• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:14
CEST 08:14
KST 15:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9972 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 297

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 295 296 297 298 299 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
bearbuddy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3442 Posts
May 18 2010 23:59 GMT
#5921
Oh snap, Mago and Sengoku Basara 2.

Well, FMA and DRRR!! will be ending, though ._.
Ziph
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands970 Posts
May 19 2010 00:08 GMT
#5922
STRIKE WITCHES 2

[image loading]

BEST SERIES THIS SEASON.
Starcraft 2 - Beta
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
May 19 2010 00:17 GMT
#5923
As I wonder at the consequences of Strike Witches 2...

Neat site, Southlight, will do nicely for me to work out my backlog list Maybe I can finally get to Akuma no Mikata at some point lol (been sitting around for like years now after Haji recommended it)
dronebabo
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
10866 Posts
May 19 2010 00:17 GMT
#5924
--- Nuked ---
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
May 19 2010 00:29 GMT
#5925
Probably the most trustworthy site I've come across with regards to ratings, because I agree with most of them!

And a lot of the overhyped (IMO) series don't actually get S-rank either (Regios, Index, etc. which while I sometimes like I'll never argue for their great-ness), or at least not until really late, etc.

Was interesting to see Toradora started off with B/As then end on a streak of S, though. Never read the novels, so someone else would need to tell me how that matches up with their thoughts.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Ziph
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands970 Posts
May 19 2010 00:36 GMT
#5926
On May 19 2010 09:29 Southlight wrote:
Probably the most trustworthy site I've come across with regards to ratings, because I agree with most of them!

And a lot of the overhyped (IMO) series don't actually get S-rank either (Regios, Index, etc. which while I sometimes like I'll never argue for their great-ness), or at least not until really late, etc.

Was interesting to see Toradora started off with B/As then end on a streak of S, though. Never read the novels, so someone else would need to tell me how that matches up with their thoughts.

I really enjoyed Regios! Though Index sucked quite bad god dropped that after 8 episodes or something. Never bothered with the one that aired this season. Railgun or something.
Starcraft 2 - Beta
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-19 00:42:58
May 19 2010 00:37 GMT
#5927
It doesn't end with Ami and we get a classical canon pairing, I can't help but wonder. Bungaku Shoujo vol 2 is way too underrated at B -.- (I loved that vol, but in hindsight it is because it was such a masterful play using the Wuthering Heights plot/character set) There are things here and there that I can't really agree with (Kizumonogatari getting only A because it is compared to Bake and because Hanekawa doesn't give us tsukkomi? derf), but in general it feels pretty good.

And while Index and such are popular, they really aren't that great. Fun to read, some neat characters, but nothing that makes for greatness.

On May 19 2010 09:36 Ziph wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2010 09:29 Southlight wrote:
Probably the most trustworthy site I've come across with regards to ratings, because I agree with most of them!

And a lot of the overhyped (IMO) series don't actually get S-rank either (Regios, Index, etc. which while I sometimes like I'll never argue for their great-ness), or at least not until really late, etc.

Was interesting to see Toradora started off with B/As then end on a streak of S, though. Never read the novels, so someone else would need to tell me how that matches up with their thoughts.

I really enjoyed Regios! Though Index sucked quite bad god dropped that after 8 episodes or something. Never bothered with the one that aired this season. Railgun or something.

Unfortunately we were talking about the light novels lol~
Ziph
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands970 Posts
May 19 2010 00:44 GMT
#5928
On May 19 2010 09:37 Ecael wrote:
It doesn't end with Ami and we get a classical canon pairing, I can't help but wonder. Bungaku Shoujo vol 2 is way too underrated at B -.- (I loved that vol, but in hindsight it is because it was such a masterful play using the Wuthering Heights plot/character set) There are things here and there that I can't really agree with (Kizumonogatari getting only A because it is compared to Bake and because Hanekawa doesn't give us tsukkomi? derf), but in general it feels pretty good.

And while Index and such are popular, they really aren't that great. Fun to read, some neat characters, but nothing that makes for greatness.

