• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:22
CEST 00:22
KST 07:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8179 users

Movie Discussion! - Page 33

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 483 Next
Please title all your posts and rehost all images on Imgur
Lovin
Profile Joined May 2009
Denmark812 Posts
February 12 2010 22:09 GMT
#641
On February 12 2010 23:14 sMi.MeOw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2010 22:14 Jibba wrote:
On February 12 2010 14:21 sMi.MeOw wrote:
[image loading]


Good ole days!

Hah. I watched this ( v ) a few months ago and it was a horrible mistake. I was even watching it alone and I was still embarrassed by it.

[image loading]


Not sure if I want to see the new one. o.o The new Kamen Riders were much better.



lololol Ultraman...now that's nostalgic...

[image loading]

beautiful...




OH! I remember this from my childhood! It was sooo amazing.. I've gotta find that movie.. I know I have it somewhere..
AKA SuddenSalad
Neivler
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Norway911 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-12 23:15:01
February 12 2010 23:11 GMT
#642
On February 12 2010 23:05 magh wrote:
[image loading]


It's kinda old news, but saw this AGAIN last night. Had me cryin' like a baby. Yes, I admit it.

It's such a great and powerful movie, if you havn't seen it, do so. Today.
Top 5 movie for me, easily.

Enjoy


That movie was so bad it hurt my eyes. The moral of the movie was over the top, and it made it so lame and boring.

OMG dont be racist dat bad is :\

I have seen Get ready to be Boyzvoiced. One of the best Norwegian films of all time, OF ALL TIME
[image loading]
I pwn noobs
Radios
Profile Joined February 2009
United States61 Posts
February 13 2010 02:21 GMT
#643
My most recent venture to the cinema had me seeing AVATAR with my brother and one of his friends. It was alright. I mean, I liked it well enough (Visuals were brilliant, I'll admit) but I felt that a lot of the messages were really, really forced and certain scenes just grated my nerves on how annoying/stupid they were:

+ Show Spoiler +
Neytiri crying. EVERY TIME. GOOD GOD.


I should probably feel bad for rooting for the humans through most of the film, but goddamn - Quaritch is a BAD. ASS. MOTHERFUCKER. I was loling every time he did some over-the-top macho move:

+ Show Spoiler +
The scene where he ejects Jake from the avatar pod and just punches him in the face was FUCKING GOLD


Also, Pandora reminded me so much of Aiur that I spent half the movie fantasizing about the Protoss coming in with Scouts and Carriers and shit and just owning the Na'vi left and right. I also considered the fact that the Protoss and Na'vi are about the same height (3 meters, or around 9-10 feet for us backwater 'MURKANS), and it made me want a Starcraft movie. Seeing 10-foot-tall zealots kicking the shit out of some marines and unarmored humans would be AWESOME.

Here's a picture of Quaritch because he rules so hard.
[image loading]
There is no shame in defeat, so long as the spirit is unconquered.
Xxio
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada5565 Posts
February 13 2010 02:30 GMT
#644
On February 12 2010 23:00 Manit0u wrote:
[image loading]


To anyone who would like to make a sequel of this movie (or any movie like that): DO NOT WANT!


Yeah I watched that last night, very disappointing
KTY
Gregsen
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Germany667 Posts
February 13 2010 03:10 GMT
#645
Avatar....really really great.
Boycott Activision whenever, wherever you can.
Bub
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States3518 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-13 11:29:08
February 13 2010 11:24 GMT
#646
On February 13 2010 07:09 ,™:

[image loading]

beautiful...

[image loading]
XK ßubonic
cYaN
Profile Joined May 2004
Norway3322 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-13 11:55:28
February 13 2010 11:54 GMT
#647
On February 12 2010 21:20 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2010 09:17 cYaN wrote:
[image loading]


Watched this last night and thought it was very good. Really enjoyed it.

imdb link
Basically about the 95 rugby worldcup from the south african/nelson mandela/post apartheid era etc.

As if I didn't already have enough trouble telling the difference between Mandela and Freeman. I watched Legion last night and it was awful. It was only 90 minutes long but they still couldn't stretch the story out to fill that space. It felt like they ran out of money halfway through filming it so just tailed the story off wherever they were and padded it out to 90 minutes by using the footage they had from different angles and slowed down in places.

haha kwark Try this then:

mandela and de klerk Sidney Poitier as Mandela
goodbye bafana Dennis Haysbert as Mandela

Both decent movies and you'll enjoy someone not freeman as mandela i'm sure
SkyTheUnknown
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Germany2065 Posts
February 13 2010 12:11 GMT
#648
Movie I saw on BluRay yesterday:
Le scaphandre et le papillon

[image loading]


Short summary from imdb:
Elle France editor Jean-Dominique Bauby, who, in 1995 at the age of 43, suffered a stroke that paralyzed his entire body, except his left eye. Using that eye to blink out his memoir, Bauby eloquently described the aspects of his interior world, from the psychological torment of being trapped inside his body to his imagined stories from lands he'd only visited in his mind.

