• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:11
CEST 10:11
KST 17:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7952 users

Hip Hop / Rap Music Discussion - Page 37

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 68 Next
PanN
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2828 Posts
October 15 2013 00:05 GMT
#721
Girls in rap is incredible.



On top of this, check out dessa, an extremely talented female rapper. I've seen her live twice now, she likes to sing without a mic, her voice carries so fucking well that it doesn't aid her.
We have multiple brackets generated in advance. Relax . (Kennigit) I just simply do not understand how it can be the time to play can be 22nd at 9:30 pm PST / midnight the 23rd at the same time. (GGzerg)
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-15 01:49:55
October 15 2013 01:34 GMT
#722
Pusha T album is very good. Clipse like, except no Malice, and more features (he got an okay verse out of Rick Ross. Getting good Rick Ross verses is a measure of how good your album is). Material is similar as well - lots of drug references. But it's more wholesome than, Fear of God or his features. Production is pretty minimal, but in a good way. He gets blown away by Kendrick though lol.

Wow I don't have Hell Hath No Fury on my hard drive... How embarrassing lol. I think it's better than Pusha was in Till the Casket Drops though.

-
the more I read music reviews, the more validated I feel about my opinions. A lot of the reviews for My Name is my Name talk about production slowing down the album's pace, the features taking over too much and not complimenting Push, and Push himself not venturing enough material wise (sticking to the same old same old) in a lot of the songs, which doesn't really show a lot about him as a solo artist. Especially since this is his solo debut (hence the higher level to his mixtapes and features), he doesn't define himself particularly well. Also the middle part of the album is relatively weak. On the upside though, Pusha is a really fucking good rapper.
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
Pibacc
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada545 Posts
October 15 2013 02:27 GMT
#723
Really excited for the new Eminem album. I've also been listening to Kendrick a lot and I'm really loving his stuff.
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
October 15 2013 02:40 GMT
#724
Hell Hath No Fury is just fucking incredible. Its a rap album stripped to its barebones, and almost perfected.


I still haven't got/listened to Old or MNIMN. I've been digesting stuff some other music, but I'm looking forward to both album, I've heard great things about both of them.

Also, the new Em song is a definite improvement over the last 2, his rapping was damn impressive. But he's still 0/3 for hooks and beats imo. I still don't have much hope for his album.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
October 15 2013 04:16 GMT
#725
I actually liked the hook for Rap God. Most people would probably agree with you that it's not a good hook, but it was pretty cool to me in how he did it.

The hook is definitely the weakest part of the song though. Otherwise it's pretty sick. Only thing that worries me is his subject matter. So far it hasn't been as interesting to me as his earlier stuff.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
October 15 2013 04:38 GMT
#726
On October 15 2013 09:05 PanN wrote:
Girls in rap is incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff5HY06FfJ0

On top of this, check out dessa, an extremely talented female rapper. I've seen her live twice now, she likes to sing without a mic, her voice carries so fucking well that it doesn't aid her.

Here's some more girl rap:



Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
krez
Profile Joined August 2013
Australia59 Posts
October 15 2013 04:45 GMT
#727
ha. that shit is catchy
Pharcyd3
Profile Joined April 2009
United States90 Posts
October 15 2013 13:25 GMT
#728
I dunno what you're talking about i'm sitting at work saying "I'M BEGINNING TO FEEL LIKE A RAP GOD, RAP GOD"
Skullflower
Profile Joined July 2010
United States3779 Posts
October 15 2013 16:10 GMT
#729
On October 11 2013 13:33 ZapRoffo wrote:
The albums I can think of named '2' after a top notch classic album have been pretty ordinary.

Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...
Food and Liquor
The Blueprint

I feel like I had another one in mind when I started typing this but now I can't remember it.