Show nested quote +
On May 19 2010 09:36 Ziph wrote:
On May 19 2010 09:29 Southlight wrote:
Probably the most trustworthy site I've come across with regards to ratings, because I agree with most of them!

And a lot of the overhyped (IMO) series don't actually get S-rank either (Regios, Index, etc. which while I sometimes like I'll never argue for their great-ness), or at least not until really late, etc.

Was interesting to see Toradora started off with B/As then end on a streak of S, though. Never read the novels, so someone else would need to tell me how that matches up with their thoughts.

I really enjoyed Regios! Though Index sucked quite bad god dropped that after 8 episodes or something. Never bothered with the one that aired this season. Railgun or something.

Unfortunately we were talking about the light novels lol~


Oh, should have read the damn thread I guess. Though how can the Regios novel be worse then the anime?
Starcraft 2 - Beta
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
May 19 2010 00:48 GMT
#5929
I liked the start of the novels more than what of the anime I watched, primarily because I didn't like how the anime re-arranged everything and didn't want to show how absurdly strong Leifon was from the start (and took out his whole exiled-to-learn-the-world part), but I didn't like the direction the novels started taking as it ended up becoming more and more of a typical LN harem.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
May 19 2010 01:51 GMT
#5930
A space in a URL? Blasphemy :O

As for Summer 2010, looks like a bleak season. I really wonder as to how in the world AIC can spread themselves so thin. Four shows this season? And they have Mayoi Neko Overrun still left over from last season. What in the world is going on. Those guys need a serious wake up call. Stop giving us stuff like Mayoi Neko Overrun and Ookami Kakushi. At least put some more damn effort into your works guyz!

Ah yes, and chartfag left out the OVAs for this season. So far I know of three:
Black Rock Shooter on June 25th
Kure-nai on July 2nd
Hen Zemi on July 23rd

Not looking forward to any of them, but whatever.
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
dronebabo
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
10866 Posts
May 19 2010 02:34 GMT
#5931
--- Nuked ---
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
May 19 2010 03:09 GMT
#5932
I've only seen the singles for Eve no Jikan. I don't think I've seen the OSTs though.

On another note, I can't believe that bakabt.com is STILL getting DDoSed by one guy. That's one disgruntled former member.
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
Conquest101
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1395 Posts
May 19 2010 03:53 GMT
#5933
Lol, High School of the Dead anime, awesome. I wonder if they'll keep the same character style as the manga though.

Looking forward to Mago and maybe Kuroshitsuji 2 <-- going to be like a spiritual successor it seems though.

What is Strike Witches? Totally flew under my radar it seems. Super moe action stuff?

Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
May 19 2010 04:06 GMT
#5934
On May 19 2010 12:53 Conquest101 wrote:
Lol, High School of the Dead anime, awesome. I wonder if they'll keep the same character style as the manga though.

Looking forward to Mago and maybe Kuroshitsuji 2 <-- going to be like a spiritual successor it seems though.

What is Strike Witches? Totally flew under my radar it seems. Super moe action stuff?


Its World War 2! Except fought by a bunch of Lolis who don't wear pants...! Except they are using Magic to fly around with these air-plane leg things... And they aren't fighting the Germans, but are fighting... Aliens.

...Yeah. Sounds like complete shit to me.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Conquest101
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1395 Posts
May 19 2010 04:18 GMT
#5935
On May 19 2010 13:06 Sentenal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2010 12:53 Conquest101 wrote:
Lol, High School of the Dead anime, awesome. I wonder if they'll keep the same character style as the manga though.

Looking forward to Mago and maybe Kuroshitsuji 2 <-- going to be like a spiritual successor it seems though.

What is Strike Witches? Totally flew under my radar it seems. Super moe action stuff?


Its World War 2! Except fought by a bunch of Lolis who don't wear pants...! Except they are using Magic to fly around with these air-plane leg things... And they aren't fighting the Germans, but are fighting... Aliens.

...Yeah. Sounds like complete shit to me.


Or AWESOME!