My opinion: one of the best movies I have seen in the last years. It's not a easy movie, but it's just beautiful and shows how the world from the perspective of a person with locked in syndrome really is.
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown - H.P. Lovecraft
Makenshi
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden2105 Posts
February 15 2010 00:11 GMT
#649
[image loading]



You just cant go wrong with Studio Ghibli and laputa was the first one i ever saw
I <3 it!
rushz0rz
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Canada5300 Posts
February 15 2010 00:15 GMT
#650
The Road.

The end destroyed me.
IntoTheRainBOw fan~
ShAsTa
Profile Joined November 2002
Belgium2841 Posts
February 15 2010 00:29 GMT
#651
On February 13 2010 11:21 Radios wrote:
I should probably feel bad for rooting for the humans through most of the film, but goddamn - Quaritch is a BAD. ASS. MOTHERFUCKER. I was loling every time he did some over-the-top macho move:

+ Show Spoiler +
The scene where he ejects Jake from the avatar pod and just punches him in the face was FUCKING GOLD


Yeah, I loved it when he was on fire and just ignored it for a while.
If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.
Chuiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
3470 Posts
February 15 2010 00:49 GMT
#652
So a friend told me about Pandorum and compared it to Event Horizon. After watching both the only similarity between the two is they are both about people trying to survive in space on a space ship they can't escape from. Like every other space scifi horror movie pretty much. Anyway I ended up watching both...

[image loading]


Saw it long ass time ago but it still is a great movie. I don't normally like horror movies but this is one of the few that I appreciate.

[image loading]


Pandorum was more of an action movie to me, it just doesn't feel like it belongs in the horror genre. Anyway it was a pretty cool movie, I enjoyed it. The ending felt like it wanted to get over with itself as fast as possible though.
♞
ChoBoLINGs
Profile Joined February 2010
Israel27 Posts
February 17 2010 01:45 GMT
#653
On February 12 2010 23:14 sMi.MeOw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2010 22:14 Jibba wrote:
On February 12 2010 14:21 sMi.MeOw wrote:
[image loading]


Good ole days!

Hah. I watched this ( v ) a few months ago and it was a horrible mistake. I was even watching it alone and I was still embarrassed by it.

[image loading]


Not sure if I want to see the new one. o.o The new Kamen Riders were much better.



lololol Ultraman...now that's nostalgic...

[image loading]

beautiful...




what's the name of that anime?!?!?!?!?!
ZerO HWAITING
Chuiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
3470 Posts
February 17 2010 01:52 GMT
#654
My Neighbor Totoro. As seen in the url for the image my_neighbor_totoro_-_tonari_no_totoro_movie_poster.jpg
♞
Deleted User 50491
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
721 Posts
February 17 2010 02:01 GMT
#655
[image loading]


Decent film something different. I recommend it, kinda reminds me of fight club in the sense of the guy never sleeps but thats it I liked it.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
February 17 2010 02:29 GMT
#656
Ok I haven't posted here but I'll spill the beans on the movies I've seen during the past 2 weeks:
(Click on the title for IMDB link)

1. CA$H (2010)
[image loading]

Overall this was a 6.5/10 movie for me (I am rather strict so I guess it will get more on IMDB). The story is good, plausible even, the characters are not bad, and the ending is rather abrupt, but what WILL make you want to watch this movie is Sean Bean. His character is AMAZING, probably because of how he plays it also, but also for the psychological ramifications. This guy's wallet DEFINITELY says "Bad Motherfucker" on it. Please see this movie, because Sean Bean is a clear 10/10 in this one.
I found it fun because it was almost realistic. Sometimes life DOES throw you curve balls. How much can you take before you snap?

2. The informant!
[image loading]

This movie will either bore you to death or amuse you for 2 hours. I personally like the way it was made, the narrator, the way Matt plays his part and the absurdity of it all. Again, it seems like a down-to-earth movie, but it's a bit anti-climatic. There's no burst, no huge action scene, no nothing. It just slowly collapses on itself as you'll expect it to, but the ride is pretty decent. It seemed more like a documentary than a movie in the end, but Matt's role was really nice and pleasant to watch. If you get bored fast, don't bother with it though. 6/10

3. Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant
[image loading]

I was looking forward to a decent vampire movie (though, I don't know why, I've seen the trailer), and instead I got a sort-of Harry Potter-like flick. I don't like Harry Potter-like flicks, so I didn't get much out of this experience, but I guess that the take on the whole vampire myth is sort-of original (which is sort-of impressive, since you know, everyone has been going for original vampire movies in the past 2-3 years). So if you're a fan of the genre... ...gah... I can't say it. I can't say "you might wanna see this movie". It was bad, even if you're a fan of the genre it's too childish and.. lame.

