• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:42
CEST 19:42
KST 02:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10103 users

Hip Hop / Rap Music Discussion - Page 48

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 46 47 48 49 50 68 Next
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
November 20 2013 07:22 GMT
#941
OK Kanye, y u have to go give such a great song like the worst music video I've ever seen?
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
jeeeeohn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States1343 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-20 21:34:57
November 20 2013 21:32 GMT
#942
My new favorite AZ song: + Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU237WT3vMw


"My wordplay blaze with the rays of ultraviolence"

Great fucking lyric.

Edit: And that beat is so chill, it's fantastic.
If you can't jam with the best, then you have to slam with the rest.
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
November 20 2013 21:59 GMT
#943
Speaking of AZ - + Show Spoiler +
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
Skullflower
Profile Joined July 2010
United States3779 Posts
November 21 2013 00:09 GMT
#944
hype

The ruminations are mine, let the world be yours.
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-22 03:41:57
November 21 2013 05:57 GMT
#945
The first song I heard that introduced me to AZ back in the days was Problems + Show Spoiler +
(around the same time I was hearing Illmatic I think)

Then I heard him with Nas in The Firm, a good album, but I specially used to play Desperado all the time: + Show Spoiler +
Canibus is the one on the first verse fyi (kills it).


It has been a while since I went on one of my 90's posting sprees so I will keep adding to this and maybe introduce some of you to that classic 1997 Luchini song (only one by them IMOI've been informed that whole album is good). That beat though...HOF. + Show Spoiler +


And if you are not scared and want to go even harder, funner, and a little older but more well-known, I will end the post with Uptown Anthem. Play at your own safety =P + Show Spoiler +
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
jeeeeohn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States1343 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-21 22:45:35
November 21 2013 22:34 GMT
#946
Man, that Camp Lo song is bangin', can't get enough of it.

And now for the only song I listened to while playing NBA Live 2005: + Show Spoiler +


On November 21 2013 09:09 Skullflower wrote:
hype

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8NJkKMw0WA


I actually really like this song The beat is so dense you can get lost in it.
If you can't jam with the best, then you have to slam with the rest.
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
November 21 2013 23:30 GMT
#947
Ok so I'm a huge metalhead but sometimes when I'm 'less than sober' I like to relive my teenage years and listen to some guilty pleasures of my youth such as Master P, Silkk the Shocker, C-Murder and all the other waves of Southern (not sure of style) rap.

Is there anything similar to that style that's out today for when I'm feeling especially dirty?

Sorry, pls don't make fun, I know it's bad stuff but it's a guilty pleasure at certain times.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
November 22 2013 03:06 GMT
#948
No such thing as a guilty pleasure, there is shit you enjoy and shit you don't

Take pride in your love of C-Murder and the fact that he is one of the most directly imitated rappers in history.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
November 23 2013 00:06 GMT
#949
I have to pass up floor seats to Hov bc i have to be back at school.....
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
Skullflower
Profile Joined July 2010
United States3779 Posts
November 23 2013 03:11 GMT
#950
sucks to be you
The ruminations are mine, let the world be yours.
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
November 23 2013 04:15 GMT
#951
im also passing up drake tickets bc the tickets aren't that good

i filled my concert quota already at a kid cudi show though so i can wait till next year
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
November 28 2013 14:36 GMT
#952
I thought MMLP2 was a fantastic album. it's been said before, but yeah he does have corny lines and "filler" lines even. but they're usually smart/funny and totally acceptable because he always uses the whole cd.

I really enjoyed how he seemed to keep the spirit of mmlp but MMLP2 was more refined and mature, but still had the anger and emotion he was known for.

I'm actually surprised that cudi doesn't get a lot of love in here. I thought indicud was good abducted definitely deserved more love.

but more importantly, anyone getting hype for gambino's new album!? I've been listening to camp and culsesac for the past few weeks. I think he is really underrated. his lyrics are so intelligent.

today I'm listening to vicious lies and dangerous rumors.gonna keep it on repeat and see if it clicks with me.
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
GranDGranT
Profile Joined April 2011
Sri Lanka2141 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-28 14:59:00
November 28 2013 14:58 GMT
#953
I doubt there are many fans of RHQ here, but what did everyone think of his new mixtape? Shits gonna be banging in the streets for the next couple of months, especially the track with Young Thug.

