• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:04
CEST 04:04
KST 11:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7924 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 818

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 816 817 818 819 820 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
Aegon I
Profile Joined April 2013
Canada133 Posts
May 13 2013 06:42 GMT
#16341
Seriously the Theon stuff really bothers me. It's ****ed up and I don't see an end goal at all. really would like them to just kill him already, it wastes too much TV time.

joffrey/tywin scene was perfect.

the "hodor" moment slayed me.
"His silvery hair was blowing in the wind, and his eyes were a deep purple, darker than this boy's"
karpotoss
Profile Joined November 2012
135 Posts
May 13 2013 06:45 GMT
#16342
This is pretty relevant to last episode.
Hitch-22
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
Canada753 Posts
May 13 2013 06:48 GMT
#16343
I wonder if this is all a prelude to Rollplay and that bear was the mighty... BEARRRGORRRRRR!!!!
"We all let our sword do the talking for us once in awhile I guess" - Bregor, the legendary critical striker and critical misser who triple crits 2 horses with 1 arrow but lands 3 1's in a row
czylu
Profile Joined June 2012
477 Posts
May 13 2013 06:48 GMT
#16344
On May 13 2013 15:39 DragonLord wrote:
You know what really gets me about Dany's actress? She does everything so slowly and purposefully. It annoys the living hells out of me. Everything is done slowly with a distant look in her eyes. I want to tell her to snap out of it. Seriously drives me insane and is a big reason I don't like her. Its like in LotR where there are SOOOO many scenes of them looking at the ring. Seriously, if you compiled all those movies and just took the scenes where someone is staring at the ring, or the camera is zooming into the ring in someone's hand... it takes up like an hour >_<
Da-raaamaaaa.


her emotionless blank stare is on purpose b/c of her elastic eyebrows.

[image loading]
Dante08
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Singapore4185 Posts
May 13 2013 06:53 GMT
#16345
Why is Lord Bolton sending Jaime back to King's Landing? Isn't he a hostage for the Starks?
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
May 13 2013 06:58 GMT
#16346
On May 13 2013 15:53 Dante08 wrote:
Why is Lord Bolton sending Jaime back to King's Landing? Isn't he a hostage for the Starks?


My guess is that Lord Bolton is trying to play on multiple horses in the war so that no matter who wins he will not be punished.
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
May 13 2013 06:58 GMT
#16347
On May 13 2013 15:42 aksfjh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2013 15:03 Dazed_Spy wrote:
On May 13 2013 14:29 aksfjh wrote:
On May 13 2013 12:50 Dazed_Spy wrote:
I'm disappointed, I was hoping that guy that chopped Jamies hand off would get killled or pushed into the bear pit. On an unrelated note, I find it amusing that Joffrey consistently kind of has a 'modern' conception of things, yet is otherwise sadistic and undisciplined. He envisioned the modern army in season one, and he was expecting a relatively modern notion of Cabinet ministers reporting to their executive as well. Not to mention he took the far sighted position on Danny, which Tywin did not.

edit: and come on, theon got castrated...grrm is a perv. Basically everyone in the show gets raped and castrated.

If I'm not mistaken, Joffrey is simply more concerned with ruling than Robert was, hence the desire to be counseled. Robert was, more or less, hedonistic and seemed to hate being king. He wasn't as afraid of being killed or losing the power as much as he was afraid of doing real work. The only exception was with Daenerys, but I think that may have more to do with her being Targaryen and them stealing his first wife. Joffrey, on the other hand, sees shadows in random places. He's naive, a coward, an idiot, and sees himself as a divine power. Tywin is right to not fear dragons, which were known to be weak for centuries, though admittedly, he should show a little more caution.
Hes right to be sceptical but hes wrong as a matter of fact. He [tywin] clearly is relying on faulty information, making him either incompetent or, well, himself, naive and fooled. Probably the latter, with him relying too heavily on Varys. Joffrey is a coward personally, theres no doubt of that. But fearing Dany is completely rational, something even Robert understood a year beforehand, long before she gained a large army and a reputation. Joffreys negative qualities are his sadism, cowardliness and immaturity, insofar as it goes larger political concerns--given hes twelve- hes actually been quite apt.

Like I said, I don't think Robert was actually afraid of Daenerys. He hated the Targaryens because of what they did to his wife. He understood the threat of the Dothraki, and the weakness of his kingdom, sure, but that's a lot different than fearing dragons and a slave army.

