• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:43
CEST 00:43
KST 07:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8929 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 279

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 277 278 279 280 281 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
SpiritoftheTunA
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States20903 Posts
April 27 2010 23:24 GMT
#5561
On April 28 2010 08:21 triangle wrote:
You certainly don't see many blue tsunderes though.

It's probably a red oni blue oni thing

ami kawashima from toradora was pretty tsundere, then again so was taiga
posting on liquid sites in current year
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
April 27 2010 23:33 GMT
#5562
Kawashima was getting closer to the yandere end of things, which is why I preferred her by far more than Taiga.

On April 28 2010 08:11 Jayme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2010 08:04 Ecael wrote:
Sigh, none of you seem to get it. Yangire is the best of all. The Gahara-san genre of Tundra also works. We need to focus on the minor archetypes.

On April 28 2010 08:03 Jayme wrote:
On April 28 2010 07:54 triangle wrote:
I really dislike tsundere too :/

Sucker for Kuudere though.


You're a sucker for lifeless dolls?

O.O Might wanna get that checked out!

Anyone ever noticed that most Kuudere have very light hair, silvers/light blues while a Tsundere is going to almost always have a dark color, Black/Purple/Red

Sounds like a conspiracy.

A tsundere has to have been done in every possible color already.


A Yangire?

Psychosis doesn't do it for me, especially the Homicidal Psychosis that will turn on you in a flash because you happened to have a piece of hair on your shirt from bumping into a girl on your way to the store.

Yes a Tsundere has probably been done in every color, but that's why I said almost always!

Well, at this point a tsundere has been so overdone that you can read the actions of one like a book. A comic book at that. Such a predictable character is hard to properly engage the audience's attention. Psychosis gives an excuse for unpredictability and random awesome. If it is about entertainment, I'd have to go with the psychos. All the time.

That said, even in recent years there are still some good tsunderes. I just wouldn't put Toradora as a good place to look for it, not the anime anyway.
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
April 27 2010 23:33 GMT
#5563
On April 28 2010 08:24 SpiritoftheTunA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2010 08:21 triangle wrote:
You certainly don't see many blue tsunderes though.

It's probably a red oni blue oni thing

ami kawashima from toradora was pretty tsundere, then again so was taiga


Taiga was a bit over the top even considering that was the whole point of her character
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
April 27 2010 23:35 GMT
#5564
You want tsunderes to be over the top though, I'd really just say Taiga is a bad character, period. I am quite biased in this matter though, being a Ami fan
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
April 27 2010 23:37 GMT
#5565
Ami was one of the characters I liked more o.o

Taiga was just plain fucking annoying.
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-27 23:39:45
April 27 2010 23:37 GMT
#5566
On April 28 2010 08:33 Ecael wrote:
Kawashima was getting closer to the yandere end of things, which is why I preferred her by far more than Taiga.

Show nested quote +
On April 28 2010 08:11 Jayme wrote:
On April 28 2010 08:04 Ecael wrote:
Sigh, none of you seem to get it. Yangire is the best of all. The Gahara-san genre of Tundra also works. We need to focus on the minor archetypes.

On April 28 2010 08:03 Jayme wrote:
On April 28 2010 07:54 triangle wrote:
I really dislike tsundere too :/

Sucker for Kuudere though.


You're a sucker for lifeless dolls?

O.O Might wanna get that checked out!

Anyone ever noticed that most Kuudere have very light hair, silvers/light blues while a Tsundere is going to almost always have a dark color, Black/Purple/Red

Sounds like a conspiracy.

A tsundere has to have been done in every possible color already.


A Yangire?

Psychosis doesn't do it for me, especially the Homicidal Psychosis that will turn on you in a flash because you happened to have a piece of hair on your shirt from bumping into a girl on your way to the store.

Yes a Tsundere has probably been done in every color, but that's why I said almost always!

Well, at this point a tsundere has been so overdone that you can read the actions of one like a book. A comic book at that. Such a predictable character is hard to properly engage the audience's attention. Psychosis gives an excuse for unpredictability and random awesome. If it is about entertainment, I'd have to go with the psychos. All the time.