BUT IF YOU LIKE HARRY POTTER...
...4/10

4. Boondock Saints 2 - All Saints Day
[image loading]

Hmmm... I'm not too sure about this one. I guess it depends a lot on how much you liked the prequel. If you loved it, you'll probably like this one. If you were ok with it, you'll probably be ok with this one too. It was quite similar in a lot of aspects, and yet original in it's own way. I, personally, have only seen the first one quite recently, so I'm not exactly part of the cult, but I found it a decently funny/entertaining movie, especially if you like action and bad ass stuff! And Irish men!
I'd say 7/10 on the entertainment and fun factor, but I don't think it's as "deep" as it wants to be.

So that about wraps it up.
I've also watched Ninja Assassin, and it was 100% what I expected, some nice action shots, NOTHING else. It was already featured here. It's cool if you can scroll through the boring stuff and just watch the fighting scenes, but I wouldn't like having to sit through everything else.

So that's about it. Let me know if you have questions or if I screwed anything up. I hope this helps a bit in deciding what to watch.

Oh but do watch Ca$h. Sean Bean = win.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
February 17 2010 06:27 GMT
#657
On February 12 2010 22:14 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2010 14:21 sMi.MeOw wrote:
[image loading]


Good ole days!

Hah. I watched this ( v ) a few months ago and it was a horrible mistake. I was even watching it alone and I was still embarrassed by it.

[image loading]


Not sure if I want to see the new one. o.o The new Kamen Riders were much better.


I've been watching Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle (only the first six episodes since it's almost impossible to find for download and only those episodes are subbed by crazy Chinese people into English.) It's almost as good as Ultraman Moebius, but like I said - too obscure to get subbed or even be available raw ;_;

I also just saw this subbed;

[image loading]


I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I think it was mainly for the fighting though and the awesomeness of seeing all the Heisei period riders together. Now begins the painfully long wait for the Shinkenger/Go-Onger movie and Kamen Rider Double's Begins Night stuff (I want Crazy!Phillip right how dammit.)
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
hideo
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada1641 Posts
February 17 2010 08:44 GMT
#658
On February 13 2010 11:21 Radios wrote:
My most recent venture to the cinema had me seeing AVATAR with my brother and one of his friends. It was alright. I mean, I liked it well enough (Visuals were brilliant, I'll admit) but I felt that a lot of the messages were really, really forced and certain scenes just grated my nerves on how annoying/stupid they were:

+ Show Spoiler +
Neytiri crying. EVERY TIME. GOOD GOD.


I should probably feel bad for rooting for the humans through most of the film, but goddamn - Quaritch is a BAD. ASS. MOTHERFUCKER. I was loling every time he did some over-the-top macho move:

+ Show Spoiler +
The scene where he ejects Jake from the avatar pod and just punches him in the face was FUCKING GOLD


Also, Pandora reminded me so much of Aiur that I spent half the movie fantasizing about the Protoss coming in with Scouts and Carriers and shit and just owning the Na'vi left and right. I also considered the fact that the Protoss and Na'vi are about the same height (3 meters, or around 9-10 feet for us backwater 'MURKANS), and it made me want a Starcraft movie. Seeing 10-foot-tall zealots kicking the shit out of some marines and unarmored humans would be AWESOME.

Here's a picture of Quaritch because he rules so hard.
[image loading]



Haha... yes.

I rooted for the humans as well. Quaritch was just an awesome character. Definitive BAMF.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
February 17 2010 18:11 GMT
#659
On February 17 2010 10:45 ChoBoLINGs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2010 23:14 sMi.MeOw wrote:
On February 12 2010 22:14 Jibba wrote:
On February 12 2010 14:21 sMi.MeOw wrote:
[image loading]


Good ole days!

Hah. I watched this ( v ) a few months ago and it was a horrible mistake. I was even watching it alone and I was still embarrassed by it.

[image loading]


Not sure if I want to see the new one. o.o The new Kamen Riders were much better.



lololol Ultraman...now that's nostalgic...

[image loading]

beautiful...




what's the name of that anime?!?!?!?!?!


My Neighbor Totoro
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
February 17 2010 18:28 GMT
#660
Just saw in last 2 days:
Avatar
25th Hour
Requiem for a Dream
Snatch
The Princess and the Frog
Reservoir Dogs

Having a week off from lectures is fantastic.
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 483 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta16
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech180
Nina 136
ViBE75
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15567
Artosis 380
firebathero 77
PianO 18
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever380
canceldota87
NeuroSwarm49
League of Legends
Doublelift4173
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
PPMD44
Other Games
summit1g7351
FrodaN1227
shahzam545
C9.Mang0359
RotterdaM95
Mew2King36
fpsfer 1
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile137
• StrangeGG 26
• RyuSc2 19
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1098
• Shiphtur645
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
38m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.