And he's only 12 now? I thought he was 14-15 by now...
Hmm, I disgaree on Roberts motives. But as to the actual legitamicies of the threat, I think we can accurately say [from an observers perspective] that Dany is more threatening now than in the past. When Robert was initially intending to assasinate her, the Dothraki were never going to invade. Even from his own perspective, the potential of an invasion was a series of extreme what ifs. Now a days though, the Dragons are...not long for being quite powerful, and the slave army is infact ridiculously well trained. She has the means and wishes to travel the sea, if she just takes it.

As to his age, I actually dont know come to think of it. I'm not sure if they ever actually said his age in the series, but I think he was 12 in the books initially [havent read the books I just know that ] though the ages may be different. Regardless, hes young, and not too stupid given his age.
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
lisward
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Singapore959 Posts
May 13 2013 06:59 GMT
#16348
Lol holy shit they basically proved that Theon got... OMG. Fuck I hate that guy so much, I hope he fucking dies holy shit omg.
Opinions are like phasers -- everybody ought to have one
affinity
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States266 Posts
May 13 2013 07:11 GMT
#16349
Goddamn that was the most terrified I've been of hookers showing up. Just waiting for the torturer to come out was.. well, torture. Those hookers are stone cold too; didn't even bat an eye seeing him getting wrecked.

Also I just found out that the wildling warg's actor is the same actor as the fake eyeball pirate from pirates of the caribbean.
Xahhk
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada540 Posts
May 13 2013 07:11 GMT
#16350
On May 13 2013 15:48 czylu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2013 15:39 DragonLord wrote:
You know what really gets me about Dany's actress? She does everything so slowly and purposefully. It annoys the living hells out of me. Everything is done slowly with a distant look in her eyes. I want to tell her to snap out of it. Seriously drives me insane and is a big reason I don't like her. Its like in LotR where there are SOOOO many scenes of them looking at the ring. Seriously, if you compiled all those movies and just took the scenes where someone is staring at the ring, or the camera is zooming into the ring in someone's hand... it takes up like an hour >_<
Da-raaamaaaa.


her emotionless blank stare is on purpose b/c of her elastic eyebrows.

[image loading]


Wow.. her eyebrows are alive lol.
Xahhk
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada540 Posts
May 13 2013 07:12 GMT
#16351
On May 13 2013 16:11 affinity wrote:
Goddamn that was the most terrified I've been of hookers showing up. Just waiting for the torturer to come out was.. well, torture. Those hookers are stone cold too; didn't even bat an eye seeing him getting wrecked.

Also I just found out that the wildling warg's actor is the same actor as the fake eyeball pirate from pirates of the caribbean.


When that second girl was taking her clothes off, I was thoroughly expecting a wang that she/he was going to use to ram theon with.
GenesisX
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada4267 Posts
May 13 2013 07:17 GMT
#16352
On May 13 2013 16:11 affinity wrote:
Goddamn that was the most terrified I've been of hookers showing up. Just waiting for the torturer to come out was.. well, torture. Those hookers are stone cold too; didn't even bat an eye seeing him getting wrecked.

Also I just found out that the wildling warg's actor is the same actor as the fake eyeball pirate from pirates of the caribbean.


omg dunno how I didn't make that connection lol

also, anyone else finding the endless Theon torturing getting kinda redundant? Maybe they're just setting up for a huge prison break scene where he kills his torturer in convincing fashion :D
133 221 333 123 111
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
May 13 2013 07:20 GMT
#16353
MMMMM Talisa's ass

I'd break my vows to Direwolf that shit too Rob xD

==

Anyway, I thought this episode was pretty boring. The scene with Brienne and the bear was great though.
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
SilverLeagueElite
Profile Joined April 2010
United States626 Posts
May 13 2013 07:21 GMT
#16354
On May 13 2013 15:42 aksfjh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2013 15:03 Dazed_Spy wrote:
On May 13 2013 14:29 aksfjh wrote:
On May 13 2013 12:50 Dazed_Spy wrote:
I'm disappointed, I was hoping that guy that chopped Jamies hand off would get killled or pushed into the bear pit. On an unrelated note, I find it amusing that Joffrey consistently kind of has a 'modern' conception of things, yet is otherwise sadistic and undisciplined. He envisioned the modern army in season one, and he was expecting a relatively modern notion of Cabinet ministers reporting to their executive as well. Not to mention he took the far sighted position on Danny, which Tywin did not.

edit: and come on, theon got castrated...grrm is a perv. Basically everyone in the show gets raped and castrated.