No, that does sound retarded lol.
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
May 19 2010 04:30 GMT
#5936
On May 19 2010 13:06 Sentenal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2010 12:53 Conquest101 wrote:
Lol, High School of the Dead anime, awesome. I wonder if they'll keep the same character style as the manga though.

Looking forward to Mago and maybe Kuroshitsuji 2 <-- going to be like a spiritual successor it seems though.

What is Strike Witches? Totally flew under my radar it seems. Super moe action stuff?


Its World War 2! Except fought by a bunch of Lolis who don't wear pants...! Except they are using Magic to fly around with these air-plane leg things... And they aren't fighting the Germans, but are fighting... Aliens.

...Yeah. Sounds like complete shit to me.

Yeah... The whole no pants thing threw me for a loop. Normally, I'm okay with a little fanservice, but Strike Witches does it so often, and it's so blatant... ugh. Strangely enough, I think the cover of the light novel has one of them wearing a skirt instead of being pantless.

Apparently it's pretty accurate regarding dogfighting tactics used in WWII. Maybe I'll finish it one of these days. There could be a half decent story under all that moe and fanservice, but maybe I'm being overly optimistic.
Liquipedia
Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
May 19 2010 04:51 GMT
#5937
On May 19 2010 12:09 Mystlord wrote:
On another note, I can't believe that bakabt.com is STILL getting DDoSed by one guy. That's one disgruntled former member.


Apparently he dislikes Jarudin (One of the staff programmers of BakaBT) for some reason. He wants him to "step down", like that will ever happen :p

"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
May 19 2010 05:08 GMT
#5938
On May 19 2010 13:06 Sentenal wrote:
Its World War 2! Except fought by a bunch of Lolis who don't wear pants...! Except they are using Magic to fly around with these air-plane leg things... And they aren't fighting the Germans, but are fighting... Aliens.

...Yeah. Sounds like complete shit to me.

Why would the Japanese-Germans fight the Germans? oO

I played Strike Witches and it's ok as a game, but the anime...I would never watch it, second season looks horrible too.
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
May 19 2010 05:37 GMT
#5939
On May 19 2010 14:08 Lucumo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2010 13:06 Sentenal wrote:
Its World War 2! Except fought by a bunch of Lolis who don't wear pants...! Except they are using Magic to fly around with these air-plane leg things... And they aren't fighting the Germans, but are fighting... Aliens.

...Yeah. Sounds like complete shit to me.

Why would the Japanese-Germans fight the Germans? oO

I played Strike Witches and it's ok as a game, but the anime...I would never watch it, second season looks horrible too.

Because its a rule that all WW2 stories have to have the Germans as the bad guys.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-19 05:59:49
May 19 2010 05:50 GMT
#5940
On May 19 2010 10:51 Mystlord wrote:
A space in a URL? Blasphemy :O

As for Summer 2010, looks like a bleak season. I really wonder as to how in the world AIC can spread themselves so thin. Four shows this season? And they have Mayoi Neko Overrun still left over from last season. What in the world is going on. Those guys need a serious wake up call. Stop giving us stuff like Mayoi Neko Overrun and Ookami Kakushi. At least put some more damn effort into your works guyz!

Ah yes, and chartfag left out the OVAs for this season. So far I know of three:
Black Rock Shooter on June 25th
Kure-nai on July 2nd
Hen Zemi on July 23rd

Not looking forward to any of them, but whatever.

I actually have a degree of interest for Kure-nai because how awesome denpateki na kanojo is. But for whatever reason kure-nai seems to sell better. Cursing consumers.

Oh, the anime was more or less on the stuff that no one cared about, so ova/novels have much more to offer.

Oh, and about the space, think that was some of the usual unicode wtf moments.
Prev 1 295 296 297 298 299 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 301
Mind 67
sorry 56
Bale 32
ZergMaN 12
Icarus 1
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
League of Legends
JimRising 754
Other Games
summit1g7795
Coldzera 713
WinterStarcraft699
C9.Mang0310
Sick146
febbydoto15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick710
BasetradeTV187
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2166
League of Legends
• Rush1379
Other Games
• Shiphtur661
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
3h 46m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
5h 46m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 46m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.