• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:51
CEST 18:51
KST 01:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10547 users

Movie Discussion! - Page 32

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 483 Next
Please title all your posts and rehost all images on Imgur
Is Tdot Here
Profile Joined February 2010
Afghanistan13 Posts
February 12 2010 01:01 GMT
#621
On February 12 2010 10:00 Is Tdot Here wrote:
[image loading]

THIS is my favorite movie of all time.


It should be yours, too.
Is tdot in the house?
TryThis
Profile Joined February 2007
Canada1522 Posts
February 12 2010 01:09 GMT
#622
[image loading]

this movie was amazing, nothing like i expected. The basically two person cast is really tough to pull off, but here it was done quite well. Great ending. id reccommand it to anyone, Some scenes had me really feeling the pain being experianced, very well done.
9/10
Dwell
BuGzlToOnl
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5918 Posts
February 12 2010 01:14 GMT
#623
<3 Hard Candy.
If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.
Pressure
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
7326 Posts
February 12 2010 02:53 GMT
#624
On February 12 2010 09:17 seppolevne wrote:
Yesterday I watched:

[image loading]

Awesome movie, the stop-motion was excellent, story was great (I hadn't read the book), voice casting was very well done - full of Wes Anderson regulars.

Today:

[image loading]


Holy shit is this movie good. About 20 minutes in I was thinking about quitting, by 30 I was interested, by 45 I was in love. Phillip Seymore Hoffman is amazing, the story is a total mindfuck - time is played with and sometimes seems to be optional, motifs are well thought out, great movie.

Watched Fantastic Mr Fox yesterday as well. SO GOOD
Bosu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3247 Posts
February 12 2010 04:16 GMT
#625
Phillip Seymore Hoffman is amazing agreed.
#1 Kwanro Fan
sMi.MeOw
Profile Joined August 2007
New Zealand160 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-12 05:22:35
February 12 2010 05:21 GMT
#626
[image loading]


Good ole days!
<3CL<3Minzy<3Bom<3Dara<3 [2NE1]
Xxio
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada5565 Posts
February 12 2010 05:23 GMT
#627
On February 12 2010 07:54 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2010 13:36 Warrior Madness wrote:
[image loading]


I haven't seen a movie quite like this before. It starts off as a perverse, foul-mouthed comedy, and in the middle the movie takes a jarring, dramatic twist, and then it becomes pretty ridiculous turning into something of a dark comedy.

I really loved this movie. It makes you hate everyone, and then it's weirdly uplifting in the end.


Up In The Air:
It was pretty good, but not quite great. I can't quite put my finger on what held it back. Maybe too simplistic? The premise was really good, but they could've done a lot more with it.


I'm going to check this out. Would never have gave this movie a second look but reading about it on wikipedia it actually looks decent, thanks for review
KTY
laste
Profile Joined November 2008
Bulgaria242 Posts
February 12 2010 12:12 GMT
#628
I'm sorry but I watched INTO THE WILD last night and it disappointing to say the least.
I mean the movie is basically about....+ Show Spoiler +
guy runs away from home because his parents suck(oh gee), lives like a bum for 2 years then, wait for it, GOES TO ALASKA AND DIES.

I shit you not thats the whole movie, he travels around, meets some people, spreads his nonsense of an ideology about him not needing money and how hes going to alaska, alaska,alaska to live tarzan style in the mountains and works @ random places to fund his trip, to alaska.

he finally gets there, in the middle fucking of nowhere and catches a break with an abandoned bus, but then he FAILS at hunting, FAILS at eating plants and you know what he did after? HE ROLLED OVER AND DIED. honestly I went crazy, I started looking for another cd I couldn' believe that was the end. he even tried to go back to civilization after his bag rice which he planned to live off got empty but couldn't because the river he originally crossed had gotten bigger.

at least the way he documented events in his journal was entertaining

TODAY I FAILED AT EATING MOOSE. WORST DAY OF LIFE*sadtarzan*


I guess I didn't like it because I had a little to high of an expectation for it, a friend told me its amazing, I read here that its mind blowing and all sorts of other comments that its an life-altering, never-be-the-same-again movie.
Everybody will be in bronze soon, because Tasteless will have all our ladder points.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44367 Posts
February 12 2010 12:20 GMT
#629
On February 12 2010 09:17 cYaN wrote:
[image loading]


Watched this last night and thought it was very good. Really enjoyed it.

imdb link
Basically about the 95 rugby worldcup from the south african/nelson mandela/post apartheid era etc.

As if I didn't already have enough trouble telling the difference between Mandela and Freeman. I watched Legion last night and it was awful. It was only 90 minutes long but they still couldn't stretch the story out to fill that space. It felt like they ran out of money halfway through filming it so just tailed the story off wherever they were and padded it out to 90 minutes by using the footage they had from different angles and slowed down in places.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Trezeguet
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States2656 Posts
February 12 2010 12:33 GMT
#630
On February 12 2010 21:12 laste wrote:
I'm sorry but I watched INTO THE WILD last night and it disappointing to say the least.
I mean the movie is basically about....+ Show Spoiler +
guy runs away from home because his parents suck(oh gee), lives like a bum for 2 years then, wait for it, GOES TO ALASKA AND DIES.