All Dota 2 casters are bad at their job
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
November 29 2013 00:28 GMT
#954
On November 28 2013 23:36 JonGalt wrote:
I thought MMLP2 was a fantastic album. it's been said before, but yeah he does have corny lines and "filler" lines even. but they're usually smart/funny and totally acceptable because he always uses the whole cd.

I really enjoyed how he seemed to keep the spirit of mmlp but MMLP2 was more refined and mature, but still had the anger and emotion he was known for.

I'm actually surprised that cudi doesn't get a lot of love in here. I thought indicud was good abducted definitely deserved more love.

but more importantly, anyone getting hype for gambino's new album!? I've been listening to camp and culsesac for the past few weeks. I think he is really underrated. his lyrics are so intelligent.

today I'm listening to vicious lies and dangerous rumors.gonna keep it on repeat and see if it clicks with me.

I used to like Cudi a lot(especially Intergalactic and Ho is Short For Honey) but after listening to his whole discog quite a bit I realized he doesn't have that much depth. And the interview he did with Nardwuar turned me off him entirely, so I don't even listen to him any more. As others have said, he's a fuck boy.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
November 29 2013 00:48 GMT
#955
care to paraphrase the interview? i think he has more in him than drug music, but he's not the most diverse person. but he has his niche, which is more than other rappers have

i very much enjoyed MMLP2 and it's catalyzed me listening to all of eminem's albums lol
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
November 29 2013 01:04 GMT
#956
+ Show Spoiler +
Whole interview is there. Just really disrespectful, walks off mid interview.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
jeeeeohn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States1343 Posts
November 29 2013 23:26 GMT
#957
Someone posted about Shad earlier in the thread, and I never properly thanked that person. So if you're reading this, thanks so much!

This is such a good fuckin' song:

+ Show Spoiler +
If you can't jam with the best, then you have to slam with the rest.
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
December 02 2013 16:33 GMT
#958
Finally got around to listening to MBDTF.

really really enjoying it. I have only listened (extensively) to college dropout and yeezus but I think MBDTF is by far my favorite. funny enough, I really really like monster - especially nicki minahj's verse.
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
December 02 2013 16:41 GMT
#959
dude check out Late Registration, my favorite Kanye album for sure.
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
December 02 2013 20:45 GMT
#960
On December 03 2013 01:41 DystopiaX wrote:
dude check out Late Registration, my favorite Kanye album for sure.


I've definitely heard it (years ago), but I don't have it now. I'm teaching new volunteers who just arrived from USA so I'm going to raid their music for every ounce of hip hop I can find.
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
Prev 1 46 47 48 49 50 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 301
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 125
BRAT_OK 75
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3221
Bisu 2122
Soulkey 1062
EffOrt 521
Larva 392
Mini 379
ZerO 198
Dewaltoss 187
hero 97
Mind 77
[ Show more ]
sorry 63
Sharp 61
Shinee 48
Barracks 37
Bale 27
Trap 25
Terrorterran 21
ToSsGirL 19
NaDa 19
scan(afreeca) 14
Rock 13
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Dendi1253
XaKoH 429
420jenkins377
League of Legends
Reynor74
Counter-Strike
fl0m4321
pashabiceps846
Fnx 663
x6flipin437
edward24
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu422
Other Games
Grubby2436
Liquid`RaSZi1591
FrodaN662
XBOCT263
Livibee187
TKL 125
C9.Mang0120
QueenE87
RotterdaM41
Mew2King33
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 67
• Reevou 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 45
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3073
• TFBlade662
Other Games
• Shiphtur637
• WagamamaTV580
• imaqtpie361
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 18m
Patches Events
22h 18m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.