 12 of the ln. Yea you probably won't see it in the anime. But it's one of the reasons eca stopped caring about it iirc
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
October 11 2017 01:38 GMT
#123065
Juuni is like the wtf anime of this season lol. Sure, the concept is easy enough, all out battle royale between the zodiacs but it's odd: + Show Spoiler +
they used a whole episode to show us boar's heartlessness and backstory only to have her killed right after the floor collapsed in episode 1. BS. I wanted to see her actually fight then we had rooster(?) crush dog after he gave her a boost in episode 2? I mean, sure? Rabbit is a necromancer who killed Snake but never got punished? Some of these fighters also wanted a peaceful resolution yet they are in this war? Some of these participants look really meek to be in this competition compared to say Ox or Dog.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
October 11 2017 05:45 GMT
#123066
I'd like to talk about BigFan's post, but...

+ Show Spoiler [dammit crunchyroll] +

[image loading]


Anyways, Juuni is based on something written by Nisio Isin so I'm expecting it to be kindof weird. Once I figure out how to make CrunchyRoll not suck in this new and strange way, I'll probably comment further.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
October 11 2017 12:52 GMT
#123067
weird your crunchyroll says your username, not email address. =\ or was there something in the profile to fill in a username?
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
October 11 2017 20:59 GMT
#123068
Someone broke MAL
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36259/Pingu_in_the_City
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Lackbleeder
Profile Joined May 2015
741 Posts
October 11 2017 21:13 GMT
#123069
On October 12 2017 05:59 BigFan wrote:
Someone broke MAL
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36259/Pingu_in_the_City

I see polygon ditched the 3D CGI and is now going for the traditional 3D look
Somebody once told me za warudo is gonna roll me
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
October 11 2017 21:16 GMT
#123070
On October 12 2017 05:59 BigFan wrote:
Someone broke MAL
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36259/Pingu_in_the_City

[image loading]
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
XenOmega
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada2822 Posts
October 11 2017 21:55 GMT
#123071
On October 11 2017 10:38 BigFan wrote:
Juuni is like the wtf anime of this season lol. Sure, the concept is easy enough, all out battle royale between the zodiacs but it's odd: + Show Spoiler +
they used a whole episode to show us boar's heartlessness and backstory only to have her killed right after the floor collapsed in episode 1. BS. I wanted to see her actually fight then we had rooster(?) crush dog after he gave her a boost in episode 2? I mean, sure? Rabbit is a necromancer who killed Snake but never got punished? Some of these fighters also wanted a peaceful resolution yet they are in this war? Some of these participants look really meek to be in this competition compared to say Ox or Dog.



I'm enjoying this show. Perhaps the deaths serve to remind us that nobody is protected by plot armor? With 12 characters and 12 episodes, maybe we will get 1 death+ per episode!
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
October 11 2017 22:26 GMT
#123072
On October 12 2017 06:55 XenOmega wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2017 10:38 BigFan wrote:
Juuni is like the wtf anime of this season lol. Sure, the concept is easy enough, all out battle royale between the zodiacs but it's odd: + Show Spoiler +
they used a whole episode to show us boar's heartlessness and backstory only to have her killed right after the floor collapsed in episode 1. BS. I wanted to see her actually fight then we had rooster(?) crush dog after he gave her a boost in episode 2? I mean, sure? Rabbit is a necromancer who killed Snake but never got punished? Some of these fighters also wanted a peaceful resolution yet they are in this war? Some of these participants look really meek to be in this competition compared to say Ox or Dog.



I'm enjoying this show. Perhaps the deaths serve to remind us that nobody is protected by plot armor? With 12 characters and 12 episodes, maybe we will get 1 death+ per episode!

Not saying that I'm not enjoying it but it has its issues. Probably a result of it only being 1 cour.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
October 12 2017 04:05 GMT
#123073
On October 12 2017 07:26 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2017 06:55 XenOmega wrote:
On October 11 2017 10:38 BigFan wrote:
Juuni is like the wtf anime of this season lol. Sure, the concept is easy enough, all out battle royale between the zodiacs but it's odd: + Show Spoiler +
they used a whole episode to show us boar's heartlessness and backstory only to have her killed right after the floor collapsed in episode 1. BS. I wanted to see her actually fight then we had rooster(?) crush dog after he gave her a boost in episode 2? I mean, sure? Rabbit is a necromancer who killed Snake but never got punished? Some of these fighters also wanted a peaceful resolution yet they are in this war? Some of these participants look really meek to be in this competition compared to say Ox or Dog.



I'm enjoying this show. Perhaps the deaths serve to remind us that nobody is protected by plot armor? With 12 characters and 12 episodes, maybe we will get 1 death+ per episode!

Not saying that I'm not enjoying it but it has its issues. Probably a result of it only being 1 cour.