That said, even in recent years there are still some good tsunderes. I just wouldn't put Toradora as a good place to look for it, not the anime anyway.


I must admit that Yuno is quite an interesting character but Mirai Nikki in general is a pretty amazing story. She is however a Yandere and not Yangire.

On April 28 2010 08:35 Ecael wrote:
You want tsunderes to be over the top though, I'd really just say Taiga is a bad character, period. I am quite biased in this matter though, being a Ami fan


Even taking this into account Taiga was STILL over the top, even for a Tsundere archetype. I did not like her character at all regardless of the fact that I like Tsundere in general.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
April 27 2010 23:44 GMT
#5567
Gasai Yuno is one of the best characters ever O_O
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-27 23:53:34
April 27 2010 23:45 GMT
#5568
On April 28 2010 08:37 Jayme wrote:
Even taking this into account Taiga was STILL over the top, even for a Tsundere archetype. I did not like her character at all regardless of the fact that I like Tsundere in general.

Taiga is not that over the top. For over the top, see Louise.

On April 28 2010 08:33 Ecael wrote:
Kawashima was getting closer to the yandere end of things, which is why I preferred her by far more than Taiga.

Show nested quote +
On April 28 2010 08:11 Jayme wrote:
On April 28 2010 08:04 Ecael wrote:
Sigh, none of you seem to get it. Yangire is the best of all. The Gahara-san genre of Tundra also works. We need to focus on the minor archetypes.

On April 28 2010 08:03 Jayme wrote:
On April 28 2010 07:54 triangle wrote:
I really dislike tsundere too :/

Sucker for Kuudere though.


You're a sucker for lifeless dolls?

O.O Might wanna get that checked out!

Anyone ever noticed that most Kuudere have very light hair, silvers/light blues while a Tsundere is going to almost always have a dark color, Black/Purple/Red

Sounds like a conspiracy.

A tsundere has to have been done in every possible color already.


A Yangire?

Psychosis doesn't do it for me, especially the Homicidal Psychosis that will turn on you in a flash because you happened to have a piece of hair on your shirt from bumping into a girl on your way to the store.

Yes a Tsundere has probably been done in every color, but that's why I said almost always!

Well, at this point a tsundere has been so overdone that you can read the actions of one like a book. A comic book at that. Such a predictable character is hard to properly engage the audience's attention. Psychosis gives an excuse for unpredictability and random awesome. If it is about entertainment, I'd have to go with the psychos. All the time.

That said, even in recent years there are still some good tsunderes. I just wouldn't put Toradora as a good place to look for it, not the anime anyway.

Just because it's overdone doesn't mean it's not enjoyable though. You don't suddenly stop liking chocolate ice cream just because everybody starts selling chocolate ice cream. Of course, if the quality of said ice cream begins to go down because of how mass produced it is, that's another matter. Still, it's not impossible to find quality products, even with chocolate being so overdone.
+ Show Spoiler +
lol this analogy


And we know you like the crazy ones. I'm not particularly fond of them myself, bu I will concede that they make for excellent plot twists.
Liquipedia
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
April 27 2010 23:59 GMT
#5569
You don't stop liking chocolate ice cream if everyone just sells it, but if in numerous packaged meals you'll be having the chocolate ice cream from the same brand, it'd better be some damned high quality ones, because otherwise you'll be getting fed up fast. A Haagen Dazs chocolate ice cream will be high quality no matter what (No before people ask, that has nothing to do with my love for Rakkyo), but we don't have that too often.

Not sure how people can not like crazies, right, Southlight?
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
April 28 2010 00:24 GMT
#5570
She's not psycho at all
[image loading]


Yukki~ ~(m◎_◎)m
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
bearbuddy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3442 Posts
April 28 2010 00:42 GMT
#5571
Totally not a stalker on top of that, as well.
Fumi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
529 Posts
April 28 2010 01:00 GMT
#5572
On April 28 2010 08:37 FragKrag wrote:
Ami was one of the characters I liked more o.o

Taiga was just plain fucking annoying.