I shit you not thats the whole movie, he travels around, meets some people, spreads his nonsense of an ideology about him not needing money and how hes going to alaska, alaska,alaska to live tarzan style in the mountains and works @ random places to fund his trip, to alaska.

he finally gets there, in the middle fucking of nowhere and catches a break with an abandoned bus, but then he FAILS at hunting, FAILS at eating plants and you know what he did after? HE ROLLED OVER AND DIED. honestly I went crazy, I started looking for another cd I couldn' believe that was the end. he even tried to go back to civilization after his bag rice which he planned to live off got empty but couldn't because the river he originally crossed had gotten bigger.

at least the way he documented events in his journal was entertaining

TODAY I FAILED AT EATING MOOSE. WORST DAY OF LIFE*sadtarzan*


I guess I didn't like it because I had a little to high of an expectation for it, a friend told me its amazing, I read here that its mind blowing and all sorts of other comments that its an life-altering, never-be-the-same-again movie.

Some of the point of the movie is that even though he has such a free spirit and is doing what he wants, he is completely unprepared and has no plan/idea what he is doing. It's supposed to be inspiring and cautionary at the same time.
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-12 13:16:47
February 12 2010 13:14 GMT
#631
On February 12 2010 14:21 sMi.MeOw wrote:
[image loading]


Good ole days!

Hah. I watched this ( v ) a few months ago and it was a horrible mistake. I was even watching it alone and I was still embarrassed by it.

[image loading]


Not sure if I want to see the new one. o.o The new Kamen Riders were much better.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17850 Posts
February 12 2010 14:00 GMT
#632
[image loading]


To anyone who would like to make a sequel of this movie (or any movie like that): DO NOT WANT!
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
magh
Profile Joined August 2008
Sweden95 Posts
February 12 2010 14:05 GMT
#633
[image loading]


It's kinda old news, but saw this AGAIN last night. Had me cryin' like a baby. Yes, I admit it.

It's such a great and powerful movie, if you havn't seen it, do so. Today.
Top 5 movie for me, easily.

Enjoy
And the front door is open.. AGAIN!!
sMi.MeOw
Profile Joined August 2007
New Zealand160 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-12 14:18:15
February 12 2010 14:14 GMT
#634
On February 12 2010 22:14 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2010 14:21 sMi.MeOw wrote:
[image loading]


Good ole days!

Hah. I watched this ( v ) a few months ago and it was a horrible mistake. I was even watching it alone and I was still embarrassed by it.

[image loading]


Not sure if I want to see the new one. o.o The new Kamen Riders were much better.



lololol Ultraman...now that's nostalgic...

[image loading]

beautiful...


<3CL<3Minzy<3Bom<3Dara<3 [2NE1]
Nyovne
Profile Joined March 2006
Netherlands19141 Posts
February 12 2010 16:52 GMT
#635
Tootooorooooo!! Sooo cool :D.
ModeratorFor remember, that in the end, some are born to live, others born to die. I belong to those last, born to burn, born to cry. For I shall remain alone... forsaken.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17850 Posts
February 12 2010 19:27 GMT
#636
Just seen Invictus.
If Clint is going to keep up such good work I pray they soon discover immortality and apply it to him.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Groslouser
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
France337 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-12 19:49:33
February 12 2010 19:46 GMT
#637
On February 13 2010 04:27 Manit0u wrote:

Clint is doing such good work I pray they soon discover immortality and apply it to him.


Fixed

Btw

[image loading]


Avoid it at all cost, the most boring movie ever, i'm usually fond of bad movies but this one is so shitty its beyond salvation.

[image loading]


Decent film, i'd say 7/10 even though i dont really like christian bale
Lefnui
Profile Joined November 2008
United States753 Posts
February 12 2010 20:47 GMT
#638
[image loading]


Easily the funniest movie.
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
February 12 2010 21:52 GMT
#639
Sean Penn was great in Milk, but I finally got around to seeing The Wrestler and there's no doubt in my mind that Rourke gave the best performance of the year, and certainly one of the best solo performances of all time. It's a slow film, but I'm one of those people who prefers BB to Dexter, so I was happy for it. The rest of the movie isn't as good as he is, but it's still worth seeing.

I'm especially glad he didn't overact the part, which would be very easy playing a wrestler. The indifference, the mood changes, the quiet sadness. It all felt very real and familiar if you've self-destructed before.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17850 Posts
February 12 2010 22:05 GMT
#640
On February 13 2010 04:46 Groslouser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2010 04:27 Manit0u wrote:

Clint is doing such good work I pray they soon discover immortality and apply it to him.


Fixed


I meant the same thing (stating the obvious)

And if you like bad movies, go watch Twilight.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 483 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 433
UpATreeSC 89
Codebar 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37053
Calm 3805
Bisu 1640
Shuttle 1248
FanTaSy 998
Mini 396
EffOrt 324
actioN 274
Rush 208
firebathero 196
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 185
Dewaltoss 100
Barracks 73
Zeus 63
Liquid`Ret 43
Sharp 30
Hyun 29
Free 27
soO 26
Pusan 24
Bale 24
Aegong 20
HiyA 20
PianO 18
Shine 16
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6901
Dendi1118
XaKoH 353
League of Legends
KnowMe51
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1130
x6flipin670
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes666
Other Games
singsing2372
FrodaN1142
Beastyqt577
mouzStarbuck318
B2W.Neo224
byalli194
Livibee187
C9.Mang0120
RotterdaM106
Trikslyr68
Mew2King54
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV497
Other Games
• Shiphtur950
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 24m
Replay Cast
6h 9m
OSC
1d 6h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 17h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.