Blackout! 2
The ruminations are mine, let the world be yours.
Bunn
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Estonia934 Posts
October 15 2013 21:06 GMT
#730
Damn, rap god is hard. Lovin it. Em showing why he's a living legend.
"There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level." - Bruce Lee
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
October 15 2013 21:41 GMT
#731
Rap God is sick. Fuck so solid! Em rapping about true shit is awesome. Hope other rappers take not, especially when he is on about every Rap song is a fucking pop song these days >.<
Ala Drake...
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
October 15 2013 23:29 GMT
#732
i wish he didnt use the word "faggot" but if he's trying to recapture 1990s Slim Shady i guess

how does he do this for 6 minutes goddamn
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-16 00:21:04
October 16 2013 00:19 GMT
#733
On October 16 2013 01:10 Skullflower wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2013 13:33 ZapRoffo wrote:
The albums I can think of named '2' after a top notch classic album have been pretty ordinary.

Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...
Food and Liquor
The Blueprint

I feel like I had another one in mind when I started typing this but now I can't remember it.


Blackout! 2

Oh yeah that was the one I was thinking of I think, and I forget if it was good, so obviously it was very forgettable to me. Was it to others as well?
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
October 16 2013 00:30 GMT
#734
On October 16 2013 06:41 Pandemona wrote:
Rap God is sick. Fuck so solid! Em rapping about true shit is awesome. Hope other rappers take not, especially when he is on about every Rap song is a fucking pop song these days >.<
Ala Drake...

Which point did he say that? Cause if he did that, he'd be a huge hypocrite after Recovery.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-16 03:38:31
October 16 2013 03:37 GMT
#735
Can someone explain why Kendrick Lamar is universally lauded? I get that he presents himself as introspective, and that his backstory of making it out of the ghetto, while not very original, is easy to root for. Other than that I don't understand why he is critically acclaimed.
Witten
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2094 Posts
October 16 2013 03:51 GMT
#736
@zulu_nation8 because he's a pretty good rapper. Upbringing and being introspective is fine and all, but he is critically acclaimed because good kid, m.a.a.d. city was an incredible album and he puts together great bars and makes great songs.

On an unrelated note, I'm still trying to understand why battle rappers can't make good music.
Brood War Forever / NA's premiere Shadow Shaman player / Courier Collector / Bot Game Champion / Highly amateur Mystical Ninja Goemon Speedrunner
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
October 16 2013 03:59 GMT
#737
because he's really fucking good. as an MC, AND at crafting an album. most rappers are one or the other but very rarely do you get one that's both.

also his recent features are fucking on point

see: control and nosetalgia
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
Pibacc
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada545 Posts
October 16 2013 03:59 GMT
#738
Rap God is so good damn, so excited for MMLP2!
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
October 16 2013 04:17 GMT
#739
On October 16 2013 12:37 zulu_nation8 wrote:
Can someone explain why Kendrick Lamar is universally lauded? I get that he presents himself as introspective, and that his backstory of making it out of the ghetto, while not very original, is easy to root for. Other than that I don't understand why he is critically acclaimed.

The artistic vision of the albums he's put out (Section 80 and especially GKMC) is incredible, that's the main reason. The depth of the storytelling (which is both authentic and layered), how it matches with the feel that's created by the music and his different voices, along with the pathos and how keenly observant he is. And the music and his skills are great and extremely listenable while also making concept rich stuff, that alone is very impressive.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
[SuNdae]
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Finland323 Posts
October 16 2013 04:18 GMT
#740
I wasn't really excited for new Eminem, but Rap God is sick. I'm hyped now.
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 546
Hyun 43
Killer 39
NotJumperer 33
Bale 32
scan(afreeca) 25
Larva 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Hm[arnc] 4
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto136
League of Legends
JimRising 470
Counter-Strike
ceh9551
edward219
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King101
Other Games
summit1g8262
olofmeister921
Coldzera 710
Happy261
Sick148
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2288
League of Legends
• Jankos828
• Stunt360
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 50m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 50m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 50m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.