I don't understand why people like Ami so much. I just can't. Other than early Minorin and Sumire (and maybe Ryuuji), all the characters are pretty annoying. Taiga starts out unbearably annoying, but later on she starts showing her dere side a bit more, and sometimes acts cute, but still kinda annoying. Minorin starts out crazy and great, then drama happens and..well.. I still liked her then, but I can understand why people would dislike her. Kitamura starts out pretty bland, then drama happens and he's just completely annoying. Jesus, even that one girl voiced by Ai Nonaka (I forgot her name) becomes unbearable at some point, if I'm not mistaken it's when they go skiing. They're all bad enough, but Ami is just...eww. She starts out as a venomous bitch, continues being a venomous bitch, except trying to get Ryuuji to herself, then continues being a venomous bitch when she realizes she has no chance and starts to "help" Ryuuji. She's disgusting from beginning to end, I think the only moment I liked her was at the very end when she decided to be friends with Minori, I don't even remember why or how, but still.

Wow..I think I dislike Toradora more than I thought...
Flash, Stats, Reach, Tossgirl <> Boxer, Nestea, MC, Foxer fangirl | http://osu.ppy.sh/u/181432
Dark.Carnival
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5095 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-28 01:17:47
April 28 2010 01:16 GMT
#5573
Ami as a character was given more depth and maturity compared than the others. Not that she's the best character ever, but she had flaws and multiple sides to her that were more entertaining and interesting to watch than the others, who were mostly all very one dimensional. At least that's how I saw her character, and that might be me putting too much thought into it. Still, I liked Toradora, though Taiga and Louise being the exact same character made me feel like I was watching the same series in a different setting.
@QxGDarkCell ._.
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
April 28 2010 01:45 GMT
#5574
I don't understand how we're going down this path on character archetypes...

I'll throw my weight behind the "Characters that transcend current archetypes", but that's becoming so rare nowadays

Yet I suppose if I were to pick one archetype, it'd have to be Yangire. All these "dere"s don't really fly with me since they all rely on some sort love interest to work. Yangires are fundamentally more interesting since they will always have some greater reason as to why they act the way they do, rather than love.

And I'm not getting involved into this Toradora debate... I know what happens when this comes up...
+ Show Spoiler [THIS] +
[image loading]
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-28 01:53:42
April 28 2010 01:52 GMT
#5575
On April 28 2010 08:45 Spazer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2010 08:37 Jayme wrote:
Even taking this into account Taiga was STILL over the top, even for a Tsundere archetype. I did not like her character at all regardless of the fact that I like Tsundere in general.

Taiga is not that over the top. For over the top, see Louise.
.


Which Louise are we talking about here?

The one I'm thinking of had a pretty damn good reason for being angry. Like getting her arm burned off and watching as a gigantic fire ball blew up her house and killed her parents.

But we could be thinking about a different Louise here
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
April 28 2010 02:04 GMT
#5576
Characters that transcend archetypes? What's that? There are only major archetypes and minor archetypes.

About Yangire vs Yandere, I prefer the former because of greater freedom of movement, but honestly even with yandere it is easily enough to use a love related reason to act all insanely.

Wait, Louise + Tsundere talk =/= ZnT?
Fumi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
529 Posts
April 28 2010 02:05 GMT
#5577
On April 28 2010 10:52 Jayme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2010 08:45 Spazer wrote:
On April 28 2010 08:37 Jayme wrote:
Even taking this into account Taiga was STILL over the top, even for a Tsundere archetype. I did not like her character at all regardless of the fact that I like Tsundere in general.

Taiga is not that over the top. For over the top, see Louise.
.


Which Louise are we talking about here?

The one I'm thinking of had a pretty damn good reason for being angry. Like getting her arm burned off and watching as a gigantic fire ball blew up her house and killed her parents.