Trust nothing they say or how they appear. + Show Spoiler +
I'm willing to think Chicken wasn't so stupid as she seemed.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
October 12 2017 04:15 GMT
#123074
On October 12 2017 13:05 felisconcolori wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2017 07:26 BigFan wrote:
On October 12 2017 06:55 XenOmega wrote:
On October 11 2017 10:38 BigFan wrote:
Juuni is like the wtf anime of this season lol. Sure, the concept is easy enough, all out battle royale between the zodiacs but it's odd: + Show Spoiler +
they used a whole episode to show us boar's heartlessness and backstory only to have her killed right after the floor collapsed in episode 1. BS. I wanted to see her actually fight then we had rooster(?) crush dog after he gave her a boost in episode 2? I mean, sure? Rabbit is a necromancer who killed Snake but never got punished? Some of these fighters also wanted a peaceful resolution yet they are in this war? Some of these participants look really meek to be in this competition compared to say Ox or Dog.



I'm enjoying this show. Perhaps the deaths serve to remind us that nobody is protected by plot armor? With 12 characters and 12 episodes, maybe we will get 1 death+ per episode!

Not saying that I'm not enjoying it but it has its issues. Probably a result of it only being 1 cour.


Trust nothing they say or how they appear. + Show Spoiler +
I'm willing to think Chicken wasn't so stupid as she seemed.

+ Show Spoiler +
was it Chicken? I thought it was rooster lol. Yes, I agree. I don't think she was stupid at all. Rather, the dog was too accepting so he fell into her trap imo. Her ability seems useless though so she must be strong enough physically I guess. Their meekness I guess is incredibly important for them.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
October 12 2017 05:38 GMT
#123075
JWWW manga is wrapping up quite nicely. Really good manga, kinda had a little bit of time where it dipped but it brought it all back with its last arc.
Never Knows Best.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
October 12 2017 05:52 GMT
#123076
On October 12 2017 05:59 BigFan wrote:
Someone broke MAL
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36259/Pingu_in_the_City

Pingu was number one or two for a while.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
October 12 2017 05:54 GMT
#123077
On October 12 2017 06:13 Lackbleeder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2017 05:59 BigFan wrote:
Someone broke MAL
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36259/Pingu_in_the_City

I see polygon ditched the 3D CGI and is now going for the traditional 3D look

hehe

On October 12 2017 06:16 Sentenal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2017 05:59 BigFan wrote:
Someone broke MAL
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36259/Pingu_in_the_City

[image loading]

bet you were waiting to use that!

On October 12 2017 14:52 Grettin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2017 05:59 BigFan wrote:
Someone broke MAL
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36259/Pingu_in_the_City

Pingu was number one or two for a while.

ya, I just read the threads there haha. Funny stuff!

Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-12 06:38:19
October 12 2017 06:37 GMT
#123078
Houseki no Kuni was actually pretty decent. Interesting concept. The CG is kinda offputting but it's more tolerable in these kinds of weirdass shows. The drama levels are a bit too high (especially so early on), but it had some nice touches. I'm cautiously optimistic.

The sparkles are pretty distracting though.
Liquipedia
Dark_Chill
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada3353 Posts
October 12 2017 07:53 GMT
#123079
On October 12 2017 14:38 Slaughter wrote:
JWWW manga is wrapping up quite nicely. Really good manga, kinda had a little bit of time where it dipped but it brought it all back with its last arc.

Apparently a few more chapters left.
I always wondered how + Show Spoiler +
Oka never knew about Youko's secret despite his telepathy.
CUTE MAKES RIGHT
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
October 13 2017 02:38 GMT
#123080
9 episodes into Seikai no Monshou, not too bad. Pacing does feel a bit slow but I've seen worse. Will likely watch the sequel after this is done so hopefully it starts picking up a lot more. Fighting is a bit interesting so far though confusing too at times. Will wait and see before passing further judgement.

Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Prev 1 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 86
Codebar 56
Reynor 23
RotterdaM 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 64460
Bisu 3462
FanTaSy 1230
Stork 774
Rush 583
hero 236
Snow 214
firebathero 197
Mind 104
Sharp 80
[ Show more ]
Free 72
Sexy 62
Pusan 56
ToSsGirL 47
Last 39
Trap 37
Bale 29
Mong 27
Hm[arnc] 23
HiyA 19
Rock 18
Terrorterran 16
yabsab 16
Aegong 14
zelot 12
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Shine 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9754
Dendi872
Counter-Strike
fl0m2255
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King90
Other Games
singsing2283
Liquid`RaSZi1392
Beastyqt713
B2W.Neo663
Mlord552
olofmeister468
Khaldor359
Happy323
KnowMe277
Hui .219
crisheroes171
Chillindude65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV256
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• HeavenSC 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony6
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV514
League of Legends
• Nemesis4188
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1344
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
9m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 9m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 9m
OSC
8h 9m
Replay Cast
8h 9m
OSC
21h 9m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.