If I'm not mistaken, Joffrey is simply more concerned with ruling than Robert was, hence the desire to be counseled. Robert was, more or less, hedonistic and seemed to hate being king. He wasn't as afraid of being killed or losing the power as much as he was afraid of doing real work. The only exception was with Daenerys, but I think that may have more to do with her being Targaryen and them stealing his first wife. Joffrey, on the other hand, sees shadows in random places. He's naive, a coward, an idiot, and sees himself as a divine power. Tywin is right to not fear dragons, which were known to be weak for centuries, though admittedly, he should show a little more caution.
Hes right to be sceptical but hes wrong as a matter of fact. He [tywin] clearly is relying on faulty information, making him either incompetent or, well, himself, naive and fooled. Probably the latter, with him relying too heavily on Varys. Joffrey is a coward personally, theres no doubt of that. But fearing Dany is completely rational, something even Robert understood a year beforehand, long before she gained a large army and a reputation. Joffreys negative qualities are his sadism, cowardliness and immaturity, insofar as it goes larger political concerns--given hes twelve- hes actually been quite apt.

Like I said, I don't think Robert was actually afraid of Daenerys. He hated the Targaryens because of what they did to his wife. He understood the threat of the Dothraki, and the weakness of his kingdom, sure, but that's a lot different than fearing dragons and a slave army.

And he's only 12 now? I thought he was 14-15 by now...

Just a tangential and trivial point: Robert and Lyanna were betrothed but never married.
triangle
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3803 Posts
May 13 2013 07:23 GMT
#16355
Most boring episode of the season for me.
Also known as waterfall / w4terfall
Ercster
Profile Joined August 2011
United States603 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-13 07:34:06
May 13 2013 07:33 GMT
#16356
On May 13 2013 16:23 triangle wrote:
Most boring episode of the season for me.

Did you miss the part where they showed the hot chicks ass for like 20 minutes?
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Zandar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1541 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-13 07:35:35
May 13 2013 07:34 GMT
#16357
The winner of the recent Lord Bolton lookalike contest:

[image loading]
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
Ercster
Profile Joined August 2011
United States603 Posts
May 13 2013 07:37 GMT
#16358
On May 13 2013 16:17 GenesisX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2013 16:11 affinity wrote:
Goddamn that was the most terrified I've been of hookers showing up. Just waiting for the torturer to come out was.. well, torture. Those hookers are stone cold too; didn't even bat an eye seeing him getting wrecked.

Also I just found out that the wildling warg's actor is the same actor as the fake eyeball pirate from pirates of the caribbean.


omg dunno how I didn't make that connection lol

also, anyone else finding the endless Theon torturing getting kinda redundant? Maybe they're just setting up for a huge prison break scene where he kills his torturer in convincing fashion :D

It has to be for something in the future. It wouldn't make any sense otherwise to continuously remind us that he is being tortured.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” -Neil deGrasse Tyson
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
May 13 2013 07:40 GMT
#16359
On May 13 2013 16:20 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
MMMMM Talisa's ass

I'd break my vows to Direwolf that shit too Rob xD

==

Anyway, I thought this episode was pretty boring. The scene with Brienne and the bear was great though.

All I could think was that I was staring at the ass of Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter.
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
May 13 2013 07:41 GMT
#16360
On May 13 2013 16:33 Ercster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2013 16:23 triangle wrote:
Most boring episode of the season for me.

Did you miss the part where they showed the hot chicks ass for like 20 minutes?


Or how they foreshadowed the death (or downfall) of a couple of major characters?! (No I have not read the books, and I could be guessing wrong, but I was left worrying for several)
Prev 1 816 817 818 819 820 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft490
CranKy Ducklings66
EnkiAlexander 30
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft490
RuFF_SC2 85
CosmosSc2 60
Nina 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2251
Artosis 597
Dota 2
febbydoto6
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1078
taco 375
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox537
Other Games
summit1g8522
JimRising 692
Day[9].tv490
C9.Mang0316
Maynarde146
ViBE137
Livibee93
ArmadaUGS26
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1115
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP23
• OhrlRock 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv490
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 56m
Stellar Fest
10h 56m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.