But we could be thinking about a different Louise here

Zero no Tsukaima Louise, pink haired, abusive little tsundere.
Flash, Stats, Reach, Tossgirl <> Boxer, Nestea, MC, Foxer fangirl | http://osu.ppy.sh/u/181432
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
April 28 2010 02:07 GMT
#5578
On April 28 2010 11:05 Fumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2010 10:52 Jayme wrote:
On April 28 2010 08:45 Spazer wrote:
On April 28 2010 08:37 Jayme wrote:
Even taking this into account Taiga was STILL over the top, even for a Tsundere archetype. I did not like her character at all regardless of the fact that I like Tsundere in general.

Taiga is not that over the top. For over the top, see Louise.
.


Which Louise are we talking about here?

The one I'm thinking of had a pretty damn good reason for being angry. Like getting her arm burned off and watching as a gigantic fire ball blew up her house and killed her parents.

But we could be thinking about a different Louise here

Zero no Tsukaima Louise, pink haired, abusive little tsundere.


Oh that little shit....

She was pretty bad too, I never finished ZnT because she annoyed me so much.

Taiga and Louise are petty Tsundere's really. Ones that haven't even had a bad life or anything at all that warrants how they treat people but they do it anyway.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Shizuru~
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Malaysia1676 Posts
April 28 2010 02:10 GMT
#5579
On April 27 2010 16:20 MYM.Testie wrote:
Finally got around to watching Katanagatari.
+ Show Spoiler +

Overall I have to say I like it. Was expecting a bit more excitement / action from battles but at least Togame doesn't disappoint.
Just saw ep 4. They show us animations of their fight in episode 3 but not the actual fight?! I'd feel ripped off if nee-chan weren't full of rape and a kind of creepy atmosphere.
lol holy shit wtf nee-chan


haven't actually read the whole novel series, but the way it seems in the anime is to build her up to be the ultimate final boss maybe?

On April 27 2010 11:55 aers wrote:
gg is dead.

Eclipse will finish FMA; the translator isn't doing the other shows, though. If they don't find a new translator they are dead.

BSS will finish Durarara!!. It isn't a new translator, though, dunno where you heard that. Future unknown.


where am i gonna find the english sub for the EPIC Legend of Koizumi now
Fumi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
529 Posts
April 28 2010 02:24 GMT
#5580
On April 28 2010 11:07 Jayme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2010 11:05 Fumi wrote:
On April 28 2010 10:52 Jayme wrote:
On April 28 2010 08:45 Spazer wrote:
On April 28 2010 08:37 Jayme wrote:
Even taking this into account Taiga was STILL over the top, even for a Tsundere archetype. I did not like her character at all regardless of the fact that I like Tsundere in general.

Taiga is not that over the top. For over the top, see Louise.
.


Which Louise are we talking about here?

The one I'm thinking of had a pretty damn good reason for being angry. Like getting her arm burned off and watching as a gigantic fire ball blew up her house and killed her parents.

But we could be thinking about a different Louise here

Zero no Tsukaima Louise, pink haired, abusive little tsundere.


Oh that little shit....

She was pretty bad too, I never finished ZnT because she annoyed me so much.

Taiga and Louise are petty Tsundere's really. Ones that haven't even had a bad life or anything at all that warrants how they treat people but they do it anyway.

Well, Taiga is the only one with an excuse......sort of. People always compare Taiga, Louise, Shana and Nagi (Hayate no Gotoku, not the Kannagi one) though. Louise is the worst by far in my opinion.
Flash, Stats, Reach, Tossgirl <> Boxer, Nestea, MC, Foxer fangirl | http://osu.ppy.sh/u/181432
Prev 1 277 278 279 280 281 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech157
Nina 143
ViBE116
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15003
Artosis 475
PianO 20
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever387
NeuroSwarm87
canceldota71
League of Legends
Doublelift3509
Counter-Strike
Fnx 994
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
PPMD43
Other Games
summit1g6829
FrodaN1083
shahzam528
C9.Mang0295
RotterdaM85
Mew2King28
fpsfer 2
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 32
• RyuSc2 23
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1067
• Shiphtur623
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
17m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.